Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New FPCC Booklet Pics. More Hints @ Springer Mould?

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
We just wet your pallet with pictures of the Fans Projects sneak peaks of "Rodimus Prime" and what is obviously some sort of "Springer" upgrade kit. Weather this is a completely new mould offered by Fans Project or it's an expansion set for an existing mould we aren't sure yet.

Now we bring you pictures of the comic offered in the FPCC instruction booklet. There are no words to this story but from this Mods perspective it goes a little something like this:

Page 1

A very cybertron mode looking Commander is driving out of a fortress. Overhead we see a shot of a helicopter transform in a very familiar way, with visible wheels in robot mode legs. As we see a close up of the face we see a flashback scene of Starscream holding what looks to be Arcee at gunpoint. Starscream shows an images of the energon cubes that are being transported by Commander.

Image

Image

Page 2

Springer takes a pot shot at Commander while he's driving down the road. This knocks Commander out of vehicle mode and lays him out helpless on the ground. As Springer approaches the downed Commander he notices the precious cargo laying about, exposed for the taking.

Image

Image

Page 3

As Springer reaches for the engeron cubes Commander has a flash back of his own. For some reason, we see Mudflap giving Commander instructions as to what the cargo and it's effects are for. It's a little vague, but they seem to be for power ups and upgrades.

Image

Image

Page 4

Commanders route is revealed to be a straight friggin' line! He gladly accepts this cherry mission and loads up his trailer with twin missile launchers and the precious, precious energon cube cargo. He then recaps the last thirty seconds where he was attacked and let said cargo fall into enemy hands.

Image

Image

Page 5

Commander strikes back against his attacker and causes him to drop one of the disrupted energon cubes. As he slides to make the save he collides with his cargo trailer. As Commander and the trailer meet something very magical and bright happens... so epic it blinds his attacker.

Image

Image

Page 10 (the last five pages are the actual instructions to merge the trailer)

Springer is shocked to see the gigantic upgrade Commander has acquired and decides "Hey, maybe now that he's a mobile fortress I'll attack him head on". Springer leaps at commander looking to cleave him in two when the new and improved POWERED COMMANDER catches the blade in one hand.

Image

Image

Page 11

Powered Commander and Springer struggle for control when suddenly something happens to Powered Commanders Spark Core. It reaches out and touches Springers. It shockingly reveals Springers pain to him and his reasons for his surprise attack. That dirt bag Starscream has Springers woman!

Image

Image

Page 12

As Powered Commander realizes Springers reasons for the attack he releases Springers sword and turns face. Shocked, Springer stands in awe of his opponents mercy. As Powered Commander looks back something mystical starts a reaction between the two combatants sparks. To be continued?

Image

Image

I hope this blew your mind like it did mine.

Stay tuned as MKall and I post a very revealing interview we had with Fans Project and what they have planned for the future!
Image

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
News Credits: 335
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Hey everyone, please bear in mind that we are working through some problems with new posts on the boards so anything news worthy regarding TFCon will be posted in this thread. I hope no one still has dial up...
Image

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
News Credits: 335
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:15 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Oh and it's not a Springer upgrade kit... it's a Springer ;)
Image

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
News Credits: 335
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby Narc » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:43 pm

FansProject hasn't failed us yet so I have high hopes for Springer. Hopefully they release the Rodimus armor soon.
Narc
Combiner
Posts: 412
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:03 am

Re: Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby It Is Him » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:45 pm

Down_Shift wrote:Hey everyone, please bear in mind that we are working through some problems with new posts on the boards so anything news worthy regarding TFCon will be posted in this thread. I hope no one still has dial up...


Thank god images can't be sent over telegraph.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

Image
BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
User avatar
It Is Him
City Commander
Posts: 3263
News Credits: 16
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: Omicron Persei 8

New Information From TFCon Panels.

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:53 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
First on the chopping block this year was Derrick J Wyatt, the Art Director and Lead Character Designer for Transformers Animated. Here are just a few things that we got out of it.

- Hasbro to comment on Animated season 4 and it's cancellation "at another convention"

- Derrick really wanted to do a Shattered Glass episode if only to have Fanzone say "This is why I love MACHINES!"

- Grandus will be in an episode, if only for a moment.

- Liked the idea of more Dinobots in later season, but didn't know what to do with "two Snarls"

- I asked if they had ever considered Downshift or any of the Omnibots for the Elite Guard. For some reason Derrick never once considered the Omnibots for Elite Guard members. Oh well, I suppose I can dream.



Next up was to bat was Dan Gilvezan, the unmistakable voice of Generation 1 Bumblebee. Not to mention Hot Spot, Outback, Snapdragon and a slew of others.

If anything was learned at this panel, it's that Dan has a sense of humor a mile wide. He was very comfortable in front of his fans and was very humble and grateful that he has touched so many over the last 25 years. He had many stories to tell, most of which were about Frank Welker screwing with the sound techs and Wally Burr boot camp stories.

He was very interactive with the fans, even getting up from behind the podium to come down and goof around with the fans.

One thing that really stands out to me and clearly the crowd was when Dan said he would love to get together with the remaining cast members and do a 90 minute special. We want that too Dan, we really really want that too!



Last but not least was the Hasbro Product Preview Panel. We were shown the official images of the first wave of figures and they're approximate street dates.

- Movie Preview Figures: May 15th.

- Wave one Scout, Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader are due out May 30th. Right on par with Botcon (and my birthday;))

- Vehicle only Devastator Gift Set will be released in late fall. Will consist of the following.

- Scavenger - Leader Class

- Mixmaster - Ultra

- Longhaul and Scrapper - Voyagers

- Hightower and Rampage - Deluxes.

- Store Exclusives - Released approximately the same week as the movie

- Autobot Whirl and Decepticon Bludgeon (Toys R' Us)

- Skywarp and Ramjet (Walmart)

- Non-movie combiners Superion and Bruticus (Zellers/Target)

- Teletoon Retro to start airing G1 season 1 starting May 18th @ 8:00 PM. Airing first 48 episodes during 24 marathon on June 13th.
Image

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
News Credits: 335
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: New Information From TFCon Panels.

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Down_Shift wrote:First on the chopping block this year was Derrick J Wyatt, the Art Director and Lead Character Designer for Transformers Animated. Here are just a few things that we got out of it.

- Hasbro to comment on Animated season 4 and it's cancellation "at another convention"

- Derrick really wanted to do a Shattered Glass episode if only to have Fanzone say "This is why I love MACHINES!"

- Grandus will be in an episode, if only for a moment.

- Liked the idea of more Dinobots in later season, but didn't know what to do with "two Snarls"

- I asked if they had ever considered Downshift or any of the Omnibots for the Elite Guard. For some reason Derrick never once considered the Omnibots for Elite Guard members. Oh well, I suppose I can dream.



Next up was to bat was Dan Gilvezan, the unmistakable voice of Generation 1 Bumblebee. Not to mention Hot Spot, Outback, Snapdragon and a slew of others.

If anything was learned at this panel, it's that Dan has a sense of humor a mile wide. He was very comfortable in front of his fans and was very humble and grateful that he has touched so many over the last 25 years. He had many stories to tell, most of which were about Frank Welker screwing with the sound techs and Wally Burr boot camp stories.

He was very interactive with the fans, even getting up from behind the podium to come down and goof around with the fans.

One thing that really stands out to me and clearly the crowd was when Dan said he would love to get together with the remaining cast members and do a 90 minute special. We want that too Dan, we really really want that too!



Last but not least was the Hasbro Product Preview Panel. We were shown the official images of the first wave of figures and they're approximate street dates.

- Movie Preview Figures: May 15th.

- Wave one Scout, Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader are due out May 30th. Right on par with Botcon (and my birthday;))

- Vehicle only Devastator Gift Set will be released in late fall. Will consist of the following.

- Scavenger - Leader Class

- Mixmaster - Ultra

- Longhaul and Scrapper - Voyagers

- Hightower and Rampage - Deluxes.

- Store Exclusives - Released approximately the same week as the movie

- Autobot Whirl and Decepticon Bludgeon (Toys R' Us)

- Skywarp and Ramjet (Walmart)

- Non-movie combiners Superion and Bruticus (Zellers/Target)

- Teletoon Retro to start airing G1 season 1 starting May 18th @ 8:00 PM. Airing first 48 episodes during 24 marathon on June 13th.


Okay, the Animated thing sounds like it has potential for hope. It also sounds like they're just passing the buck again and again until someone gets the balls to say "Look, we want ROTF money, screw you."

I'm a little concerned that there was no mention of Animated Arcee, Electrostatic Soundwave, or any other expected Animated TFs this year. But I've gotten used to the fact that we're due to be screwed by this turn of events.

As for ROTF:
- Movie Preview Figures: May 15th.
I was not expecting them to be coming out that late... A bit of a shocker.

- Wave one Scout, Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader are due out May 30th.
That's odd. We've seen reports of Robot Replicas and Robot Heroes being sighted. My guess is they're due out with Wave 2, and some stores will put them out as well, by accident.

- Vehicle only Devastator Gift Set will be released in late fall. Will consist of the following.

- Scavenger - Leader Class

- Mixmaster - Ultra

- Longhaul and Scrapper - Voyagers

- Hightower and Rampage - Deluxes.


Well that just proved it, Demolishor is NOT a part of the Constructicons, or at least has nothing to do with Devastator. A bit shocked, but who can figure out Hasbro?

Unless Demolishor becomes Scavenger. (I mean how else would they market two of the same alt mode, same colors, but have it be two different figures? ...something's not making sense here.

- Store Exclusives - Released approximately the same week as the movie

- Autobot Whirl and Decepticon Bludgeon (Toys R' Us)

- Skywarp and Ramjet (Walmart)

- Non-movie combiners Superion and Bruticus (Zellers/Target)


More boring repaints. Yay.

- Teletoon Retro to start airing G1 season 1 starting May 18th @ 8:00 PM. Airing first 48 episodes during 24 marathon on June 13th.


Impressive. Too bad we can't get Teletoon here. (or anywhere near here, for that matter.)

All in all, I'm not really that impressed with the news so far.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9051
News Credits: 668
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: New Information From TFCon Panels.

Postby Mkall » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:49 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Autobot032 wrote:All in all, I'm not really that impressed with the news so far.

Wellm we are in Canada, being told stuff by Greg who was told what to tell us, there wasn't even an interactive Q&A :(

I think botcon will have more info
Image

My Collection! Updated June 18, 2016
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11120
News Credits: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: New Information From TFCon Panels.

Postby It Is Him » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:12 pm

Autobot032 wrote:As for ROTF:
- Movie Preview Figures: May 15th.
I was not expecting them to be coming out that late... A bit of a shocker.


It's only 3 weeks away.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

Image
BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
User avatar
It Is Him
City Commander
Posts: 3263
News Credits: 16
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: Omicron Persei 8

Seibertron.com Exclusive - Sit Down Interview With FansProje

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:19 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
TFCon 09 - Today I was fortunate enough to have a personal interview with a representative from the good folks at Fans Project. We talked a little about how they got their start, how they do what they do, and what they have planned for the future.

Down_ShiftFirst off, let me thank you very much for taking the time to speak to us today. It will mean a lot to not only fans of Seibertron.com but all fans of your work. So far everything you've done as a company has been very well received. It must feel very good to know that what your doing is going over so well.

FansProjectIt does feel very good.

D_S - My first question is how does it feel to be at a Hasbro endorsed event knowing that your product is being sold as the convention exclusive?

FP - We don’t put much thought about it, we buy Hasbro toys just like everyone else. We love everything Transformers and are pleased to be a part of it.

D_S - How did you start FansProject? What made it come together?

FP - You know as a kid we all wanted to make our toys better? We did and still do. A small group of customizers found one another on the Internet and started talking. Soon we decided to try the CJ Upgrade kit to see how it would go.

D_S - Where is FansProject situated?

FP - Our manufacturing facilities are located in mainland China. Our team members are all over the world and communicate our ideas through the Internet to one another. We occasionally meet in person though. That’s a lot of fun.

D_S - I bet it is. You're literally living the dream. Now we know this plays into a big part of your lives but is this a full-time job for all of you or is this more a labor of love? Maybe it's both?

FP - We do Fansproject work as a hobby, not as a business. We all have full time jobs, and work on FansProject projects in our spare time.

D_S - How many people are on the FansProject staff?

FP - There's about 6 or 7 members on the actual design team.

D_S - How does it feel to have pioneered the field of 3rd-party customs?

FP - To be honest, it doesn’t really matter to us that we were the first in the field. It would not have mattered if we were #10. We do this because we enjoy it, not because it’s groundbreaking.

D_S - What's the decision process behind what you decide to make? I know I'd be all over the place. Too many wants and not enough time. heh.

FP - We do what we enjoy making. Of course we do enjoy pleasing the fans in the process and accept all suggestions. We evaluate all options based on the economics and logistics of production before we fully commit. We release images of our progress only when we are sure as we are sure that's the way we want to go.

D_S - So how much of the money made from the sale of a figure goes directly into producing future projects?

FP - Most of the money we make goes back into upcoming projects. This is our hobby after all so most of our money goes into future product designing and manufacturing costs. When we first did the CJ kit we lost money making it. But it got us out there. However we do buy lots of new figures for "product research". It's a business expense. Ha ha ha.

D_S - I would love to be able to write off my hobby. It's the perfect crime. If you could, please describe some of the future projects that we have been treated to today.

FP - G3 Trailer: The "stealth mode" is a recent idea and almost a money losing feature that we are adding to the trailer. It uses a reflective mirror-like substance that's not glass that is used to hide the trailer and also fits neatly inside. This way we have an answer to "where did the trailer go?" Has taken 2 years just to get to the stage we are at now.

Image

Image


- Protector: This stands a little shorter than City Commander, to be in scale with the rest of the line. If all goes well, it could see release by the end of year, however we will not announce certain release dates until mass production begins.

Image

Image

Image


- Defender: This will be our first stand alone figure. It is around the same height as a Deluxe figure and is a "three changer".

Image


- Collector: Second Stand alone figure. Collects "junk". Take a guess. More on this figure later.

Image


- Warbot/???: Will be a "three changer" as well. Not two seperate vehicle modes. Big.

Image



- GlacialBot: An Ice Aged themed combiner team that is very classic in design. We wanted to keep the retro flavor and taste that we grew up loving. Made of 5 figures so far. Mammoth, Deer, Sabertooth Tiger, Bear, & Rhino. These modes may change. Designing a Gestalt from the ground up is challenging work, but we think we have pulled it off with success.

Image

Image



- Superion Maximus Limbs Set: Each limb is meant to fit in with the plane mode. For example a hand converts to a bomb door when the robot is in plane mode. Accessories attach to plane modes for additional firepower.

Image


- Pharohbot: Lots of design sketches. May want to take it in another direction. We may release sketches one day to see if there is enough fan reaction to make it feasible.

D_S - I noticed that in the Powered Commander comic there are no words spoken. Just a dramatic sequence of events. Is there a specific reason for that?

FP - No time to come up with one actually, but and it and the art style turned out very well actually. Much like a Manga. We think it turned out very well.

D_S - Have there been any legal issues between FansProjects and Hasbro/Takara?

FP - No, we are making money off of it, but we're not in it for profit, and all profits go back into manufacturing. It`s a hobby and I think that's for the best. We haven't had any conversations with them at all, positive or negative, and that`s just fine with us.

D_S - What are your thoughts on iGear's City Commander upgrade package; an add-on to your add-on?

FP - We don't mind at all, there isn`t any right or wrong in this hobby. Of course we prefer that if there is a kit for our products, we'd like it to be of good quality.

D_S - So the 4th party KOs of your CJ kits don't bother you?

FP - Again, we don't look at the whole thing like a business, it hasn't hurt our feelings. Even Hasbro has knock offs you know.

D_S - With the appearance of some competition, how has that affected your strategies?

FP - It hasn`t; we do this for our enjoyment and the enjoyment of collectors. It doesn`t matter who else is out there.

D_S - How often do you expect to release new characters and products?

FP - We would prefer something new is released every 3-4 months, but we won't be willing to release something if we don't believe it meets our specifications. We are fans too, we wouldn't want something that doesn't meet our expectations.

D_S - After seeing the previews today I'm really excited about your upcoming projects. Would you be able to give us a release order?

FP - We will be releasing what is ready, whenever it is ready. Right now there isn't really a specific order.

D_S - How long does it take for a character to go from concept to shipping the final product?

FP - It has taken a long time, longer than fans think. We've been working on the G3 Trailer for 2 years now and had the first prototype of City Commander just as the CJ Upgrade package was released.

D_S - Do you have any plans to do kits outside of the Transformers line?

FP - Not at this time. We have too many ideas right now that are related to the Transformers lines.

D_S - Thank you so much for taking the time to sit down with us and share your experiences with us. Is there anything you'd like to say to the fans?

FP - We would like to thank everyone very much for the support. We hear lots of requests for what we should make, but at the same time we're doing what we love which means we have our say too. We never want to go against the fan's wishes but at the same time it all boils down to what we want to do. Thank you very much for the support!
Image

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
News Credits: 335
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: New Information From TFCon Panels.

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Autobot032 wrote:All in all, I'm not really that impressed with the news so far.


I think they are saving the big info for the bigger con. They even said they are saving the heavy answers for "another convention". In other words, Botcon.

I gotta say the ballsiest thing there was the guy selling the ROTF wave 1&2 legends figures.
Image

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
News Credits: 335
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: New Information From TFCon Panels.

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:54 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Mkall wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:All in all, I'm not really that impressed with the news so far.

Wellm we are in Canada, being told stuff by Greg who was told what to tell us, there wasn't even an interactive Q&A :(

I think botcon will have more info


Oh sorry, I didn't mean to make it seem like I was aiming that toward you guys.

I meant the info and the amount of news given to you was pure crap. For a convention with Q&A that costs money...I'd expect a bit more.

No, you guys did fine.

It Is Him wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:As for ROTF:
- Movie Preview Figures: May 15th.
I was not expecting them to be coming out that late... A bit of a shocker.


It's only 3 weeks away.


Oh I know that, but last time they had these out a month prior, and then released some Deluxes in honor of the second trailer, then the line itself.

This time, they're cutting it close. I'm guessing so the Preview wave doesn't shelfclog...

Down_Shift wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:All in all, I'm not really that impressed with the news so far.


I think they are saving the big info for the bigger con. They even said they are saving the heavy answers for "another convention". In other words, Botcon.

I gotta say the ballsiest thing there was the guy selling the ROTF wave 1&2 legends figures.


True, but they could've given this convention a bit of it's own juicy info. Something to show it's worth a damn too.

As for the guy selling the figures...that's..heh. Wow. Brass, through and through.

And the FP interview? Excellent info, excellent questions, but I detected a bit of an attitude from the FP guy (and I could be wrong since it's the internet, but I still get that..."feeling") and as for the projects themselves...impressive, but the more and more I see of Rodimus, the more and more I see he's like Ultra Magnus (I.E. not needed in my collection.)

I realize they've done an impressive job of updating him, and that Hot Rod pulling a trailer/camper thingamajig is pretty much what Rodimus has always been about, plus I realize they can only do so much with what they're given, but he really does look like Hot Rod pulling a trailer.

At least Rodimus (in '86) had some kind of a "truckish" thing going on there...this guy, not so much.

I'm sure the final product will look even better, but I was expecting like an add on piece that would convert the tail end of Hot Rod and fuse him with the trailer, while keeping the nose intact, but giving the appearance of an entirely different vehicle.

As it is now, you can clearly tell it's Hot Rod (spoiler sticking out, and all) shoved into the bottom of a box on wheels.

I know, I'm not explaining it right, but hopefully someone will get it and word it better.

EDIT: After looking at the pictures, I realize there is some positive stuff I got from all of this...

Wreck-Gar? Yes.

Springer? Yes. (Now that I know he's an actual figure, like A.R.C. Fembot.)

Autobot Twins Cloudraker and Fastlane? YES. (Double yes.)

The Glacier combiner? YES. (Oh hells yes.)

Rodimus is still iffy. I'll consider it right now, make a final decision when it's finally able to be seen in detail.

Now...tell me again why they can't make us an Arcee that blows A.R.C. out of the water? Seriously... Or for that matter...an Animated Arcee, in case Hasbro decides to tell us to get bent.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9051
News Credits: 668
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: New Information From TFCon Panels.

Postby Down_Shift » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:12 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Autobot032 wrote:
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to make it seem like I was aiming that toward you guys.

I meant the info and the amount of news given to you was pure crap. For a convention with Q&A that costs money...I'd expect a bit more.

No, you guys did fine.


Honestly, I did expect just a touch more of something else. Maybe in regards to more exclusives because that's something Canada gets boned on a lot.

Autobot032 wrote:And the FP interview? Excellent info, excellent questions, but I detected a bit of an attitude from the FP guy (and I could be wrong since it's the internet, but I still get that..."feeling") and as for the projects themselves...impressive, but the more and more I see of Rodimus, the more and more I see he's like Ultra Magnus (I.E. not needed in my collection.)


To tell you the honest truth, he was very polite. He was actually a lot of fun to talk to. I think he was just as excited to talk to us as we were to talk to him. There were even a few things talked about off the books that he's really excited about. I'd love to tell you all more but MKall and I were told not to say anything just yet. But I think everyone will be impressed.

Autobot032 wrote:I realize they've done an impressive job of updating him, and that Hot Rod pulling a trailer/camper thingamajig is pretty much what Rodimus has always been about, plus I realize they can only do so much with what they're given, but he really does look like Hot Rod pulling a trailer.

At least Rodimus (in '86) had some kind of a "truckish" thing going on there...this guy, not so much.

I'm sure the final product will look even better, but I was expecting like an add on piece that would convert the tail end of Hot Rod and fuse him with the trailer, while keeping the nose intact, but giving the appearance of an entirely different vehicle.

As it is now, you can clearly tell it's Hot Rod (spoiler sticking out, and all) shoved into the bottom of a box on wheels.

I know, I'm not explaining it right, but hopefully someone will get it and word it better.


Ha ha ha, I get what your saying. I was hoping to see a prototype here this year, but I'm happy with the images. But for me, I love seeing stuff like that.
Image

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
News Credits: 335
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: New Information From TFCon Panels.

Postby Autobot032 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:20 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Down_Shift wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
Oh sorry, I didn't mean to make it seem like I was aiming that toward you guys.

I meant the info and the amount of news given to you was pure crap. For a convention with Q&A that costs money...I'd expect a bit more.

No, you guys did fine.


Honestly, I did expect just a touch more of something else. Maybe in regards to more exclusives because that's something Canada gets boned on a lot.


Excellent point. Now that you mention it, kinda cheeses me off a bit more than before.

Down_Shift wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:And the FP interview? Excellent info, excellent questions, but I detected a bit of an attitude from the FP guy (and I could be wrong since it's the internet, but I still get that..."feeling") and as for the projects themselves...impressive, but the more and more I see of Rodimus, the more and more I see he's like Ultra Magnus (I.E. not needed in my collection.)


To tell you the honest truth, he was very polite. He was actually a lot of fun to talk to. I think he was just as excited to talk to us as we were to talk to him. There were even a few things talked about off the books that he's really excited about. I'd love to tell you all more but MKall and I were told not to say anything just yet. But I think everyone will be impressed.


Well then, I stand corrected. I'm glad to see he was a great guy to deal with. That alone makes me want to give someone my business. And if there's even more than what we've seen already...I might actually fall in love with G1 again.

Down_Shift wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I realize they've done an impressive job of updating him, and that Hot Rod pulling a trailer/camper thingamajig is pretty much what Rodimus has always been about, plus I realize they can only do so much with what they're given, but he really does look like Hot Rod pulling a trailer.

At least Rodimus (in '86) had some kind of a "truckish" thing going on there...this guy, not so much.

I'm sure the final product will look even better, but I was expecting like an add on piece that would convert the tail end of Hot Rod and fuse him with the trailer, while keeping the nose intact, but giving the appearance of an entirely different vehicle.

As it is now, you can clearly tell it's Hot Rod (spoiler sticking out, and all) shoved into the bottom of a box on wheels.

I know, I'm not explaining it right, but hopefully someone will get it and word it better.


Ha ha ha, I get what your saying. I was hoping to see a prototype here this year, but I'm happy with the images. But for me, I love seeing stuff like that.


Oh good. Glad someone got it. I was hoping I wasn't looking like an idiot out here. (Or at least no more than I usually do. lol)

I'm sure it'll be an impressive piece, plus all of the finer tweaks etc, but if it's about the same in the end as it is now in transition, I just can't part with that kind of dough. I'd have to find Classics Rodimus, then buy this trailer piece, etc. It really needs to wow me to do all that.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9051
News Credits: 668
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby Delicon » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:37 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Great work, Down_Shift and Mkall!

Seeing that Springer will indeed be a Triple Changer is very awesome and I can't wait for that Wreck Gar, either!

You gave us a lot of info, especially the Fans Project tidbits.

I'm already looking forward to Botcon where we will know a lot more.

(Of course, Brian Savage will just grimace every time someone asks him a question but oh well)
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2373
News Credits: 273
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Telford, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Re: Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby El Duque » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:51 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
As if I didn't love FansProject enough already. These new projects look incredible.
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9759
News Credits: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby Primacron's Little Helper » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:31 am

I think the stuff that FanProject are developing is far more exciting than anything Hasbro is doing, although I guess we'll find out more on that at Botcon.

I concur though on how incredible those projects look, interesting to see that the Energon Superion Maximus add-on is a FanProject project. That new combiner looks exciting as well, Predabots perhaps? (Some how a Decepticon Deer doesn't sound quite right.)
Primacron's Little Helper
Combiner
Posts: 408
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:17 pm

Re: Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby typh0id » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:43 am

Ooooh...FansProject is going to be getting a LOT of money from me...Rodimus Prime...Springer as an actual triplechanger...Wreck Gar...

It's almost painful how exciting all this is...
Image
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
User avatar
typh0id
Brainmaster
Posts: 1384
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:59 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby Oilspill » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:39 am

Damn, ever one of those sets looks awesome. Specially as I haven't purchased any of the repaint Springers (since they weren't triple changers - and thus weren't really Springer).

I may even have to go and buy a Superion now. Thanks FansProject. I love you but my wallet hates you :P
Image
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 807
News Credits: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:29 pm
Location: Western Australia

Re: New Information From TFCon Panels.

Postby Rodentus Prime » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:56 am

Autobot032 wrote:
Autobot Twins Cloudraker and Fastlane? YES. (Double yes.)


Looks more like a Broadside figure to me....

and is that a weapon kit pack for grimlock,hound and mirage I see in one of the pics - I hadn't heard about that before.
Image
Rodentus Prime
Vehicon
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:02 am

Re: New Information From TFCon Panels.

Postby Mkall » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:10 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Rodentus Prime wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
Autobot Twins Cloudraker and Fastlane? YES. (Double yes.)


Looks more like a Broadside figure to me....

and is that a weapon kit pack for grimlock,hound and mirage I see in one of the pics - I hadn't heard about that before.

Broadside yes

And those weapons will be coming with the G3 Trailer.
Image

My Collection! Updated June 18, 2016
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11120
News Credits: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:20 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Thanks for the info on the FansProject stuff, DownShift. I"m really geeked about all of it. Especially Rodimus and the energon combiner extras. Now it looks like I might need to pick up the Superion Maximus set that comes out with ROTF :grin:
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
User avatar
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
Posts: 2794
News Credits: 194
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:06 pm
Location: Saline, MI
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby Down_Shift » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:30 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Delicon wrote:Great work, Down_Shift and Mkall!

Seeing that Springer will indeed be a Triple Changer is very awesome and I can't wait for that Wreck Gar, either!

You gave us a lot of info, especially the Fans Project tidbits.

I'm already looking forward to Botcon where we will know a lot more.

(Of course, Brian Savage will just grimace every time someone asks him a question but oh well)



Thanks man. We were both really pumped to do this. It was kind of on a whim. I'm glad to see everyone so happy with the FP stuff. I know I am.

When I go back today there are a few more questions I want to ask about Wreck-Gar and Broadside.

I made sure to ask him, although I don't think I put it in the interview, about Broadside. He is infact a triple changer. I thought he was one bot and two separate vehicle modes, but he tells us that it is a true triple changer. Wreck-Gar on the other hand I forgot to ask questions about. I think I was trying to cover thej basics and forgot about the basics, ya know? In the picture you see two robots, one bike and one robot riding a bike. I need to clairify but I think Collector is two Junkions. It looks to me like it's either two robots combine into one big robot, or one robot one bike combine into one big robot. With a goatee.
Image

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
News Credits: 335
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 9:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby Narc » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:52 am

This is way cool! All these figures got me stoked! Everything these guys touch seem to turn to gold. The Superion add-on is a definite must for this gestalt to look decent and the fact that these limbs integrate into the alt-modes is perfect. Rodimus is another must. Not too sure about the stand-alones just yet but knowing these guys are coming is exciting. FP has my money on them. Oooh, my aching wallet. :D
Narc
Combiner
Posts: 412
News Credits: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:03 am

Re: Roumer: New FansProject kit previewed - Springer??

Postby DevastaTTor » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:28 am

Great interview. Nice of them to reveal so much of their future work.

Got to say, I like the direction the Rodimus armor is heading. Definitely going to pick it up. Not sure about the other figures they're going to release. Perhaps the Collector just because I've never had a Wreckgar and this one looks very anime/classic in style. The others will be a wait and see.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
User avatar
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
Posts: 2991
News Credits: 198
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 am
Location: GA, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
Twincast / Podcast #262:
"Generational Taxonomy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon - MechTech Barricade (Hasbro 2011) Unopened" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Autocracy Trilogy by Chris Metzen; Flint Dille" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WFC-E30 LEGENDS FASTLANE & CLOUDRAKER 2 PACK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie MD-10 Rekkeji Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 1985 Jetfire Parts Lot Leg Guard Fender Jet Fire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Deluxe Lot - Air Raid, Thundercracker, Bumblebee, Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Mechtech Barricade" on EBAY