Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears!

Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears!

Friday, June 18th, 2010 3:46pm CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 41,446

That's right. What would be a release date of June 22nd seems to be broken by Store Chain Sears. Numerous reports including that of Energon Pub Moderator Counterpunch and member Galvatron Supreme say that they've got their early copies at Sears! Why are you still reading this news post? Go now!

ImageImageImage

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Galvatron Supreme, Counterpunch, Vincent

This article was last modified on Friday, June 18th, 2010 3:47pm CDT

Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1087905)
Posted by soundwave#1!!!500% on June 18th, 2010 @ 4:19pm CDT
:CON: wow i did not see that one coming :BANG_HEAD: too bad :sad: i already preordered mine of amazon and well you get :evil: does any one know if u get it demolisher if u preorder w.f.c for the wii at amazon :CON:
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1087920)
Posted by Grahf on June 18th, 2010 @ 4:54pm CDT
While I'd love to get the game a few days early, I'm gonna use the extra few days to finish up all of the time trials in Tomb Raider Legend. I've been putting those off for some time now and they're the only thing keeping me from a perfec gamerscore on the account I'm playing it on.
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1087925)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 18th, 2010 @ 5:19pm CDT
Got mine! Face me and be broken!
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1087927)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 18th, 2010 @ 5:23pm CDT
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1087929)
Posted by Grahf on June 18th, 2010 @ 5:28pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:If you get it from Sears could you still get the code from Gamestop? Ifso thats what Im doing!

If you're good buddies with a Gamestop employee, sometimes they just pass out the codes regardless if you've preordered it or not. It doesn't work all of the time, but its worth a shot. It might all depend on if the codes are actually packed in with the game though.
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1087930)
Posted by Heavy B on June 18th, 2010 @ 5:39pm CDT
i was PISSED. the sears by my place didnt have it. not surprising though. there game section was a plastic case that had some misc games in it, but no WfC...

got Quake 1 for N64 though. so not all is lost :grin:
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1087932)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 18th, 2010 @ 5:44pm CDT
For me, this is too lucky. Why? Because my mom works at Sears, which means I get a discount on it if I ever get the XBox version of it! :lol: I could get the Wii variant, but I want to see if it's as good as the XBox, or if it's any good at all. Highly doubtful. Someone post a review of the Wii version for me! :BANG_HEAD: :HEADHURTS: :PRAY:
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1087936)
Posted by vaporretarder on June 18th, 2010 @ 5:57pm CDT
yea man, i work at Sears, and all i gotta say is "street dates" don't mean SH*T!!!! haha

those boxes come in from the UPS truck and hit the floor sometimes 2 weeks early if no one is paying attention!

...too bad i got ZERO money right now,...damn bills.
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1087948)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 18th, 2010 @ 6:48pm CDT
Grahf wrote:

I already pre ordered it though. But Im willing to sacrifice $5 to get the game early.
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1087955)
Posted by LiKwid on June 18th, 2010 @ 7:18pm CDT
None of the sears in my area even sell video games #-o LOL meh whats a couple opf extra days..Are the MP servers even up? I remember when Modern Warfare 2 got leaked a few weeks early the MP servers were not up until the game was released completely...
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1087963)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 18th, 2010 @ 7:45pm CDT
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1087981)
Posted by Darth Trader on June 18th, 2010 @ 8:39pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:I just went to Sears, but it was closed. Punk-ass Sears. :BANG_HEAD: Now I have to wait until omorrow just to check. And I bet $100000 they wont have it.

Think positively. My Sears had TONS and most people in the world aren't as excited as we are about the game so they probably won't be looking for it to be early.
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1087987)
Posted by ChrisRiss on June 18th, 2010 @ 8:56pm CDT
Grahf wrote:

If you look on the best buy page, it says in pack, also says code to "unlock" but not code to "download". I'm just saying.
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1087991)
Posted by Ronynus Prime on June 18th, 2010 @ 9:08pm CDT
Wow. Really? Sear? Interesting. I recieved my copy today from a local Korean-owned game shop in my neighborhood $60 flat, no tax. I am the envy of a few friends, but I'm mostly happy just to play the game with my anticipation sated. The game really is FUN!

:KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1088019)
Posted by CybertronHotShot on June 18th, 2010 @ 10:38pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Holy sh*t
Indeed :shock: Too bad Sears is no longer available in Brazil. :sad: :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM:
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1088053)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 19th, 2010 @ 12:44am CDT
Dont have a sears near me nor do i have the cash to even get it anytime soon. Unemployment really sucks.
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1088073)
Posted by Absolute Zero on June 19th, 2010 @ 4:59am CDT
If it's street dated, Sears will be facing some hefty fines (I had heard it was between 5k and 15k a copy sold). If not, damn you lucky bastards.
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1088102)
Posted by starscreamprime1010 on June 19th, 2010 @ 8:16am CDT
I'm not even getting the game for a while. I might buy it used sooner or later. I really just want the book because that same day I leave on a roadtrip for washington D.C.
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1088104)
Posted by Starscream103 on June 19th, 2010 @ 8:55am CDT
ARGH!!! And i thought it would be cool to get Shockwave -.- the first and the last time I preorder anything. Wanna play so bad :sad:
Re: Transformers: War For Cybertron Now Available at Sears! (1088139)
Posted by Grahf on June 19th, 2010 @ 12:39pm CDT
You may have to pay extra for them in the near future, but you just have to believe that all of these "exclusive" preorder characters will eventually be released as dlc. So some people get certain characters early, but money is money. I just can't see Activision passing up the chance to earn a few extra bucks.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Hasbro War for Cybertron Trilogy Earthrise Deluxe Class Cliffjumper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations WFC Cybertronian Optimus Prime Complete Hasbro 2010" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark of the Moon - Leader Class: Sentinel Prime Action..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Siege Soundwave Megatron Starscream Thrust" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Japanese Exclusive Ghost Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Optimus Prime RescueTrailer Kohls Box Damage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Trailcutter/Trailbreaker Loose, Complete!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Leader Class Figures Prime, Bumblebee, Roadbuster + for parts" on EBAY