I need help remembering a game

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

I need help remembering a game

Postby Shadowman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:11 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
All right, this is a tricky one, what with faded memory and all but I'll give you what I have.

It was a bit like Star Fox, especially in terms of graphics, though I don't recall ever flying into space. It also wasn't, near as I can remember, linear, and you had the ability to fly where you wanted. There was one part, a boss fight, I think, that took place in a large, circular room, with the boss in the center. (A lot like the final boss in Star Fox Assault, thought certainly not that game) I also remember flying over a lot of grasslands, maybe with some hills or small mountains. I also recall a part where you have to (Like Star Fox 64, but, again, not that game) nose-dive into a silo-like hole in the ground.

Also, I'm 99% sure it's not Descent.

I know, it's really vague, and not a whole lot to go on. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if not, well, that's fine too.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30140
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: I need help remembering a game

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:09 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Mentioning the system you played it on would help narrow it down. Sounds like it was for the PC or a Nintendo console.

Are you sure it wasn't the canceled Star Fox 2? The game was largely finished and the ROM is floating around, all patched up by fans and fully playable.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18743
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: I need help remembering a game

Postby Shadowman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:58 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Mentioning the system you played it on would help narrow it down. Sounds like it was for the PC or a Nintendo console.

Are you sure it wasn't the canceled Star Fox 2? The game was largely finished and the ROM is floating around, all patched up by fans and fully playable.


Oh, right, seems like an important detail. It was on PC.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30140
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: I need help remembering a game

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Shadowman wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Mentioning the system you played it on would help narrow it down. Sounds like it was for the PC or a Nintendo console.

Are you sure it wasn't the canceled Star Fox 2? The game was largely finished and the ROM is floating around, all patched up by fans and fully playable.


Oh, right, seems like an important detail. It was on PC.


Right, digging right now. And I may have the game you're looking for: Terminal Velocity from 1995, not too far from the original Star Fox. Here's a link:

Terminal Velocity on Moby Games

A game using the same engine is Fury³:

Fury³ on Moby Games
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18743
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: I need help remembering a game

Postby Shadowman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:36 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Right, digging right now. And I may have the game you're looking for: Terminal Velocity from 1995, not too far from the original Star Fox. Here's a link:

Terminal Velocity on Moby Games


Aha! I think that's it! Thanks very much!
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30140
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: I need help remembering a game

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Shadowman wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Right, digging right now. And I may have the game you're looking for: Terminal Velocity from 1995, not too far from the original Star Fox. Here's a link:

Terminal Velocity on Moby Games


Aha! I think that's it! Thanks very much!


Any time :PEACE: 3D Realms still sells the game by download, alternatively you can try and find the shareware episode.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18743
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5


Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

MMC Transformers Mastermind Sixshot Masterpiece Terminus Hexatron Reformatted - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 34 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Dinobot 10th Anniversary Figure, Hasbro 2005 - Time Remaining: 28 days 23 hours 38 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Takara Micron Legends Armada Thundercracker MD-09 Complete - Time Remaining: 9 days 21 hours 39 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Hero Mashers Autobot Drift & Autobot Springer Figure Lot - Time Remaining: 18 days 14 hours 41 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers ROTF Cannon Bumblebee  Deluxe Class  NEW FREE SHIP US - Time Remaining: 6 days 19 hours 43 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Bot Shot Series 1  Autobot Jazz & Autobot Topspin Lot of 2 New - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 45 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Hasbro Generations Springer - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 49 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers DOTM Human Alliance Leadfoot Target Exclusive New MISB - Time Remaining: 22 days 23 hours 53 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #174 - Autobot Jedi Newtypes
Twincast / Podcast #174:
"Autobot Jedi Newtypes"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, May 8th, 2017
Website Security Test