Titans Return Trypticon Boxart

Titans Return Trypticon Boxart

Monday, April 3rd, 2017 9:31am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 27,730

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of fellow board member MadProject, we have from DaimChoc's Facebook page an image of the upcoming Titans Return Trypticon's Boxart! Featuring the big Decepticon dino alongside what appears to be tiny iterations of Sky Shadow and Sixshot (not included), take this with a grain of salt since the original source is still unkonwn. Nevertheless, check it out below! This toy is scheduled to be released in the fall, as was the case with every other Titan Release, so expect it to hit stores around August 2017.

Transformers News: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart

Credit(s): DaimChoc on Facebook


This article was last modified on Monday, April 3rd, 2017 9:50am CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871317)
Posted by g1transformers on April 3rd, 2017 @ 9:47am CDT
A thing of beauty. Love this line no end ;)^
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871318)
Posted by DeathReviews on April 3rd, 2017 @ 9:48am CDT
The box art makes him look a little SQUAT, there...
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871337)
Posted by o.supreme on April 3rd, 2017 @ 10:38am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Also, Dinosaurer II is a bad guy. His release is sure to be limited. Not that I'm sure if that is applicable to the Hb world wide market.

Devastator was a bad guy and he wasnt limited in any way.


If by not limited, you mean available online everywhere, because I never saw one at a B&M ever. Fair enough CW Dev is still available at BBTS for retail price, but if you are in the U.S. looking in stores, he was not in my area at least.

Also I’m surprised nobody is talking about the fact that since the TT mall video broke this weekend confirming Trypticon’s height as only 45 cm (just under 18 inches) –Basically the same size as CW Devastator, that he will not scale in size properly to Generations Metroplex or Fort Max.

It appears the blunder of the 80’s (Scorponok and Fort Max size mismatch) is about to be repeated in 2017! :(
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871341)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 3rd, 2017 @ 10:40am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Also, Dinosaurer II is a bad guy. His release is sure to be limited. Not that I'm sure if that is applicable to the Hb world wide market.

Devastator was a bad guy and he wasnt limited in any way.


If by not limited, you mean available online everywhere, because I never saw one at a B&M ever. Fair enough CW Dev is still available at BBTS for retail price, but if you are in the U.S. looking in stores, he was not in my area at least.

Also I’m surprised nobody is talking about the fact that since the TT mall video broke this weekend confirming Trypticon’s height as only 45 cm (just under 18 inches) –Basically the same size as CW Devastator, that he will not scale in size properly to Generations Metroplex or Fort Max.

It appears the blunder of the 80’s (Scorponok and Fort Max size mismatch) is about to be repeated in 2017! :(

We did see that and it was commented on. The thing is though, he is over 2 feet long. He is a heck of a lot beefier than the other city titans, and he stands at more of an angle than straight up, so unless we paid another $50 his height alone would not have equaled Plex or Max
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871342)
Posted by william-james88 on April 3rd, 2017 @ 10:42am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Also, Dinosaurer II is a bad guy. His release is sure to be limited. Not that I'm sure if that is applicable to the Hb world wide market.

Devastator was a bad guy and he wasnt limited in any way.


If by not limited, you mean available online everywhere, because I never saw one at a B&M ever. Fair enough CW Dev is still available at BBTS for retail price, but if you are in the U.S. looking in stores, he was not in my area at least.

Also I’m surprised nobody is talking about the fact that since the TT mall video broke this weekend confirming Trypticon’s height as only 45 cm (just under 18 inches) –Basically the same size as CW Devastator, that he will not scale in size properly to Generations Metroplex or Fort Max.

It appears the blunder of the 80’s (Scorponok and Fort Max size mismatch) is about to be repeated in 2017! :(

Yes, thats what it means to not be limited, Hasbro is not limiting the stores that can sell this toy. how they sell it is up to them, and Hasbro cant do anything about that.

About the height, we knew that a little while back when we posted this image:

Image

it was even the thumbnail for this news story:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... 230/37584/
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871343)
Posted by Kurona on April 3rd, 2017 @ 10:42am CDT
He's not that much smaller than Metroplex; and his being shorter is simply to be expected given Trypticon is very bulky compared to how... it feels weird to say this about a Titan; but how spindly Metroplex is. Seriously look at that waist, he needs some malnutrition.

Meanwhile his rival's a big fat lumberer of a dino; he's got a huge amount of mass from head to toe. If anyone was expecting Trypticon to be the same height as Metroplex, they were really getting their hopes up.
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871344)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on April 3rd, 2017 @ 10:44am CDT
Kurona wrote:He's not that much smaller than Metroplex; and his being shorter is simply to be expected given Trypticon is very bulky compared to how... it feels weird to say this about a Titan; but how spindly Metroplex is. Seriously look at that waist, he needs some malnutrition.

Meanwhile his rival's a big fat lumberer of a dino; he's got a huge amount of mass from head to toe. If anyone was expecting Trypticon to be the same height as Metroplex, they were really getting their hopes up.

trypticon needs to be bigger than metroplex
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871346)
Posted by MadProject on April 3rd, 2017 @ 10:49am CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Kurona wrote:He's not that much smaller than Metroplex; and his being shorter is simply to be expected given Trypticon is very bulky compared to how... it feels weird to say this about a Titan; but how spindly Metroplex is. Seriously look at that waist, he needs some malnutrition.

Meanwhile his rival's a big fat lumberer of a dino; he's got a huge amount of mass from head to toe. If anyone was expecting Trypticon to be the same height as Metroplex, they were really getting their hopes up.

trypticon needs to be bigger than metroplex


I agree that Trypticon should be bigger than Metroplex, but funny thing, while foot to head is smaller (45 cm, like Devastator), the lenght from head to tip of the tail is 65 cm, like (if not even something longer) than Metroplex and Fortress.
Also, for me is not so much problem, since I loved the Trypticon vs Omega Supreme from the WfC game, and if I'll ever do a diorama with Trypticon, I'll use YotS Omega Supreme (probably because I also don't have Metroplex)
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871347)
Posted by Kurona on April 3rd, 2017 @ 10:49am CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Kurona wrote:He's not that much smaller than Metroplex; and his being shorter is simply to be expected given Trypticon is very bulky compared to how... it feels weird to say this about a Titan; but how spindly Metroplex is. Seriously look at that waist, he needs some malnutrition.

Meanwhile his rival's a big fat lumberer of a dino; he's got a huge amount of mass from head to toe. If anyone was expecting Trypticon to be the same height as Metroplex, they were really getting their hopes up.

trypticon needs to be bigger than metroplex

For accuracy to a few scenes in that one cartoon, maybe. But what my point is is that whether he 'should' be or not, it simply wouldn't be possible without raising the price. Parts count, plastic mass, etc. I'm sure if you measure the two figures you'll find they have similar amounts of those due to that being what the budget would provide. If you want a bigger Trypticon you'll have to hope on third parties coming through.
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871349)
Posted by william-james88 on April 3rd, 2017 @ 10:49am CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:trypticon needs to be bigger than metroplex

Hasbro wrote:TOO BAD :twisted:
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871350)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on April 3rd, 2017 @ 10:52am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Kurona wrote:He's not that much smaller than Metroplex; and his being shorter is simply to be expected given Trypticon is very bulky compared to how... it feels weird to say this about a Titan; but how spindly Metroplex is. Seriously look at that waist, he needs some malnutrition.

Meanwhile his rival's a big fat lumberer of a dino; he's got a huge amount of mass from head to toe. If anyone was expecting Trypticon to be the same height as Metroplex, they were really getting their hopes up.

trypticon needs to be bigger than metroplex

For accuracy to a few scenes in that one cartoon, maybe. But what my point is is that whether he 'should' be or not, it simply wouldn't be possible without raising the price. Parts count, plastic mass, etc. I'm sure if you measure the two figures you'll find they have similar amounts of those due to that being what the budget would provide. If you want a bigger Trypticon you'll have to hope on third parties coming through.

but wasnt mettroplex 120 and hes the tallest and fort max was 150.

still un sure if i will get him
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871351)
Posted by Kurona on April 3rd, 2017 @ 10:54am CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Kurona wrote:He's not that much smaller than Metroplex; and his being shorter is simply to be expected given Trypticon is very bulky compared to how... it feels weird to say this about a Titan; but how spindly Metroplex is. Seriously look at that waist, he needs some malnutrition.

Meanwhile his rival's a big fat lumberer of a dino; he's got a huge amount of mass from head to toe. If anyone was expecting Trypticon to be the same height as Metroplex, they were really getting their hopes up.

trypticon needs to be bigger than metroplex

For accuracy to a few scenes in that one cartoon, maybe. But what my point is is that whether he 'should' be or not, it simply wouldn't be possible without raising the price. Parts count, plastic mass, etc. I'm sure if you measure the two figures you'll find they have similar amounts of those due to that being what the budget would provide. If you want a bigger Trypticon you'll have to hope on third parties coming through.

but wasnt mettroplex 120 and hes the tallest and fort max was 150.

still un sure if i will get him


If you're letting scale keep you back from getting him, I'd really recommend against that. You can still pose them to a point they look somewhat right, and there really isn't another option for Trypticon unless you want to go for Planet X's which is a completely different look and continuity. Try and consider him without comparing his size to Metroplex because focusing on that is just going to detract you from how amazing the rest of him is.
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871352)
Posted by MadProject on April 3rd, 2017 @ 10:55am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Kurona wrote:He's not that much smaller than Metroplex; and his being shorter is simply to be expected given Trypticon is very bulky compared to how... it feels weird to say this about a Titan; but how spindly Metroplex is. Seriously look at that waist, he needs some malnutrition.

Meanwhile his rival's a big fat lumberer of a dino; he's got a huge amount of mass from head to toe. If anyone was expecting Trypticon to be the same height as Metroplex, they were really getting their hopes up.

trypticon needs to be bigger than metroplex

For accuracy to a few scenes in that one cartoon, maybe. But what my point is is that whether he 'should' be or not, it simply wouldn't be possible without raising the price. Parts count, plastic mass, etc. I'm sure if you measure the two figures you'll find they have similar amounts of those due to that being what the budget would provide. If you want a bigger Trypticon you'll have to hope on third parties coming through.


exactly. Tail-to-head Trypticon is 65 cm long, while Metroplex is 60 cm tall.
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871353)
Posted by william-james88 on April 3rd, 2017 @ 10:55am CDT
Plus scale doesnt mater when Metroplex is begging for his life under trypticon's foot :lol:
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871355)
Posted by o.supreme on April 3rd, 2017 @ 11:01am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Plus scale doesnt mater when Metroplex is begging for his life under trypticon's foot :lol:


Never gonna happen LOL!—hence forth I’ll be referring to Trypticon as “shorty”. Besides we can always vote with our wallets not to buy this thing…
ON the plus side, I guess if you want to make the “9 great Destron generals” from TF:Zone, we now have 2 of them as *titan* size.
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871356)
Posted by Kurona on April 3rd, 2017 @ 11:02am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Plus scale doesnt mater when Metroplex is begging for his life under trypticon's foot :lol:

Image

OBLITERATED

o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Plus scale doesnt mater when Metroplex is begging for his life under trypticon's foot :lol:


Never gonna happen LOL!—hence forth I’ll be referring to Trypticon as “shorty”. Besides we can always vote with our wallets not to buy this thing…
ON the plus side, I guess if you want to make the “9 great Destron generals” from TF:Zone, we now have 2 of them as *titan* size.

... why? It's not exactly like they're using corrupt business practises or this is even a bad figure, everything shown about it so far looks incredibly. The only problem whatsoever is that he's not Metroplex's size. It's not exactly like they can whip up a bigger one with the Titan-class budget, they done the best they possibly could and brought out something amazing.
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871357)
Posted by o.supreme on April 3rd, 2017 @ 11:04am CDT
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Plus scale doesnt mater when Metroplex is begging for his life under trypticon's foot :lol:

Image

OBLITERATED


pic is not accurate though, plus we know short & tubby aint got no hops like that
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871358)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on April 3rd, 2017 @ 11:05am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Kurona wrote:He's not that much smaller than Metroplex; and his being shorter is simply to be expected given Trypticon is very bulky compared to how... it feels weird to say this about a Titan; but how spindly Metroplex is. Seriously look at that waist, he needs some malnutrition.

Meanwhile his rival's a big fat lumberer of a dino; he's got a huge amount of mass from head to toe. If anyone was expecting Trypticon to be the same height as Metroplex, they were really getting their hopes up.

trypticon needs to be bigger than metroplex

For accuracy to a few scenes in that one cartoon, maybe. But what my point is is that whether he 'should' be or not, it simply wouldn't be possible without raising the price. Parts count, plastic mass, etc. I'm sure if you measure the two figures you'll find they have similar amounts of those due to that being what the budget would provide. If you want a bigger Trypticon you'll have to hope on third parties coming through.

but wasnt mettroplex 120 and hes the tallest and fort max was 150.

still un sure if i will get him


If you're letting scale keep you back from getting him, I'd really recommend against that. You can still pose them to a point they look somewhat right, and there really isn't another option for Trypticon unless you want to go for Planet X's which is a completely different look and continuity. Try and consider him without comparing his size to Metroplex because focusing on that is just going to detract you from how amazing the rest of him is.

its not really the size since he would be with fort max because i dont have metro
wish he was a mix of foc and g1. did hasbro ever promise that. probably not
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871359)
Posted by Kurona on April 3rd, 2017 @ 11:09am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Plus scale doesnt mater when Metroplex is begging for his life under trypticon's foot :lol:

Image

OBLITERATED


pic is not accurate though, plus we know short & tubby aint got no hops like that

Not accurate to what? And he's easily got a chance against skinny and spindly :lol:
Re: Titans Return Trypticon Boxart (1871361)
Posted by o.supreme on April 3rd, 2017 @ 11:12am CDT
Kurona wrote:Not accurate to what? And he's easily got a chance against skinny and spindly :lol:


Cut, shrink Trypticon by 25%, & paste then repost that pic and see how believable it is

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
Twincast / Podcast #254:
"Redlining Sixth"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "transformers generations scoop, armada megatron, skybyte, tankor and more" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS ARMADA MEGATRON LEADER CLASS (Used)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Armada Megatron 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW07 BRUTICUS New MISB USA Seller" on EBAY
Buy "Toys Qt-15 Hound Suzuki Hustler Q Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG14 Ultra Magnus Figure Collector Doll Toy" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Titans Return TRYPTICON w Fulltilt NEW  sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG14 Ultra Magnus" on EBAY