Figures missing paint apps?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Figures missing paint apps?

Postby gbm » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Is it common to have a figure missing an entire section painted?

I noticed in videos that the DOTM Voyager Shockwave has the entire front wheel section all nice and "chrome-like" painted. However my figure is a flat purple, almost, NOT painted at all color. The treads are the correct color, so it's not like it missed all painting....anyone else have this figure, with the same prob?
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Figures missing paint apps?

Postby Va'al » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Is it a US, European or Asian release?

It's happened before (with HA Basics) that European versions have less paint applications than the same figure in other distributions.

I can't remember exactly how it is with my Voyager Shockwave, as I haven't seen the Italian figures since September. But I can check next month and come back!
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
There's always time for.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 15237
News Credits: 176
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Figures missing paint apps?

Postby gbm » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:00 pm

Va'al wrote:Is it a US, European or Asian release?

It's happened before (with HA Basics) that European versions have less paint applications than the same figure in other distributions.

I can't remember exactly how it is with my Voyager Shockwave, as I haven't seen the Italian figures since September. But I can check next month and come back!



This one:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... 2380/1/18/

and it's the front end, where the two front wheels connect. Mine is a flat, drab purple color.
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Figures missing paint apps?

Postby Va'al » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:32 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear enough!

I was asking whether your figure is a US, Asia or Europe release.
What /How many languages did the box have?
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
There's always time for.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 15237
News Credits: 176
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Figures missing paint apps?

Postby gbm » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:17 am

Va'al wrote:Sorry, I didn't make myself clear enough!

I was asking whether your figure is a US, Asia or Europe release.
What /How many languages did the box have?


Ah, ok. The box was entirely in English, therefore I'd assume it's the US release.
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Figures missing paint apps?

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:26 am

gbm wrote:Is it common to have a figure missing an entire section painted?


It's not common, but it happens.

gbm wrote:I noticed in videos that the DOTM Voyager Shockwave has the entire front wheel section all nice and "chrome-like" painted. However my figure is a flat purple, almost, NOT painted at all color. The treads are the correct color, so it's not like it missed all painting....anyone else have this figure, with the same prob?


What you're describing may not be a case of missing paint apps, but rather something else. Maybe you're looking at different versions (Hasbro vs Takara), or something like that. It would help if you could refer us to the videos you're talking about, and maybe post a pic of your figure for comparison.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4938
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Figures missing paint apps?

Postby gavinfuzzy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:47 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
GuyIncognito wrote:
gbm wrote:Is it common to have a figure missing an entire section painted?


It's not common, but it happens.

gbm wrote:I noticed in videos that the DOTM Voyager Shockwave has the entire front wheel section all nice and "chrome-like" painted. However my figure is a flat purple, almost, NOT painted at all color. The treads are the correct color, so it's not like it missed all painting....anyone else have this figure, with the same prob?


What you're describing may not be a case of missing paint apps, but rather something else. Maybe you're looking at different versions (Hasbro vs Takara), or something like that. It would help if you could refer us to the videos you're talking about, and maybe post a pic of your figure for comparison.


Actually, I think he means the one in Seibertron's gallery is the "correct" one.

But the one he owns is missing the silver on the front claws.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... 2380/1/18/
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1867
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock Wave 4 - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 32 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers 2003 Action Figure Armada Skywarp+ mini-con and Comic Book MISB new - Time Remaining: 13 days 10 hours 41 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Generations Autobot PROWL Exclusive Hasbro HTF - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 42 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers 4 Takara Tomy Age Of Extinction 1st Premiere Edition Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 47 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager OCTANE G1 WAVE 5 NEW IN STOCK USA - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 51 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Special Edition Valvotron figure and decals used good 2017 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 2 days 52 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager BLITZWING G1 WAVE 5 IN STOCK USA - Time Remaining: 12 days 9 hours 57 minutes 42 seconds
Mr. Potato Head TRANSFORMERS Mashable Heroes Optimus Prime & Grimlock Rescue Bot - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 5 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
Twincast / Podcast #184:
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Website Security Test