The TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE Comes to Theaters Nationwide on September 27 Only Courtesy Fathom Events

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE Comes to Theaters Nationwide on September 27 Only Courtesy Fathom Events

Postby carytheone » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Greetings,

I'm having trouble trying to find online any figures on how much the movie made last night. I'd be curious to know. boxofficemojo just posted Thursday estimates, and TF:TM wasn't on there, sometimes movies are added later, but if anyone has any stat references, this would be appreciated. Just wondering if it was a profitable enough to warrant any future screenings.
I wouldn't imagine such findings would be readily (if at all) available for such small-scaled limited special event releases like this, since this release wasn't intended to make a profit like any normal film release is; rather, this was just a special commemoration event coupled with hype-building for the next major film release.
My city only had two theaters showing the film and we didn't have a showing until they added additional theaters.

The one I choose wasn't even half full.

How was the turn out elsewhere?
User avatar
carytheone
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7049
News Credits: 109
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: desk
Alt Mode: over-sized paperweight

Re: The TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE Comes to Theaters Nationwide on September 27 Only Courtesy Fathom Events

Postby dragons » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:21 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Greetings,

I'm having trouble trying to find online any figures on how much the movie made last night. I'd be curious to know. boxofficemojo just posted Thursday estimates, and TF:TM wasn't on there, sometimes movies are added later, but if anyone has any stat references, this would be appreciated. Just wondering if it was a profitable enough to warrant any future screenings.
I wouldn't imagine such findings would be readily (if at all) available for such small-scaled limited special event releases like this, since this release wasn't intended to make a profit like any normal film release is; rather, this was just a special commemoration event coupled with hype-building for the next major film release.


Only people who will choose see this movie are people who know about transformers fan sites such as this one and family’s who have kids that watch cartoons not many adults I know will watch cartoons and read comics but they are happy and proud to say to see live action movies of transformers I say under million possibly thousand I don’t know how many theaters this movie was playing in to give good estimate
Image
dragons
Gestalt
Posts: 2945
News Credits: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Re: The TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE Comes to Theaters Nationwide on September 27 Only Courtesy Fathom Events

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:37 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
dragons wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Greetings,

I'm having trouble trying to find online any figures on how much the movie made last night. I'd be curious to know. boxofficemojo just posted Thursday estimates, and TF:TM wasn't on there, sometimes movies are added later, but if anyone has any stat references, this would be appreciated. Just wondering if it was a profitable enough to warrant any future screenings.
I wouldn't imagine such findings would be readily (if at all) available for such small-scaled limited special event releases like this, since this release wasn't intended to make a profit like any normal film release is; rather, this was just a special commemoration event coupled with hype-building for the next major film release.


Only people who will choose see this movie are people who know about transformers fan sites such as this one and family’s who have kids that watch cartoons not many adults I know will watch cartoons and read comics but they are happy and proud to say to see live action movies of transformers I say under million possibly thousand I don’t know how many theaters this movie was playing in to give good estimate
None of what you said has anything to do with the availability/accessibility of box office estimates (which is what o. supreme was talking about).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30496
News Credits: 272
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE Comes to Theaters Nationwide on September 27 Only Courtesy Fathom Events

Postby Flashwave » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:46 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
My Theater was "comfortably full". That is, not every seat was filled, but it still felt crowded. Sound aside, I had a good time. It felt almost like a Con afterwards, the c9mraderie and the stories. I listened to one group of guys who mentioned how all og tjier kids have baby pictures next to Fort Max; or why timr they got here, and when I mentionwd I was almost there and decided to check Target for new Bee toys and a hunch of people tuened around and asked If I found anything. (No, but Novastar was at Wal-Mart). Outside, someone driving shouted Till all Are One to a groupof us chatting, and another group talking about how we were going to have hoverboards by 2005 and a lady said "I forgot the kids name", eberyone shouted Daniel, and I said "Well clearly she's a Decepticon." to a round of laughter. And the guy who when he saw it in 86, at age 7 turned to his Mom in theater and asked her what "Fatal" meant. It made me miss Botcons and talking with Transfans. And sound aside, it was awesome getting to see it on a screen bigger than my Laptop. Would I do it again? in a heartbeat
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
Gestalt
Posts: 2900
News Credits: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: The TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE Comes to Theaters Nationwide on September 27 Only Courtesy Fathom Events

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Flashwave wrote:My Theater was "comfortably full". That is, not every seat was filled, but it still felt crowded. Sound aside, I had a good time. It felt almost like a Con afterwards, the c9mraderie and the stories. I listened to one group of guys who mentioned how all og tjier kids have baby pictures next to Fort Max; or why timr they got here, and when I mentionwd I was almost there and decided to check Target for new Bee toys and a hunch of people tuened around and asked If I found anything. (No, but Novastar was at Wal-Mart). Outside, someone driving shouted Till all Are One to a groupof us chatting, and another group talking about how we were going to have hoverboards by 2005 and a lady said "I forgot the kids name", eberyone shouted Daniel, and I said "Well clearly she's a Decepticon." to a round of laughter. And the guy who when he saw it in 86, at age 7 turned to his Mom in theater and asked her what "Fatal" meant. It made me miss Botcons and talking with Transfans. And sound aside, it was awesome getting to see it on a screen bigger than my Laptop. Would I do it again? in a heartbeat
Wonderful anecdotes like this make me almost wish I had decided to go out and see the movie it last night, if nothing else than for that kind of fan interaction. But I'm just so burned out on this movie from having seen it a million times over already that I just didn't feel compelled to go.

Nor was I willing to risk potentially running into the kind of fans who only prefer G1 and deride all else that came after it, as I know all too good and well that my city has a sizable number of fans of that bitter kind, and past experiences of trying to engage in civil conversations with such fans have not been pleasant.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30496
News Credits: 272
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: The TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE Comes to Theaters Nationwide on September 27 Only Courtesy Fathom Events

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I'd say including my group there were 9 people in the theater. No poster, no trivia which wouldn't have been that bad if it wasn't for the fact I felt they used the non remastered version of the movie. It just looked off from the Blu-ray.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5482
News Credits: 177
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: The TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE Comes to Theaters Nationwide on September 27 Only Courtesy Fathom Events

Postby o.supreme » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:31 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Greetings,

I'm having trouble trying to find online any figures on how much the movie made last night. I'd be curious to know. boxofficemojo just posted Thursday estimates, and TF:TM wasn't on there, sometimes movies are added later, but if anyone has any stat references, this would be appreciated. Just wondering if it was a profitable enough to warrant any future screenings.
I wouldn't imagine such findings would be readily (if at all) available for such small-scaled limited special event releases like this, since this release wasn't intended to make a profit like any normal film release is; rather, this was just a special commemoration event coupled with hype-building for the next major film release.


Boxofficemojo had figures for My Hero Academia, which was also a limited release, though it was more than one day, still -They do have figures for smaller, limited releases, also those figures MUST be somewhere,

there are movie critics, that are able to get figures for movies that play only on ONE SCREEN in big cities like NY & LA.

I;m sure it made somewhere in the hundred-thousands range for a single evening, BOMJ has BO results for turnouts much less than that, but they don't seem to show TF:TM for some reason...
Image
o.supreme
Gestalt
Posts: 2750
News Credits: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
Twincast / Podcast #213:
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "Depth Charge Transformers Collectors Club Exclusive Mint in Sealed Bag 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collectors Club TFCC Ramjet - Exclusive 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee vs Long Haul 100% Complete Movie ROTF series Robot Heroes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Brawn Complete Legends Universe 2 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Broadside Blunderbuss MISB Voyager Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Broadside Blunderbuss 100% Complete Voyager Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Brawn Sealed MISB MOSC Legends Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Brawn Complete Legends Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY