Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed

Saturday, February 23rd, 2019 2:59PM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: RobRobRobRobRob   Views: 15,890

Good day, Seibertronians! Straight from the Twitter of IDW Creative Development/Senior Editor Tom Waltz, we have an official reveal for the covers for the Transformers X Ghostbusters comic miniseries, save one odd exception. Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 were provided by Waltz, all drawn by IDW Artist Dan Schoening, but issue 3 is oddly absent. Waltz lampshades this himself, claiming issue 3’s cover is “TOP SECRET”.

Regardless, astute viewers will recall we have actually already seen each of these covers, granted in a different form. The covers were priorly revealed as a mural at New York Toy Fair 2019 last weekend, including the missing third issue cover. As is the case here, the “SECRET” is also censored in the mural, but one can make assumptions regarding the expunged material.

All four covers are provided below. Transformers X Ghostbusters: Ghosts of Cybertron is slated to hit shelves this June, so be sure to stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more Transformers news and reviews.

Credit(s): Tom Waltz on Twitter

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012119)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 23rd, 2019 @ 3:40pm CST
Woah, woah, woah.

I can not be the only one who noticed that.

On the second picture, on the very far right, you can see what appears to be a silver and black Optimus Prime decked out with his energon axe. Is that the rumored Ghostbusters MP-10 repaint we had listings for?

That would be awesome! :DANCE:
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012125)
Posted by o.supreme on February 23rd, 2019 @ 4:41pm CST
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012127)
Posted by LordBludgeon on February 23rd, 2019 @ 5:04pm CST
o.supreme wrote:I know these are only covers, but Starscream being a ghost, obviously makes sense based on his past incarnations. However in another cover he appears to be alive and well, and Astrotrain is a ghost? He never died in any prominent fiction I recall...(??) Oh well, still looks fun.

Astrotain isn't a ghost. The blur effect is him transforming from train to robot between the two covers. :')
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012128)
Posted by Un_Chakal on February 23rd, 2019 @ 5:38pm CST
Yes the hidden figure is silver and black prime it seems
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012129)
Posted by S.o.L. on February 23rd, 2019 @ 5:47pm CST
Un_Chakal wrote:Yes the hidden figure is silver and black prime it seems

Stay Puft Marshmallow Truck?
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012136)
Posted by Big Grim on February 23rd, 2019 @ 7:57pm CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:A silver and black Optimus Prime decked out with his energon axe. Is that the rumored Ghostbusters MP-10 repaint we had listings for?

Makes me think it’s Prime in Megatron colours. Silver arm ant torso? Black legs and red accents?

I think it’s a mega Prime. :D
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012146)
Posted by Un_Chakal on February 23rd, 2019 @ 10:50pm CST
Big Grim wrote:

I think it’s a mega Prime. :D

So true! Maybe mirror universe prime?
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012147)
Posted by Flashwave on February 23rd, 2019 @ 11:11pm CST
I just have to give kudos to the art8st who decided Grimlock needed to be holind Thundercracker in his jaws like a fetched stick.
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012190)
Posted by S.o.L. on February 24th, 2019 @ 10:27am CST
The panorama view in one of these other posts that has Prime blacked out shows Blitzwing wielding Megatron, all 4 Ghostbusters are accounted for too, so I guess no Egon Prime. The little antenna showing under the T makes me think Prime just axed an insecticon.
blitzwing.jpg
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012276)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 24th, 2019 @ 8:29pm CST
Super glad to see Roche's full artwork, it looks so good!

Also really happy we are finally potentially going to see that Ghostbusters MP-10 crossover figure in the comic, that is rad! Hoping it really does turn out cool!
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012438)
Posted by o.supreme on February 26th, 2019 @ 9:25am CST
LordBludgeon wrote:

hmm...ok, it just seems confusing, him getting blasted with the proton pack, and having the same glowy effect as Slimer on the other cover.
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012656)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 27th, 2019 @ 7:21pm CST
In the exciting world of crossovers, we have a bunch of news to share with you today regarding the upcoming Transformers/Ghostbusters crossover event!

We'll start with the brand new cover revealed to day via Tom Walt's Twitter, which features the Ghost of Starscream! The Senior Editor and Manager notes that a Ghostbuster's crossover without Starscream's ghost would be a crime in and of itself! The cover itself is done by Priscilla Tramontano, a seasoned Transformers art veteran.

To go along with the cover, IDW's official site has uploaded a new interview with the creative team behind the crossover itself! The creative team consists of Writer Erik Burnham, Artist Dan Schoening, and Colorist Luis Antonio Delgado, and the team gets to talk about their histories with the different franchises, and also give us a bit of information on Ectotron. You can follow the above link to the full interview.

You can check out the cover and read some snippets of the interview below, and let us know what you think of this new and exciting crossover evens in the comments section down below!!

When you were initially approached by IDW Publishing to be part of the TRANSFORMERS/GHOSTBUSTERS crossover, what was your first reaction?

ERIK BURNHAM: Oh, there was a delayed double-take. The TRANSFORMERS property is something that a reliable section of fans has asked about us playing around with (with GHOSTBUSTERS or otherwise) ever since the first TMNT/GB crossover five years back. I wondered if the TRANSFORMERS universe would be as fun of a sandbox as GHOSTBUSTERS for us to play in – spoilers, it totally is.

LUIS ANTONIO DELGADO: Excitement! I’ve been working with IDW for 11 years and I’ve worked on pretty much all the properties I grew up with. The one I was still dreaming of being a part of was TRANSFORMERS, and to do it combined with my favorite team, the Ghostbusters, was everything I could’ve wanted. Besides, I already knew Erik was gonna come with a fantastic way to get both of them together (already did it once with TMNT), so I couldn’t wait to read the story.

DAN SCHOENING: Very surprised! I never thought I’d get the opportunity to draw the TRANSFORMERS bots in a comic, let alone a team up with the Ghostbusters.

.....

Luis, with so many different characters appearing on the cover art and within the story pages, how do you keep track of the proper colors to use for each, and did it require a lot of research on your part to get all the TRANSFORMERS details right?

LUIS: It is a huge challenge. When it comes to GB, I know the guys and their gear better than I could ever imagined I would, but the TRANSFORMERS bots are a different story—there are so many and they are so complex that it is a bit scary. Dan is the real genius behind all the art, not only the pencils, he did all the research so he could be true to the mythos and he was kind enough to share that research; so after a couple of misfires, I managed to get all the robots’ features right and now I have multiple files ready for when I have to work on them.

.....

Dan, who is your favorite Ghostbuster to draw? Favorite TRANSFORMERS bot? Are there any characters you dread having to illustrate?

DAN: My favorite Ghostbuster is Ray, and he’s also my favorite to draw. As for a TRANSFORMERS bot, my favorite is Mirage, with Perceptor in a close second. I can’t say I’m dreading drawing any, however, each one presents their own unique challenges. Finding where the joints move in particular, such as elbows and knees, is something I’m looking to improve upon as I move ahead.

.....

Erik, what can you tell us about Ectotron, the new Autobot being introduced in this crossover?

ERIK: Well… he is a bit of a nerd. He’s almost as far out there for the Autobots as the Ghostbusters were from other academics here on Earth. He’s kind of uptight, and he’s teased by the other Autobots. But he’ll loosen up by the end of the story.

.....

Erik, what can longtime fans of both franchises expect going into this crossover?

ERIK: Here’s the thing – I like a little comedy with the action, and I was wondering if Hasbro was going to ask for a very stoic interpretation of the TRANSFORMERS property, leaving the silliness to the Ghostbusters… but no. I get to have fun with the bots! Nothing wildly out of character, mind you, but Optimus Prime is gonna be as able to crack a joke as Venkman, if the situation arises. It’s gonna be about fun. Lots of fun. And I guarantee the series starts in a way no one will expect – it made me smile to write, and Dan & Luis knocked it out of the park on the page. It’s the kind of toybox mashup we did as kids! The TL;DR of it: a fun time with the boys in grey and the robots in disguise dealing with some ghostly common enemies!

Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012659)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on February 27th, 2019 @ 7:26pm CST
Gozer says Hi
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012664)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 27th, 2019 @ 8:06pm CST

I'd also like to find the new IDW covers in 4K too please
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012681)
Posted by Randomhero on February 27th, 2019 @ 9:46pm CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:Probably unrelated, but does anyone know if I can find these covers in 4K? I want to use a few as my phone's wallpaper but since my screen is 4K, it will look a little pixelated and unfocused. If anyone can help, that be great ;)

I'd also like to find the new IDW covers in 4K too please

#firstworldproblems
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012684)
Posted by S.o.L. on February 27th, 2019 @ 10:21pm CST
Ectotron should be very interesting.

Randomhero wrote:

I'd also like to find the new IDW covers in 4K too please

#firstworldproblems

Who you gonna call?
phone.jpg
screen.jpg
wallpaper.jpg
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012706)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 28th, 2019 @ 5:55am CST
S.o.L. wrote:Ectotron should be very interesting.

Randomhero wrote:

I'd also like to find the new IDW covers in 4K too please

#firstworldproblems

Who you gonna call?
phone.jpg
screen.jpg
wallpaper.jpg

:lol:

Thanks anyway though guys ;)
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012724)
Posted by S.o.L. on February 28th, 2019 @ 8:49am CST
sequal.png

:lol: :lol: :lol:
But why part 2 already?
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2012799)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 28th, 2019 @ 8:08pm CST
S.o.L. wrote:
sequal.png

:lol: :lol: :lol:
But why part 2 already?

Maybe issue 2?
Re: Transformers x Ghostbusters Issues 1, 2, 4 and 5 Covers Revealed (2013607)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 5th, 2019 @ 7:38pm CST
Tom Walts, Creative Development and Senior Editor for IDW Publishing, continues to be a boundless source of teases and new information for upcoming Transformers related stories, and today he brings to us an unlettered page from the upcoming Transformers x Ghostbusters crossover! In this one page preview, we get a glimpse of Gozer the Destructor arriving on Cybertron, and of course the very first person Gozer meets is Megatron!

Now if you have seen a Ghostbusters movie and a Transformers show in general, you have an idea how this might go. Is Megatron a God? Will Starscream make it out of this without becoming a ghost? Who will Gozer take the form of here? An Optimus Prime perhaps, Megatron's worst nightmare? Let us know what you think of the series and of the page below!

"Are you a... god?" It's #Megatron versus #Gozer in #Transformers/#Ghostbusters #GhostsOfCybertron #1 coming to comic-book stores everywhere in June! Brought to you from across the universe by @erikburnham @dannyschoening #LuisAntonioDelgado @IDWPublishing @Hasbro & #GhostCorps!

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Combiner Wars Groove AND Titans Return Cosmos (MOSC)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Decepticon BLACKJACK Combiner Wars Legends Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Swerve & Flanker Legends Class NEW SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "2010 TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon MUDFLAP Autobot with Blaster NIP Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "LOT of 3 Generations Transformers Asia GDO MISP! Hot Spot Megatron Powerdive" on EBAY
Buy "Angry Birds Transformers Telepods - Bumblebee Bird Blast Launcher Playset" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron 6 Inch Figure Deluxe Class - Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON MEGATRON" on EBAY