Question on Takara-Tomy Transformers United Scourge

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Question on Takara-Tomy Transformers United Scourge

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:01 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller.""
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Also, the Takara version lacks a rub sign. I much prefer a proper faction symbol tampograph. Otherwise, yeah, the decos between the Hasbro and Takara-Tomy versions of Grapple are almost totally identical, save for the yellow helmet for the Takara one. Technically, both the yellow and black head are screen accurate, but I suppose the yellow one is MORE accurate based on total screen time ;) United Grapple is closer to the bottom of my wishlist righgt now. The Hasbro version will suffice until I can secure a few more high priority figures. :)
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
Godmaster
Posts: 1988
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maplewood, MN
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Question on Takara-Tomy Transformers United Scourge

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:52 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
megatronus wrote:I've been contemplating Henkei Smokescreen for awhile, but Sunstreaker? Besides the chrome, the main difference seems to be a somewhat deeper, more goldenrod-type yellow. Is that what makes the difference?


Yes. Just wait until they are side by side. Trust me on this one. I'll stake my rep on it.

I'm thinking of picking up the Specialist Sets; the decos look awesome, and it gives me a reason to sell my Hasbro MOSC Mirage and Hound, and finally acquire serviceable versions of Astrotrain, Octane, and Galvatron. But I want them to be cheaper. I doubt they'll dip to $90 like the Seeker sets, but do y'all think there's the chance they'll go on sale for $100-$110?


Hard to say. I'm really out of the loop on things I'm not actively pursuing.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Hook? He probably means Grapple. The difference between TakaraTomy and Hasbro? Yellow head vs. black head ;)


Yeah, I took a few moments to post between projects.

I get a lot of names wrong lately. Good thing I'm not out there dating anymore. >:oP
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15810
News Credits: 72
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Question on Takara-Tomy Transformers United Scourge

Postby megatronus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:52 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Counterpunch wrote:
megatronus wrote:I've been contemplating Henkei Smokescreen for awhile, but Sunstreaker? Besides the chrome, the main difference seems to be a somewhat deeper, more goldenrod-type yellow. Is that what makes the difference?


Yes. Just wait until they are side by side. Trust me on this one. I'll stake my rep on it.

Thanks for the tip. I'm actually tracking down a decently priced Sunstreaker as we speak. He will be mine.


Counterpunch wrote:
megatronus wrote:I'm thinking of picking up the Specialist Sets; the decos look awesome, and it gives me a reason to sell my Hasbro MOSC Mirage and Hound, and finally acquire serviceable versions of Astrotrain, Octane, and Galvatron. But I want them to be cheaper. I doubt they'll dip to $90 like the Seeker sets, but do y'all think there's the chance they'll go on sale for $100-$110?


Hard to say. I'm really out of the loop on things I'm not actively pursuing.

Yea, these sets are sort of unknowns to everyone. The Seeker sets went on clearance, but the Seekers are sort of their own thing. I bundled the 2 Specialist sets in an order with MMC's Rampage, so that order is guaranteed to sit tight until September (at least). I figure if the price gets discounted in the next 6 months, I'll get the order adjusted. If the sets prove to be popular, I have them locked in.
Image

Check out my eBay Store!
User avatar
megatronus
Podcast Staff
Posts: 5336
News Credits: 45
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 am
Location: NYC
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: Question on Takara-Tomy Transformers United Scourge

Postby mooncake623 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:04 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
megatronus wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
megatronus wrote:I've been contemplating Henkei Smokescreen for awhile, but Sunstreaker? Besides the chrome, the main difference seems to be a somewhat deeper, more goldenrod-type yellow. Is that what makes the difference?


Yes. Just wait until they are side by side. Trust me on this one. I'll stake my rep on it.

Thanks for the tip. I'm actually tracking down a decently priced Sunstreaker as we speak. He will be mine.


I just got me a Henkei Sunstreaker! It is sweet....


Image

Image

Image
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
Image
User avatar
mooncake623
News Staff
Posts: 3714
News Credits: 161
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am
Location: NYC
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Question on Takara-Tomy Transformers United Scourge

Postby leakin' lubricant » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:11 am

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
I'd recommend the United Frenzy and Rumble pack, those little guys are great figures.
User avatar
leakin' lubricant
Godmaster
Posts: 1692
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:44 pm
Buy from leakin' lubricant on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Transformers E-Hobby Generations perceptor outcast Magnificus decepticon - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 41 minutes 34 seconds
KRE-O-O Transformers Stealth Bumblebee 256 pieces 4 Kreon Mini Figs - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 42 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Slog Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 10 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Generations IDW 30th Anniversary Deluxe Autobot Scoop MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 31 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers G1 1991 DRAG STRIP MOSC menasor european MB spain classic hasbro - Time Remaining: 9 days 7 hours 34 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Reveal the Shield Perceptor - Time Remaining: 20 days 9 hours 35 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers G1 1991 WILDRIDER MOSC menasor european MB spain classic hasbro - Time Remaining: 9 days 7 hours 36 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Junkheap Sealed on Original Card Nice - Time Remaining: 19 days 18 hours 41 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #175 - Bayhem
Twincast / Podcast #175:
"Bayhem"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, May 25th, 2017
Website Security Test