Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:There's still chance that they can add weapons in, after all there is a few months yet till he shows up at retail.


Based on what we've seen so far, I would put that chance at about 0.001%.

There's always a bit of hope for an SDCC version with a sword.

You mean like the SDCC Trypticon with Brunt we got? ;) The only reason the SDCC version came with a sword was because the Takara Tomy version did. Until Tryps came along all of the Takara Tomy Titans came with something the Hasbro retail versions didn't (Metroplex - two guns, Devastator - more weapons, Fort Max - Master Sword), but then Trypticon came along and he was identical to Hasbro's and Hasbro didn't do an SDCC version. The chances of a better version of Predaking happening are pretty slim now.

Emerje


SDCC Devsatator has chrome and a new head, different from the UW version

Wait, what????!!! Isn't the SDCC head the same as the shadeless UW one ?
Nope. The UW had a new head with swappable eyes/visor a la Titan class Metroplex. There's three different head options for Titan class Devastator.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29920
News Credits: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby william-james88 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:19 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Nope. The UW had a new head with swappable eyes/visor a la Titan class Metroplex. There's three different head options for Titan class Devastator.

Cool, I never knew that.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 21510
News Credits: 934
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:49 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Nope. The UW had a new head with swappable eyes/visor a la Titan class Metroplex. There's three different head options for Titan class Devastator.

Cool, I never knew that.


<insert G.I. Joe catchphrase>

Point is, no Trypticon for SDCC 2017 may have been a fluke, especially with the TLK movie promoted at the time. We'll have to wait and see when SDCC 2018 comes and passes.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, or a spare TR Furos, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 20159
News Credits: 25
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:56 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Nope. The UW had a new head with swappable eyes/visor a la Titan class Metroplex. There's three different head options for Titan class Devastator.

Cool, I never knew that.


<insert G.I. Joe catchphrase>

Point is, no Trypticon for SDCC 2017 may have been a fluke, especially with the TLK movie promoted at the time. We'll have to wait and see when SDCC 2018 comes and passes.
Or maybe Trypticon was Hasbro's first go at attempting to unify the brand across the board with only one version of that figure in all markets, which they're carrying over into POTP and Studio Series.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29920
News Credits: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking On Display at Australian Toy Fair with G1 Self

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:19 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Thanks to Ozformers coverage of the Australian Toy Fair, we have some new images of the new Titan Class Predaking figure, shown on display in individual Predacon modes, combined Predaking mode, and with his G1 self! The new images show us just how much bigger Titan Class Predaking is compared to his G1 self, as well as how each figure looks compared to their older selves. Of note is how the new figures are not that much bigger than their G1 selves as individuals, but the combined form is much taller and skinnier. It is a bit sad to see G1 Predaking with a sword whereas his new self does not come with one, though he does have the faithful wrist gun.

Check out the images below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Image

Image

Image

Image
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Follow the Beasts to the D-Max Den... If you're brave enough
Image
Looking for a figure? Want to Get rid of one? I may have it for you or I may want it!!!
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 12859
News Credits: 290
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Acesmcgee » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Looking over the pics, the look of titan Predaking definitely fits the CW look. In some odd way that pleases me.
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 pm
Location: Birmingham, Michigan
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby WeatherManNX01 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Motto: "I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me."
I don't buy third-party stuff anymore, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting a set of swords for Predaking (and I'm sure someone started designing them as soon as he/she found out the set hasn't any swords).
User avatar
WeatherManNX01
Vehicon
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:27 pm
Location: SCPA/CNY
Watch WeatherManNX01 on YouTube
Buy from WeatherManNX01 on eBay

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby YoungPrime » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:47 pm

Titan Predaking looks like he's wearing a corsette (extra tight).

Sorry but that is not worth $150.

If it turns up at clearance for 50% off sometime next year I might be interested. Otherwise I'll just stick with the G1 set.
Image
YoungPrime
Combiner
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:17 pm

I'm guessing there's a sticker sheet missing.... and I'm *really* hoping those are just prototype hands.... why they'd file the spiked knuckles off.... I don't understand. Especially considering the Monstructor/Volcanicus fists are still spiked. It's also a crime we didn't get the BH Prime (?) sword. It's been supersized several times already and I *think* that's the sword the G1 reissue came with as well?
SpikeyTigertron
Fuzor
Posts: 263
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Acesmcgee » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:31 pm

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
With the box image showing spik3d fists, I would imagine that the hands are incorrect, I hope. That would be sad to be missing out on spiked fists.
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 pm
Location: Birmingham, Michigan
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Relic0037 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:32 pm

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Nice "Father & Son Picnic" photos of Predaking there. Hopefully, we get a SDCC version with a sword because the missing sword will bother me enough to spend another $50 to get it.
User avatar
Relic0037
Fuzor
Posts: 290
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:15 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Randomhero » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:39 pm

Acesmcgee wrote:With the box image showing spik3d fists, I would imagine that the hands are incorrect, I hope. That would be sad to be missing out on spiked fists.



That’s just artwork. He doesn’t have the spikes. The artist was probably given designs or like abominus just based it off the original.
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2018
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Acesmcgee » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:41 pm

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Randomhero wrote:
Acesmcgee wrote:With the box image showing spik3d fists, I would imagine that the hands are incorrect, I hope. That would be sad to be missing out on spiked fists.



That’s just artwork. He doesn’t have the spikes. The artist was probably given designs or like abominus just based it off the original.

Wasn't there a rough prototype picture floating about that had spikes? If I am recalling that correctly I wonder why they changed their mind on it?
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 pm
Location: Birmingham, Michigan
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Randomhero » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:43 pm

Acesmcgee wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Acesmcgee wrote:With the box image showing spik3d fists, I would imagine that the hands are incorrect, I hope. That would be sad to be missing out on spiked fists.



That’s just artwork. He doesn’t have the spikes. The artist was probably given designs or like abominus just based it off the original.

Wasn't there a rough prototype picture floating about that had spikes? If I am recalling that correctly I wonder why they changed their mind on it?


No.
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2018
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Acesmcgee » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:47 pm

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Was thinking of this image from a bit ago.
Attachments
Power-Of-The-Prime-Predaking-Cyberverse-Megatron.jpg
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 pm
Location: Birmingham, Michigan
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Randomhero » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:50 pm

Acesmcgee wrote:Was thinking of this image from a bit ago.


That’s a mock-up. It was nothing but for scale. Divebomb and rampage are just arms. Literally arms.
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2018
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Acesmcgee » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:09 pm

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Randomhero wrote:
Acesmcgee wrote:Was thinking of this image from a bit ago.


That’s a mock-up. It was nothing but for scale. Divebomb and rampage are just arms. Literally arms.

I understood it was a mock-up, but I have to disagree slightly here. A mock-up wouldn't be done for scale alone. Generally in the design process a mock would be done to also give the chance for feedback and direction on where the lead wants the design to change slightly. It's often easier to do it in increments like that, then propose the final design and be forced to rehash something that may involve incredible back-tracking on your work. That's why I am curious as to where in the process they dropped the spikes.
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 pm
Location: Birmingham, Michigan
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:11 pm

Now that *would* be interesting if the HasCon/SDCC came with a sword and spiked knuckles. I will say I was sad there wasn't a "premium" Tyrpticon... those stickers... **** those stickers....

I'm also assuming we'll get wing stickers for divebomb
SpikeyTigertron
Fuzor
Posts: 263
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:13 pm

Acesmcgee wrote:Was thinking of this image from a bit ago.


I mean... they kept the "mounting plate" for the spikes... so..... *crosses fingers*

Maybe a designer accidentally stepped on a lego or something one night and said 'NO SPIKES!"
SpikeyTigertron
Fuzor
Posts: 263
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Acesmcgee » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:16 pm

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I was thinking the same thing on stickers, hoping that will be the case. As for sword and the spikes, well, I'll probably spring for 3rd party hands, but give him TFC's Ares sword.
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 pm
Location: Birmingham, Michigan
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:22 pm

Acesmcgee wrote:I was thinking the same thing on stickers, hoping that will be the case. As for sword and the spikes, well, I'll probably spring for 3rd party hands, but give him TFC's Ares sword.


Now there's something that deserved an individual release lol. PE might do an enlarged (gold) version of their Dinobots sword.
SpikeyTigertron
Fuzor
Posts: 263
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby Randomhero » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:17 pm

SpikeyTigertron wrote:
Acesmcgee wrote:I was thinking the same thing on stickers, hoping that will be the case. As for sword and the spikes, well, I'll probably spring for 3rd party hands, but give him TFC's Ares sword.


Now there's something that deserved an individual release lol. PE might do an enlarged (gold) version of their Dinobots sword.



No becuase then you’ll complain that it’s just a recoolor. They’ll make their own sword and guns and charge $50 and then another set for hands and feet and charge another $50 and then you can say you spent an additional $100 on articulated hands and a sword and small guns that will be in the box while he stands on a shelf but hey, at lest he’s got spiked knuckles and articulated fingers? Yay?
Randomhero
Gestalt
Posts: 2018
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:44 pm

Randomhero wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:
Acesmcgee wrote:I was thinking the same thing on stickers, hoping that will be the case. As for sword and the spikes, well, I'll probably spring for 3rd party hands, but give him TFC's Ares sword.


Now there's something that deserved an individual release lol. PE might do an enlarged (gold) version of their Dinobots sword.



No becuase then you’ll complain that it’s just a recoolor. They’ll make their own sword and guns and charge $50 and then another set for hands and feet and charge another $50 and then you can say you spent an additional $100 on articulated hands and a sword and small guns that will be in the box while he stands on a shelf but hey, at lest he’s got spiked knuckles and articulated fingers? Yay?


good point on them selling it all separately.... and bundling the feet AND hands together... the feet he's got are fine
SpikeyTigertron
Fuzor
Posts: 263
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:46 pm

I've also never understood the *need* for articulated fingers... more often than not... just makes it harder for them to actually *hold* anything. but yay for letting them give someone the bird I guess?
SpikeyTigertron
Fuzor
Posts: 263
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking Thread

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:35 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
It looks like 3 of the 5 will at least have weapons. The lack of sword, even a light saber type deal, is disappointing.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5647
News Credits: 172
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #201 - Sweet Boy
Twincast / Podcast #201:
"Sweet Boy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 10th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon