Top 5 Best G1 Styled Megatron Transformers Toys

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Top 5 Best G1 Styled Megatron Transformers Toys

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sun May 24, 2020 11:30 pm

william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:The problem was, the Armada Megatron version was just simply the normal one wearing a new hat. In terms of paying tribute to a UT mold, Galaxy Upgrade did it far better.


I preffer the armada version since you can recreate the shoulder pylons, and the minicon ports make more sense than the original (along with him being a tank).

And Maximo, i was able to sell Leader megs loose for as much as I paid for him new, so no regrets. Unlike MPM Prime, who I am still trying to sell new in box at cheaper than I paid for with no one biting. Now that's a toy I regret spending some dough on.


I'm stilly really shocked the MPM market crashed out from under it... most almost going for 50% under retail. I still think that Prime is really good (if a nightmare to transform)

On topic: I think i hold TR Megs as my favorite voyager so far, with Siege rigth behind it. I agree with everyone that the Combiner Wars leader Megs was a definite Meh-gatron... I think if it wasn't for the timing and silver paint... I wouldn't have gotten him either. He does look decent with that Evolutions Prime for "Budget MPs". Glad they knocked that off for the most part.

Kind of surprised the... Alternity Megatron didn't get a nod. Especially the Silver colored one.
SpikeyTigertron
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 837
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Top 5 Best G1 Styled Megatron Transformers Toys

Postby william-james88 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:38 am

SpikeyTigertron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:The problem was, the Armada Megatron version was just simply the normal one wearing a new hat. In terms of paying tribute to a UT mold, Galaxy Upgrade did it far better.


I preffer the armada version since you can recreate the shoulder pylons, and the minicon ports make more sense than the original (along with him being a tank).

And Maximo, i was able to sell Leader megs loose for as much as I paid for him new, so no regrets. Unlike MPM Prime, who I am still trying to sell new in box at cheaper than I paid for with no one biting. Now that's a toy I regret spending some dough on.


I'm stilly really shocked the MPM market crashed out from under it... most almost going for 50% under retail. I still think that Prime is really good (if a nightmare to transform)

On topic: I think i hold TR Megs as my favorite voyager so far, with Siege rigth behind it. I agree with everyone that the Combiner Wars leader Megs was a definite Meh-gatron... I think if it wasn't for the timing and silver paint... I wouldn't have gotten him either. He does look decent with that Evolutions Prime for "Budget MPs". Glad they knocked that off for the most part.

Kind of surprised the... Alternity Megatron didn't get a nod. Especially the Silver colored one.


Lol @ Meh-gatron :lol: :lol: :lol:
And yes, timing and paint had a long way. Were it to come out today, fans would complain it's too much like a Cyberverse toy and double the price.

I have alternity Megs and I am just not feeling it. I was always curious about that mold but in the end, I must say the alternity line isn't all that great. It's one of those exclusive lines like Transformers Go where the allure and exclusivity give them a certain allure but when I judge it objectively I don't see anything I'd recomend about it. The transformation is not great and the lower legs are very finicky. Plus he is rather small and turns into a car, doesn't really scream megatron. And I don't like how they deal with the head on those toys (it being the other side of the motor makes it look off). That's just my take on it though.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 26515
News Credits: 2817
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 5 Best G1 Styled Megatron Transformers Toys

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:36 pm

The Alternity line is such a wasted opportunity. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I never wanted a car version of Megatron, Prime, the Seekers or any of the other characters they chose ... I only ever considered BB and Cliff, but the look of the chest just wasn't doing it for me.

Even if it's silver and the best toy in the world, I'm not sure a Megatron that turns into a car counts as "G1 styled".
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4591
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: Top 5 Best G1 Styled Megatron Transformers Toys

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:21 am

Bumping this up to ask: does Super Megatron qualify for this list?

After all, he's a version of G1 Megatron and I think he's easily better than RTS Megatron. He has a ton of new parts to him and his moldmate is Galvatron - a version of G1 Megatron. Granted the toy could come out and really suck .. I mean it's doubtful, but could happen.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4591
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Re: Top 5 Best G1 Styled Megatron Transformers Toys

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:27 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Bumping this up to ask: does Super Megatron qualify for this list?

After all, he's a version of G1 Megatron and I think he's easily better than RTS Megatron. He has a ton of new parts to him and his moldmate is Galvatron - a version of G1 Megatron. Granted the toy could come out and really suck .. I mean it's doubtful, but could happen.

I think he should count, we'll see what he's like when he arrives
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 19018
News Credits: 1533
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Top 5 Best G1 Styled Megatron Transformers Toys

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:34 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Gauntlet101010 wrote:The Alternity line is such a wasted opportunity. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I never wanted a car version of Megatron, Prime, the Seekers or any of the other characters they chose ... I only ever considered BB and Cliff, but the look of the chest just wasn't doing it for me.

Even if it's silver and the best toy in the world, I'm not sure a Megatron that turns into a car counts as "G1 styled".


More like G2-styled ;)
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos and Crashbash (just heads)
- TR Ravage and Rumble (the red one)
- PotP Punch head
- CW Dead End, Brawl, Swindle, Vortex, among others
- Spare PotP Volcanicus hands
User avatar
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17843
News Credits: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Top 5 Best G1 Styled Megatron Transformers Toys

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:47 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Bumping this up to ask: does Super Megatron qualify for this list?

After all, he's a version of G1 Megatron and I think he's easily better than RTS Megatron. He has a ton of new parts to him and his moldmate is Galvatron - a version of G1 Megatron. Granted the toy could come out and really suck .. I mean it's doubtful, but could happen.

I think he should count, we'll see what he's like when he arrives


He can count for anyone's list if they want. But I wanted something that anyone would understand as G1 Megatron. Like what you get when you google "G1 Megatron". Anything deviating too much from that look would have some complaining or confusion and I wanted none of that for a list which I was hoping to be simple.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 26515
News Credits: 2817
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Top 5 Best G1 Styled Megatron Transformers Toys

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:21 am

That's sort of what I figured since it's a very different version of G1 Megatron.
Gauntlet101010
Faction Commander
Posts: 4591
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
Twincast / Podcast #254:
"Redlining Sixth"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS STUDIO SERIES DELUXE THE LAST KNIGHT WWII AUTOBOT HOT ROD MISB #50" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Constructicons Long Haul Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.o.t.f  Fast Action Battlers Devastation blast long haul 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Action Figure LONG HAUL 42" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series Voyager Class - KSI Boss #43 US Seller!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations armada starscream MC Donald toy 2002 never opened." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TF Generations TG31 Rhinox" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Constructicons Devastator Lot - Long Haul Scrapper Bonecrusher +" on EBAY