Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker

Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker

Friday, February 6th, 2015 8:58pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 33,153

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Takara Tomy has just released the 19th comic in their Japanese Transformers Legends Comic Series.
This one features, as they put it, fun everyday drama with Tailgate and Groundshaker as they dispose of a bomb, speak of the Planet Micro and defeat Trypticon, all in a day's work.
The comic has been mirrored below for your enjoyment.

Transformers News: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker

Credit(s): Takara Tomy


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1647695)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 6th, 2015 @ 9:52pm CST
Dear portion of the fandom that does translations of Japanese TF fiction,

If there were ever to be a chapter of the Legends manga, even just a single one, to be translated, it would, without a doubt, HAVE to be this one!

The final panel that shows Micromaster Hot Rodimus with the Matrix, Alpha Trion' ghost, and a bunch of other Micromasters, is definitely of some significant importance to the Headmasters cartoon, implying that it might possibly be canonizing the longstanding fan theory that Rodimus found Planet Micro for the Transformers to live on after Cybertron was destroyed.

But, we cannot know for sure without a proper translation. So please, PLEASE, you masters of Japanese translations, kindly work your skills and magic upon this lone piece of Legends media. You won't regret your service to this fandom, as many will be most greatful for your efforts.

Sincerely,

The eager portion of the fandom that is fascinated with the Japanese TF lore.

:P :-B ;)^
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1647710)
Posted by Rated X on February 6th, 2015 @ 10:14pm CST
Ok this is really weird. Whats up with that kirby looking thing ? Its like some KISS Players type stuff. :shock:
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1647723)
Posted by william-james88 on February 6th, 2015 @ 10:34pm CST
Rated X wrote:Ok this is really weird. Whats up with that kirby looking thing ? Its like some KISS Players type stuff. :shock:


It's Rattrap, you can tell because he has the same weapon he comes with (the boniculars looking thing)
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1647729)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 6th, 2015 @ 10:42pm CST
Rated X wrote:Ok this is really weird. Whats up with that kirby looking thing ? Its like some KISS Players type stuff. :shock:
What Kirby thing? You mean Rattrap?

And, no, it's not like Kiss Players. Kiss Players' schtick was its being sexually disturbing.
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1647748)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:20pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Ok this is really weird. Whats up with that kirby looking thing ? Its like some KISS Players type stuff. :shock:
What Kirby thing? You mean Rattrap?

And, no, it's not like Kiss Players. Kiss Players' schtick was its being sexually disturbing.


It just has the KISSPlayers writer and artist if I'm not mistaken.

As for Rodimus' involvement with Planet Micro........could that be the reason why he shrunked down to Micromaster size during Battlestars?
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1647754)
Posted by Desslok2201 on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:31pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Dear portion of the fandom that does translations of Japanese TF fiction,

If there were ever to be a chapter of the Legends manga, even just a single one, to be translated, it would, without a doubt, HAVE to be this one!

The final panel that shows Micromaster Hot Rodimus with the Matrix, Alpha Trion' ghost, and a bunch of other Micromasters, is definitely of some significant importance to the Headmasters cartoon, implying that it might possibly be canonizing the longstanding fan theory that Rodimus found Planet Micro for the Transformers to live on after Cybertron was destroyed.

But, we cannot know for sure without a proper translation. So please, PLEASE, you masters of Japanese translations, kindly work your skills and magic upon this lone piece of Legends media. You won't regret your service to this fandom, as many will be most greatful for your efforts.

Sincerely,

The eager portion of the fandom that is fascinated with the Japanese TF lore.

:P :-B ;)^

I don't know why I never connected those dots...Rodimus Prime leaving and the sudden appearance of a micromaster Hot Rod in Return of Convoy. It makes perfect sense now
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1647759)
Posted by Convoy on February 6th, 2015 @ 11:39pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Dear portion of the fandom that does translations of Japanese TF fiction,

If there were ever to be a chapter of the Legends manga, even just a single one, to be translated, it would, without a doubt, HAVE to be this one!

The final panel that shows Micromaster Hot Rodimus with the Matrix, Alpha Trion' ghost, and a bunch of other Micromasters, is definitely of some significant importance to the Headmasters cartoon, implying that it might possibly be canonizing the longstanding fan theory that Rodimus found Planet Micro for the Transformers to live on after Cybertron was destroyed.

But, we cannot know for sure without a proper translation. So please, PLEASE, you masters of Japanese translations, kindly work your skills and magic upon this lone piece of Legends media. You won't regret your service to this fandom, as many will be most greatful for your efforts.

Sincerely,

The eager portion of the fandom that is fascinated with the Japanese TF lore.

:P :-B ;)^

Uh, yes to all of that. It's almost kinda scary. I'm looking forward to seeing it on the wiki!
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1647801)
Posted by JasonCanty79 on February 7th, 2015 @ 1:55am CST
Also works with how the Beast Warrior TFs are smaller than G1 TF Ancestors. Planet Micro becomes "NEW" Cybertron in Beast era. Sort of how in IDW universe Gorlam Prime's organic inhabitants became Micromasters thanks to Jhiaxus, and in an ALt future/Dream? Grlam Prime
becomes a new Cybertron.

Maybe Gorlam Prime and Planet Micro will become one in the same. Considering that Rodimus will
get New Legends Figure in the form of Blackjack retool and repaint. I can see the Tomy Takara staff will try to use that as a connection in a future Legends webcomic.
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1647838)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 7th, 2015 @ 5:52am CST
JasonCanty79 wrote:Also works with how the Beast Warrior TFs are smaller than G1 TF Ancestors. Planet Micro becomes "NEW" Cybertron in Beast era.
Except that the original Cybertron gets restored to being hospitable again by the time of G-2, with the Autobots and Decepticons living on it again.

Not to mention the Cybertron of the Beast Era containing several things found only on the original Cybertron such as Vector Sigma, the Plasma Energy Chamber, Iacon, etc.

JasonCanty79 wrote:Maybe Gorlam Prime and Planet Micro will become one in the same. Considering that Rodimus will
get New Legends Figure in the form of Blackjack retool and repaint. I can see the Tomy Takara staff will try to use that as a connection in a future Legends webcomic.
Takara's Legends line seems to be ending with Megatron, as Superion will be part of a new line called Unite Warriors. And with Rodimus's new toy being a retool of Blackjack, it is possible that Takara might ignore releasing it just as they have ignored several other retooled Generations molds lately.
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1647846)
Posted by Desslok2201 on February 7th, 2015 @ 6:56am CST
Convoy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Dear portion of the fandom that does translations of Japanese TF fiction,

If there were ever to be a chapter of the Legends manga, even just a single one, to be translated, it would, without a doubt, HAVE to be this one!

The final panel that shows Micromaster Hot Rodimus with the Matrix, Alpha Trion' ghost, and a bunch of other Micromasters, is definitely of some significant importance to the Headmasters cartoon, implying that it might possibly be canonizing the longstanding fan theory that Rodimus found Planet Micro for the Transformers to live on after Cybertron was destroyed.

But, we cannot know for sure without a proper translation. So please, PLEASE, you masters of Japanese translations, kindly work your skills and magic upon this lone piece of Legends media. You won't regret your service to this fandom, as many will be most greatful for your efforts.

Sincerely,

The eager portion of the fandom that is fascinated with the Japanese TF lore.

:P :-B ;)^

Uh, yes to all of that. It's almost kinda scary. I'm looking forward to seeing it on the wiki!

Any theory about what happens to Kup and Blurr?
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1647860)
Posted by no-one on February 7th, 2015 @ 7:27am CST
For on the spot translations, you can try Google translate on mobile. It will take a picture and you highlight the portion you want to translate. I'm getting mixed results at best, but you can get the jest of what they are saying.

I think the top right panel Tailgate states his name and maybe the one below he says he works in waste management. A lot of talk of microns.

Some languages will translate in real time.
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1647861)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 7th, 2015 @ 7:29am CST
carytheone wrote:For on the spot translations, you can try Google translate
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1647863)
Posted by no-one on February 7th, 2015 @ 7:35am CST
apparently not
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1647900)
Posted by JasonCanty79 on February 7th, 2015 @ 10:09am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
JasonCanty79 wrote:Also works with how the Beast Warrior TFs are smaller than G1 TF Ancestors. Planet Micro becomes "NEW" Cybertron in Beast era.
Except that the original Cybertron gets restored to being hospitable again by the time of G-2, with the Autobots and Decepticons living on it again.

Not to mention the Cybertron of the Beast Era containing several things found only on the original Cybertron such as Vector Sigma, the Plasma Energy Chamber, Iacon, etc.

JasonCanty79 wrote:Maybe Gorlam Prime and Planet Micro will become one in the same. Considering that Rodimus will
get New Legends Figure in the form of Blackjack retool and repaint. I can see the Tomy Takara staff will try to use that as a connection in a future Legends webcomic.
Takara's Legends line seems to be ending with Megatron, as Superion will be part of a new line called Unite Warriors. And with Rodimus's new toy being a retool of Blackjack, it is possible that Takara might ignore releasing it just as they have ignored several other retooled Generations molds lately.



Hmm I thought the G-2 Cybertron in the Japanese toy comics takes place in the 90's (as they in the IRL time they where released) and thus before the 2005/2010, Headmasters and so on series. And True Cybertron in Beast Era did contain same G1 Locations, but was that also
explained in the Japanese dubs for BW2 and Neo? I didn't see all of the Japanese original BW cartoons, so not sure if the Cybertron in BW Japan era is considered New Cybertron that Rodimus Founded, or a Restored Cybertron (despite being blown up).

Ok I talked to my friend in Japan and he said this from what he recalled: "it was back without explanation in TF-V or TF-Z, so the fans were speculating that rodomus (from manga) did restore the timeline".
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1648091)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 7th, 2015 @ 6:04pm CST
JasonCanty79 wrote:Hmm I thought the G-2 Cybertron in the Japanese toy comics takes place in the 90's (as they in the IRL time they where released) and thus before the 2005/2010, Headmasters and so on series.
Nope. The G-2 pack-in manga and story pages took place some time after 2035.

Though, the sole chapter of G-2 manga titled "The New Battle!!" did take place in the 90's, but it's a different continuity.

JasonCanty79 wrote:And True Cybertron in Beast Era did contain same G1 Locations, but was that also
explained in the Japanese dubs for BW2 and Neo? I didn't see all of the Japanese original BW cartoons, so not sure if the Cybertron in BW Japan era is considered New Cybertron that Rodimus Founded, or a Restored Cybertron (despite being blown up).
See this timeline for more details - http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Generation_1_cartoon_timeline_(Japan)

Also, just a pet peeve of mine, but it's not "Beast Wars 2", it's "Beast Wars II" ("Beast Wars Second").

JasonCanty79 wrote:Ok I talked to my friend in Japan and he said this from what he recalled: "it was back without explanation in TF-V or TF-Z, so the fans were speculating that rodomus (from manga) did restore the timeline".
Cybertron didn't appear in Victory or Zone.
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1648122)
Posted by JasonCanty79 on February 7th, 2015 @ 7:10pm CST
II can also mean 2 XD or 2nd XD
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1648128)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 7th, 2015 @ 7:16pm CST
JasonCanty79 wrote:II can also mean 2 XD or 2nd XD
The show verbally calls itself "Bīsuto Wōzu Sekando" rather than "Bīsuto Wōzu Tsū"
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1648137)
Posted by JasonCanty79 on February 7th, 2015 @ 7:40pm CST
yes this is true but when I typed Beast Wars 2 the first time. I as typing fast, and didn't put Beast Wars 2nd.
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1650203)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 12th, 2015 @ 4:15pm CST
https://twitter.com/TFYUKI

Image

Image

Image

Let the objectificaTION begin!

https://twitter.com/kinoko51

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

See how Chromia's art kicks high or how Windblade grasps ther "blade"? Arcee on the other hand is a warmonger with all the guns blazing!
Re: Transformers Legends Manga 19 featuring Tailgate and Groundshaker (1650206)
Posted by Cobotron on February 12th, 2015 @ 4:23pm CST
Oh Fen. Don't feed the beast.

speaking of beasts. what is that horrible dog thing?

I think I like Hasbro Chromia better. That smile is strange.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2013 MACHINE WARS SUNSTORM #A" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer Set- Blurr, Boulder, Chase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Commander Class Megatron Figure Sealed AA173" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Shattered Glass   #4  * First Print *    Cover A     NEW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Commander Class Optimus Prime Figure Sealed Z943" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC-S44 Siege Battlemasters Singe War for Cybertron Target" on EBAY