Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime Thread

Postby Va'al » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:40 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Via weibo user AlucardLee, a regular for this sort of news piece, we have what might the render for the upcoming Transformers: The Last Knight MPM Masterpiece Optimus Prime, which we've mirrored below for your viewing convenience! A reminder: the Movie Masterpiece figures are new molds meant to replicate the 'best' incarnation of the live action movieverse, and there are three expected with the new film: Optimus, Bumblebee (seen already) and the rumoured Barricade. Check out the image below, and squint with us in the Energon Pub!

Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Never too late for.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 15479
News Credits: 182
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece Line Thread

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:59 am

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Va'al wrote:A reminder: the Movie Masterpiece figures are new molds meant to replicate the 'best' incarnation of the live action movieverse, and there are three expected with the new film: Optimus, Bumblebee (seen already) and the rumoured Barricade.

So, an even more movie accurate figure of Optimus Prime? I'd like to see Takara top that. (As an undeniable fact, the ROTF Leader Optimus Prime mold is the most screen accurate representation of Optimus.)
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
Image
User avatar
OptimalOptimus2
Headmaster
Posts: 1012
News Credits: 13
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:49 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece Line Thread

Postby dragons » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:13 am

To bad these figures don't transform
Image
dragons
City Commander
Posts: 3021
News Credits: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece Line Thread

Postby Bumblebee21 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:14 am

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
dragons wrote:To bad these figures don't transform

??
but they do
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
User avatar
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
Posts: 2904
News Credits: 23
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:49 am
Location: Orlando the city "beautiful"
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece Line Thread

Postby Overcracker » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:30 am

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
dragons wrote:To bad these figures don't transform


Who says they don't?

At least as far as Bumblebee goes, we know he does.

No reason to think Prime and Barricade won't transform.
Hot Rod Legacy...
Image


"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: Doctor Strange
User avatar
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5245
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Houston, Tx. U.S.A
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece Line Thread

Postby Jones » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:31 am

Motto: "Who and what I am, I hide from the enemy."
Weapon: Electro-Disruptor
If true, this is going to have to be earth-shatteringly good to make me even remotely consider replacing my custom-painted Jetwing Optimus Prime.

I'm sure they technically CAN top this, but I'm not sure how...

Image

Image
User avatar
Jones
Minibot
Posts: 122
News Credits: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:29 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece Line Thread

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:34 am

feeling retrojipped alredy as I prepaid for the upcoming MB11 leader.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 19890
News Credits: 786
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece Line Thread

Postby YRQRM0 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:49 am

Yeah, that leader prime mold is gnona be hard to beat. Should be awesome though, I'm looking forward to it.
User avatar
YRQRM0
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 862
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece Line Thread

Postby Black Hat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:50 am

Motto: "Destroy, Devour, Desolate!"
Weapon: Chomping Rotor Blades
william-james88 wrote:feeling retrojipped alredy as I prepaid for the upcoming MB11 leader.

At the risk of rubbing salt in the wound, it's even more of a jip considering how degraded the molds are at this point (at least if the last release of ROTF Leader Prime is anything to go by).
User avatar
Black Hat
City Commander
Posts: 3970
News Credits: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Swarm of Locusts
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: N/A
Courage: ???
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece Line Thread

Postby MrBlack » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:04 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
That Bee looks really good, but I just can't get past the horror movie face. It just looks terrible, and has since 2007.

I might consider Optimus, but I much prefer the Evasion Mode look to his early movie incarnation.
User avatar
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 511
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:36 am
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece Line Thread

Postby It Is Him » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:16 am

Let's be honest, ROTF Leader Prime suffers from a terrible transformation

1. Having to literally pop off the chest, which isn't listed in the manual as a step, is the worst.
2. "I am Optimus Prime."
3. The swords won't allow the elbows to bend when retracted
4. "I am Optimus Prime"
5. Folding the arms and the sword and legs into the cab nose requires very specific steps, and are very easy to do incorrectly, forcing you to redo that section.
6. "I am Optimus Prime"
7. He doesn't transform into an ice cream truck
8. "I am Optimus Prime"

Bring on the new hotness
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

Image
BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
User avatar
It Is Him
City Commander
Posts: 3838
News Credits: 16
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:23 pm
Location: Omicron Persei 8

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece Line Thread

Postby Actar » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:27 am

Motto: "Love what you do, do what you love."
It Is Him wrote:Let's be honest, ROTF Leader Prime suffers from a terrible transformation

1. Having to literally pop off the chest, which isn't listed in the manual as a step, is the worst.
2. "I am Optimus Prime."
3. The swords won't allow the elbows to bend when retracted
4. "I am Optimus Prime"
5. Folding the arms and the sword and legs into the cab nose requires very specific steps, and are very easy to do incorrectly, forcing you to redo that section.
6. "I am Optimus Prime"
7. He doesn't transform into an ice cream truck
8. "I am Optimus Prime"

Bring on the new hotness


I disagree. All of these issues (save the ones regarding the swords) are due to crappy instructions. I can easily transform ROTF Prime under two minutes without a single "I am Optimus Prime" by simply completing the cab section first and securing the head into place. It's a beautiful transformation that's a marvel of engineering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrnfw1XgVRA

And that is why I'm so excited for the MPM. It's going to be even better, more complex and more accurate.
User avatar
Actar
Micromaster
Posts: 67
News Credits: 9
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:11 am
Location: In front of the computer in balmy Singapore
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Rank: ???
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece Line Thread

Postby Microraptor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:09 am

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
I wonder if it'll be in scale with the other MMPs.
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
User avatar
Microraptor
Combiner
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:29 pm
Location: Springfield OH, land of corn
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Optimus Prime Thread

Postby Va'al » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:27 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
A thread for each MPM figure! :D
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Never too late for.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 15479
News Credits: 182
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Optimus Prime Thread

Postby Bumblebee21 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Va'al wrote:A thread for each MPM figure! :D

what sorcery is this
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
User avatar
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
Posts: 2904
News Credits: 23
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:49 am
Location: Orlando the city "beautiful"
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Optimus Prime Thread

Postby Overcracker » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:48 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
I guess the real question is going to be, how different will the MPM Prime be from the ROTF / DOTM Primes.

Since MPM prime is going to be based off of Prime's ROTF / DOTM look and not AOE or TLK, will this MP version be different or more accurate enough to warrant a new purchase.

I do have Takara's Movie The Best Leader Prime on pre-order, so I'm just wondering whether MPM will be worth the inevitably higher price tag and if it will be a wide release, or will it only be available through Toys R' US or something equally annoying in North America.
Hot Rod Legacy...
Image


"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: Doctor Strange
User avatar
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5245
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Houston, Tx. U.S.A
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Optimus Prime Thread

Postby Bumblebee21 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Overcracker wrote:I guess the real question is going to be, how different will the MPM Prime be from the ROTF / DOTM Primes.

Since MPM prime is going to be based off of Prime's ROTF / DOTM look and not AOE or TLK, will this MP version be different or more accurate enough to warrant a new purchase.

I do have Takara's Movie The Best Leader Prime on pre-order, so I'm just wondering whether MPM will be worth the inevitably higher price tag and if it will be a wide release, or will it only be available through Toys R' US or something equally annoying in North America.

gonna be based on movie 1 prime
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
User avatar
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
Posts: 2904
News Credits: 23
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:49 am
Location: Orlando the city "beautiful"
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Optimus Prime Thread

Postby Va'al » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Va'al wrote:A thread for each MPM figure! :D

what sorcery is this


Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Never too late for.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 15479
News Credits: 182
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Optimus Prime Thread

Postby Overcracker » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:I guess the real question is going to be, how different will the MPM Prime be from the ROTF / DOTM Primes.

Since MPM prime is going to be based off of Prime's ROTF / DOTM look and not AOE or TLK, will this MP version be different or more accurate enough to warrant a new purchase.

I do have Takara's Movie The Best Leader Prime on pre-order, so I'm just wondering whether MPM will be worth the inevitably higher price tag and if it will be a wide release, or will it only be available through Toys R' US or something equally annoying in North America.

gonna be based on movie 1 prime


Where are you getting that from?


Va'al wrote:the Movie Masterpiece figures are new molds meant to replicate the 'best' incarnation of the live action movieverse, and there are three expected with the new film


It's the best incarnation is not necessarily the first movie.

But broadly speaking his on screen look in the first movie and ROTF and DOTM is pretty much the same bar a few minor modifications.

DOTM I think is the best though.


Image
Hot Rod Legacy...
Image


"The man with the ship and the big red button holstered onto his belt that calls a giant fire-breathing lizard, is always the cool one."

Toytainment Blog
Views, reviews, and overviews of things in entertainment.
Current review: Doctor Strange
User avatar
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5245
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 am
Location: Houston, Tx. U.S.A
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Optimus Prime Thread

Postby Sigma Magnus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:32 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Link to the other threads please?
User avatar
Sigma Magnus
News Staff
Posts: 2018
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm
Location: New York
Alt Mode: Giant Head
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece Line Thread

Postby Black Hat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Motto: "Destroy, Devour, Desolate!"
Weapon: Chomping Rotor Blades
Actar wrote:
It Is Him wrote:Let's be honest, ROTF Leader Prime suffers from a terrible transformation

1. Having to literally pop off the chest, which isn't listed in the manual as a step, is the worst.
2. "I am Optimus Prime."
3. The swords won't allow the elbows to bend when retracted
4. "I am Optimus Prime"
5. Folding the arms and the sword and legs into the cab nose requires very specific steps, and are very easy to do incorrectly, forcing you to redo that section.
6. "I am Optimus Prime"
7. He doesn't transform into an ice cream truck
8. "I am Optimus Prime"

Bring on the new hotness


I disagree. All of these issues (save the ones regarding the swords) are due to crappy instructions. I can easily transform ROTF Prime under two minutes without a single "I am Optimus Prime" by simply completing the cab section first and securing the head into place. It's a beautiful transformation that's a marvel of engineering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrnfw1XgVRA

And that is why I'm so excited for the MPM. It's going to be even better, more complex and more accurate.

Holy crap, I never knew Actar posted here! *Cue Wayne's World "We're not worthy!" routine*

Ahem.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the MPM Prime- the thought of the gorgeous ROTF Leader Prime mold (which I must buy a version of some day) with the "kid gloves" removed and a full-on MP treatment (proper hands, no voicebox in the chest etc) makes me drool. Imagine the engineering that will be going into that thing!
User avatar
Black Hat
City Commander
Posts: 3970
News Credits: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Swarm of Locusts
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: N/A
Courage: ???
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Optimus Prime Thread

Postby SpaceKaseJase » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:24 pm

IF they can include OP's tire-splitting as part of the transformation, then I'm sold.
SpaceKaseJase
Micromaster
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Optimus Prime Thread

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:41 pm

Overcracker wrote:or will it only be available through Toys R' US or something equally annoying in North America.

The TRU listings had it marked down as an exclusive (which doesnt surprise me, they have the MP exclusives ever since the relaunch of the MP line)

Image
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 19890
News Credits: 786
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Optimus Prime Thread

Postby Bumblebee21 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Motto: "Shut up and take my Energon"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Overcracker wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:I guess the real question is going to be, how different will the MPM Prime be from the ROTF / DOTM Primes.

Since MPM prime is going to be based off of Prime's ROTF / DOTM look and not AOE or TLK, will this MP version be different or more accurate enough to warrant a new purchase.

I do have Takara's Movie The Best Leader Prime on pre-order, so I'm just wondering whether MPM will be worth the inevitably higher price tag and if it will be a wide release, or will it only be available through Toys R' US or something equally annoying in North America.

gonna be based on movie 1 prime


Where are you getting that from?

the fact that bee is movie 1 and i really want him to be movie 1
My collection
welcome-to-the-beehive-t107295.php

My YouTube Channel please like subscribe comment and share. i also take request
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbY_z ... -svN29mrxg
User avatar
Bumblebee21
Gestalt
Posts: 2904
News Credits: 23
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:49 am
Location: Orlando the city "beautiful"
Alt Mode: Lamborghini
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM Optimus Prime Thread

Postby Va'al » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Sigma Magnus wrote:Link to the other threads please?


Only other one active for now: transformers-movie-masterpiece-mpm3-bumblebee-thread-t108751.php
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Never too late for.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 15479
News Credits: 182
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Prime Cyberverse Battle Tactics Bulkhead MOSC Sealed Lot - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 39 minutes 47 seconds
2016 Hasbro, Transformers Combiner Wars - Skywarp - New, MISP - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 40 minutes 1 second
New Transformers Cloud9 C9 W01 Quakeblast G1 Masterpiece Shockwave instock toy - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 41 minutes 12 seconds
CM's Transformers Gutto-Kuru Figure 51 God Masterforce Ginrai / - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 44 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise Scorponok MOSC Sealed Prime RID Lot - Time Remaining: 8 days 2 hours 44 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters DARKSTEEL Predacon, TARGET EXCLUSIVE MIB - Time Remaining: 13 days 17 hours 46 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Platinum Edition - Grimlock Vs. Decepticon Bruticus Figure Pack - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 54 minutes 12 seconds
New Transformers mini DX9 X33 Sonic Wizard Figure in stock MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 54 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017