New shelves

Share photos of your Transformers collection here in this dedicated forum to showcase our collections.

New shelves

Postby Kyleor » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:46 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
Just got everything out of boxes after upgrading from 1 (overcrowded) shelving unit (Ikea Gorm) and misc tables around the room to everything on a new single multi-shelving unit (Ikea Niklas system).

Any suggestions on how to do under shelf lighting?
Attachments
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0990.JPG
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.


Yyyeeeeeeeeep


.
User avatar
Kyleor
Combiner
Posts: 453
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:06 pm
Location: USA (not 'Murica)
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Re: New shelves

Postby Cobotron » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:48 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
That unit looks really nice. I like the wood and metal combo.

I just picked up some really great LED under cabinet lighting from Ikea. One set, Called Dioder, is 4 LED round pucks all wired to the same supply. Haven't installed them yet but the pucks are awesomely low profile. Maybe only a 1/4 inch thick.

The other set, can't remember the name, but it had the letters l e d in it. It is a straight row of lights with 3 sections that plug into one another. I can see ALL my Beast Wars now.

Both sets were about 10 to 15 bucks cheaper than anything I've seen at the Depot or Lowes.

Shelves look great. Have fun!
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Image
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
User avatar
Cobotron
Site Moderator
Posts: 9230
News Credits: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
Location: High Plains Drifter
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: New shelves

Postby donny1975 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:40 pm

The shelves are looking good!

As Cobotron stated you can get the LED lighting for shelves or cabinets from Ikea. I bought a set of Dioder lights for my Detolf shelf.

Although the Dioder sets I bought were 4 strips not pucks? The strips can be run from the power supply individually or they can be daisy chained together to make one lone strip. The good thing about this set is that the length wire for each strip is about 5 or 6 feet long so you can get creative with routing it on your shelving. The plug wire is pretty long also so you can get fairly far away from the receptacle...

Best of luck on what ever route you go, will be nice to see pics of the shelves lit up :)
I am very suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I totally trust a dog that doesn't like a person...
User avatar
donny1975
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 800
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: New shelves

Postby Kyleor » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:14 am

Motto: "Awwww-Skeet-Skeet-Skeet!"
Weapon: Twin Automatic Machine Guns
donny1975 wrote:The shelves are looking good!

As Cobotron stated you can get the LED lighting for shelves or cabinets from Ikea. I bought a set of Dioder lights for my Detolf shelf.

Although the Dioder sets I bought were 4 strips not pucks? The strips can be run from the power supply individually or they can be daisy chained together to make one lone strip. The good thing about this set is that the length wire for each strip is about 5 or 6 feet long so you can get creative with routing it on your shelving. The plug wire is pretty long also so you can get fairly far away from the receptacle...

Best of luck on what ever route you go, will be nice to see pics of the shelves lit up :)


Picked up a couple of Dioder sets this weekend to play with, there's sooooo much wire lol, and they are strips. The only puck style lights they had at the Ikea I went to used halogen bulbs. One area of the shelves has the halogen pucks in it and when I took the door hardware of there were 'tan lines', so not using those. The LED lights make a HUGE difference. Once I get more sets and everything lighted & placement finalized I'll probably put all the lights on an aquarium timer.

There also were Dioder units that would do selectable mulicolor, but the 'white' setting was very very blue.
Attachments
shelves_lighted-1.JPG
shelves_lighted-2.JPG
shelves_lighted-3.JPG
shelves_lighted-4.JPG
Don't get butthurt when you get called out for expressing closed/small/narrow minded opinions. Educate yourself and form a better opinion.


Yyyeeeeeeeeep


.
User avatar
Kyleor
Combiner
Posts: 453
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:06 pm
Location: USA (not 'Murica)
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 4

Re: New shelves

Postby Cobotron » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:35 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Kyleor wrote: One area of the shelves has the halogen pucks in it and when I took the door hardware of there were 'tan lines', so not using those.
:lol: Those halogen lights get hot enough to fry an egg, I have a couple of dark circles branded on the bottoms of a few shelves too.

Glad those worked out for you.
Lookin' real nice. ;)^
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Image
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
User avatar
Cobotron
Site Moderator
Posts: 9230
News Credits: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
Location: High Plains Drifter
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: New shelves

Postby donny1975 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:01 pm

The lights are really nice. Yes, they do give you quite a bit of cable length for the lights! It does give you some options for routing/hiding it. Liking the setup can't wait to see your final placement and such.
I am very suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I totally trust a dog that doesn't like a person...
User avatar
donny1975
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 800
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:56 pm


Return to Share Your Transformers Collection

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
Twincast / Podcast #213:
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "NEW Transformers vehicle MECHTECH Bumblebee w/ Sam Witwicky figure & Backfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations legends BOMBSHELL - 100% complete + extras" on EBAY
Buy "Hun-Gurrr - Blot - Cutthroat - Sinnertwin Vintage Figs Abominus G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "NEW - Transformers: Primacy by Metzen, Chris; Dille, Flint" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SDCC POTP Throne of the Primes Optimus Primal Bumblebee Bag MIB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Reissue Walmart Minibot Set Outback Bumblebee Swerve Tailgate" on EBAY
Buy "DECEPTICON BERSERKER PREMIER EDITION TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Reissue Walmart Minibot Set Outback Bumblebee Swerve Tailgate" on EBAY