Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Henry921 » Sun May 15, 2016 12:08 am

Motto: "All I have to be is exceptional."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I just want to say, before I read commenys, or the lis itself, the first thing I did was make sure "Code of Hero" was first.
Considering my love for Dinobot, there's no way Code wouldn't be my number one. But I'd hate to think what the replies woulda been if I hadn't :lol:
In all honesty, I wouldn't have been bothered if "Code of Hero" had been listed as #2 instead as #1, but in which case the #1 episode would have had to have some darn good justification for its trumping "Code of Hero" (and said justification could not be rooted in any kind of G1 fanservice).



I'm a massive Dinobot fanboy, but I could see a case made for "The Agenda" being the best in the series. It's one of the best pieces of Transformers fiction period: great character interaction, good use of continuity both in-season (Blackarachnia and the data tracks, the transwarp wave front) and in the wider context of the series (past Earth, the Tripredacus Council and the Pax Cybertronia) and for bridging itself to the broader G1 continuity. And it's still a great 90 minutes of TV without knowing all the little references and details, with lots of twists and turns, quietly building tensions with the Maximals and their alliance with Ravage and Blackarachnia's detour and Silverbolt's going AWOL, and the absolute best (worst?) cliffhanger ever.

I'd still put it at #2, though. :-P
User avatar
Henry921
Brainmaster
Posts: 1355
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Insurgent » Sun May 15, 2016 2:43 am

Insurgent wrote:To be honest, the only time they weren't there when it counted was Coming of the Fuzors, and that was because they left at the start of the episode to see what damage the Planetbuster had done and to try to find more stasis pods, since they had all just come crashing down.
To me, it was strategically unsound. Search for stasis pods in the immediate area, sure. But don't go on a lovers retreat right after the you lose your leader and the game has completely changed. They shoulda stayed close and within radio contact range at least.[/quote]

True, but we've seen in the past the Maximals don't exactly make good command decisions when bossbot ain't there.


And to the comment about rampage character in transmutate being forgotten? This was the first episode to feature him properly after his introduction. It showed he's a tortured soul who can sense the pain and misery in others and uses that to feed his own soul. In transmutate he found another soul that was being misunderstood, someone with the same kind of tortured suffering in her soul but was too innocent to realise it. He never bonded with anyone else because he didn't mseet anyone else like that but the personality traits they instilled in him in that episode became his signature. And his voice acting was magnificent. To me, transmutate is a high ranked not because of the transmutate character, but because of the impact she had on silverbolt and rampage.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Image
User avatar
Insurgent
City Commander
Posts: 3075
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Shuttershock » Sun May 15, 2016 11:45 am

Good list. A lot of my favorites on here. Fallen Comrades was a surprise, but I like your arguments for it.

Personally I'd substitute it for Law of the Jungle, which dealt with collateral damage, pacifism and responsibility for those with strength to fight. Plus it was one of the few times I liked Tigatron and I liked how he and Inferno are foils of each other in that one.

My own thoughts aside, I enjoyed this list. Good job! :APPLAUSE:
Shuttershock
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:48 pm
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby kurthy » Sun May 15, 2016 11:49 am

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Insurgent wrote:True, but we've seen in the past the Maximals don't exactly make good command decisions when bossbot ain't there.

This is what makes me love Beast Wars so much more (and Animated as well). They don't have a Prime with the Matrix of Leadership, most of them are making it up as they go along. They make mistakes, get called on them, and learn!

It also helps me like the Vok more because of they're lack of resolution. In life, we don't always get resolution. Maybe the Vok got taken out by some bigger enemy before they had a chance to land a bigger blow. It only would have been better if they had noted the lack of resolution near the end of the series. Like it's a good thing they didn't completely destroy the earth because they would have blown up the autobots, too. Yeah, I wonder why they haven't done anything lately. Rattrap shrugs. END SCENE.
kurthy
Targetmaster
Posts: 659
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:51 pm
Location: Iowa City, IA
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Insurgent » Sun May 15, 2016 11:58 am

You just made me realise, the Vok, who tried to stop the destruction of the timeline at the end, tried to crack open the earth, which would have triggered the very time storm they later try to avert. I guess they didn't realise what blowing up the Earth would have done until they saw first hand the Time Storm erupt at the end of Agenda.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Image
User avatar
Insurgent
City Commander
Posts: 3075
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby kurthy » Sun May 15, 2016 12:09 pm

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
Great list , Shaj!

I really wouldn't have cared if you had any episode listed in the top ten or if you had excluded Code. It's my favorite transformers series and I wouldn't personally be able to consistently rank the episodes in an order because most of the series does such a great job building characters. You did a great job explaining your thought process, so I like the list. WJ usually does a great job, too (I don't post that enough)!

I've already turned my son into a BW fan and he's only seen the first 10 or so episodes. And I just completed his season 1 Axalon crew the other day with a Classics Dinobot. I need to buy BW on dvd at some point along with Animated.

This list makes me salivate even more for MP Primal and Cheetor!
kurthy
Targetmaster
Posts: 659
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:51 pm
Location: Iowa City, IA
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby shajaki » Sun May 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Thanks for the kind words everyone. And the insight everyone is providing is almost priceless 8-}
User avatar
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9875
News Credits: 293
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Shuttershock » Sun May 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Henry921 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I just want to say, before I read commenys, or the lis itself, the first thing I did was make sure "Code of Hero" was first.
Considering my love for Dinobot, there's no way Code wouldn't be my number one. But I'd hate to think what the replies woulda been if I hadn't :lol:
In all honesty, I wouldn't have been bothered if "Code of Hero" had been listed as #2 instead as #1, but in which case the #1 episode would have had to have some darn good justification for its trumping "Code of Hero" (and said justification could not be rooted in any kind of G1 fanservice).



I'm a massive Dinobot fanboy, but I could see a case made for "The Agenda" being the best in the series. It's one of the best pieces of Transformers fiction period: great character interaction, good use of continuity both in-season (Blackarachnia and the data tracks, the transwarp wave front) and in the wider context of the series (past Earth, the Tripredacus Council and the Pax Cybertronia) and for bridging itself to the broader G1 continuity. And it's still a great 90 minutes of TV without knowing all the little references and details, with lots of twists and turns, quietly building tensions with the Maximals and their alliance with Ravage and Blackarachnia's detour and Silverbolt's going AWOL, and the absolute best (worst?) cliffhanger ever.

I'd still put it at #2, though. :-P


I'd be inclined to agree about the Agenda. One thing that always stuck with me about it was the subdued scenes from part 2, with Primal calling Silverbolt's judgement into question and Megatron slowly turning Ravage to his side despite his confinement. They're very atypical scenes for BW an BW and some of my favorite interactions.

Plus for me, it doesn't get better than the season cliffhanger that threatens the very fabric of TIME AND SPACE!
Shuttershock
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:48 pm
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby First-Aid » Sun May 15, 2016 2:13 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
"The Low Road" didn't make the list? Damnit! Who cares about deep, meaningful characters and plot development when you can have a planet-shaking, Predacon-smashing, giant ENERGON FART?!?!?!? ;)^ ;)^ ;)^ ;)^ ;)^
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3422
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 15, 2016 11:01 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
After re-watching most of season 1 (just got one more episode to go), I would honestly not consider "Possession" to be anywhere near the top 10 best episodes, as it really did not contribute anything of real substance to the show and is only really remembered because of how much of a G1 fanservice episode it was, which is a far cry from what made Beast Wars so great. It as predominately just a filler episode that could be taken out with almost nothing of value lost.

Now, three episodes that stand out to me from season 1 that A) are not on this list and B) are ones that I didn't really think that much about as a kid but now do think very highly of are "Call of the Wild", "Dark Voyage", and "Law of the Jungle".
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30525
News Credits: 273
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Insurgent » Mon May 16, 2016 2:59 am

But Posession has Primal say "Hasta La Vista" while wearing Sunglasses all Arnie like!


To be honest, most of season 1 can be classed as 'filler' as although there were onging threads mainly focusing on the Vok, most of that series didn't have ongoing plot. What made it seem like it did was the characters remembered the events of the past episodes
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Image
User avatar
Insurgent
City Commander
Posts: 3075
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon May 16, 2016 4:20 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
First-Aid wrote:"The Low Road" didn't make the list? Damnit! Who cares about deep, meaningful characters and plot development when you can have a planet-shaking, Predacon-smashing, giant ENERGON FART?!?!?!? ;)^ ;)^ ;)^ ;)^ ;)^

In all seriousness, that was the funniest and one of the best humored episodes done! I loved it! Code of Hero was always meant to be the best followed by Nemesis and The Agenda, but "The Low Road" was always one of my favorites. The energon fart was just the hilarious icing on top of a large multi-layered cake :lol: :lol: :lol: :MAXIMAL:
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!! Don't make me Axe you again.Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 14010
News Credits: 1194
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Insurgent » Mon May 16, 2016 4:44 am

When I first watched Low Road, I didn't like it. But when I came back to rewatching it, I realised it's a loony toons episode (look at Airazor's pose draped over Primal's leg when they smash through the wall). And thus, I came to love it.


To be honest, there is only one episode of BW I don't love. Go with the flow. I call it the 'G1 Megatron' moment. And it all could have been avoided if Inferno had just waited to plug that power source in.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Image
User avatar
Insurgent
City Commander
Posts: 3075
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon May 16, 2016 6:17 am

Motto: "He doesn't have jaundice, that's just how he looks."
Sabrblade wrote:Now, three episodes that stand out to me from season 1 that A) are not on this list and B) are ones that I didn't really think that much about as a kid but now do think very highly of are "Call of the Wild", "Dark Voyage", and "Law of the Jungle".
"Dark Voyage" was the 1 I couldn't recall. It's where Primal and Rhinox are blind and have to get back to the Axalon. And whichever episode was Inferno's 1st appearance, just because he's my favorite Predacon.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
Image
My fanfics:
disaster-transport--p1927519.php#p1927519
the-bad-seed--p1909021.php#p1909021
stories-from-a-wild-and-crazy-con--t109626.php
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 10395
News Credits: 18
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Insurgent » Mon May 16, 2016 7:25 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Now, three episodes that stand out to me from season 1 that A) are not on this list and B) are ones that I didn't really think that much about as a kid but now do think very highly of are "Call of the Wild", "Dark Voyage", and "Law of the Jungle".
"Dark Voyage" was the 1 I couldn't recall. It's where Primal and Rhinox are blind and have to get back to the Axalon. And whichever episode was Inferno's 1st appearance, just because he's my favorite Predacon.


It's Rhinox, Cheetor, Rattrap and Dinobot who are blinded. But that is a good one. Shows Rhinox's level head and calm under pressure.

Inferno was introduced in Spider's Game.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Image
User avatar
Insurgent
City Commander
Posts: 3075
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 16, 2016 8:06 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Insurgent wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Now, three episodes that stand out to me from season 1 that A) are not on this list and B) are ones that I didn't really think that much about as a kid but now do think very highly of are "Call of the Wild", "Dark Voyage", and "Law of the Jungle".
"Dark Voyage" was the 1 I couldn't recall. It's where Primal and Rhinox are blind and have to get back to the Axalon. And whichever episode was Inferno's 1st appearance, just because he's my favorite Predacon.


It's Rhinox, Cheetor, Rattrap and Dinobot who are blinded. But that is a good one. Shows Rhinox's level head and calm under pressure.
Not only that, but it was a character building experience for the whole group. Dinobot, Cheetor, and Rattrap all took their sight for granted and were panicking the whole time, with Rhinox trying his darnedest to keep them all in line and under control in guiding them back to the base. Never had this group felt so vulnerable before, finding themselves utterly terrified by their blindness, not to mention the looming danger of their battle injuries threatening to infect their whole systems if they didn't make it back to the base in time.

There was a constant atmosphere of fear felt throughout that whole episode, especially in that swamp scene. One wouldn't imagine that something as low level a threat to these advanced alien robot lifeforms as a mere snake would be so deadly to them in their then-current condition, yet that episode presented that boa constrictor as a legit danger that nearly killed Cheetor.

Plus, this episode solidified that, when given the proper circumstances, Waspinator of all Preds could be a competent and dangerous threat to the Maximals, as evidenced by the mighty and powerful Dinobot submitting to his awaiting doom by Waspinator at the river. And though the Maximals were triumphant in their besting Waspinator and Terrorsaur, they nearly paid the price for their defending themselves with their lives. If not for the timely arrival of Optimus (which itself was first implied to be another enemy attack), the four blind Maximals would have surely perished.

Also, the music in this episode was phenomenal. The aforementioned swamp scene was made all the more frightening an experience to watch with Robert Buckley's already impressive score making use of some of its best works to capitalize on the overall horror feel of the scene, emphasizing the rising levels of dramatic tension built up by both the snake's approaching and coiling Cheetor and the utter terror felt by the usually fearless and prideful Dinobot and the usually too-stubborn-to-admit-humiliation Rattrap.

And in the end, the trials and tribulations the four underwent in that episode was learning experience for all of them. Rhinox came to further appreciate the other senses he and other often took for granted such as hearing, touching, smelling, as well as appreciating the greater functions and faculties of his beast mode, such as its reinforced mass and its great strength, which helped to protect him in the trek back to the base and stop the snake from killing Cheetor and Rattrap. Cheetor, Rattrap, and Dinobot likewise all learned much from this experience. They learned to appreciate their other senses, to respect Rhinox even more for his leadership and guidance on their little nightmarish adventure, and to count on each other even more than ever. They all seemed to grow a lot closer as a result.

I may have been entertained by this episode as a kid, but now as an adult, I really recognize how substantial it was to the growth and development of its characters, which is one of the many aspects that truly lies at the heart of the series. :APPLAUSE:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30525
News Credits: 273
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby shajaki » Mon May 16, 2016 8:54 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Sabrblade wrote:After re-watching most of season 1 (just got one more episode to go), I would honestly not consider "Possession" to be anywhere near the top 10 best episodes, as it really did not contribute anything of real substance to the show and is only really remembered because of how much of a G1 fanservice episode it was, which is a far cry from what made Beast Wars so great.
I explain why I love this episode so much in the Top 10. But on top of that I'll say that there were far more irrelevant episodes than this one. I got my ex girlfriend to watch BW back in the day, and storywise in Season 1 I only had to show her about 10 episodes. I think it was an important nod to the history of the franchise.

And fan service? What's "The Agenda" and pretty much all of Season 3 then? :???:
User avatar
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9875
News Credits: 293
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby shajaki » Mon May 16, 2016 9:00 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Insurgent wrote:be honest, there is only one episode of BW I don't love. Go with the flow.
There isn't an episode I loathe more than that one. I rewatched the whole series for this list (twice actually, to get screen shots) and that's still the only episode I skipped. As a kid (teen?) I remember being really pissed off at this episode. Every one in Season 3 was so story centric, I was filled with unbridled excitement when it was that night of the week. I likely had a sour/confused look on my face while watching this one, and when the end credits rolled I was like:

Image

Maybe if this had been done as Dragon Megatron (G1 Megatron stupidly influencing him with this plan) I could let it slide.
User avatar
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9875
News Credits: 293
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Insurgent » Mon May 16, 2016 9:05 am

It's also the only episode with stupid child human getting in the way. Ok, there was Cutting Edge, but in that, the humans were more 'thing to protect, not helping in any way'. And that had the benefit of setting things up in future episodes as well.


But what hurts the most with this episode is that we got that instead of Dark Glass.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Image
User avatar
Insurgent
City Commander
Posts: 3075
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby william-james88 » Mon May 16, 2016 10:15 am

shajaki wrote: Every one in Season 3 was so story centric, I was filled with unbridled excitement when it was that night of the week.


I finally watched all of beast wars in my late teens/early 20s. I had watched a lot of season one in the 90s through vhs tapes.

When I watched all of Beast Wars (and Beast Machines) BW season 3 was what I liked the least in all of it. Every second episode is someone getting a new body and it just gets so redundant. Tigerhawk gets the biggest shaft ever. So I get that his form is the combination of both Tigertron and Airazor, but what about his personality? Rhinox, one of my favourite TF characters of all time, takes a major back seat during that whole season. Its like the writers forgot he was even there until the very final moment. And its very hard not to feel the huge void left in the wake of Dinobot's death. Also, I really dislike how they have to write ways around Optimal Optimus not just creaming everyone. So yeah, lots of redundancies and limitations in a very short season.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 23129
News Credits: 2130
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 16, 2016 9:18 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:When I watched all of Beast Wars (and Beast Machines) BW season 3 was what I liked the least in all of it. Every second episode is someone getting a new body and it just gets so redundant. Tigerhawk gets the biggest shaft ever. So I get that his form is the combination of both Tigertron and Airazor, but what about his personality? Rhinox, one of my favourite TF characters of all time, takes a major back seat during that whole season. Its like the writers forgot he was even there until the very final moment. And its very hard not to feel the huge void left in the wake of Dinobot's death. Also, I really dislike how they have to write ways around Optimal Optimus not just creaming everyone. So yeah, lots of redundancies and limitations in a very short season.
While I do like season 3 and felt that it was the most serialized season of Beast Wars, I'd have to somewhat agree.

It felt to me like the writers had the least creative freedom in that season and had to write in ways to introduce more new toys than ever before since, by comparison, season 2 felt like it was the most story-driven season that didn't really focus on "selling toys" as much, only introducing Rampage after the first three episodes already got the introductions of the Transmetals and Fuzors out of the way early on.

The rest of season 2 was predominately just story and character focus, so it felt like season 3 had to make up for season 2's lack of introducing new toys by having season 3 be far more toyetic with its introducing Optimal Optimus, Depth Charge, TM2 Dinobot, TM2 Cheetor, TM2 Blackarachnia, TM2 Megatron, and Tigerhawk all within a span of 11 episodes, and with any other plots the show had left to wrap up that weren't part of the "protect the Ark" plot had to be either abruptly dropped (the Vok plot, Cheetor's crush on Blackarachnia), rushed to some kind of hasty end (Depth Charge and Rampage's rivalry, the Predacon base protected by Sentinel, the fates of Tigatron and Airazor), or ignored and forgotten (the remaining stasis pods).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30525
News Credits: 273
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Heckfire » Mon May 16, 2016 9:58 pm

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
Am I really the only one who actually LIKED "The Low Road?" It sure as Hell ain't my favorite, but it was the second full episode of the series I ever saw so I have some sentimental attachment to the constant bickering between Rattrap and Dinobot, Rhinox's beer hat, and the horrible, horrible consequences of his wild bean vine consumption.

I just...appreciated that the producers actually seemed painfully aware of the kind of episode they were making and just went all-out and had a ball with it. The fact that the rest of the series was so solid and well-written, as evidenced by the list, is the only reason they were able to get away with it, though.
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
Image
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
Heckfire
Vehicon
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:37 am
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Rank: 1
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue May 17, 2016 7:07 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Believe me, you aren't. that is one of my favorites! I like stupid humor :lol: :MAXIMAL:
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!! Don't make me Axe you again.Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 14010
News Credits: 1194
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby superchook6909 » Tue May 17, 2016 2:17 pm

Motto: ""Run away, I'll Blast you. Stay, I'll Crush You""
Weapon: Automatic Acid-Pellet Gun
Surprised the Low Road wasn't in the Honorable mention, The absolute Hilarious Rattrap and Dinobot arguments and quips are unforgettable.
Tarantulas: Die Minimals...
*Both Rattrap and Dinobot punch him out while shouting* "SHUT UP"
User avatar
superchook6909
Micromaster
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:03 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 8
Rank: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 9
Skill: 3

Re: Top 10 Best Beast Wars Episodes

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 17, 2016 3:11 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
superchook6909 wrote:Surprised the Low Road wasn't in the Honorable mention, The absolute Hilarious Rattrap and Dinobot arguments and quips are unforgettable.
Tarantulas: Die Minimals...
*Both Rattrap and Dinobot punch him out while shouting* "SHUT UP"
It's a funny episode, yes, but it's more lowbrow funny than highbrow funny. Slapstick, butt shots, and fart humor without the necessary smarts to complement and counterbalance them isn't exactly the making of an exemplary work, and is among the very stuff that things like Family Guy and live action TF movies often get criticized for.

I mean, I enjoy it as a guilty pleasure episode, but I sure wouldn't show it to someone who'd never seen Beast Wars in an attempt to show how cool and well made Beast Wars was.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30525
News Credits: 273
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
Twincast / Podcast #213:
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

New Items on eBay

Buy "2010 Hasbro Transformers Elita 1 Autobot NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers GENERATIONS TRACKS Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Generations 1 Act-4 Ultra Magnus Diaclone Pewter Mircoman NY" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Autobot WHEELJACK Deluxe Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Universe Kup 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Universe Scourge 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Flintlock & Sergeant Kup preowned" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Generations Cyber Battalion Prowl Figure" on EBAY