Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby notirishman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:15 pm

Motto: "If you are right you might be wrong."
Weapon: Dual Low-Radiation 1 Megaton Proton Bombs
Anyone have a link to a recording of the first 6 episodes?
Got some news! Contact us here!
Image
"I find this signature... illogical."
(And also in violation of the signature guidelines)
User avatar
notirishman
News Staff
Posts: 210
News Credits: 164
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:42 pm
Location: "HELL... well Michigan I guess" [laughs] -Joel
Watch notirishman on YouTube
Alt Mode: A dirty table
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:23 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
notirishman wrote:Anyone have a link to a recording of the first 6 episodes?
Of Season 3? The first episode hasn't even aired yet, let alone the first six.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 32644
News Credits: 326
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby notirishman » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:44 am

Motto: "If you are right you might be wrong."
Weapon: Dual Low-Radiation 1 Megaton Proton Bombs
Sabrblade wrote:
notirishman wrote:Anyone have a link to a recording of the first 6 episodes?
Of Season 3? The first episode hasn't even aired yet, let alone the first six.

Many On Demand places put up the first 6 episodes today, or, well, yesterday as of this message in EST.
Got some news! Contact us here!
Image
"I find this signature... illogical."
(And also in violation of the signature guidelines)
User avatar
notirishman
News Staff
Posts: 210
News Credits: 164
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:42 pm
Location: "HELL... well Michigan I guess" [laughs] -Joel
Watch notirishman on YouTube
Alt Mode: A dirty table
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby TulioDude » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:42 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
It's pretty refreshing to see new characters to the franchise!
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!


Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Godmaster
Posts: 1770
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:35 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Fair warning to those who did not like the Young Justice-esque time skip between Seasons 1 and 2. Apparently, the first four episodes of Season 3 play out like a proper season finale for Season 2, while Episode 5 feels more like what ought to be the actual first episode of Season 3, which I guess means that there could be another time skip between episodes 4 and 5 since I, myself, have not yet seen any of the Season 3 eps, and am going by what little has been said about them.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 32644
News Credits: 326
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:05 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Links to watch the first eight episodes of Season 3 can be found here.

Also, word has it that Season 3 will be the final season of the show.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 32644
News Credits: 326
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Z3ROhour » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:01 pm

Motto: ""I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!""
Weapon: Three-Bladed Knife
Sabrblade wrote:Links to watch the first eight episodes of Season 3 can be found here.

Also, word has it that Season 3 will be the final season of the show.

Primus bless you!!
FACTION: Rebel / Anti-Predacon (GREEN LANTERN of Sector 1011.2)
WEAPONS OF CHOICE: Oan Lantern-Spark Ring, Arcanix: Lv.1378.4
, Blades... lots a blades.

Image
Latest FIGS (03/20 - 05/20): WFCE OPTIMUS PRIME, STARSCREAM, CLIFFJUMPER, HOIST, WHEELJACK, ASTROTRAIN, GRAPPLE & SMASHDOWN! Studio 53 MIXMASTER, 49 BUMBLEBEE & 54 MEGATRON! CYBERVERSE WINDBLADE, HAMMERBYTE! BPF OS SIEGE MEGATRON & OPTIMUS PRIME!!
User avatar
Z3ROhour
Gestalt
Posts: 2891
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:55 pm
Location: right behind you...
Buy from Z3ROhour on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal WereBat to Starfighter Triplechanger
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 1
Endurance: 5
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Tigerhawk7109 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:46 pm

Motto: "Free will isn't free"
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Oh, man. Cyberverse got off to such a mediocre start, but now it really has me hooked! This is gonna be a hell of a Season 3!

:BH-PREDACON:


This isn't the first time that A TF series started off slow and gradually built.

This is different for me. Animated was before I got into this, so I heard all the good things before I watched. With this, it's happening now.

:BH-PREDACON:
Word to the wise: Predaking does not like Transmetals and triple-changers.
Tigerhawk7109
Fuzor
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:56 pm
Location: Home
Alt Mode: Tiger-F15 triple-changer
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:28 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Oh, man. Cyberverse got off to such a mediocre start, but now it really has me hooked! This is gonna be a hell of a Season 3!

:BH-PREDACON:


This isn't the first time that A TF series started off slow and gradually built.

This is different for me. Animated was before I got into this, so I heard all the good things before I watched. With this, it's happening now.

:BH-PREDACON:


I had Prime in mind when I wrote that but animated is a good example.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6002
News Credits: 226
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:53 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Oh, man. Cyberverse got off to such a mediocre start, but now it really has me hooked! This is gonna be a hell of a Season 3!

:BH-PREDACON:


This isn't the first time that A TF series started off slow and gradually built.

This is different for me. Animated was before I got into this, so I heard all the good things before I watched. With this, it's happening now.

:BH-PREDACON:


I had Prime in mind when I wrote that but animated is a good example.


Just my opinion but what did Prime built up to besides missed opportunities and disappointment?

The show never felt to me like it meant anything after when Megatron returns mid season 1, well there might of been some build up but I just don't see what the pay off was.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
Faction Commander
Posts: 4121
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Tigerhawk7109 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:58 pm

Motto: "Free will isn't free"
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Deadput wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Oh, man. Cyberverse got off to such a mediocre start, but now it really has me hooked! This is gonna be a hell of a Season 3!

:BH-PREDACON:


This isn't the first time that A TF series started off slow and gradually built.

This is different for me. Animated was before I got into this, so I heard all the good things before I watched. With this, it's happening now.

:BH-PREDACON:


I had Prime in mind when I wrote that but animated is a good example.


Just my opinion but what did Prime built up to besides missed opportunities and disappointment?

The show never felt to me like it meant anything after when Megatron returns mid season 1, well there might of been some build up but I just don't see what the pay off was.

Are you kidding? Prime is the best show we ever got! Animated is close, as is Beast Wars, but where the heck are said missed opportunities?

:BH-PREDACON:
Word to the wise: Predaking does not like Transmetals and triple-changers.
Tigerhawk7109
Fuzor
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:56 pm
Location: Home
Alt Mode: Tiger-F15 triple-changer
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:13 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:
Deadput wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Oh, man. Cyberverse got off to such a mediocre start, but now it really has me hooked! This is gonna be a hell of a Season 3!

:BH-PREDACON:


This isn't the first time that A TF series started off slow and gradually built.

This is different for me. Animated was before I got into this, so I heard all the good things before I watched. With this, it's happening now.

:BH-PREDACON:


I had Prime in mind when I wrote that but animated is a good example.


Just my opinion but what did Prime built up to besides missed opportunities and disappointment?

The show never felt to me like it meant anything after when Megatron returns mid season 1, well there might of been some build up but I just don't see what the pay off was.

Are you kidding? Prime is the best show we ever got! Animated is close, as is Beast Wars, but where the heck are said missed opportunities?

:BH-PREDACON:

Agreed with this, Prime was a fantastic show and one I really loved. I still say Animated is the best TF show ever, with Prime and BW close behind
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 18138
News Credits: 1507
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:41 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Well, eight episodes in and Season 3 has completely shot up to the status of "Awesome!"

Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Prime is the best show we ever got!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 32644
News Credits: 326
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Tigerhawk7109 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:56 am

Motto: "Free will isn't free"
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:Well, eight episodes in and Season 3 has completely shot up to the status of "Awesome!"

Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Prime is the best show we ever got!

The heck was that for? What do you think is better? GEEWUN? No, sir. I have a right to my opinion.

:BH-PREDACON:
Word to the wise: Predaking does not like Transmetals and triple-changers.
Tigerhawk7109
Fuzor
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:56 pm
Location: Home
Alt Mode: Tiger-F15 triple-changer
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:48 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, eight episodes in and Season 3 has completely shot up to the status of "Awesome!"

Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Prime is the best show we ever got!

The heck was that for? What do you think is better? GEEWUN? No, sir. I have a right to my opinion.

:BH-PREDACON:
G1? Nah, that's just a middle-of-the-road series with its own heaps of problems.

Prime was the very definition of "trying too hard". It had some good parts, even some excellent ones, mostly in its second and third seasons. But overall was hindered by its own over-ambition and inconsistent vision that resulted in much of the series (especially its first season) feeling like it was desperate to avoid being seen as "kids' stuff", as though it was embarrassed by the fact that it was part of a children's toy brand and, at times, went so unnervingly grimdark to prove how "serious" and "mature" it wanted to be seen as, even killing off a character in the first few minutes of the first episode to claim that "anyone can die in this show", but then reneged on ever doing that again for any other Autobot despite the show's continued "death hype" by the series' creators. As such, this made it come off feeling like it was targeted (or even written by) insecure teenagers who don't want to admit that they like something "for kids" that would otherwise be seen as "not cool" or "geeky", much like how the live action movies (sans Bumblebee) and Machinima's Prime Wars Trilogy webseries felt the same. I can't tell you how much of a breath of fresh air Smokescreen was when he showed up in season 2 and did things like a boss, only for everyone, even Bumblebee, to constantly chew him out for being cool and competent, as though to say "Stop having fun, Smokescreen! We're too serious and depressing for you to be likable!"
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 32644
News Credits: 326
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Tigerhawk7109 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:21 am

Motto: "Free will isn't free"
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, eight episodes in and Season 3 has completely shot up to the status of "Awesome!"

Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Prime is the best show we ever got!

The heck was that for? What do you think is better? GEEWUN? No, sir. I have a right to my opinion.

:BH-PREDACON:
G1? Nah, that's just a middle-of-the-road series with its own heaps of problems.

Prime was the very definition of "trying too hard". It had some good parts, even some excellent ones, mostly in its second and third seasons. But overall was hindered by its own over-ambition and inconsistent vision that resulted in much of the series (especially its first season) feeling like it was desperate to avoid being seen as "kids' stuff", as though it was embarrassed by the fact that it was part of a children's toy brand and, at times, went so unnervingly grimdark to prove how "serious" and "mature" it wanted to be seen as, even killing off a character in the first few minutes of the first episode to claim that "anyone can die in this show", but then reneged on ever doing that again for any other Autobot despite the show's continued "death hype" by the series' creators. As such, this made it come off feeling like it was targeted (or even written by) insecure teenagers who don't want to admit that they like something "for kids" that would otherwise be seen as "not cool" or "geeky", much like how the live action movies (sans Bumblebee) and Machinima's Prime Wars Trilogy webseries felt the same. I can't tell you how much of a breath of fresh air Smokescreen was when he showed up in season 2 and did things like a boss, only for everyone, even Bumblebee, to constantly chew him out for being cool and competent, as though to say "Stop having fun, Smokescreen! We're too serious and depressing for you to be likable!"

I totally disagree. Prime is the movies done infinitely better. A show’s allowed to be dark! Sure, Season 1 was slow, but I’m hard pressed to find fault with the rest. Tell me, please. What do you consider to be better, and why? Maybe we can come to an agreement. I think Prime is king. What do you think?

:BH-PREDACON:
Word to the wise: Predaking does not like Transmetals and triple-changers.
Tigerhawk7109
Fuzor
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:56 pm
Location: Home
Alt Mode: Tiger-F15 triple-changer
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:35 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Tell me, please. What do you consider to be better, and why? Maybe we can come to an agreement. I think Prime is king. What do you think?
Right now, I think Cyberverse has become awesome here in its third season. I agree that a show can be dark, and right now, Cyberverse is dark but not depressing with its making the Quintessons downright terrifying while also giving us an immensely enjoyable main cast in Hot Rod, Clobber, Perceptor, Dead End, Whirl, and Maccadam, all playing off each other as a really likable band of misfits who butt heads with each other but still have a great chemistry (especially between Hot Rod and Clobber; I really want her toy now).

Other past shows that have been great at this were obviously Beast Wars and Animated, along with Rescue Bots (my personal second-favorite series behind Beast Wars) and Beast Machines (the most meaningfully dark series we've ever gotten). I'd hesitate to call any of the following "better" than Prime, objectively, but I have subjectively enjoyed them better: Car Robots/Robots in Disguise (2001), Super-God Masterforce, and Cybertron.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 32644
News Credits: 326
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:15 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
I thought Animated and Beast Wars (despite me not really giving the latter a chance during my early years in the fandom because organic Beast modes) were the best Transformers shows we have gotten, they have much better writing and characters then Prime did in my opinion.

It also had the worst/boring Optimus Prime ever with his constant monotone and detached view to situations, it's sad that Peter Cullen had much better direction for his acting in the movies then in the show, sadly this problem with dull Primes has continued to plague the franchise for the last 10 or so years.

Funny enough I think Beast Wars was everything Prime was trying to be but actually was able to pull darkness and entertainment much better, for me the only show that was worse then Prime was Energon and only because the latter was incompetent in it's direction. (And 50 percent of my hate has to do with what they did with Starscream and Demolishor in regards to their Armada legacy)

Cyberverse isn't the series I've had the most enjoyment of but at least I'm entertained somewhat because it's a kids cartoon which isn't even made for my age group in the first place.

I'm not a G1'er by many means and don't like the show that much but even that show managed to be more entertaining even if it shares it's problems with "pay off" but to be fair to the G1 cartoon it wasn't trying to build up to much since it was a Saturday morning cartoon.

My problem with Prime which I watched the show as it aired? It promised way too much and failed to deliver with only a hollow version of it's potential at the end, not to mention I despise the show staff for going against Hasbro and disregarding the Aligned Bible which was made for the show, they were hired by a toy company to make their ambitious project why would they disregard them! They tanked the aligned continuity to the ground which is unforgivable in my view, they were hired to do one thing and they botched it because they wanted to do their own thing.

Energon was simply incompetent, Prime was sabotage and false promises.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
Faction Commander
Posts: 4121
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:46 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Having caught up to episode 6 I'm happy to see that some repaints aren't random.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6002
News Credits: 226
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Tigerhawk7109 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:31 am

Motto: "Free will isn't free"
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Deadput wrote:I thought Animated and Beast Wars (despite me not really giving the latter a chance during my early years in the fandom because organic Beast modes) were the best Transformers shows we have gotten, they have much better writing and characters then Prime did in my opinion.

It also had the worst/boring Optimus Prime ever with his constant monotone and detached view to situations, it's sad that Peter Cullen had much better direction for his acting in the movies then in the show, sadly this problem with dull Primes has continued to plague the franchise for the last 10 or so years.

Funny enough I think Beast Wars was everything Prime was trying to be but actually was able to pull darkness and entertainment much better, for me the only show that was worse then Prime was Energon and only because the latter was incompetent in it's direction. (And 50 percent of my hate has to do with what they did with Starscream and Demolishor in regards to their Armada legacy)

Cyberverse isn't the series I've had the most enjoyment of but at least I'm entertained somewhat because it's a kids cartoon which isn't even made for my age group in the first place.

I'm not a G1'er by many means and don't like the show that much but even that show managed to be more entertaining even if it shares it's problems with "pay off" but to be fair to the G1 cartoon it wasn't trying to build up to much since it was a Saturday morning cartoon.

My problem with Prime which I watched the show as it aired? It promised way too much and failed to deliver with only a hollow version of it's potential at the end, not to mention I despise the show staff for going against Hasbro and disregarding the Aligned Bible which was made for the show, they were hired by a toy company to make their ambitious project why would they disregard them! They tanked the aligned continuity to the ground which is unforgivable in my view, they were hired to do one thing and they botched it because they wanted to do their own thing.

Energon was simply incompetent, Prime was sabotage and false promises.

Tell me where said false promises are. Prime delivered on the stories, the voice acting, the animation, and the characters. Animated and Beast Wars pretty much do the same. Optimus isn’t boring; he’s a veteran tired of fighting that war. And all the Decepticons were spot on as characters. The same cannot be said for the Predacons of Beast Wars. Quite a few were simply hollow shells. Prime succeeded where Beast Wars failed. As for Prime vs. Animated, I consider the two interchangeable depending on your preference.

:BH-PREDACON:
Last edited by Tigerhawk7109 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Word to the wise: Predaking does not like Transmetals and triple-changers.
Tigerhawk7109
Fuzor
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:56 pm
Location: Home
Alt Mode: Tiger-F15 triple-changer
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:04 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
That's the problem sometimes with giving creative control to someone but then insisting they play by the book, sometimes things need to be mixed up in sacrifice to the story. You can throw shade at the writers of the show but don't forget that the War for Cybertron games were held by that. Then RiD 2015 was beholden to it. In fact I'd say the greatest success from the aligned era was Rescue Bots who more or less got to do their own thing. It was unfortunately ignored by the fan base despite its quality.

I do like Cyberverse quite a bit but my overall all favourite (despite flaws) is still masterforce, along with Victory but then I am a big fan of Super Robot anime.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 10065
News Credits: 435
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Tigerhawk7109 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:11 am

Motto: "Free will isn't free"
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
ZeroWolf wrote:That's the problem sometimes with giving creative control to someone but then insisting they play by the book, sometimes things need to be mixed up in sacrifice to the story. You can throw shade at the writers of the show but don't forget that the War for Cybertron games were held by that. Then RiD 2015 was beholden to it. In fact I'd say the greatest success from the aligned era was Rescue Bots who more or less got to do their own thing. It was unfortunately ignored by the fan base despite its quality.

I do like Cyberverse quite a bit but my overall all favourite (despite flaws) is still masterforce, along with Victory but then I am a big fan of Super Robot anime.

Well, I for one did not ignore Rescue Bots. RiD has its flaws, but it has fun with itself. Seriously. How many Prime haters are there in the freaking staff? I get it, people. You don’t think Prime is the best. I beg to differ.

:BH-PREDACON:
Word to the wise: Predaking does not like Transmetals and triple-changers.
Tigerhawk7109
Fuzor
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:56 pm
Location: Home
Alt Mode: Tiger-F15 triple-changer
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Episode Listing and Synopsis

Postby Tigerhawk7109 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:33 am

Motto: "Free will isn't free"
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Stargrave wrote:Thanks to our own Seibertronian Notirishman we've learned that Pop Fun TV in the UK has posted their upcoming schedule listing the episode names for all 26 episodes, and the synopsis for the first 20 episodes of Transformers Cyberverse Season 3. Keep in mind the episode titles alone are spoiler-ey enough the synopses even moreso, so read at your own risk. Even if you're not a regular fan of this series what season 3 holds should delight fans new and old.

Enjoy the read and post your thoughts in the forum. As always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!



Keep reading to head into Spoiler territory...



Airing February 17th
Episode 1-4 The Battle for Cybertron
"The Autobots must defeat the Decepticons in order to restore Cybertron to life with the Allspark. Part 1-4.

Airing February 18th

Episode 5 The Loop
"After their victory over the Decepticons, Bumblebee finds himself hunted by a mysterious figure from his past."

Episode 6 the Dead End
"Hot Rod and Lugnut accidentally free the wrong bot from Quintesson control."

Episode 7 The Sleeper
"Frustrated Hot Rod attempts to free more of his comrades while Perceptor makes an epic discovery"

Episode 8 The Citizen
"Hot Rod discovers the terrible secret behind the Quintesson menace."

Airing February 19th

Episode 9 The Trial
"Hot Rod takes a strike team to free Windblade but gets captured by the Quintessons."

Episode 10 The Prisoner
"Hot Rod and Soundwave clash over leadership of the Cybertronian resistance."

Episode 11 The Scientist
"Hot Rod and Soundwave team up against the Quintesson Scientist."

Episode 12 The Alliance
"The Cybertronian resistance makes an unexpected discovery about MacCadam's."

Airing February 20th

Episode 13 the Judge
"In a last-ditch effort, the Autobots and Decepticons work together to try and save their universe."

Episode 14-16 The End of the Universe Parts 1-3
"The Autobots and Decepticons combine forces to liberate Cybertron from a sinister alien force."

Airing February 21st

Episode 17 The End of the Universe Part 4
"The Autobots and Decepticons combine forces to liberate Cybertron from a sinister alien force."

Episode 18 Enemy Line
"In an attempt to find his missing friend, Bumblebee goes on a spy mission into Decepticon territory."

Episode 19 Thunderhowl
"Searching for Windblade, Bumblebee and Chromia discover that the legendary Crystal City holds many secrets."

Episode 20 Wild Wild Wheel
"A forgotten bot returns to Cybertron, looking for revenge."

And the remaining episode names are:

Alien Hunt! With Meteorfire And Cosmos

Journey To The Valley Of Repugnus

Rack N’ Ruin N’ Ratchet

Dweller In The Depths

Silent Strike

The Other One

I think the descriptions of episodes 8 and 12 are flipped. Loving every minute so far!

:BH-PREDACON:
Word to the wise: Predaking does not like Transmetals and triple-changers.
Tigerhawk7109
Fuzor
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:56 pm
Location: Home
Alt Mode: Tiger-F15 triple-changer
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:54 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I don't think I ever said this, but I want to make sure i do:

I love asshole dramatic music playing Soundwave
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 18138
News Credits: 1507
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Animated Series Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:05 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Tell me where said false promises are. Prime delivered on the stories, the voice acting, the animation, and the characters. Animated and Beast Wars pretty much do the same. Optimus isn’t boring; he’s a veteran tired of fighting that war. And all the Decepticons were spot on as characters. The same cannot be said for the Predacons of Beast Wara. Quite a few were simply hollow shells. Prime succeeded where Beast Wars failed. As for Prime vs. Animated, I consider the two interchangeable depending on your preference.

:BH-PREDACON:


All I can tell you is that your objectively wrong, Prime was a disaster in writing, almost all Transformers shows minus Animated, Beast Wars and Rescue Bots have mediocre writing so it's up to other factors to make their shows entertaining, like not making the majority of the show a bunch of relic hunts for relics which are almost never brought up again or written off to a corner.

Optimus is factually the worst character on the show with no question whatsoever, he has no depth, is incredibly monotone, has nothing to learn and never grows as a character, duller then a rusty blade, how the guy has more personality in the RID sequel is hilarious for just how bad this incarnation was, not subjectively but objectively, this is not how you write a leader, G1 Optimus pulled the father to his men mentor role then Prime did, also he lets human children heavily participate in the war which is quite the flaw in such a "realistic and high stakes" show, this wasn't Animated or the low stakes shows but one with "high" levels of risk.

The Decepticons are a mixed bad, most of their base personalities aren't bad but the direction of their characters on how the show went is laughable.

Starscream: He had such a strong start in the show but he went down incredibly hard as the show went on after he gets "kicked out" by the Decepticons and became a joke of a character, a literal butt monkey who lost all urgency as a character and became a punching bag for everyone else with the only thing he was able to accomplish later on the show was the whole Omega Bridge stuff with the keys before being reduced to Megatron's "loyal" tamed lap dog for the remainder of the show.

Soundwave: He was fine bare bones, but he overstayed the quite gimmick for too long so in the end he was a prop with no character besides generic loyalty which is fine for a side character but that's all he was... a side character used for plot convenience and was written out of the show via plot convenience.

Also he gets punked in his field by a 12 year old magic child, Soundwave himself is getting outmatched in war by a 12 year old boy, that is the actual worst part of the character when he gets presented as a competent otherwise.

Knock Out: Fantastic character! He was written consistent and is probably one of the few with the least flaws but there is one problem. His defection wasn't deserved or earned nor was it ever hinted at, it was a lazy even if fun development, it kinda feels it was picked out from a certain character's aborted arc...speaking of such.

Breakdown: Ah poor Breakdown, a clear example of someone who was intentionally written out of the show because of their actor, I remember hearing that they cut the voice actor due to expense as well as some internal conflicts which were a common occurrence behind the scenes. (Seriously if you read up about all this it's just terribly unprofessional) In the show his death was abrupt and not written well because of the dropped plot points like the Bulkhead rivalry or the teased loyalty conflictions the character had early on.

Airachnid: Christ this character was such an abomination, constantly brought up then dropped then brought up again, this character served to be nothing but just a more menacing version of Starscream who was too much of a joke to actually serve the traumatic enemy of Arcee and her angst, her story was left unconcluded being literally shooed out on a moon and now she's suddenly a vampire? How can she control Insecticons despite not being one? What was the pay off to her and Arcee's rivalry? Literally nothing and she was thus a waste of a character who removing would of made the show so much better.

Also she was a mary sue and writers pet.

Shockwave: Not bad but all he serves is to be exposition and talkative science version of Soundwave, half of his dialogue is just about logic, but outside of a couple of plot convenient developments he doesn't serve much purpose in the show and we don't even know what the heck happened to him in the end after giving the Predacons some encouraging words.

Dreadwing: He was mostly fine, being a less boisterous replacement for Breakdown (yes I know he showed up before Breakdown died but this was pretty much his character) and his developments and death was fine even if it's clear that death was invented because the writers couldn't figure what to do with him.

Megatron: What a joke, this was the worst character of the main roster including Autobots and Humans, he was an idiot through and through who was the main reason he lost, it's ironic considering that the Decepticons were doing fine before the start of the series before he returned with the Dark Energon. His personality and performance were fine I'll give you that but his writing and direction was atrocious.

He throws away tools and people, like the whole Cylus thing which was not even the latter's fault, he was responsible for turning Predaking against him even though the Predacon was loyal and had no reason to turn against him, Megatron was ultimately responsible for the Decepticons losses, it is pathetic how much Starscream was a better leader then Megatron in the entire show.

His redemption was not deserved at all, he gets tortured for a little bit and then magically realizes that he was "bad" but he doesn't get any consequences for the things he did, the Autobots let him go like nothing ever happened, he was already killed off in the shows finale before that movie why did they resurrect the character instead of simply use his corpse as a vessel for Unicron?

Makeshift: No problems with the character but where did he come from? Why wasn't he around before? The only flaw with this guy was existing so early on with the writers having to kill him immediately because they didn't know what to do with him.

These are just the Decepticons, most of the Autobots were boring and written poorly as well.

Arcee: is the absolute worse, she is a complete wrench to the Autobots who is a hypocrite who chews out characters like Smokescreen or the kids for overstepping their boundaries when Arcess constantly did these things before and after, she has no self control and constantly costs the Autobots things like potentially gaining Starscream as an ally which she ruins all herself, she goes against Optimus who does nothing to correct behavior kinda like he's a terrible leader or something. She whines about her 2 dead partners (a tragic backstory so interesting they did it the exact same way twice!) all the time but when she gets Airachnid in a position to actually end her and do something good for once she spares her!

Bulkhead: is just worse boring Bulkhead from animated with none of the good entertaining qualities of the character he is based off of, but the worse part was his death fake out where it's treated like he could be crippled for life but is literally fine a couple episodes later with no explanation, his potential fate is treated by the Autobots as a more serious thing then Cliffjumper's potential death which reminds me.

So overall Bulkhead should of died and been replaced with Wheeljack, could of given the show some real meaningful depth.

Cliffjumper: Christ the ultimate bait and switch who was a waste of a character model (We get 3 episodes with the model, all 3 with him and 1 episode with the barely visible Tailgate) which is funny how Prime's devs went on about the limited budget with character models despite not getting good use out of them, not too mention his death was so poorly written because of it's reliance of shock value even though we are given little time to know the guy before said death, it was used to raise the stakes that were never met afterwards.

No other good guys died except for Optimus at the very end which also doesn't count because Gary Prime gets raised back to life in the next series with no consequences, Cliffjumper was the only death as a false sign that things could get worse for the good guys who never had to sacrifice or struggle.

I truly wish that they would of done their original plan that they were going to use Smokescreen for him, the plan being that he was going to be a member of the main cast from the start of the show but be killed at the end of season 1 by Megatron which would of been much better since maybe people would of actually felt sad and not shocked and angry.

Ratchet: Great character and there was nothing wrong with him or the direction they went with him, probably the best character of the show by far and the only one with no big flaws in writing.

Ultra Magnus: He gets 1 or 2 moments of character development but is otherwise the exact same character as Optimus Prime which is great we get two stoic personalityless leader characters that are as entertaining as drying paint, doesn't help he showed up way too late to matter, he served no role in the plot besides getting his butt kicked in by Megatron and later crippled for the rest of his screentime by the Predacons and considering we don't see him in RID it's possible he never recovered. (Ok that last one is a joke but it's plausible with how he was treated by the writers) so Ultra Magnus was a copy paste joke and nothing else.

Wheeljack: Character was great even if he was more like Drift then Wheeljack but the writing was weird, the first time he left it was understandable but his search for other Autobots payed off with...literally nothing (Hello Seaspray, Goodbye Seaspray), he gets back to Earth and then just...goes off somewhere? Shows up a few times afterwards to help on some missions before he returns to help to defend their base only to get shot down and captured...only to escape immediately and then does not much in Season 3 besides that one episode where he's put off by Ultra Magnus and such which was cool but was just kinda there.

Smokescreen: Mr. I-can't-believe-it's-not-Hotrod as a character was fun and brought some cool dynamics into the show...about 44 episodes in...it took 44 episodes and the later half of season 2 to bring a new Autobot into the main cast (Wheeljack was just a guest star before that), he was set up for some big destiny or whatever as a potential Prime...which goes nowhere, making him not a Prime is fine but they should of taken his path somewhere because it certainly feels like Bumblebee took it last minute.

Bumblebee: This wasn't a character, he had a couple of good episodes but was otherwise just there, his radio gimmick doesn't work here like it did initially in the live action movies because he doesn't even use a Radio with actual words to speak just R2 droid speech which Raf instantly understands and no other human because magic? So the audience has no idea what he's saying, he only becomes a real character at the end of the show...it took 65 episodes to become a character and only because the writers chose the most stupid thing ever.

Pretend to "kill" their beloved Bumblebee like anyone would ever believe he was going to be dead, because of course the final episode of the show and the writers still can't actually present any meaningful sacrifice.


I'm going to briefly address the humans, Jack was...fine although he kinda fell out of prominence as the show went on, Miko never learned, always did things to get into trouble and was just annoying, Raf is magic human kid and one of the biggest keys for the show to magically resolve conflicts, the kids did not really get much development although there was some it was just a low note.

Fowler was great, my personal fave human in the franchise and it just makes me think that the kids should of just been soldiers...no really it would of improved things quite a bit and resolves the "bringing kids into combat" thing, Jack would stay pretty much the same as a character besides the school stuff which also never mattered and was hardly there, Miko could simply be a trigger happy soldier but it wouldn't change the stupidity of some of the things she did, Raf being a hacker could finally make some sense to an extent.

I got not much to say about Silas and Mech, they did not build up to anything besides Silas murdering his people and then gets teased as a potential asset to the Decepticons only to immediately get turned into a dissection piece because he failed due to Megatron's idiocy and for events outside of Silas's control, and then later on he dies...which was only a means to finally resolve the last loose ends of Mech, waste of time and people who never accomplished anything.


This isn't even everything that Primes does wrong but this is probably way too long now so I'm going to end it here, I'm not great with my wording but Prime is an objectively badly written show, the greatest short example of the show creators incompetency was the whole Trypticon/Nemesis thing which shows how much disrespect the show had for Hasbro and the Aligned continuity, High Moon studios compromised aspects of Fall of Cybertron for them and they get what in return? Disrespect of the highest degree, and for that I can't give this show any praise beyond looking pretty at the expense of environments/world/cast and the few good aspects of it's characters.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
Faction Commander
Posts: 4121
News Credits: 53
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
Twincast / Podcast #245:
"On a Boat"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon DOTM Movie Legion Class Cyberverse SOUNDWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 46, DROPKICK Bumblebee Movie, New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon SKIDS Deluxe Figure's ROOF Part Dotm" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH WEAPONS AUTOBOT SKIDS CHEVY SPARK MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Deception Shockwave New" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Soundwave DOTM Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Deluxe Autobot Sideswipe [Dark of the Moon] (MechTech)" on EBAY