Takara Legends Manga Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:52 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Thanks for the link to the translation sabr!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 7849
News Credits: 138
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:06 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
To elaborate, all of the following seen in Part Two are actually living toys:

Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy (maybe even Encore Big Convoy)
Some version of Movie Bumblebee from the first trilogy
Animated Bumblebee
Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Bumblebee
Masterpiece Bumblebee
Generations Thrilling 30 Bumblebee
1992 G1 Thunder Clash
1992 G1 Skyquake
Presumably the four Predators and one other European toy from 1992
Cyber Battalion Jetfire
Sedan (green variant)
Salt-Man X or Robot-Man X (red variant)
Pick-Up (green and purple variant)
1985 G1 Dirge
Super-Base class Armada Optimus Prime
Energon Optimus Prime combined with Wing Saber in their flight mode
Leader class Cybertron Optimus Prime
Japanese Animated Wingblade Optimus Prime
Beast Wars Neo Magmatron
Energon Megatron or Super Link Galvatron (these were two distinct toys from each other)
Cybertron Megatron
TLK Megatron (probably the Leader class toy)
Encore Returns Convoy
1984 Hasbro G1 Megatron (or some later reissue of it that uses the red plastic parts)
1984 G1 Starscream
1984 G1 Optimus Prime
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30513
News Credits: 273
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:28 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
It's interesting that the Jumpstarters should mention Dai Atlas. Fans have been speculating for a long while now that a retool of the Titans Return Black Shadow/Gigatron mold would make for a fantastic updated Dai Atlas. Could be another possible Legends EX release coming down the line? I still hope that Takara is going to make me very happy by making those releasing the Autobot Targetmasters now that they have shown off their "virtual" redecos in the manga.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
Gestalt
Posts: 2909
News Credits: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maplewood, MN
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:31 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wolfman Jake wrote:It's interesting that the Jumpstarters should mention Dai Atlas.
It's because he's their leader, what with Topspin and Twin Twist being Powered Masters in Japanese continuity.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30513
News Credits: 273
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:08 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I think we fans should lessen our hope for these figures, going from "Come on Takara!" To "it would be nice if they did but whatever will be, will be"

The more we get our hope up, the more it'll be dashed when it falls apart.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 7849
News Credits: 138
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
ZeroWolf wrote:I think we fans should lessen our hope for these figures, going from "Come on Takara!" To "it would be nice if they did but whatever will be, will be"

The more we get our hope up, the more it'll be dashed when it falls apart.


I'm going to remain recklessly optimistic for right now. Dai Atlas is a far-fetched flight of fancy, yes, but those Autobot Targetmasters are not too unlikely, especially since they have now been featured in the Legends comic, complete with virtual redecos of contemporary toys.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
Gestalt
Posts: 2909
News Credits: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maplewood, MN
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:09 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
New online manga for LG-EX Grotess (Grotusque) & Repug (Repugnus) from TakaraTomy Mall!

https://takaratomymall.jp/img/goods/4904810120193/comic.pdf

It's in PDF form, so I can't embed its pages here as images.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30513
News Credits: 273
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

New Online Manga for LG-EX Grotess (Grotusque) & Repug (Repugnus)

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:30 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Thanks to Seibertronian Sabrblade, we have news that a new chapter of the Takara Legends Manga is now available, in PDF form on TakaraTomyMall, featuring the Monsterbots! The Manga is 5 pages long and shows off the Monsterbots, most prominently Grotess (Grotusque) & Repug (Repugnus), as they are the figures intended to be sold with this comic. The comic features plenty of battle beasts, and even includes some characters such as Bumblebee and Jetfire, along with some Headmasters. The comic also shows off some fun reimaginings of toys we got as new characters or characters we were rumored to get but never did, like Toraizer.

Check out the Mange below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!! Don't make me Axe you again.Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 14010
News Credits: 1194
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby carytheone » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
That comic makes me yern for a Battle Beast reboot!

I forget, does the Tak Repug come with the same Head Master as the Hasbro Repugnus. Basically, just Dastard? The comic makes it seem like a different character. Of course considering I can't read it and I kept going from left to right means I was a little lost.

Well to the Google mobile to search it out.

Edit: found what I was looking for. Just straight re-release.
User avatar
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7062
News Credits: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: desk
Alt Mode: over-sized paperweight

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
carytheone wrote:That comic makes me yern for a Battle Beast reboot!

I forget, does the Tak Repug come with the same Head Master as the Hasbro Repugnus. Basically, just Dastard? The comic makes it seem like a different character. Of course considering I can't read it and I kept going from left to right means I was a little lost.

Well to the Google mobile to search it out.
Yes. The head is the same as the Hasbro Dastard version, but the one he uses in this comic is instead the Titan Master version instead of Dastard. Though, Takara is treating Dastard not as himself but instead as the hedgehog Beastformer named, uh, Hedgehog. Likewise, Grotusque's little headmaster Fengul is treated by Takara as the Beastformer named Platinum Tiger.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30513
News Credits: 273
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby carytheone » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:20 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Sabrblade wrote:
carytheone wrote:That comic makes me yern for a Battle Beast reboot!

I forget, does the Tak Repug come with the same Head Master as the Hasbro Repugnus. Basically, just Dastard? The comic makes it seem like a different character. Of course considering I can't read it and I kept going from left to right means I was a little lost.

Well to the Google mobile to search it out.
Yes. The head is the same as the Hasbro Dastard version, but the one he uses in this comic is instead the Titan Master version instead of Dastard. Though, Takara is treating Dastard not as himself but instead as the hedgehog Beastformer named, uh, Hedgehog. Likewise, Grotusque's little headmaster Fengul is treated by Takara as the Beastformer named Platinum Tiger.
Ah, cool, thanks.the little purple robot riding in his chest was throwing me.
User avatar
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7062
News Credits: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: desk
Alt Mode: over-sized paperweight

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:22 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Repugnus Hb robot head fits well/proportional when combined with the headmaster characer of the Legends line. I performed robotic surgery in other words.

The Head/titanmaster utilizing the animation model style is waaaaaaaay too big /not proportional when used on the Repugnus transtector.
Buy Official Hb/TakaraTitancityformers at retail price or else the 3rd party makers win!

"Shelfwarming"
Btw, its been nearly a year now and TR Soundwave and Blaster aren't moving in the shelve of TRU, is that shelfwarming or what?


_ _ _ _ . ._ _ . ._. ...._ _ _. _ _ _._. ._. .. _ . . . ._ . _ . _ _ _ _ . ..... . _ ..._. . . . _ _ . _ . . _. ._ _ _ _ _ _ _ . _ _ _ _._ _ . . ._..._.. . . ._ _ _ . _ _ _ _ ._ _ _ . . . . _ _ _ .. _ _ _.. _ - _ __ _ _ _. .
User avatar
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10540
News Credits: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:40 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
carytheone wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
carytheone wrote:That comic makes me yern for a Battle Beast reboot!

I forget, does the Tak Repug come with the same Head Master as the Hasbro Repugnus. Basically, just Dastard? The comic makes it seem like a different character. Of course considering I can't read it and I kept going from left to right means I was a little lost.

Well to the Google mobile to search it out.
Yes. The head is the same as the Hasbro Dastard version, but the one he uses in this comic is instead the Titan Master version instead of Dastard. Though, Takara is treating Dastard not as himself but instead as the hedgehog Beastformer named, uh, Hedgehog. Likewise, Grotusque's little headmaster Fengul is treated by Takara as the Beastformer named Platinum Tiger.
Ah, cool, thanks.the little purple robot riding in his chest was throwing me.
Oh, no, that purple dude is Toraizer, a non-toy redeco of Lione/Sawback. Hedgehog is the guy wearing Spike's Exosuit on Page 2, riding the Titan Master Vehicle of Repugnus with little Headmaster Repugnus himself.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30513
News Credits: 273
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Flashwave » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:44 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I so want to be excited about all the random cameos, Marissa abd her daughter, the random magic tranforming boat lady tagging along with SeaSpray, the Battle Beasts abd random HeadMasters, but I have no bloody clue whats happening here. And is Grotuaque arguing with his Titan Master dude at one point?
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
Gestalt
Posts: 2900
News Credits: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Skritz » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:50 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
carytheone wrote:That comic makes me yern for a Battle Beast reboot!

I forget, does the Tak Repug come with the same Head Master as the Hasbro Repugnus. Basically, just Dastard? The comic makes it seem like a different character. Of course considering I can't read it and I kept going from left to right means I was a little lost.

Well to the Google mobile to search it out.
Yes. The head is the same as the Hasbro Dastard version, but the one he uses in this comic is instead the Titan Master version instead of Dastard. Though, Takara is treating Dastard not as himself but instead as the hedgehog Beastformer named, uh, Hedgehog. Likewise, Grotusque's little headmaster Fengul is treated by Takara as the Beastformer named Platinum Tiger.
Ah, cool, thanks.the little purple robot riding in his chest was throwing me.
Oh, no, that purple dude is Toraizer, a non-toy redeco of Lione/Sawback.


Wasn't he planned for Titans Return but scrapped?
User avatar
Skritz
Headmaster
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:40 am

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:34 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Skritz wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
carytheone wrote:That comic makes me yern for a Battle Beast reboot!

I forget, does the Tak Repug come with the same Head Master as the Hasbro Repugnus. Basically, just Dastard? The comic makes it seem like a different character. Of course considering I can't read it and I kept going from left to right means I was a little lost.

Well to the Google mobile to search it out.
Yes. The head is the same as the Hasbro Dastard version, but the one he uses in this comic is instead the Titan Master version instead of Dastard. Though, Takara is treating Dastard not as himself but instead as the hedgehog Beastformer named, uh, Hedgehog. Likewise, Grotusque's little headmaster Fengul is treated by Takara as the Beastformer named Platinum Tiger.
Ah, cool, thanks.the little purple robot riding in his chest was throwing me.
Oh, no, that purple dude is Toraizer, a non-toy redeco of Lione/Sawback.


Wasn't he planned for Titans Return but scrapped?


He was, along with Optimus Primal.

The Monsterbot Titan Masters have always been treated as Battle Beasts in Legends, while the Headmaster Warrior ones have been possessed by the evil Laser Beasts:

Daburu: recast as White Leo aka Pirate Lion
Fengul: recast as Platina Tiger aka Saber Sword Tiger.
Dastard: o no, not yet, Repugnus hasn't been bonded yet. Dastard is modeled after Hedgehog aka Prickly Porcupine, yes, but he is wearing Spike's suit for the time being.

Lione: was possessed by Tigerburn
Toraizer: was possessed by Scope Cougar
Shuffler: turns out he was possessed by Skull Grotess... HAH, Grotess piloting Grotusque, so cheeky :lol:

Another thing: Grotusque can speak while Platina Tiger is outside of Head Mode. That's a first. :shock: He does seem less of a joker now tho...
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

If anyone has a spare TR Furos, CW Dead End, CW Brawl or Swindle, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16426
News Credits: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby ThunderThruster » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:54 am

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Flashwave wrote:I so want to be excited about all the random cameos, (1)Marissa abd her daughter, (2)the random magic tranforming boat lady tagging along with SeaSpray, the Battle Beasts abd random HeadMasters, but I have no bloody clue whats happening here.

1) Spotted Marissa, but her daughter? When was she introduced to the franchise?
2) Alana, Seaspray's Tlalakan "girlfriend".

Flashwave wrote:And is Grotuaque arguing with his Titan Master dude at one point?

Certainly looks like it.
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.

Image
User avatar
ThunderThruster
Gestalt
Posts: 2600
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:56 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:09 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
ThunderThruster wrote:1) Spotted Marissa, but her daughter? When was she introduced to the franchise?
2016, with her first appearance being in the little pack-in comic page that came with Unite Warriors Convoy Grand Prime - https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sue_Faireborn
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30513
News Credits: 273
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:40 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Another cameo I just realized, not of a character, but of a concept: Platina Tiger's "glass shattering" thing is his new dimension warping ability, taken from the Blendtrons in the Beast Wars Neo anime.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

If anyone has a spare TR Furos, CW Dead End, CW Brawl or Swindle, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16426
News Credits: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:45 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Another cameo I just realized, not of a character, but of a concept: Platina Tiger's "glass shattering" thing is his new dimension warping ability, taken from the Blendtrons in the Beast Wars Neo anime.
You sure it's not related to his previously being trapped inside the Holography Mirror?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30513
News Credits: 273
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Seibertron » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:11 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
carytheone wrote:That comic makes me yern for a Battle Beast reboot!


But only if they do the wood/fire/water rubsigns and they're part of the Transformers line and are modern updates to the originals! I did not like the line that Takara did a few years back.
Image

Want List: Browning, Dai Atlas and the Big Powered Giftset, Galaxy Shuttle, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 12684
News Credits: 3343
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby carytheone » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:18 am

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Seibertron wrote:
carytheone wrote:That comic makes me yern for a Battle Beast reboot!
But only if they do the wood/fire/water rubsigns and they're part of the Transformers line and are modern updates to the originals! I did not like the line that Takara did a few years back.
YES, Fire/Wood/Water rubsigns all day! I'm ok if they are not part of the TF universe, but if so all the sweeter. I never knew they were related until recently. From what I've seen of the last line, it didn't look up my alley.

I'm thinking just the original line-up, bigger, more articulation, maybe a removable/swap-able/upgrade-able armor gimmick. Could share the same weapon gimmick as Siege. Bring back all of their vehicles/playsets (transformable?).

Ah, it's fun to randomly speculate isn't it :-?
User avatar
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7062
News Credits: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: desk
Alt Mode: over-sized paperweight

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:23 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Another cameo I just realized, not of a character, but of a concept: Platina Tiger's "glass shattering" thing is his new dimension warping ability, taken from the Blendtrons in the Beast Wars Neo anime.
You sure it's not related to his previously being trapped inside the Holography Mirror?


Could be too. Fiction is your niche after all. :)
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

If anyone has a spare TR Furos, CW Dead End, CW Brawl or Swindle, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16426
News Credits: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:27 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Another cameo I just realized, not of a character, but of a concept: Platina Tiger's "glass shattering" thing is his new dimension warping ability, taken from the Blendtrons in the Beast Wars Neo anime.
You sure it's not related to his previously being trapped inside the Holography Mirror?


Could be too. Fiction is your niche after all. :)
At this point, I'm still just waiting for the Wiki to get a summary up so we can finally learn exactly what's going on in this.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30513
News Credits: 273
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Legends Manga Thread

Postby ThunderThruster » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:42 pm

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Sabrblade wrote:
ThunderThruster wrote:1) Spotted Marissa, but her daughter? When was she introduced to the franchise?
2016, with her first appearance being in the little pack-in comic page that came with Unite Warriors Convoy Grand Prime - https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sue_Faireborn

Thanks for the info Sabrblade. Not sure how to handle it though...
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.

Image
User avatar
ThunderThruster
Gestalt
Posts: 2600
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:56 am
Location: Nottingham

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
Twincast / Podcast #213:
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Age OF Extinction Movie 4 Deluxe Class Scorn MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age OF Extinction Movie 4 Deluxe Class High Octane Bumblebee MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction AOE Voyager Class Slog MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 AOE AD17 DARKSIDE SOUNDWAVE Deluxe Movie Advanced Takara Mercedes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Generations AOE Voyager DINOBOT SLOG Hasbro Dinosaur Movie Age" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Power Battler CANNON BLAST HIGH OCTANE BUMBLEBEE Hasbro Movie" on EBAY
Buy "STRAFE - Action Figure - TRANSFORMERS - Age of Extinction - TRU EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "GRIMLOCK Dinobot Rescue Bot TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise 2015" on EBAY