Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby GetRightRobot » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:06 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
An interesting new pre-order has appeared on a Japanese website for Kabaya Transformers Headmaster; Fortress Maximus. According to the images on the sides of the mock up packaging, he will be split into three sets, each coming with an additional micromaster type figure, in this case Windcharger. The pre-order indicates a release date of July.

Check out the pics below or click here to view them at Rakuten.co.jp

Image
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus?

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:18 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
The mockup indicates there will be 3 sets, and all 3 must be collected for Fortress Maximus and it will transform according to the top of packaging. The 1st part will have the Command Base and Windcharger.

It's a pre-order btw, with a release date of July 2012.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos and Crashbash (just heads)
- TR Ravage and Rumble (the red one)
- PotP Punch head
- CW Dead End, Brawl, Swindle, Vortex, among others
- Spare PotP Volcanicus hands
User avatar
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17839
News Credits: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus?

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:30 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Oh this is pretty cool, I might have to get these kits after all.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13840
News Credits: 767
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus?

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:47 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
This actually sounds pretty cool, probably a better alternative than that "WST" knock off. :D
Not looking forward to Windcharger being mostly stickers though... :oops:
User avatar
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 931
News Credits: 17
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:30 am
Location: Qatar
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby zodconvoy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:06 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
I love it! Finally, a BAF that's the sole point of a line! I knew it would happen eventually. :lol:
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:


Visit My Store!
Image
User avatar
zodconvoy
City Commander
Posts: 3255
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am
Location: the Nemesis, PA
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:50 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Epic!
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6680
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I really hope they take a page out of Bandai's book and give him some better joints. On the box he's shown with his sword so do you think that'll be his weapon?
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6063
News Credits: 233
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby triKlops » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Motto: "New England TransFormers Collectors Group member"
since i will never be able to afford the regular version, this looks like a great alternative
these last 4 or 5 waves of Kabaya have been exceedingly interesting, concept wise
Image

Looking for:
- Fans Toys Scoria FT-04X silver upgrade feet for
MP-08X Grimlock
-TFCon 2011 Headrobots Toxin

Please DM if willing to sell for reasonable price.
User avatar
triKlops
Godmaster
Posts: 1748
News Credits: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:35 am
Location: Rhode Island X 401

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby El Duque » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:27 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
A second Rakuten listing has revealed a little additional information on the recently reported Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus. This listing includes a computer render revealing all three component parts and fully assembled robot mode. Powerglide will be joining Windcharger as one of the included mini figures. The third mini figure is also pictured in robot mode, and appears to be Cerebros. Image mirrored below.

This assortment is scheduled to arrive in July.

Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9759
News Credits: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:29 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Looking at dat ass on the 3rd minibot and its colour, it looks like Cerebros.

Pretty cool.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13840
News Credits: 767
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby waaaaghlord » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Given that he's shown in grey while the other 2 are pictured as red and the stuff that looks to be hanging off his back I think the 3rd mini fig is Cerebros.

edit- I replied straight from the front page and hadn't seen your post DM. Great minds and all that...
Last edited by waaaaghlord on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
waaaaghlord
Gestalt
Posts: 2797
News Credits: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:20 pm

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby zodconvoy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:42 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
The third bot pictured is Cerebros.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:


Visit My Store!
Image
User avatar
zodconvoy
City Commander
Posts: 3255
News Credits: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am
Location: the Nemesis, PA
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby C - 310 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:44 pm

Does this mean TakaraTomy is not reissuing the G1 Fort Max?
C - 310
Mini-Con
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:16 am

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby AdamPrime » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:57 am

Here's an idea:

Fort Max is too large to release at retail these days. Both in terms of size and price. (The designers were doubtful he would get a Japanese release, even back in 87!)

So why not do a "build a figure" type thing? A small amount of retooling will allow the arms/legs/torso/weapons to be attached by average joe. They could, say, include a limb with each appropriately-sized Classics/Movie/Prime toy.

In the same way that Kabaya and the figurine collections have done build-a-figs, it could work on a larger scale, right?
AdamPrime
Minibot
Posts: 154
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:57 am

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby Michel_Beckers » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:38 am

Weapon: Sniper Rifle
its looks good, but im hoping on a reissue for the G1 version.

if this does not come, maybe ill get this on, but ill have to
see better pictures first
Michel_Beckers
Mini-Con
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:54 am
Location: Netherlands, Europe
Watch Michel_Beckers on YouTube
Buy from Michel_Beckers on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby ausbot » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:21 am

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
If its bigger than the Fort Max jr I'll get it.
User avatar
ausbot
Pretender
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:34 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:45 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
AdamPrime wrote:Here's an idea:

Fort Max is too large to release at retail these days. Both in terms of size and price. (The designers were doubtful he would get a Japanese release, even back in 87!)

So why not do a "build a figure" type thing? A small amount of retooling will allow the arms/legs/torso/weapons to be attached by average joe. They could, say, include a limb with each appropriately-sized Classics/Movie/Prime toy.

In the same way that Kabaya and the figurine collections have done build-a-figs, it could work on a larger scale, right?


Not with a figure the size of Fortress Maximus. The only thing you'd eliminate are the assembly costs, not the hazard the toys become. Plus, not everyone is knowledgeable on assembling stuff. Take a look at the playsets that need assembling or the IKEA furniture to see what I mean.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos and Crashbash (just heads)
- TR Ravage and Rumble (the red one)
- PotP Punch head
- CW Dead End, Brawl, Swindle, Vortex, among others
- Spare PotP Volcanicus hands
User avatar
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17839
News Credits: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby joevill » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:45 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
Awesome! I want it!
User avatar
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 817
News Credits: 11
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:09 am
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby gothsaurus » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:47 am

I actually think this is a good sign... I'm betting Takara is building up excitement and interest in a FULL SIZE Max by putting this lil guy out.

Stoked. Can't have enough city-formers.
User avatar
gothsaurus
Gestalt
Posts: 2479
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby Rated X » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:02 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
How about a full sized classics Fort Max instead of all these minis ???
Rated X
Banned
Posts: 8420
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby orangeitis » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:05 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
AdamPrime wrote:Here's an idea:

Fort Max is too large to release at retail these days. Both in terms of size and price. (The designers were doubtful he would get a Japanese release, even back in 87!)

So why not do a "build a figure" type thing? A small amount of retooling will allow the arms/legs/torso/weapons to be attached by average joe. They could, say, include a limb with each appropriately-sized Classics/Movie/Prime toy.

In the same way that Kabaya and the figurine collections have done build-a-figs, it could work on a larger scale, right?


Not with a figure the size of Fortress Maximus. The only thing you'd eliminate are the assembly costs, not the hazard the toys become. Plus, not everyone is knowledgeable on assembling stuff. Take a look at the playsets that need assembling or the IKEA furniture to see what I mean.
...what hazard?

I was under the impression that large toys like that aren't made any more because parents either couldn't afford them or just wouldn't buy something that expensive for their kids.
orangeitis

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:12 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
orangeitis wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
AdamPrime wrote:Here's an idea:

Fort Max is too large to release at retail these days. Both in terms of size and price. (The designers were doubtful he would get a Japanese release, even back in 87!)

So why not do a "build a figure" type thing? A small amount of retooling will allow the arms/legs/torso/weapons to be attached by average joe. They could, say, include a limb with each appropriately-sized Classics/Movie/Prime toy.

In the same way that Kabaya and the figurine collections have done build-a-figs, it could work on a larger scale, right?


Not with a figure the size of Fortress Maximus. The only thing you'd eliminate are the assembly costs, not the hazard the toys become. Plus, not everyone is knowledgeable on assembling stuff. Take a look at the playsets that need assembling or the IKEA furniture to see what I mean.
...what hazard?

I was under the impression that large toys like that aren't made any more because parents either couldn't afford them or just wouldn't buy something that expensive for their kids.


Drop Test. That's the test that Fortress Maximus failed in the US back in 2001 for it's intended RiD release (FAO Schwartz exclusive if you must know). Simply put, the toy is dropped from a certain height and the testers see if and especially how it breaks (or shatters). Plus, I can imagine you don't want a (insert net weight of FM here) pound toy landing on your head.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos and Crashbash (just heads)
- TR Ravage and Rumble (the red one)
- PotP Punch head
- CW Dead End, Brawl, Swindle, Vortex, among others
- Spare PotP Volcanicus hands
User avatar
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17839
News Credits: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby gothsaurus » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:23 am

Yeah, I'd be in for both a Fort Max AND a Grand Max ehobby version. Maybe with all the stickers as Tampos??? Can I hear an Amen???
User avatar
gothsaurus
Gestalt
Posts: 2479
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby orangeitis » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:27 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
orangeitis wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
AdamPrime wrote:Here's an idea:

Fort Max is too large to release at retail these days. Both in terms of size and price. (The designers were doubtful he would get a Japanese release, even back in 87!)

So why not do a "build a figure" type thing? A small amount of retooling will allow the arms/legs/torso/weapons to be attached by average joe. They could, say, include a limb with each appropriately-sized Classics/Movie/Prime toy.

In the same way that Kabaya and the figurine collections have done build-a-figs, it could work on a larger scale, right?


Not with a figure the size of Fortress Maximus. The only thing you'd eliminate are the assembly costs, not the hazard the toys become. Plus, not everyone is knowledgeable on assembling stuff. Take a look at the playsets that need assembling or the IKEA furniture to see what I mean.
...what hazard?

I was under the impression that large toys like that aren't made any more because parents either couldn't afford them or just wouldn't buy something that expensive for their kids.


Drop Test. That's the test that Fortress Maximus failed in the US back in 2001 for it's intended RiD release (FAO Schwartz exclusive if you must know). Simply put, the toy is dropped from a certain height and the testers see if and especially how it breaks (or shatters). Plus, I can imagine you don't want a (insert net weight of FM here) pound toy landing on your head.
Oh yeah. I forgot about that. :BANG_HEAD:

Though if I may comment, the fact that kids today NEED safety tests done like that to their potential playthings before they're released is revolting. I wish parental quality was higher, and not just because I want a hueg 50lb toy. :HEADHURTS:
orangeitis

Re: Kabaya Fortress Maximus

Postby Marcdachamp » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:02 am

So, how big would this figure be? And what would it cost to import? If he's a decent size, I might be tempted to snag that.
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 818
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
Twincast / Podcast #254:
"Redlining Sixth"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers POTP Power Of The Primes PP-43 Throne Optimal Optimus Primal MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Camshaft, Bombshell, Ripper Snapper, & Cosmos Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Leader Galactic Man Shockwave 2019 SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Figure  Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unicron Armada By Hasbro New Sealed HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Piggy coin Bank Large! VERY RARE G1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Constructicons lot Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee and Doc Greene" on EBAY