New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby ArmadaPrime » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Well seeing as Scotty mentioned the H-word ;)
I actually think that including some Hasbroverse elements from the get-go is the way forward (it certainly beats shoehorning them in 10 years down the line).
It doesn't have to be anything major! For example, human military characters will inevitably appear at some point, so why not have those be some of the lesser-known Joes from a concurrently running GI Joe series. No big deal of WOW LOOK THESE GUYS ARE THEM THERE JOES, just a little editorial box like "Check out Roadblock et al's other adventures in GI Joe #1-5, if you like! Or don't, if you dont!".
The slightly more far-out properties like the Micronauts and ROM might be a bit harder to work in, but then again any space-based group of TFs could easily happen across a few Solstar Knights for an issue or so and then go on their merry way.
Perhaps cold hard capitalism means that for it to be worthwhile including these other IPs they have to make a song and dance about it, but it'd feel much more realistic if it was just the occasional crossing of paths as a cameo/guest role every now and then.

...then again, I'd welcome the commercialised event-style crossover with open arms if it brought Action Man back to us. Revolutionaries was a wonderfully fun and fantastically dumb series which did Revolution better than Revolution itself did, and I'll hear nothing to the contrary [-(
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
User avatar
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1437
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Berkshire | Birmingham

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:05 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Actually Rom and micronaughts are better fits them you would think of for a expanded tf universe, they were certainly the elements that worked a lot better when everything happened. I mean look at how Rom was able to fit into what happened in unicron.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 7849
News Credits: 138
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:13 am

Va'al wrote:I like the idea of a separate thread, and was thinking (last night) of implementing it from the new continuity onwards - but also, given that there are plenty of spoilers to come, might as well start now, no? :-?



Thread Two already exists: https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/idw-transformers-the-reboot-discussion-thread-t110889.php

Feel free to reappropriate either for general discussion and/or previews and reviews. I can't guarantee I will always be around to run the latter though, a lot of Real Life stuff to contend with currently.
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 886
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby Va'al » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:50 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Va'al wrote:I like the idea of a separate thread, and was thinking (last night) of implementing it from the new continuity onwards - but also, given that there are plenty of spoilers to come, might as well start now, no? :-?



Thread Two already exists: https://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/idw-transformers-the-reboot-discussion-thread-t110889.php

Feel free to reappropriate either for general discussion and/or previews and reviews. I can't guarantee I will always be around to run the latter though, a lot of Real Life stuff to contend with currently.


You misunderstood the point, I'm afraid. But thanks.
User avatar
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17010
News Credits: 6188
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby ScottyP » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:26 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
ArmadaPrime wrote:Well seeing as Scotty mentioned the H-word ;)
This isn't an Adults Only board! Wait I think I misunderstood :lol:

ArmadaPrime wrote:..then again, I'd welcome the commercialised event-style crossover with open arms if it brought Action Man back to us. Revolutionaries was a wonderfully fun and fantastically dumb series which did Revolution better than Revolution itself did, and I'll hear nothing to the contrary [-(
I agree with so much of what you said but especially this part. Revolutionaries keeps on giving too, Barber planted seeds in that book like a Spring after a poor harvest. I hope Hasbro learned a lesson from the "universe" experience with IDW: be patient! Other than Joes in Rom, none of this was supposed to crossover in earnest for a very long time at the outset. Probably also why Micronauts suddenly shifts from microgalactic war to just "our heroes on the run" very, very quickly.
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4709
News Credits: 444
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:41 am

I'm reminded of the Sunbow Episode "The Big Broadcast of 2006". Wherein we were shown a myriad of other planets and races. This is how you make the the "shared" universe idea work organically. Keep Rom, the Micronauts even the Visionaries on their worlds. That are in the same universe as Cybertron, Nebulos, Earth et al.

Stop cramming everyone onto one planet. Transformers struggles to fight a secret Civil War and be "Robots in disguise" on a practical level, when you have GI Joe, MASK etc all flying over the US. I'd even go a step further and keep the vast majority of Transformers off of Earth as well. Yet some writers (and fans) seem fixated on keeping a space faring race grounded.
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 886
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:57 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
To be fair, only the visionaries didn't have their planet, which we learned the fate of. Rom and micronaughts worked quite well, it's just earth that things need care
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 7849
News Credits: 138
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Starting up a new continuity though, it wouldn't hurt to keep everyone in their own toy boxes initially. So each series can stand (or fall) on it's own merits.
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 886
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby o.supreme » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
one thing I think they need to decide form the beginning however is...Will this new TF series be based solely on the Original Transformers, or will it be all inclusive (inclusing charactres form BW, RiD, Movieverse, Prime etc...) . I don't really have a preference one way or another, they just need to make it clear form day one. Another issue I had with IDW was that it started out strictly with original characters. BW had it's own series, but in time, when nothing else was done with BW, characters from all different continuities were just thrown in without any real explanation.
Image
o.supreme
Gestalt
Posts: 2753
News Credits: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:26 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
But they never stuck to the toon cast though, spotlight hot rod had doubledealer and banzai-tron in it, and spotlight galvatron had skram in it who was g1.5/g2.
@All new- who I agree that they need to stand on their own, but with the ties that do suggest it's the same universe so they aren't so independent that they have to suddenly explain where the fighting giant alien robots have suddenly appeared from.

Also keeping them away from earth (or letting them there for very short trips if absolutely necessary) is a good idea as well.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 7849
News Credits: 138
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Honestly, in what is probably a controversial opinion, I think the Reboot needs to veer even further away from Sunbow. It will be 2019 when this New continuity starts, 35 years on, it might be time to let G1 go, as a series foundation.
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 886
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby o.supreme » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:02 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
When did I mention Sunbow? I said Original Transformers, meaning anything from 1984-1991, which includes all toy, comic, and animated series characters. (Most fans call it G1, but I find that term to be condescending, so I always refer to it as "Original Transformers", or original Series, similar to how Trekkies refer to Original Star Trek, or OST. ).

Like I said, if in issue one, we see characters from various continuities, that is fine. What I just don't want to see is something like this; characters randomly popping up for no reason:

Image
Image
o.supreme
Gestalt
Posts: 2753
News Credits: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
I've been thinking about this over the weekend and I'm increasingly ok with a reboot.

There are a number of characters who have had their story paths closed off or stunted short through this run. I am not saying that to condemn this current continuity, but just as a matter of fact. You can't tell them all.

A fresh perspective carrying along all the gains and lessons from this run with a new take on the who, what, and why...all with new character emphasis.

That's an interesting path to go down for me. After all, if one continuity goes on for too long, either the character development gets spoiled for need of something new or eventually becomes too unfamiliar to keep everyone on board.
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 11205
News Credits: 124
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
o.supreme wrote:When did I mention Sunbow? I said Original Transformers, meaning anything from 1984-1991, which includes all toy, comic, and animated series characters. (Most fans call it G1, but I find that term to be condescending, so I always refer to it as "Original Transformers", or original Series, similar to how Trekkies refer to Original Star Trek, or OST. ).

Like I said, if in issue one, we see characters from various continuities, that is fine. What I just don't want to see is something like this; characters randomly popping up for no reason:

Image

Okay but skram, was from after that period. He debuted in 1993. In fact, Clench appeared in megatron origin issue 2.

That said, I would expect that the reboot will draw from all corners of tf, simply because it allows the writers the most room to work with. It also allows for them not having to worry about keeping to personalities set ages ago.

Not that there isn't room as well for idw to do a more cartoon orientated ongoing alongside the reboot.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 7849
News Credits: 138
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I hope the reboot keeps up what IDW started with this series in that character from all generations are welcome. Who said Beast Wars guys couldn't be different and exist at the same time as the regular G1 guys? Who said movie characters and RiD characters and Prime characters have to stick to that series.

I like how the ending continuity Transcended so many characters into the broader generations view point we got. It made it far more fun. It was also fun to get the new characters. We had great interactions and lineups featuring old G1, complete other continuities, and new characters all featured together.

IDW was what the generations toyline always needed to be honestly.
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!! Don't make me Axe you again.Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 14010
News Credits: 1194
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby ScottyP » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:14 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
o.supreme wrote:
Like I said, if in issue one, we see characters from various continuities, that is fine. What I just don't want to see is something like this; characters randomly popping up for no reason:

Image
I am super confused by this. Your first sentence is a direct contradiction of the second, which precedes an image from Optimus Prime #1. It is literally "characters from various continuities" in an "issue one". Edit: I was wrong and it's issue 11, but they are seen in issue 1. Leaving this here to laugh at myself :)

The colonist soldiers, aside from Slide's now-repetitive whining, have been an imaginative bright spot in OP for me.
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4709
News Credits: 444
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby o.supreme » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:43 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
ScottyP wrote: I am super confused by this. Your first sentence is a direct contradiction of the second, which precedes an image from Optimus Prime #1. It is literally "characters from various continuities" in an "issue one". Edit: I was wrong and it's issue 11, but they are seen in issue 1. Leaving this here to laugh at myself :)

The colonist soldiers, aside from Slide's now-repetitive whining, have been an imaginative bright spot in OP for me.


It's not a contradiction. Those characters may have appeared in issue #1 of "Optimus Prime", but that was many years into the overall continuity, (issue #336 if you want to get technical).

All I'm saying is establish firm rules from day one if it's going to be an all inclusive TF based comic, or not.
Image
o.supreme
Gestalt
Posts: 2753
News Credits: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby ScottyP » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:37 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Ah, ok. I super disagree, but I understand your point now!

I think the way IDW did it was extremely promising and, at times, lived up to that promise. However, when it wasn't truly explored directly and in earnest outside of Caminus and three issues of Windblade Vol. 2, that was a bit disappointing. Did we ever even see the surface of Devisien?

I guess I just worry introducing Cybertronian expansion/colonialism at the outset will lead to Override and Hot Shot racing Crumplezone and Dirt Boss for 12 issues :lol:
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4709
News Credits: 444
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby o.supreme » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:49 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
ScottyP wrote:Ah, ok. I super disagree, but I understand your point now!

I think the way IDW did it was extremely promising and, at times, lived up to that promise. However, when it wasn't truly explored directly and in earnest outside of Caminus and three issues of Windblade Vol. 2, that was a bit disappointing. Did we ever even see the surface of Devisien?

I guess I just worry introducing Cybertronian expansion/colonialism at the outset will lead to Override and Hot Shot racing Crumplezone and Dirt Boss for 12 issues :lol:


I understand, but it would not be that difficult, for me at least. Issue #1 of the marvel comic back in 1984 had quite some prolific crowd shots. If you do the basic -"Long ago, life existed on Cybertron...but not life as we know it..." and show a few crowd shots, of bots across all different continuities, and I'm good. You are establishing a basis at the outset that nothing (including new characters) is out of bounds.

It was just jarring for me that early on in IDW BW had it's own series, clearly separate from mainline IDW. Then 9 years into a 13 year run, we get Eukaris, and those same characters with little to no explanation. I know most fans don't mind, it's just a pet peeve of mine. Sure everyone is welcome, lets just establish that right away so fans expectations can be adjusted accordingly. I mean, I'm never going to reject a book that is strictly "Original Transformers", I think that is great, if they decide to go that direction (which somehow I doubt) its just the randomness that bothers me.
Image
o.supreme
Gestalt
Posts: 2753
News Credits: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:19 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
o.supreme wrote:It was just jarring for me that early on in IDW BW had it's own series, clearly separate from mainline IDW. Then 9 years into a 13 year run, we get Eukaris, and those same characters with little to no explanation.


There were like, literally a year of stories explaining how this came to be...
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 11205
News Credits: 124
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Counterpunch wrote:
o.supreme wrote:It was just jarring for me that early on in IDW BW had it's own series, clearly separate from mainline IDW. Then 9 years into a 13 year run, we get Eukaris, and those same characters with little to no explanation.

There were like, literally a year of stories explaining how this came to be...

Also, the IDW stories from Beast Wars "Gathering" and "Ascending" were based in a whole other universe, they were set to take place during the Beast Wars show and then right before Beast Machines started. They were not the same continuity. They were a lot like what Regeneration 1 was
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!! Don't make me Axe you again.Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 14010
News Credits: 1194
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby o.supreme » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:06 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
o.supreme wrote:It was just jarring for me that early on in IDW BW had it's own series, clearly separate from mainline IDW. Then 9 years into a 13 year run, we get Eukaris, and those same characters with little to no explanation.

There were like, literally a year of stories explaining how this came to be...

Also, the IDW stories from Beast Wars "Gathering" and "Ascending" were based in a whole other universe, they were set to take place during the Beast Wars show and then right before Beast Machines started. They were not the same continuity. They were a lot like what Regeneration 1 was


I understand that the early BW books were a completely separate continuity (I actually liked those stories) but.. I guess I cant recall much of the details of the main IDW books depsite owning them all. From my recollection, characters like Rattrap & Gelshark just started showing up. If someone would be so kind as to point out their first appearance showing how they got to Cybertron, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Image
o.supreme
Gestalt
Posts: 2753
News Credits: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
o.supreme wrote:I understand that the early BW books were a completely separate continuity (I actually liked those stories) but.. I guess I cant recall much of the details of the main IDW books depsite owning them all. From my recollection, characters like Rattrap & Gelshark just started showing up. If someone would be so kind as to point out their first appearance showing how they got to Cybertron, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

No, that's not really true. IDW started its continuity with Infiltration. the 2 Beast stories and the RG1 were both separate. And the continuity started with Infiltration is the one that is coming to an end.

Even the early books were ok with pulling from several parts of G1, with Nightbeat, Hardhead, Sixshot, Leadfoot, and Skram, among others, showing up. They pulled from all parts of G1 from the getgo.

Then All Hail Megatron basically knocked it back down to the core 84-85 crew, and the following ongoing struggled to move out of that. It was when the current run, with Death of Optimus Prime, started that we began to get all the others. They wanted to add more depth, you needed characters from colonies and the characters that ran from the war and came home to fill things up. Heck, with as far and wide as the war went, you could include characters you hadn't seen before because they were elsewhere.

Death of Optimus Prime is where the true diversity kicked in, and it was done to make the cast larger and to help characters transcend into G1, basically. It took from all transformers continuities, and it worked, and that is why we have cool team ups and wide varieties of casts.
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!! Don't make me Axe you again.Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 14010
News Credits: 1194
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby o.supreme » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:17 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
D-Maximal_Primal wrote: IDW started its continuity with Infiltration. the 2 Beast stories and the RG1 were both separate. And the continuity started with Infiltration is the one that is coming to an end.


ok...I'm not really sure where the disconnect is, but, we've already established all this, we are on the same page. I know where mainline IDW started (I've been purchasing it since issue #0 in Oct 2005), and I know where it's ending


D-Maximal_Primal wrote:They wanted to add more depth, you needed characters from colonies and the characters that ran from the war and came home to fill things up. Heck, with as far and wide as the war went, you could include characters you hadn't seen before because they were elsewhere.


ok so when I was reading (whatever issue it was), and Rattrap is just on Cybertron for no apparent reason, and then Sky-Byte (I realize I said Gelshark earlier, I apologize, I prefer the original Car Robots and often go to those names automatically) , Waspinator etc... the reader was to assume "colonies" ( I was racking my brain thinking there must have been some time displacement or dimensional vortex story I missed...) even though the discovering of said colonies story did not develop until much later. got it.

Again, to go back to my original point...it was very jarring without proper explanation, and one of many reasons I'm glad current IDW is ending. They have a clean slate in 2019, a chance to do things right, especially if they want to be all inclusive. I'm just glad I'll feel no obligation. If it's bad, I can stay away. If it's good, I can read the trades when they come out.
Image
o.supreme
Gestalt
Posts: 2753
News Credits: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: New IDW Transformers Reboot Confirmed for 2019

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:53 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I personally didn't find it that jarring, as to me it's the same as when characters just turned up for no reason in the original cartoon, I mean where did the protectorbots come from? Omega Supreme just appeared and the constructacons just appeared...and then built megatron in the past...:lol:

I do understand your position though os, and it is a matter of wait and see for everyone. Personally, I want it as far reaching as possible in terms of cast, really sell that this war is being fought with tens of millions at each others throat.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 7849
News Credits: 138
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
Twincast / Podcast #213:
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Age OF Extinction Movie 4 Deluxe Class Scorn MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age OF Extinction Movie 4 Deluxe Class High Octane Bumblebee MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction AOE Voyager Class Slog MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 AOE AD17 DARKSIDE SOUNDWAVE Deluxe Movie Advanced Takara Mercedes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Generations AOE Voyager DINOBOT SLOG Hasbro Dinosaur Movie Age" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Power Battler CANNON BLAST HIGH OCTANE BUMBLEBEE Hasbro Movie" on EBAY
Buy "STRAFE - Action Figure - TRANSFORMERS - Age of Extinction - TRU EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "GRIMLOCK Dinobot Rescue Bot TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise 2015" on EBAY