Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint

Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint

Thursday, July 14th, 2011 1:50pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 63,117

Site sponsor Kapow Toys has supplied us with images of an upcoming Transformers Dark of the Moon Voyager Shockwave repaint. We only have vehicle mode images for the moment, but as you can see the figure is giving off a very Galvatron-ish vibe. Take a look at the images mirrored below from Kapow Toys.

Credit(s): Kapow Toys

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 14th, 2011 2:31pm CDT

Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259132)
Posted by dabattousai on July 14th, 2011 @ 1:54pm CDT
I'm guessing this is suppose to go with a more movie accurate presentation since he did have a hint of purple, but still looked silver overall.
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259133)
Posted by DJLazer on July 14th, 2011 @ 1:57pm CDT
looks like galvatron to me.
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259136)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on July 14th, 2011 @ 1:59pm CDT
Looks awfull a can how the movie apps come in but i will never want this, all purple or nothing for me.
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259137)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on July 14th, 2011 @ 2:01pm CDT
DJLazer wrote:looks like galvatron to me.

I hope its not.
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259141)
Posted by DJLazer on July 14th, 2011 @ 2:06pm CDT
Autobot Genocide wrote:
DJLazer wrote:looks like galvatron to me.

I hope its not.

i know right.
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259143)
Posted by Screamfleet on July 14th, 2011 @ 2:06pm CDT
the purple seems to pop more.
I dont have shockwave yet, so I'll need to see a robot mode pic before I decide to pick up the current one, or wait for this guy.
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259145)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 14th, 2011 @ 2:07pm CDT
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259146)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 14th, 2011 @ 2:07pm CDT
I like the original better so far, but I knew a repaint was coming. >:oP new smily!
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259147)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 14th, 2011 @ 2:09pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:Well hasbro painting him like Megatron saves me alot of time and effort, all i need to do is buy this repaint then find a Megatron head to use to finally have a real movie Megatron. It does look a little more like Galvatron but theres a good balance of gray & purple so it could be use as either, plus the original shockwave figure would be better for galvatron anyway.

well, yes, this too. I'm curious as to what this new paintjob implies...
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259150)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on July 14th, 2011 @ 2:13pm CDT
This is one of the few times I like the repaint less than the original. My first thought was also Galvatron, but I think he would need a new head. Could this be a Radio Shackwave homage?
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259151)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on July 14th, 2011 @ 2:15pm CDT

The more I look at it, it might also be a prototype :-?
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259154)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 14th, 2011 @ 2:20pm CDT
Giant Purple Griffin wrote:
The more I look at it, it might also be a prototype :-?

Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259155)
Posted by FullMetalGeth on July 14th, 2011 @ 2:22pm CDT
Giant Purple Griffin wrote:
...The more I look at it, it might also be a prototype :-?

I think that's the least likely of the two.
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259157)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on July 14th, 2011 @ 2:25pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:There's too much detailing for it to be a prototype. Notice the little gold details and such.

Oh yeah, good point.
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259160)
Posted by Sunspot on July 14th, 2011 @ 2:30pm CDT
when i opened the home page, the text loaded first, and I read "Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint" and got really excited, then the images loaded, aaaaaand no longer excited. looks like RID Galvatron's brother who was dropped as a baby.
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259166)
Posted by ninjascythe79 on July 14th, 2011 @ 2:36pm CDT
man if they would just slap a galvatron head on this thing.......even a 3rd party.....i'll buy it
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259185)
Posted by all_the_primes on July 14th, 2011 @ 3:04pm CDT
:SICK: *barf* :oops: looks bad...
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259190)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 14th, 2011 @ 3:09pm CDT
I would be intersted if it was Galvatron and had a new head, but it looks like that's not the case. Pass.
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259191)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 14th, 2011 @ 3:09pm CDT
For some reason I'm thinking of Beast Wars Megatron when I see this. If it wasn't for the Shockwave head stuck in there.
Re: Transformers DOTM Voyager Shockwave Repaint (1259197)
Posted by Janus Prime on July 14th, 2011 @ 3:18pm CDT
Shackwave was the first thing that came to my mind, but I guess Sixshot might also be a possibility.Either way, the original colors are better.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Gigawatt Pre Sale!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Series Bumblebee & Starscream Hero Mashers Hasbro Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Steeljaw See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Grimlock See pictures !" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Sideswipe & Bumblebee MIX LOT 3’" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Autobot Intel Ops: Blaster, Perceptor & Cassettes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction SNARL  dinobot Deluxe With Manual" on EBAY