Beast Wars Characters Analogues

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Beast Wars Characters Analogues

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
When you first watched Beast Wars, what G1 character did you think they were analogous to? Here is my list:

Optimus Primal to Optimus Prime
Rhinox to Ironhide
Rattrap to Wheeljack
Cheetor to Sunstreaker
Dinobot to Grimlock
Tigatron to Springer
Airrazor to Arcee
Silverbolt to Silverbolt

Megatron to Megatron
Tarantulas to Shockwave
Terrorsaur to Starscream
Waspinator to Scourge
Scorponok to Scorponok
Black Arachnia to Chromia
Inferno to Sunstorm
Ravage to Ravage
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
User avatar
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
Posts: 473
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:54 am
Location: Earth
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Beast Wars Characters Analogues

Postby ScottyP » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:34 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Cheetor was more Hot Rod to me, with maybe a little bit of Bumblebee (but not a lot)

Dinobot -> Grimlock works in a Marvel G1 sense, not so much Sunbow though.
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4524
News Credits: 334
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Beast Wars Characters Analogues

Postby Windsweeper » Mon May 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Cheetor to Bluestreak

Tarantulus to Bombshell

Dinobot to Marvel Carnivac

Tigatron to Beachcomber
Windsweeper
Gestalt
Posts: 2281
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:04 pm

Re: Beast Wars Characters Analogues

Postby Insurgent » Sun May 07, 2017 5:12 am

Non. I thought they were all their own unique characters and they stand by themselves. Not everything is g1 or has to be like g1.


Although i admit, terrorsaur was a total starscream. But that's it!
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Image
User avatar
Insurgent
City Commander
Posts: 3438
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: Beast Wars Characters Analogues

Postby shajaki » Sun May 07, 2017 9:25 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Insurgent wrote:Non. I thought they were all their own unique characters and they stand by themselves. Not everything is g1 or has to be like g1.
I don't think that's the spirit behind this thread. Just that what did these characters make you think of compared to G1? I know I sure had those thoughts.

Nik Hero wrote:Optimus Primal to Optimus Prime
Airrazor to Arcee
Silverbolt to Silverbolt
Megatron to Megatron
Terrorsaur to Starscream
ScottyP wrote:Cheetor was more Hot Rod to me, with maybe a little bit of Bumblebee (but not a lot)
Windsweeper wrote:Tarantulus to Bombshell
Tigatron to Beachcomber
These are all brilliant. :APPLAUSE:

Here's some of my thoughts:
Rhinox to Wheeljack, maybe Omega Supreme?
Rattrap to Cliffjumper
Dinobot to Cyclonus

Waspinator to Rumble
Scorponok to Soundwave
Black Arachnia to.... Starscream? Think about it ;)
Inferno to Galvatron
User avatar
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9271
News Credits: 226
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: Beast Wars Characters Analogues

Postby Insurgent » Sun May 07, 2017 9:49 am

shajaki wrote:
Insurgent wrote:Non. I thought they were all their own unique characters and they stand by themselves. Not everything is g1 or has to be like g1.
I don't think that's the spirit behind this thread. Just that what did these characters make you think of compared to G1? I know I sure had those thoughts.



But other than terrorsaur being a starscream, non of them made me think what g1 characters were they like. I thought they were their own unique characters with no g1 counterpart.


I think I'm just tired of the constant g1 stroking in this fandom that's built up over the last few years and it's starting to seep out. Nothing against this thread. I'll step out for a while now.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Image
User avatar
Insurgent
City Commander
Posts: 3438
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: Beast Wars Characters Analogues

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 08, 2017 9:57 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
What about those of us who started on Beast Wars first and were incapable of seeing such analogues at the time, having never seen G1 back then?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29894
News Credits: 257
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beast Wars Characters Analogues

Postby Targetmaster Kup » Tue May 09, 2017 9:42 am

Motto: ""Whatever it takes, as long as it is moral, legal, and just.""
Weapon: Grenade Launcher
Insurgent wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Insurgent wrote:Non. I thought they were all their own unique characters and they stand by themselves. Not everything is g1 or has to be like g1.
I don't think that's the spirit behind this thread. Just that what did these characters make you think of compared to G1? I know I sure had those thoughts.



But other than terrorsaur being a starscream, non of them made me think what g1 characters were they like. I thought they were their own unique characters with no g1 counterpart.


I think I'm just tired of the constant g1 stroking in this fandom that's built up over the last few years and it's starting to seep out. Nothing against this thread. I'll step out for a while now.


Not that at all. It was just those of us who started with G1 as kids may have seen analogues.
Find what Transformers; Titans Return, Legends, Combiner Wars, Unite Warriors, Generations, Masterpiece, Universe, Adventure, & RiD 2015 toy action figures are on sale at https://goo.gl/3UaMAu
User avatar
Targetmaster Kup
Combiner
Posts: 473
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:54 am
Location: Earth
Buy from Targetmaster Kup on eBay
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10


Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #201 - Sweet Boy
Twincast / Podcast #201:
"Sweet Boy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 10th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon