Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail

Friday, November 30th, 2018 7:14AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Sightings
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 11,632

While it seems like we've known of these for a while, we've got a confirmed sighting of Studio Series Wave 4 Deluxes Dropkick and KSI Sentry hitting retailers! While it's possible some of you may have seen these on your travels, this means more stores are starting to get this wave in,so if you want Dropkick or KSI Sentry, now is the time to start checking stores!

The sighting was made by fellow Seibertron user, ScottyP, who also shared this photo with us.

The toys were found at Target in Holly Springs, NC. They were retailing for the usual price of $19.99.

Dropkick is a brand new mold and features the upcoming Transformers Bumblebee movie villain in his helicopter alt mode only. KSI Sentry is a redeco of wave 1 Stinger.

Are you wanting either of these figures? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Credit(s): ScottyP from Seibertron.com
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996181)
Posted by reluctantyouth on November 30th, 2018 @ 8:42am CST
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996184)
Posted by Randomhero on November 30th, 2018 @ 9:08am CST
Saw KSI and dropkick earlier this but decided to skip them. I’ll get them eventually but for now I’m just hunting for siege and with zero luck so far
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996188)
Posted by william-james88 on November 30th, 2018 @ 9:28am CST
reluctantyouth wrote:Nice to see these are hitting. My local brick and mortars are overstocked with old stuff. No room for Siege. Hasbro sucks...distribution sucks...it's an all out suck fest as usual. I did find Siege legions on an end cap, but they were put there out of necessity and bunched with other non Transformer garbage. I'm not interested in the legions this go round. I just want that Voyager prime.

why not just wait for toys to show up on amazon. With these studio series toys, for isntance, Amazon got them before brick and mortar. Retail is changing, so why not change with it?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996191)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 30th, 2018 @ 9:37am CST
Liking the new pics just released from some show (I don't know which it is). Megatron looks fun. His cloak looks a bit cheap but if it bothers me that much I'll just make my own. Just buy some material and cut it all up ragged. Jetpower Optimus looks good. Hell of a big gun. :O Jetfire has a fair amount of junk under his jet mode (including visible hair) but he looks fine and the robot mode looks great and of course the combining stuff is better this time too.

Also got my OS KO Grimlock coming in a couple weeks or so. Dunno where the heck I'll put it. My shelves ain't big enough.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996194)
Posted by Ironhidensh on November 30th, 2018 @ 9:43am CST
So much for scale accuracy attempts. :lol:

Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996195)
Posted by william-james88 on November 30th, 2018 @ 9:45am CST
There is an absolutely gorgeous display of Studio Series figures at Tokyo Comic-Con 2018 right now. They arranged the figures per film so there are six seperate displays (with some extras to fill out the TLK display). The main attraction here is the full reveal of leader Dark of the Moon Mgatron. This is the full finished figure, so this gives us a perfect idea of how he will look like when he comes out next year in the second quarter. He does still have those boxy lower legs, as expected, but he looks rather magnificent (aside from the tarp's fabric pattern), and Igor is there too. We also get a great look at Jetfire and his monstrously sized face. The images come from Twitter user @QVx9l3YcRlSEntk.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996196)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 30th, 2018 @ 9:45am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:So much for scale accuracy attempts. :lol:

Did you buy them at same time or do you just always carry Blackout about with you? And what should the scale be here? Should there be a bigger difference size-wise?
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996197)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 30th, 2018 @ 9:47am CST
william-james88 wrote:There is an absolutely gorgeous display of Studio Series figures at Tokyo Comic-Con 2018 right now.

Ah yeah there's all them lovely photos. I figured someone might have them. :) Definitely wanting revised Prime, DotM Megatron and new slender far more accurate Jetfire. :)
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996198)
Posted by Randomhero on November 30th, 2018 @ 9:54am CST

Oh my god how many times do I have to explain retails to people?! Stores order their own stuff! Wave one is directly forced into stores and after that the stores order future waves themselves. It’s not hasbro a fault if retailers are sitting on a ton of old stuff it’s the store itself. Hasbros drive like everyone else is to make money. It’s not their fault if your store is sitting on old waves because they don’t control that.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996199)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 30th, 2018 @ 9:56am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:So much for scale accuracy attempts. :lol:

Plus I figured that scale was only relevant to robot scale and not vehicle mode.

Those are fantastic displays and the costructicons are looking very fine.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996202)
Posted by ScottyP on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:00am CST
Randomhero wrote:

Yeah I go an extra five miles or so to the store I saw Dropkick/KSI Sentry at because they actually tend to move product, therefore they're more likely to have newer stuff. Thinking of other recent stuff, this same Target is one of only a few where I ever saw the last wave of RiD Crash Combiners.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996208)
Posted by reluctantyouth on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:09am CST
william-james88 wrote:

I agree with you and have done just that, but the hunt is part of the fun. Take the hunt away and collecting loses some magic.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996211)
Posted by carytheone on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:12am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:So much for scale accuracy attempts. :lol:
Ha "Whirl" ;) looks tiny there :lol:

New for 2019, napkin accessories ;)^
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996217)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:30am CST
reluctantyouth wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I won't speak for everyone else, but I ALSO like to support employment in my community. I get that the money doesn't stay here, but at least the people that live here will have jobs as long as people continue to support retail. Futile though it may be.

Anyways, those legs on Megatron really bum me out. The alt mode looks awesome, though.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996218)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:30am CST
carytheone wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:So much for scale accuracy attempts. :lol:
Ha "Whirl" ;) looks tiny there :lol:

Is that not roughly correct?
Blackout is a MH-53 Pave Low at 28 meters long and 7.6 meters high.
Dropkick is a Bell AH-1 SuperCobra at 17.7 meters long and 4.19 meters high.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996221)
Posted by Randomhero on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:37am CST
ScottyP wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

I live in Des Moines which has 7 targets and 7 or 8 Walmart’s(it’s part of my job to know these things nexuses I’m a vendor) and I know exactly which ones move faster and which ones don’t. Mileage will vary per store. There’s two by residence that get the new waves relatively quick so I’ve been scoping them out very few days and both were the ones I saw KSI and Dropkick.

For some people online retail might be the best but I personally enjoy going out and finding them. The reasons online retailers have and get stuff faster than some actual stores is because they’re run by nerds or they just know what sell. Transformers are a 4 foot block in a store that’s over 15-20,000 square feet. To them it’s one of over 5,000 products they carry
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996225)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:48am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Jetpower Optimus looks good. Hell of a big gun. :O

What big gun? Last photos I saw only showed him having a big axe and he was still lacking the big gun from the movie. Did I miss something?

Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:So much for scale accuracy attempts. :lol:

Well, the MH-53 is 88' and the SuperCobra is 53'.
Of course, that's still way too huge compared to a muscle car but the Bumblebee movie's director seems to be something of a Geewunner without regard for the movieverse's established size rules (it's even worse of a size cheat than Evasion-mode Optimus).
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996228)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 30th, 2018 @ 10:53am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Jetpower Optimus looks good. Hell of a big gun. :O

Top left you can see him holding a huge weapon of Jetfire parts with his right arm.

Also they have the first SS Prime on the right and you can see how much brighter the new one combined to Jetfire on the left is. Forearms on the new one are worrying me a bit. Hoping just mistransformed or something. They look fine in the promo pics.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996233)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 30th, 2018 @ 11:09am CST
Thanks. It's still no more accurate than the ROTF Leaders' combo, it seems to be a case of trading off some inaccuracies for others. And Jetfire still suffers a bit for it but it seems like possibly less. It is good to have confirmation that they included the BFG - that was rather conspicuous by its absence in earlier photos.

As for the forearms, that looks to be a case of the panels being reconfigured halfway to vehicle mode to aid in the combination.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Dropkick and KSI Sentry Found At Retail (1996239)
Posted by Agent 53 on November 30th, 2018 @ 11:17am CST
Randomhero wrote:

Yeah, also there are places where you can get the latest Seige and Studio Series figures, Hasbro Toy Shop, Amazon, Ebay, etc.
Also I work at a Toy Shop and it's not the individual stores that make the orders, we get boxes of stuff sent from the big warehouses, some boxes have collections of random toys for different parts of the shop, so if you're upset with the content of your shops, complain to the head office, don't take it out on us employees.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Nemesis Prime Spinister Thrilling 30 Complete Legends Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Beachcomber Collection 3 100% Complete Micro Changers Kre-O Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Divebomb Tech Specs 1986 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Beachcomber Tech Specs Mini 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Cutthroat Tech Specs 1987 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Dreadwind Tech Specs Powermasters 1988 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blot 100% Complete 1987 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers" on EBAY