Official Transformers Generations Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:29 pm

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Does anybody think that Windblade looks a bit mistransformed or does her robot mode look sloppy?
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
Image
User avatar
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 981
News Credits: 13
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:49 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby mooncake623 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:32 pm

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Does anybody think that Windblade looks a bit mistransformed or does her robot mode look sloppy?



Yep, I feel like that's just how she looks out of the packaging. I'm sure she'l look much better properly transformed.
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
Image
User avatar
mooncake623
City Commander
Posts: 3732
News Credits: 461
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Location: NYC
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby bwDEPTHcharge » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:38 pm

After looking at these pics I found that...
Arcee: her secondary "undercolor" is white, right? Well, let's just say there is a minor paint difference between the comic cover art and toy that makes the toy seem a little weird... I just don't want to say it. If you compare heavily you might find it.
Chromia: heavy retool, but must have.
Jihaxus: should be repainted in his origional stoplight colors.
Nightbeat: the art on the comic's cover is a lie. Or is it the figure...
Windblade: looks fine.
bwDEPTHcharge
Mini-Con
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 1:12 pm
Watch bwDEPTHcharge on YouTube

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:41 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
If and when I do get my hands on Windblade, she's destined to be reborn as Slipstream.

Not sure how I feel about Arcee. Her head sculpt is very nice, but that back kibble will take a bit of getting used to.

I'm more worried about Chromia's back kibble than anything else. Love the Tron-cycle mode.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2837
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Noideaforaname » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:42 pm

Image
I love the illusion that the front wheel isn't connected to the main body of the bike. I've always been fond "floaty" sci-fi designs, especially when it defies all logic. "How does the wheel propel the rest of the bike if it's not even connected to it?" "Because SCIENCE!"

I wonder if there will be an Afterburner repaint? Both modes are a match aside from being female, and I'd be totally OK with an obscure gestalt component swapping genders.
Image
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
User avatar
Noideaforaname
City Commander
Posts: 3282
News Credits: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby megatronus » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:25 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
They all look great. Nightbeat looks like a very strong use of that mold. Still would have liked to see use of the RTS Jazz mold, but this will still hit the spot.

Jhiaxus seems the weakest, IMO. The wings look a bit awkward. Hopefully we get something more reflective of the Transformers Legends artwork from a day back or so.
Image
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
User avatar
megatronus
Podcast Staff
Posts: 5551
News Credits: 69
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Shuttershock » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:26 pm

bwDEPTHcharge wrote:After looking at these pics I found that...
Arcee: her secondary "undercolor" is white, right? Well, let's just say there is a minor paint difference between the comic cover art and toy that makes the toy seem a little weird... I just don't want to say it. If you compare heavily you might find it.


:shock:

Damn you, bwDEPTHcharge. Damn you straight to the pit.
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 910
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:48 pm
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby User897 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:53 am

I don't care about any of these toys except Arcee. She has been underutilized for decades and I swore to buy and support the character as long as she of course resembled what I saw on the big screen in 1986. This toy, while tiny, is close so I'm gonna buy it. If I can find it, that is. If Arcee were a Voyager Class or above, she woulda been a homerun.
User avatar
User897
Combiner
Posts: 406
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:09 pm
Buy from User897 on eBay

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Skywarp64 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:21 am

Motto: "I think, therefore I am. But I don't always think, so I guess I am not."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Is it just me or does Chromia transform into a light cycle?

End of Line, man.
PLEASE contact me if you have any of the following, or know where I can find them:
[list]
[*]Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime's wings
[*]Powermaster Optimus Prime's Supermode Head
[*]Powermaster Optimus Prime's "Super Smokestacks", or whatever those big grey guns on his Supermode shoulders are called
[*]G1 Optimus Prime's left arm, preferably with the long smokestack

Thank you.

-----------------
Image
#TillAllAreOne
User avatar
Skywarp64
Godmaster
Posts: 1568
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Watch Skywarp64 on YouTube
Buy from Skywarp64 on eBay
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 1

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:37 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
Chromia, Wingblade, and Arcee!
It's good to be a fembot lover nowadays! :x
♥♥♥ Love is in the air ♥♥♥

Image
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8938
News Credits: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:39 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Mace
User897 wrote:I don't care about any of these toys except Arcee. She has been underutilized for decades and I swore to buy and support the character as long as she of course resembled what I saw on the big screen in 1986. This toy, while tiny, is close so I'm gonna buy it. If I can find it, that is. If Arcee were a Voyager Class or above, she woulda been a homerun.


For a "voyager" Arcee, I think you should wait for a MP Arcee. Will that ever happen?
♥♥♥ Love is in the air ♥♥♥

Image
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8938
News Credits: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Ravage XK » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:54 am

Motto: "Morons start a sentence with so."
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
I think there is something for most people to look forward to there.

Can anyone tell me how you pronounce "Jihaxus" please? I have never heard is spoken. :-?
Image

TF COUNT: 323
Latest Additions: MP Sunstreaker, FT Koot, FT Rouge
User avatar
Ravage XK
Gestalt
Posts: 2330
News Credits: 15
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:38 am
Location: Maidstone, Kent, UK
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:00 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Ravage XK wrote:I think there is something for most people to look forward to there.

Can anyone tell me how you pronounce "Jihaxus" please? I have never heard is spoken. :-?


I believe its gee-axe-us, its based on something Simon furman once said I think
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
Posts: 3078
News Credits: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Ravage XK » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:06 am

Motto: "Morons start a sentence with so."
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:I think there is something for most people to look forward to there.

Can anyone tell me how you pronounce "Jihaxus" please? I have never heard is spoken. :-?


I believe its gee-axe-us, its based on something Simon furman once said I think


Cool, thanks. I was including the "h".
Image

TF COUNT: 323
Latest Additions: MP Sunstreaker, FT Koot, FT Rouge
User avatar
Ravage XK
Gestalt
Posts: 2330
News Credits: 15
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:38 am
Location: Maidstone, Kent, UK
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:30 am

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Ravage XK wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:I think there is something for most people to look forward to there.

Can anyone tell me how you pronounce "Jihaxus" please? I have never heard is spoken. :-?


I believe its gee-axe-us, its based on something Simon furman once said I think


Cool, thanks. I was including the "h".

I suppose its personal preferences, theres gee-axe-us, which is how I hear most people say, juh-axus, and jacksus, all really the same phonetically, just different inflections
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
Posts: 3078
News Credits: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:30 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
-Kanrabat- wrote:
User897 wrote:I don't care about any of these toys except Arcee. She has been underutilized for decades and I swore to buy and support the character as long as she of course resembled what I saw on the big screen in 1986. This toy, while tiny, is close so I'm gonna buy it. If I can find it, that is. If Arcee were a Voyager Class or above, she woulda been a homerun.


For a "voyager" Arcee, I think you should wait for a MP Arcee. Will that ever happen?


Pretty sure it's just a matter of time. They're Probably just running through the list for more popular G1 characters first.

And seeing as she's got an 80's scifi alt mode and the original toy was designed by HasTak, there's no need at all to worry about licensing.

Ravage XK wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:I think there is something for most people to look forward to there.

Can anyone tell me how you pronounce "Jihaxus" please? I have never heard is spoken. :-?


I believe its gee-axe-us, its based on something Simon furman once said I think


Cool, thanks. I was including the "h".


I think it's spelled "Jhiaxus", not "Jihaxus." :D
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2837
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Cobalt Prime » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:57 am

Motto: ""Excessive force is not necessary.""
Anyone want to start placing bets on which of these, like Skids, will never see the light of day in most brick and mortar stores?
User avatar
Cobalt Prime
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:08 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Only one I'm not completely sold on is Nightbeat, but I do love his IDW character so it's a probable buy. Love chromia, though it wouldn't be a must buy if I hadnt read the comics. :)

Problem for me though is the fact that it's likely these will never come to UK shores -_-..
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 8670
News Credits: 247
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Neurie » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:45 am

Noideaforaname wrote:Image
I love the illusion that the front wheel isn't connected to the main body of the bike. I've always been fond "floaty" sci-fi designs, especially when it defies all logic. "How does the wheel propel the rest of the bike if it's not even connected to it?" "Because SCIENCE!"

I wonder if there will be an Afterburner repaint? Both modes are a match aside from being female, and I'd be totally OK with an obscure gestalt component swapping genders.


How about the inner robot of Iguanus? That was also a robot that changed in to a similarish bike
User avatar
Neurie
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 567
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 10:55 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:57 am

Motto: "CAN YOU SEE ME NOW, FATHER?"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Shuttershock wrote:
bwDEPTHcharge wrote:After looking at these pics I found that...
Arcee: her secondary "undercolor" is white, right? Well, let's just say there is a minor paint difference between the comic cover art and toy that makes the toy seem a little weird... I just don't want to say it. If you compare heavily you might find it.


:shock:

Damn you, bwDEPTHcharge. Damn you straight to the pit.

Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
User avatar
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Posts: 2504
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:59 pm
Location: Northern Lower Michigan
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:03 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Three completely unique fembots at the same time in a little boys' toyline. Life is good. 8)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 31185
News Credits: 287
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Ravage XK » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:13 am

Motto: "Morons start a sentence with so."
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
I hope something can be done about Arcee's hip displacement.
Image

TF COUNT: 323
Latest Additions: MP Sunstreaker, FT Koot, FT Rouge
User avatar
Ravage XK
Gestalt
Posts: 2330
News Credits: 15
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:38 am
Location: Maidstone, Kent, UK
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:32 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Her hips appear to be adjustable on the inside of the thighs:

Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 31185
News Credits: 287
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Ravage XK » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:39 am

Motto: "Morons start a sentence with so."
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Ahh, then there is hope.
Image

TF COUNT: 323
Latest Additions: MP Sunstreaker, FT Koot, FT Rouge
User avatar
Ravage XK
Gestalt
Posts: 2330
News Credits: 15
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:38 am
Location: Maidstone, Kent, UK
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Official Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Discussion Thread

Postby Optimizzy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:52 am

Motto: "One look at me and you're lost."
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Well...I'm disappointed in nightbeat. Colors just don't seem right to me. It's a shame. I may pick him up, but not hunting him down now. I'm not really a big fan of that mold either :(
I have been into transformers since 1984.
While I love G1 I also love new innovations and takes on the characters.
I prefer official Hasbro releases of stuff for the most part
I'm not a huge fan of Japanese original Transformers media or designs.
It's easier for me to say which are my LEAST favorite toy lines: Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise.
TFCon List: Classics Skywarp, General Optimus, BW Airrazor, Transmetal Tarantulus, Alternity Prime, Fire Convoy
User avatar
Optimizzy
Headmaster
Posts: 1043
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:43 pm
Location: Walhalla, SC
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 2
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
Twincast / Podcast #222:
"The Real Ghostbusters"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series #40 Shatter Action Figure New & Sealed!" on EBAY
Buy "Lot of 2 Transformers Studio Series Action Figures - Dropkick and Scrapmetal" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS STUDIO SERIES 08 LEADER CLASS DECEPTICON BLACKOUT Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "1984 Transformers G1 Soundwave Constructicon Hook No Weapons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 2 1993 Aerialbots Limb AIR RAID complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Beast Wars Telemocha Excl. Japan TM-04 Waspinator MISB!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Timelines Collectors Club Exclusive Shattered Glass Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Premier Deluxe Skullitron Deluxe Action Figu" on EBAY