Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary

Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary

Sunday, August 14th, 2011 4:46pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 55,357

For a second week in a row, the latest Transformers: Prime episode gets its world premiere on Teletoon, a Canadian cartoon television channel. The 22nd episode of Transformers: Prime and the 17th episode of the so-called first season focuses on Ratchet.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Taking Bulkhead's data to formulate synthetic energon, Ratchet begins testing this new source of energy. Ratchet reminds viewers that the Autobot's supply of energon is running low, not before the rest of the Autobots portal out to hunt down energon nabbing Decepticons. The medic just wishes he could do more, eventually succumbing and testing himself with synthetic energon.

Raf wakes up Ratchet, only for the Autobot to find out that the synthetic energon 'works'. With the rest of the Autobots outnumbered and outgunned, we find Arcee in a bit of a pickle. Ratchet then portals in, fighting like he's never fought before. After easily defeating the Decepticons forces by himself, Ratchet and the rest of the Autobots return to the Autobot base, where Prime tells Ratchet that testing should continue on machines, not Autobots. As the downtime continues in the base, we find that not only has Ratchet's strength and speed have changed, but so has his personality.

The more aggressive Ratchet continues to inject himself with synthetic energon. Ready to bust up the Decepticons, Ratchet tells Bumblebee to stay back at the base, taking Bee's position in the squad. The Autobots stumble upon the Decepticons mining more Energon. At the conclusion of the battle, Ratchet nearly decapitates a Decepticon, only for Optimus to hold him back, telling his friend that the 'con was a miner, not a soldier. Through his aggressive means, Ratchet was able to discover the location of Megatron. The conversation between the Autobots then gets feisty, with Ratchet firing words at his fellow friends.

Prime realizes that the synthetic energon has changed Ratchet for the worse, and tells him that he's to return to base. This only invokes Ratchet to tackle Bulkhead, and then transforms and rides off to attack Megatron. Ratchet ends up at Knockout's base, attempting to take Megatron one on one. While Ratchet's strength may be enhanced by synthetic energon, he is simply no match for Megatron. The Decepticon leader fatally wounds Ratchet, leaving him for Knockout to extract the Autobot's new found fuel source.. After Knockout takes the synthetic Energon from Ratchet, he nearly finishes off the medic, only for the rest of the Autobots to show up. Ratchet is able to fend off Knockout, and destroy the Decepticon's synthetic Energon. We return to the Autobot base, to find a recovering Ratchet, and the Autobot's new found Energon supply. But of course.. the Decepticons did not lose all of their synthetic Energon.

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): Knightwave

This article was last modified on Sunday, August 14th, 2011 6:57pm CDT

Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276372)
Posted by Blurrz on August 14th, 2011 @ 4:48pm CDT
Watch it on youtube courtesy of Seibertron.com member Knightwave!

Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276377)
Posted by BeastProwl on August 14th, 2011 @ 5:02pm CDT
Waiting for the toy AND the repaint of
ROID RAGE RATCHET!
Seriously though, Even UTI, Ratchet proves he can Kick decepticon skidplate! Weeks ago I said, I wan't to see more RATCHET. I want to see him get out in the field. I want to see those years an years of great war experience shine through, in one form or another. Sure, some synthetic stuff was needed, but hey, was I the only one who was like OOOH SH*T! When he flat out punched Megatron right in the face? And how megatron flew all the way across the cavern and slams into the wall just proves the momentum behind that punch, I mean sure, megatron wasn't ready, but he still had enough power to move him that far at that speed! He threw bulkhead, twice! Synthetic or not, those were ratchet's moves. I, for one, like what I saw to no end! His sword were kind of a let down though. I was kind of hoping for saws....but swords work!

Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276398)
Posted by Optimall on August 14th, 2011 @ 5:42pm CDT
Hey, just trying to gauge Ratchets punch, Does Megatron still have / need Dark Energon to be alive? He used to have purple eyes when he had D.E in his chest and now they are red again. If megs has the D.E in him then it's expected that Ratchet wouldn't stand a chance, but if Megs is normal now then WOW, he really is one badass mother!
And finally Ratchet gets some decent screen time WOOHOO!!!!
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276430)
Posted by Bouncy X on August 14th, 2011 @ 6:43pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:Waiting for the toy AND the repaint of
ROID RAGE RATCHET!

so it was you? !!!! lol

as i watched this episode i was thinking, "hey that person on seibertron would be happy to see this" cuz i totally remembered somebody asking for more action time for Ratchet. lol

it was indeed a great episode and the animation for his fighting was awesome.
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276438)
Posted by BeastProwl on August 14th, 2011 @ 6:57pm CDT
Bouncy X wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:Waiting for the toy AND the repaint of
ROID RAGE RATCHET!

so it was you? !!!! lol

it was indeed a great episode and the animation for his fighting was awesome.

yeah, it was me, ratchet's like, my favorite TF Prime autobot, whenever he's on screen, I know Something funny, cool, or serious is about to happen. He's never not around during anything else. all and all, I'm glad he got to run out in the field! Ratchet's got some stylish fighting skills! Hopefully those shine through in later episodes. I just hope that rumored autobot death ISN'T him.
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276454)
Posted by dragons on August 14th, 2011 @ 7:18pm CDT
surprised hasbro & hub would decide to do episode like this on this series with venom have not seen many episodes waiting for complete series.
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276461)
Posted by Heavy B on August 14th, 2011 @ 7:26pm CDT
god DAMN, ratchet was hardcore.
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276507)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on August 14th, 2011 @ 9:51pm CDT
I wonder how much more a Decepticon can get with the stuff
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276552)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 14th, 2011 @ 11:51pm CDT
My thoughts:
I wrote:Episode 22 -

Ratchet's testing a sample of synthetic energon? Hey, an actual plot point carried over from the previous episode, and it wasn't even a two-parter. :D

Cliffjumper seen in recycled footage flashback.

Ratchet (sighing): "Sometimes, I wish I could do more." - Oh, I am already digging Ratchet in this episode. He is so channeling the personality of G1 Marvel Comics Ratchet (possibly the greatest Autobot character of all the Marvel G1 comics) in this one. 8-)

...until he injects himself with the sample and passes out. :o :-(

Ratchet transformed!... And we still don't get a good look at his altmode. Why do they never show that one up close?

Look at Ratchet go G.I. Joe on those Vehicons! He's go his Marvel G1 self's feel back. :D

LOL at Ratchet's clicking at Arcee. That is priceless! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seems Ratchet forgot about the old saying of, "Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Oh snap! FINALLY. A good look at Ratchet's ambulance altmode!

Optimus Prime: "Autobots do not inflict harm unless all other options have been exhausted. (snarling angry) It is what separates us from the Decepticons." - A...MEN! Ratchet went too far with that torturing session. His synthetic energon is making him act more like if he had taken Dark Energon instead.

Totally saw Ratchet going rogue coming.

Say, are those Vehicon miners of a unique model from the normal and flying versions? Their shoulders look different enough.

First G1 Cliffjumper punches G1 Megatron in the family jewels, and now Prime Ratchet nails Prime Megatron right in the kisser! They've got serious bearings, man. 8-)

Ever since episode 20, I've been expecting someone to die in these episodes. This time, I anticipated Ratchet, only to be fooled once again by his recovery.

There would be one drop remaining for the Cons to get their hands on. :roll:
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276563)
Posted by Autobot032 on August 15th, 2011 @ 12:19am CDT
Fantastic episode. Just blew me away.

MOAR PLZ.
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276606)
Posted by outerglow on August 15th, 2011 @ 4:53am CDT

As for Ratchet, the moment he nailed Megs in the face I just shook my head and watched stating "dude... you only pissed him off!" LOL

Good episode, it's about time we got some screen time for the old bot ;)

Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276651)
Posted by FullMetalGeth on August 15th, 2011 @ 9:27am CDT
BeastProwl wrote:...Also, is it just me, or were those lights on the tops of his shoulders new? I don't remember seeing them earlier on. maybe a hint as to how the yet un released toy will look?

No, those lights aren't new.

Dr. Heavy B wrote:god DAMN, ratchet was hardcore.

YES HE WAS.
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276663)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 15th, 2011 @ 9:58am CDT
outerglow wrote:Arcee in this episode was too much for me.... she already urks me as it is... I dunno... I just wanted to smack her so many times in this episode LOL.
What? She's the Autobot with the strongest character in this show. She's like this show's answer to Dinobot and Animated Prowl.

outerglow wrote:Is it urking anyone at all that Megs hasn't inquired about Screamer yet to anyone from the autobot side? Makes me think these episodes were written before they had Screamer go rogue.
Yeah, kinda. Though, I'm willing to bet that he somehow found out off screen that the Autobots don't have Screamer.
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276671)
Posted by outerglow on August 15th, 2011 @ 10:18am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Naww.. actually what urks me the most about her is that headstrong insubordinate personality. It's not new.. and a trait I dislike about her. this badass, and when something happens it's all someone elses fault (no joke she blames EVERYONE all the time for stuff), I mean Bee did a lot of that in TFA and it was cute only cause he had the wit to back it up and the humor behind his motives... but I dont see Arcee anywhere in comparison to Prowl or even the Dinobots. I mean even the dinobots knew after switching sides that OP was right after all. And Prowl has always observed before he's acted. The fact is, I dont like that she's had the most character development time in the series, but she still barrels into things after ppl tell her not to and never learns from her mistakes.
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276674)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on August 15th, 2011 @ 10:31am CDT
I would like to give a big thank you to Knightwave :D ,for posting it on Youtube ,its the only way i get to see TF Prime . :D :DANCE:
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276675)
Posted by Bed Bugs on August 15th, 2011 @ 10:32am CDT
^ Comparison FAIL. He was referring to Beast Wars Dinobot for characterization, not the G1 Dinobots. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276696)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 15th, 2011 @ 11:37am CDT
outerglow wrote:Naww.. actually what urks me the most about her is that headstrong insubordinate personality. It's not new.. and a trait I dislike about her. this badass, and when something happens it's all someone elses fault (no joke she blames EVERYONE all the time for stuff), I mean Bee did a lot of that in TFA and it was cute only cause he had the wit to back it up and the humor behind his motives...
She blames herself for not being able to save Tailgate. Though she knows that Airachnid was responsible for actually killing him, she burdens herself knowing that she failed to save him from death.

And in the same episode, she blames herself for putting Jack in danger as he's being pursued by Airachnid.

And in episode 20, she knows that it's no one else's fault but her own for her succumbing to vengeance when she almost killed Starscream. And act she openly regretted by that episode's end.

outerglow wrote:but I dont see Arcee anywhere in comparison to Prowl or even the Dinobots. I mean even the dinobots knew after switching sides that OP was right after all. And Prowl has always observed before he's acted. The fact is, I dont like that she's had the most character development time in the series, but she still barrels into things after ppl tell her not to and never learns from her mistakes.
Like Fender Bender said, not "the Dinobots", but "Dinobot".

He lived a warrior and died a hero. May his spark join the Matrix... the greatest of Cybertron.
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276813)
Posted by outerglow on August 15th, 2011 @ 3:37pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Like Fender Bender said, not "the Dinobots", but "Dinobot".

Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276822)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 15th, 2011 @ 3:47pm CDT
outerglow wrote:Eh to each their own, I personally dont like the character :shrug: And her blatant disregard to Optimus' Stop you're outnumbered I dont think had anything to do with her past dealings. It was reckless. But like I said to each their own.... never was into the BW, so that was a mistake on my part.
She knew they needed that energon. She was willing to put herself at risk if it meant they'd get that energon in the end. She's strong willed and determined.

outerglow wrote:on the side note... just realized Ratchet hit on Arcee a little in that episode... call back to TFA perhaps ;) LOL j/k
:SICK: :SICK: :SICK: Err, no. That was just a joke.
Re: Transformers Prime Episode 22 Summary (1276827)
Posted by outerglow on August 15th, 2011 @ 3:55pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

:SICK: :SICK: :SICK: Err, no. That was just a joke.

Eh like i said to each their own, being a student of art I know that art is meant to be interpreted in different ways so I know there are folks out there who aren't going to see eye to eye with me on it :shrug:

and I meant for that to be a joke lol! The last thing this show has been doing is a shipping war (thank GOD!)

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Target Exclusive Runabout" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots QUICKSHADOW BOULDER SPARES" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 1986 G1 Decepticon Battlecharger Runabout Friction RIFLE Weapon EUC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY