Alternators Starscream Custom: planning stage: PLEASE HELP!

Post all your customized Transformers here. Whether it's a small mod or a true kitbash, we'd love to see it!

Alternators Starscream Custom: planning stage: PLEASE HELP!

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:06 am

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
I want to make an Alternators Starscream custom using Alternators Battle Ravage. I'll need some pointers so I'm not goint to screw this up. Any hints would be appreciated.

-- Is the outer shell of the car easely removable? I'll have to paint the bodywork of the car a pure, uniform shiny pearl-white using the same technique they show on model cars.

-- Then, the windseild. What is the best way to tint that clear plastic so it become a very clean clear yellow? Would just clear yellow will do?

-- For the rest of the body, I planning to use water based Tamiya. No way I'll have another figure crumble in my hands.

-- I plan of using Armada Starscream'm head for it. I know some knife work have to be done. That Swerve head have the ball-joint part on the back of the head I hope? Is it in two parts, the ball joint part on the back?

-- Finally, I plan on buying a sheet of Reprolabels of G1 Starscream for the red stripes and detailings. Good idea, bad idea?

Thanks in advance!
Click HERE to see my latest creation:
SARI SUMDAC, FULLY EVOLVED!

Image
Click HERE to enter my lab and marvel at my INSANE CREATIONS!
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6827
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Alternators Starscream Custom: planning stage: PLEASE HELP!

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 am

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
All I could really say is, if your using Battle Ravage why not make Skywarp first?
Image

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6412
News Credits: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Alternators Starscream Custom: planning stage: PLEASE HELP!

Postby Burn » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:41 pm

Why did you start another thread for what is basically the same topic?

Would you like me to merge the two topics and put them in a particular forum?
Image
Cobotron wrote:I'm drunk as **** right now!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 44651
News Credits: 114
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Alternators Starscream Custom: planning stage: PLEASE HELP!

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Burn wrote:Why did you start another thread for what is basically the same topic?

Would you like me to merge the two topics and put them in a particular forum?


At this point, please go ahead.

@BeastProlw:
And no, I'm a Starscream fan. All of his repaints are impostors!
Click HERE to see my latest creation:
SARI SUMDAC, FULLY EVOLVED!

Image
Click HERE to enter my lab and marvel at my INSANE CREATIONS!
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6827
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Alternators Starscream Custom: planning stage: PLEASE HELP!

Postby BeastProwl » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Motto: "Gravity Hurts"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
-Kanrabat- wrote:@BeastProwl:
And no, I'm a Starscream fan. All of his repaints are impostors!

Even though they were present even in G1.

All three seekers are a core team, they could even be their own faction if they wanted too.

There shouldnt be JUST Starscream, even though hasbro seems more than happy with just him, and only him...
Image

Check out my Art Thread! It actually gets updated from time to time!
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/beastprowl-s-art-thread-t102641s50.php

Also taking commissions! Inquire via PM if interested :D
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6412
News Credits: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Alternators Starscream Custom: planning stage: PLEASE HELP!

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:08 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
BeastProwl wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:@BeastProwl:
And no, I'm a Starscream fan. All of his repaints are impostors!

Even though they were present even in G1.

All three seekers are a core team, they could even be their own faction if they wanted too.

There shouldnt be JUST Starscream, even though hasbro seems more than happy with just him, and only him...


I know about that. It's just that I dont really care about the other two and it's a knind of restriction I impose myself to prevent me from buying what is basically the same figure 3 times. Even more so if I was a seeker completist.

Still, I do have a Generations Thundercracker and a DotM one, still sealed on my wall. I love to have an example of many kind of cards and a Screamer's clone is a good way to have them while still enjoying the molds with the Starscreams.

Sure, Changing Battle Ravage into Skywarp would be shamefully easy. Still, I want Alternators STARSCREAM. So, some serious repainting will be needed.
I just hope that a G1 Starscream Reprolabels will be good for it because they cost 10$.

This one will be a pricey custom to do. 15-20$ +s hip for a Ravage (with the wrong head but who care) plus 20$ shipped for a junked Armada Starscream, plus Reprolabels at 10$, plus at least 20$ in paint and supplies.

I will take my time for this one.
Click HERE to see my latest creation:
SARI SUMDAC, FULLY EVOLVED!

Image
Click HERE to enter my lab and marvel at my INSANE CREATIONS!
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6827
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Alternators Starscream Custom: planning stage: PLEASE HELP!

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Dear zodconvoy.

I got the Alternators Tracks and Battle Ravage (with skinned head... ew...) today. Thanks a lot!

You werent kidding that this mold will be perfect to make a seeker. The "null rays" are there, and even the goddamn "cockpit" chest!

However, the Tracks mold is not the best. It's pretty bad actually. SO MUCH KIBBLE. So much that it make for very limitted posability and transforming is kinda a pain.

Still, Starscream will look great as an Alternator using this mold. I bought and received a junker Armada Screamers to use the head... But I changed my mind. Guess what I did found? a junker Masterpeice Starscream for only 20$! I snatched that bastard up as fast as I could! Obviously, the ball joints for the heads are not the same but that will not stop me.

Now, the big headache will be to figure out how to paint him using a paintbrush so that the paint strokes are invisible? There's way too much small stuff to just start spraying.

Anyway, wish me luck and leave me a link to your feedback thread so I can send the thank you at the right place.

Thanks again!
Click HERE to see my latest creation:
SARI SUMDAC, FULLY EVOLVED!

Image
Click HERE to enter my lab and marvel at my INSANE CREATIONS!
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6827
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Alternators Starscream Custom: planning stage: PLEASE HELP!

Postby zodconvoy » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
-Kanrabat- wrote:Dear zodconvoy.

I got the Alternators Tracks and Battle Ravage (with skinned head... ew...) today. Thanks a lot!

You werent kidding that this mold will be perfect to make a seeker. The "null rays" are there, and even the goddamn "cockpit" chest!

However, the Tracks mold is not the best. It's pretty bad actually. SO MUCH KIBBLE. So much that it make for very limitted posability and transforming is kinda a pain.

Still, Starscream will look great as an Alternator using this mold. I bought and received a junker Armada Screamers to use the head... But I changed my mind. Guess what I did found? a junker Masterpeice Starscream for only 20$! I snatched that bastard up as fast as I could! Obviously, the ball joints for the heads are not the same but that will not stop me.

Now, the big headache will be to figure out how to paint him using a paintbrush so that the paint strokes are invisible? There's way too much small stuff to just start spraying.

Anyway, wish me luck and leave me a link to your feedback thread so I can send the thank you at the right place.

Thanks again!


I know the mold's not perfect but it is definitely the best choice for the Seekers. And you lucked out on that MP Starscream. $20 is an amazing price! I'm not sure but I might have PMed you the feedback thread before.

I can't wait to see what you do!
IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN SELLING A BOTCON HOT ROD PIN PLEASE PM ME


Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:


Visit My Store!
Image
User avatar
zodconvoy
City Commander
Posts: 3272
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am
Location: the Nemesis, PA
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Re: Alternators Starscream Custom: planning stage: PLEASE HELP!

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
zodconvoy wrote:
I know the mold's not perfect but it is definitely the best choice for the Seekers. And you lucked out on that MP Starscream. $20 is an amazing price! I'm not sure but I might have PMed you the feedback thread before.

I can't wait to see what you do!


Thanks!

The real challengte will be to not screw up the paint.
Click HERE to see my latest creation:
SARI SUMDAC, FULLY EVOLVED!

Image
Click HERE to enter my lab and marvel at my INSANE CREATIONS!
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6827
News Credits: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A


Return to Customizations

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Combiner Wars ULTRA MAGNUS Complete Lot Hot Rod & Blurr - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 41 minutes 54 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN CHROMEDOME 6 INCH ACTION FIGURE,CONVERTS NEW/SEALED - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 42 minutes 23 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN HIGHBROW 6 INCH ACTION FIGURE,CONVERTS NEW/SEALED - Time Remaining: 4 days 42 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Brainstorm & Generations Springer - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 46 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Beast Hunters Predacons Rising SHOCKWAVE commander class - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 51 minutes 18 seconds
3 Transformers Dark of the Moon Robo Fighters Optimus Prime Megatron Starscream - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 57 minutes 7 seconds
(P) TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS LG-43 LG43 DYNASAURA TRYPTICON FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 7 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers Generations Asia Exclusive 2012 Voyager Class Powerdive - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 7 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017
Twincast / Podcast #186:
"NYCC 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, October 16th, 2017
Website Security Test