Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed?

Transformers News: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed?

Monday, April 22nd, 2019 7:12AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 43,606

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to a tip off from fellow Seibertron user, Sjeng, an image has surfaced from a yet as unknown, Japanese magazine. This image shows none other then Snaptrap!

He's presumably a Voyager Class as he appears to be a heavy retool of Power of the Primes Hun-Grr. While this certainty looks legit (reinforced by the just visible and recently announced Generations Selects Smokescreen on the right hand side) take this news with a pinch of salt until we can confirm the source of the image.

Transformers News: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed?

What do you think of this? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Credit(s): Sjeng from Seibertron
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019527)
Posted by Rainmaker on April 22nd, 2019 @ 7:35am CDT
wowowowowowo i see combiner ports wowowowowowo

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019528)
Posted by Sjeng on April 22nd, 2019 @ 7:50am CDT
Yeah! I'm pretty excited! putting this on my wanted list!
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019531)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2019 @ 8:17am CDT
Technically, the toy's name is "Turtler", which is interesting since all of the previous toys shared between Hasbro and Takara as part of the brand unification have used the Hasbro names in both markets. Here, though, Turtler is the original Takara name, suggesting that this, like Star Convoy, is all Takara's idea being done without Hasbro's input, and may only see an imported Takara-packaged release by Hasbro on Hasbro Pulse, rather than a proper Hasbro-packaged release.
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019533)
Posted by frogbat on April 22nd, 2019 @ 8:25am CDT
Only CW team I skipped on are the techno bots... this might be the 2nd due to costs. Have the g1 reissued lot I had acquired a few years back and they're a bit meh tbh.. obviously colour pics and completion sake might push me... but it's more a no than a yay at the mo.
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019538)
Posted by Vic Zanzibar on April 22nd, 2019 @ 8:51am CDT
I love combiners so having a more obscure one to collect over time would be fun... but the Seacons’ colors are so ugly. I like the TFCC version and God Neptune WAY more than the standard colors. We’ll have to see how they end up looking in color for me to decide on them.
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019541)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2019 @ 9:02am CDT
Vic Zanzibar wrote:I love combiners so having a more obscure one to collect over time would be fun... but the Seacons’ colors are so ugly. I like the TFCC version and God Neptune WAY more than the standard colors. We’ll have to see how they end up looking in color for me to decide on them.
That's even if the other limbs do get made. For something like this, Takara would have likely shown off the whole combiner at once to really hype up the set. But here, it's only one figure by itself. Unless it's all we're getting, for Takara to show off just one component alone is unusual.
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019547)
Posted by Latebrus-K on April 22nd, 2019 @ 9:34am CDT
Snaptrap/Turtler looks incredible, combiner mode will probably be great too...

Shut up and take my shanix! :D
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019548)
Posted by o.supreme on April 22nd, 2019 @ 9:35am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:That's even if the other limbs do get made. For something like this, Takara would have likely shown off the whole combiner at once to really hype up the set. But here, it's only one figure by itself. Unless it's all we're getting, for Takara to show off just one component alone is unusual.


I agree in some aspects however...the *brand unification* has definitely lead to some oddities. With CW & PotP, Hasbro would sell some as sets (Obviously the titan Class devastator and Predaking as Examples), and some as mostly online exclusives such as Computron, the G2 sets, and Liokaiser, and all the others were sold as individual components.

Using the original Japanese name is different, but showing him off as an individual is not unprecedented, as this is how the PotP Dinobots and Terrorcons were sold even through :TAKARATOMY: as a result of the previously mentioned brand unification.

What this tells me is, sadly, it seems there wont be a super-cool UW stylized box set for this release, which again is a real shame. But I've been wrong plenty times before. Just getting Piranacon/King Poseidon fulfills a huge wish for me personally, getting the box set would just be the icing on the cake, though it isn't absolutely necessary. The PotP Dinobots & Terrorcons have long been speculated as easily capable of being retooled for Deluxe Seacons, I cant wait to see what they come up with. Additionally, if they are going for the fences, it may be taking some extra time to develop a 6th member and a weapon mode for each deluxe if they are going for super original accuracy...
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019550)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2019 @ 9:43am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:That's even if the other limbs do get made. For something like this, Takara would have likely shown off the whole combiner at once to really hype up the set. But here, it's only one figure by itself. Unless it's all we're getting, for Takara to show off just one component alone is unusual.


I agree in some aspects however...the *brand unification* has definitely lead to some oddities. With CW & PotP, Hasbro would sell some as sets (Obviously the titan Class devastator and Predaking as Examples), and some as mostly online exclusives such as Computron, the G2 sets, and Liokaiser, and all the others were sold as individual components.
Only POTP was affected by the brand unification. Those CW sets had nothing to do with the it.

And Titan class figures all have to be one set to justify the Titan class pricepoint in the first place.

o.supreme wrote:Using the original Japanese name is different, but showing him off as an individual is not unprecedented, as this is how the PotP Dinobots and Terrorcons were sold even through :TAKARATOMY: as a result of the previously mentioned brand unification.
Except that this Turtler figure isn't like the POTP Combiners in that regard. It's a Takara-initiated product unbound by the same release standards as the POTP Combiners were beholden to by the brand unification. Since Hasbro was releasing the POTP Combiner pieces individually, the brand unification required Takara to do the same with their releases. Turtler, however, wouldn't have such restrictions that we can see, as Takara has had a history of being much more lenient and flexible with the budgets of their releases, both packaging-wise and mold/deco-wise. Meaning that if Takara wants to make a full blown King Poseidon out of this, there shouldn't be any obligations for them to have not shown the whole thing off at once, rather than just advertising Turtler alone as a single piece.

...Unless Turtler is the only piece we're getting. :(
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019552)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 22nd, 2019 @ 9:49am CDT
I suspect we'll have an answer either way soon. If turtler is the only one, it could be that Takara didn't feel like they should do the others without being able to do the target master aspect. It could also be that they are doing the seacons as a very slow release. We simply don't have enough information at this time, unless someone can translate that text in the picture (assuming it's not like just announcing the name
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019554)
Posted by Sjeng on April 22nd, 2019 @ 10:01am CDT
Well, it IS only grey atm. Maybe when it's colours are done, we get to see the rest. Seems strange not to make the other seacons.

We may get a 6th Seacon/weapon as a legends class, much like with the other combiners.

And I love the original colours.
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019555)
Posted by Black Hat on April 22nd, 2019 @ 10:19am CDT
Wow, this looks amazing. I really hope they do the rest of the Seacons to the same standard.
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019559)
Posted by Cobotron on April 22nd, 2019 @ 10:51am CDT
Well this is fun!
Just a hunch, but since snappy there comes with the breast plate for the combined mode(even has the little flip out wings), I'd bet the rest of the team are on the table. Don't see why they wouldn't do that. Takara doesn't tend to do things like Betatron, or what ever Hasbro called the sparkless effort at an odd release of Scattershot. But who can really say?

I do wonder though if the Seacon limbs will all be retools, or if there would be any new molds?
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019560)
Posted by o.supreme on April 22nd, 2019 @ 11:07am CDT
Even with Scattershot however, we eventually got 2 unique Computron's ;) . There's not been a Combiner Team Leader/ Voyager released yet for a specific team, that didn't eventually get the other team members.
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019561)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on April 22nd, 2019 @ 11:11am CDT
Regardless, the Seacons live once more! It only took 31 years, but I am impressed, HasTak :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019563)
Posted by Seibertron on April 22nd, 2019 @ 11:19am CDT
Well that is a plenty surprise to see on a Monday morning. I'm betting everything that Takara has plans for an entire Seacon combiner, but it's entertaining you guys throwing rules around about how a corporate toy company operates, which has regular shifts with how things operate and are marketed.
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019565)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 22nd, 2019 @ 11:40am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Even with Scattershot however, we eventually got 2 unique Computron's ;) . There's not been a Combiner Team Leader/ Voyager released yet for a specific team, that didn't eventually get the other team members.

Hasbro's galvatronus? I'd consider him to be distinct from Takara's Grand Galvaltron

Wouldn't it be funny if Takara did Snappy here and two of the other limbs, then Hasbro finished it off with the last two :lol: I mean you'll be able to get them from the same place regardless ;)
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019566)
Posted by o.supreme on April 22nd, 2019 @ 11:48am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Even with Scattershot however, we eventually got 2 unique Computron's ;) . There's not been a Combiner Team Leader/ Voyager released yet for a specific team, that didn't eventually get the other team members.

Hasbro's galvatronus? I'd consider him to be distinct from Takara's Grand Galvaltron

Wouldn't it be funny if Takara did Snappy here and two of the other limbs, then Hasbro finished it off with the last two :lol: I mean you'll be able to get them from the same place regardless ;)



CW Cyclonus was not part of a specific team, he was meant to be combined with anyone, thus there were no missing Limbs. All the same though, I am so glad for UW-06, which meant I didn't have to get Hasbro's Cyclonus.
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019568)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on April 22nd, 2019 @ 12:02pm CDT
I'd like to see a set of Seacons, but I agree with someone else, it would be better to see one of the other color schemes for them then the original.
Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Snaptrap Revealed? (2019569)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on April 22nd, 2019 @ 12:08pm CDT
While we're at it, we should have all future Optimus Prime figures in the Purple, Black and Grey colour palette of SG. Alternatively, let's see characters that haven't had a new toy in THREE DECADES paid homage respectfully, like everyone else before whining about the colour scheme? >:oP

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
Twincast / Podcast #222:
"The Real Ghostbusters"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rock Garage Rescue Bots Fireman Fireplug CHOP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots 10, 2 Of Salvage, Chase, Boulder, Heatwave, & Hightide" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots - Arctic Boulder & Bumblebee Rock Team" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G2 MEGATRON WITH BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 2 Manta Ray (Hasbro 1994) Ultra Rare Brand New on Card" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO Transformers Robots In Disguise 2 Pack Figures Hot Shot R.E.V. Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "SWINDLE Transformers Fall of Cybertron Unopened/Sealed USA Seller" on EBAY
Buy "VORTEX Transformers Fall of Cybertron Unopened/Sealed USA Seller" on EBAY