Transformers Animated Activators First Look!

Transformers Animated Activators First Look!

Tuesday, April 8th, 2008 10:58am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 28,931

Animated Activators, the jump starters of the Animated line, have been given a little gallery treatment by TF08.net. These vehicles are supposed to be able to transform on their own and feature a simpler toy design than the normal Animated line.

Bumblebee:

Bulkhead:

Starscream:

Wave 2:
Optimus:

Ratchet:

Lockdown:

Credit(s): Counterpunch

Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675309)
Posted by Redimus on April 8th, 2008 @ 11:23am CDT
Im struglingto find anything I do not like about Animated, and these toys are no exception. I honeslty cant rmember the last time I felt so good about a new show, especilly one that changes things (*again*) quite as much as this one is.

Cant wait for these to be part of my collection!
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675311)
Posted by rpetras on April 8th, 2008 @ 11:25am CDT
I may be getting BB from this series. I think it may fit better in scale than the regular release.

I wonder if they are gonna do the bikes in this style? For the scale nazis that may work better in a display.
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675316)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on April 8th, 2008 @ 11:33am CDT
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675321)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 8th, 2008 @ 11:36am CDT
Orion_Prime48 wrote:are these replacing the legends figures? cause they are really small and we havnt seen a single animated Legends figure

I believe these are more like Fast Action Battlers.
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675322)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on April 8th, 2008 @ 11:37am CDT
I had my doubts about this part of the Animated line, but Starscream actually looks pretty good. Lockdown on the other hand, is downright fugly.
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675333)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 8th, 2008 @ 11:53am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
First Gen wrote:I wish I could figure out how to F&C this one. Then again Im sure you would have already if you knew CP. Great find.

Got it! FPC'd. When is ACS going to give you guys the teaching???

There's classes to take too? I thought we just got a gun, a badge, and a pension fund...
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675338)
Posted by Glitcher on April 8th, 2008 @ 11:56am CDT
I'm not a fan of Activators, but Bulkhead's chibi vehicle proportions are quite cute. :P
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675351)
Posted by Valandar on April 8th, 2008 @ 12:14pm CDT
I'm actually quite amazed at these. Consider the engineering that had to go into these to:

1 ) Automatically transform

2 ) Transform from a mostly toon-accurate alt mode to a mostly toon-accurate robot mode

3 ) Retain at least some articulation without the robot flopping into weird yoga poses when it auto-converts.

Personally, I unfortunately don't see how they could do an Activators Prowl...
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675388)
Posted by microclone on April 8th, 2008 @ 12:58pm CDT
bulkhead is possibly the cutest TF ever.

BB's hands should have been sculpted where the wrists are.
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675393)
Posted by ponycorn on April 8th, 2008 @ 1:06pm CDT
That activators Screamer belongs on my desk. The altmode with the hands showing is silly, but it's a small price to pay for the great looking robot mode with more articulation than I ever would have expected. Good looking + Starscream + posability = MINE!
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675471)
Posted by The Chaos Bringer on April 8th, 2008 @ 2:55pm CDT
Gaaah! Tiny, less-expensive versions of the larger figs that still have articulation and cartoon-accuracy?
Hasbro's on to me...

These really remind me of the old spring activated basic class figures from the BW/MW era. Some even transform in similar ways to those.
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675496)
Posted by Cyber-Kun on April 8th, 2008 @ 3:40pm CDT
I'm surprised there's one for Lockdown, these look surprisingly good...
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675616)
Posted by Mandamus on April 8th, 2008 @ 5:54pm CDT
These look great, especially Bumblebee. The feet are much better on this version. I'll def be getting most of this class.

Will this line get here already?
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675627)
Posted by Jaz-Zen on April 8th, 2008 @ 5:59pm CDT
These really are pure WIN. They are great! :grin: Yeah, I could see this version of Bumblebee being a better fit, scale-wise, than the deluxe verson. I'll definately pick up one for my little daughter, she loves BB. :)

This was SUCH a good idea! Way to go, Hasbro! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675762)
Posted by Bumblethumper on April 8th, 2008 @ 8:26pm CDT
I hope they do Prowl and most of the other characters in this class. Should be good for mixing and matching in order to get get a better sense of scale.

I may even have a use for Activator Optimus:

... somehow I doubt you'll get that same dramatic contrast with the Voyager Prime figure.
Re: Transformers Animated Activators First Look! (675804)
Posted by StryderPrime on April 8th, 2008 @ 9:21pm CDT
2 things 2 said.....

1st.....Ratchet look like he a full/back with the Kansas City Chiefs
but still decent looking

2nd.....I like Lockdown bot mode here then his deluxe counterpart but all and all i think these are a step up from the Movie FABs'

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Power Of The Primes POTP Deluxe MOONRACER Figure NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Beast Wars - Transmetals:  OPTIMAL OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Figure Exc Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Wars Punch-Counterpunch MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron NetFlix Series AUTOBOT ELITA-1 NIB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Prime Master Figures Age 8+" on EBAY