ioffer.com

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

ioffer.com

Postby gbm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:04 pm

Anyone use IOFFER.com?

I am new to the site, and I can't help but be very impressed with the number of TF's (of all lines) they have; and at the prices they have them for.

What's the catch?
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: ioffer.com

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Used them once or twice without any problems but be aware that a lot of what they sell are KO's.
Image
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 4166
News Credits: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: ioffer.com

Postby gbm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:15 pm

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Used them once or twice without any problems but be aware that a lot of what they sell are KO's.



Are KOs the same as Reissues?

for example:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-g1 ... -382901474

and:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-g1 ... w-77557571

????
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: ioffer.com

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
gbm wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Used them once or twice without any problems but be aware that a lot of what they sell are KO's.



Are KOs the same as Reissues?

for example:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-g1 ... -382901474

and:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-g1 ... w-77557571

????


They often use the word reissue instead of Knock Off. It sounds better but that is a knock off.

In the case of Mirage, it has never officially been reissued as the mold is reportedly broke or lost.
Image
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 4166
News Credits: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: ioffer.com

Postby gbm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:24 pm

LOST Cybertronian wrote:
gbm wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Used them once or twice without any problems but be aware that a lot of what they sell are KO's.



Are KOs the same as Reissues?

for example:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-g1 ... -382901474

and:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/transformers-g1 ... w-77557571

????


They often use the word reissue instead of Knock Off. It sounds better but that is a knock off.

In the case of Mirage, it has never officially been reissued as the mold is reportedly broke or lost.


ok, so wait a sec....these are totally different from the "Commemorative" ones then?

What can I expect with KO/Reissues?
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: ioffer.com

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
gbm wrote:ok, so wait a sec....these are totally different then "Commemorative" ones?

What can I expect with KO/Reissues?


They are different as they are not made by Hasbro or Takara but a chinese KO company reverse engineering the molds. Can't comment on what to expect.

Commemorative/encore are made by Hasbro or Takara using the original toy molds.
Image
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
User avatar
LOST Cybertronian
News Staff
Posts: 4166
News Credits: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Re: ioffer.com

Postby gbm » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:39 pm

LOST Cybertronian wrote:
gbm wrote:ok, so wait a sec....these are totally different then "Commemorative" ones?

What can I expect with KO/Reissues?


They are different as they are not made by Hasbro or Takara but a chinese KO company reverse engineering the molds. Can't comment on what to expect.

Commemorative/encore are made by Hasbro or Takara using the original toy molds.



oh man, glad I asked.
gbm
Fuzor
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: ioffer.com

Postby FortMacs » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:17 am

Weapon: Gatling Cannon
My personal opinion is to avoid ioffer. had nothing but trouble from them. Wife lost 1,000 when trying to buy from that site. they shipped her an empty box.
Image
User avatar
FortMacs
City Commander
Posts: 3242
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 1:17 am
Location: charlotte, nc
Buy from FortMacs on eBay


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

threeA Transformers Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime Painted Action Figure New - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 51 minutes 14 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 5 THE LAST KNIGHT AUTOBOT HOUND ACTION FIGURES PREMIER EDITION TOY - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 1 minute 27 seconds
Transformers Cybertron BLURR New RARE w DVD Planet Key - Time Remaining: 6 days 13 hours 10 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Prime Titan 6" Figure - Megatron - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 17 minutes 55 seconds
TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION VOYAGER SCORN - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 23 minutes 59 seconds
2004 Transformers Alternators Hound Jeep Wrangler 1:24 COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 46 minutes 20 seconds
VINTAGE TRANSFORMERS G1 THUNDER CLASH TURBOMASTER EUROPEAN FIGURE - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 56 minutes 42 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Cybertron Con 2013 Exclusive Henkei Jetfire Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 4 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017
Twincast / Podcast #186:
"NYCC 2017"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, October 16th, 2017
Website Security Test