Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Janus Prime » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:17 am

Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Janus Prime wrote:The Cyberverse Predaking repaint is really driving me crazy, it feels like an obvious homage but I just can´t figure it out. I´m resisting the idea of him being Beas Wars Neo Crazybolt.

RiD Megatron maybe?


I looked a lot of pictures last night trying to find out. Some guys on Facebook think he´s Universe Razorclaw.
Janus Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 250
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:19 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Janus Prime wrote:The Cyberverse Predaking repaint is really driving me crazy, it feels like an obvious homage but I just can´t figure it out. I´m resisting the idea of him being Beas Wars Neo Crazybolt.

RiD Megatron maybe?


I was just about to suggest that.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Image

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
User avatar
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6382
News Credits: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby knocking predacon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:17 am

I was hoping sky lynx would be a repaint of predaking...
knocking predacon
Mini-Con
Posts: 4
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:01 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Flux Convoy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
I'll pick up the Abominus. Possibly the Cryotek as well. The rest I can easily pass on.
:BOT:
Image
Flux Convoy
City Commander
Posts: 3032
News Credits: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:59 am
Location: Spinning my wheels into the void.
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Sodan-1 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:05 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
Sky Lynx??? Erm... Nope. Not buying it. Dark Steel looks pretty badass. Not sure it outshines Grimwing or Takara's upcoming version though. Ultimately for me it's good to know where all these will be available in the UK. Looks like I'll need to find a Tesco if I want Ultimate Predaking. At least I won't waste time fruitlessly visiting Toys R Us every week looking for him.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
Posts: 2345
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:35 am
Location: Right where you'd least expect me to be.

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby craggy » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Sodan-1 wrote:Sky Lynx??? Erm... Nope. Not buying it. Dark Steel looks pretty badass. Not sure it outshines Grimwing or Takara's upcoming version though. Ultimately for me it's good to know where all these will be available in the UK. Looks like I'll need to find a Tesco if I want Ultimate Predaking. At least I won't waste time fruitlessly visiting Toys R Us every week looking for him.

you have to look for a Tesco? I could probably spin round blindfolded and walk into one within half an hour here. Now, whether that store would have any recent or decent stock is another matter entirely.

As I posted in the UK Sightings Thread, it'd be nice to see us UK collectors helping each other out with this lot. Although, I suppose the same could be said about the rest of the lines, but with these being Tesco exclusives, I have to assume there'll be a higher chance of them all getting a wide release, rather than some other TFs (waves/lines) in the past.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4773
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Darth Jumpy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:02 pm

I want Sky Lynx. I would have preferred if he had some Autobot symbols, but at least he does not have any Decepticon markings either.
Darth Jumpy
Mini-Con
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Anybody think that a lot of these repaints are being put out with these names as copyright holders? Maybe we might see a true classics Sky Lynx down the line
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6082
News Credits: 237
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby RAcast » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:48 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Anybody think that a lot of these repaints are being put out with these names as copyright holders? Maybe we might see a true classics Sky Lynx down the line

It's very possible, especially since there hasn't been a new Sky Lynx since... Cybertron Scourge Lucky Draw deco apparently. :lol: And nothing before that which I know of. I could certainly go for a CHUG Sky Lynx, the best and most glorious and powerful Autobot of all time. :lol:
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
Image
User avatar
RAcast
City Commander
Posts: 3059
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:59 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
RAcast wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Anybody think that a lot of these repaints are being put out with these names as copyright holders? Maybe we might see a true classics Sky Lynx down the line

It's very possible, especially since there hasn't been a new Sky Lynx since... Cybertron Scourge Lucky Draw deco apparently. :lol: And nothing before that which I know of. I could certainly go for a CHUG Sky Lynx, the best and most glorious and powerful Autobot of all time. :lol:
There was a Mini-Con in Cybertron who used the name.
Image

And a 3D Battle-Card Game card.
Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33302
News Credits: 335
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:02 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
RAcast wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Anybody think that a lot of these repaints are being put out with these names as copyright holders? Maybe we might see a true classics Sky Lynx down the line

It's very possible, especially since there hasn't been a new Sky Lynx since... Cybertron Scourge Lucky Draw deco apparently. :lol: And nothing before that which I know of. I could certainly go for a CHUG Sky Lynx, the best and most glorious and powerful Autobot of all time. :lol:


Hasbro trademarks =/= TakaraTomy trademarks. That's why Japan can have Trailbreaker and we have to settle for Trailcutter ;)

Sky Lynx hasn't been used since that Cybertron Mini-Con, Bombshock may be an experiment in finding a substitute for Bombshell as Hardshell was, Cindersaur is another reclaimed name (and will be used for Bot Shots as well) and Darksteel... Can't let a good name go to waste, right? ;)
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos and Crashbash (just heads)
- TR Ravage and Rumble (the red one)
- PotP Punch head
- CW Dead End, Brawl, Swindle, Vortex, among others
- Spare PotP Volcanicus hands
User avatar
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17850
News Credits: 241
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby RAcast » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:42 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Anybody think that a lot of these repaints are being put out with these names as copyright holders? Maybe we might see a true classics Sky Lynx down the line

It's very possible, especially since there hasn't been a new Sky Lynx since... Cybertron Scourge Lucky Draw deco apparently. :lol: And nothing before that which I know of. I could certainly go for a CHUG Sky Lynx, the best and most glorious and powerful Autobot of all time. :lol:
There was a Mini-Con in Cybertron who used the name.
Image

And a 3D Battle-Card Game card.
Image

None of those things homage G1 Skylinx, despite bearing the name. I was pretty clearly talking about homages. :/
Old fasioned games!
And new fashioned friends!
Come on everybody this is Ta-ble Flip!
Image
User avatar
RAcast
City Commander
Posts: 3059
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
If these do come out with alternate names, I'd be MUCH more inclined to buy up these repaints. As it is, I'm already intrigued enough to pick them up and use them as placeholders for the "aligned" versions of the characters these seemingly homage from previous continuities. I'm this close to actually buying the Beast Hunters Bulkhead remolds as substitues for Roadbuster.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
News Staff
Posts: 3681
News Credits: 60
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wolfman Jake wrote:If these do come out with alternate names, I'd be MUCH more inclined to buy up these repaints. As it is, I'm already intrigued enough to pick them up and use them as placeholders for the "aligned" versions of the characters these seemingly homage from previous continuities. I'm this close to actually buying the Beast Hunters Bulkhead remolds as substitues for Roadbuster.
What about Generations FOC Roadbuster?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33302
News Credits: 335
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:04 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:If these do come out with alternate names, I'd be MUCH more inclined to buy up these repaints. As it is, I'm already intrigued enough to pick them up and use them as placeholders for the "aligned" versions of the characters these seemingly homage from previous continuities. I'm this close to actually buying the Beast Hunters Bulkhead remolds as substitues for Roadbuster.
What about Generations FOC Roadbuster?


If he ever is released... >:oP
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Image

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
User avatar
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6382
News Credits: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:What about Generations FOC Roadbuster?


If he ever is released... >:oP


Exactly. :-(

Though, if those Wrecker repaints of the FoC Combaticons do ever see the light of day, Roadbuster will likely be too busy forming Ruination with the rest of his compatriots to pose on my Transformers: Prime shelf.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
News Staff
Posts: 3681
News Credits: 60
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:26 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:What about Generations FOC Roadbuster?


If he ever is released... >:oP


Exactly. :-(

Though, if those Wrecker repaints of the FoC Combaticons do ever see the light of day, Roadbuster will likely be too busy forming Ruination with the rest of his compatriots to pose on my Transformers: Prime shelf.


I tried combining my Bruticus in their configuration to see how it holds.

Let's just say I am more inclined to display them in their individual robot modes than their combined mode.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Image

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
User avatar
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6382
News Credits: 236
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:50 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
That's unfortunate. I was really looking forward to a Wrecker combiner for display. Well, if they end up working better displayed individually, they'll still go on my "Cybertronian" shelf instead of my "Prime" shelf. I use the WfC/FoC figures as an extension of my "Classics/Neo-G1" display to represent the characters in their native Cybertronian forms.

Honestly, Hasbro has been very tepid about really nailing down War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron as definitively part of their "modern/aligned continuity, going forward." When you take into consideration that the creative team behind WfC intended for it to be heavily G1-inspired and compatible before Hasbro made its vague declarations of a "new continuity", the use of the characters as their G1 selves in Takara's comparable "Classics" lines, the adoption of many of these designs by IDW in their ongoing G1 comic book stories, and the myriad of continuity conflicts and errors between various modern Transformers media, you really have to wonder how important this "modern continuity" is to Hasbro in the first place.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
News Staff
Posts: 3681
News Credits: 60
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Seibertron » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:02 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Anybody think that a lot of these repaints are being put out with these names as copyright holders? Maybe we might see a true classics Sky Lynx down the line


I thought the same thing. Here's hoping a proper Sky Lynx figure comes out at some point. :D
Image

Black lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 13084
News Credits: 3454
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:07 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wolfman Jake wrote:Honestly, Hasbro has been very tepid about really nailing down War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron as definitively part of their "modern/aligned continuity, going forward." When you take into consideration that the creative team behind WfC intended for it to be heavily G1-inspired and compatible before Hasbro made its vague declarations of a "new continuity",
Yet, Hasbro was already working on their new continuity by the time High Moon first approached them about making a new video game (WFC). ;)

Plus, wouldn't it naturally make sense for the first chapter of Hasbro's new continuity to be largely based on the first chapter of the brand, with later chapters in the story gradually evoking the later chapters of the brand, and then finally reaching the present day chapter (TF: Prime) that happens to be inspired by the brand's own present day chapter (the movies)? Just a thought. :-B

Dean ML wrote:the use of the characters as their G1 selves in Takara's comparable "Classics" lines,
That was only the case for the United toyline's use of the WFC molds. All FOC molds in Takara's Generations toyline are their Aligned selves, with bios that even more Aligned-y than Hasbro's. ;)

Though, Takara's use of FOC Shockwave was in their Prime line instead, but same case with him being his Aligned self in Japan.

Dean ML wrote:the adoption of many of these designs by IDW in their ongoing G1 comic book stories, and the myriad of continuity conflicts and errors between various modern Transformers media, you really have to wonder how important this "modern continuity" is to Hasbro in the first place.
The short answer is that, unfortunately for those of us who care about it, Hasbro simply has a different definition of "continuity" than the fans do. :-(
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33302
News Credits: 335
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:35 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
All the more reason I'm perfectly happy to adopt the WfC/FoC figures into my Classics collection. If Hasbro doesn't care too much about rigid categories, neither will I. ;)

Still, it's weird to see such a wish-washy stance from Hasbro, who on the one hand have been deliberately blurring the lines between continuities on their toy bios as far back as the "Transformers 2010" releases, while simultaneously drumming up excitement for a newly aligned modern story for the brand that makes a bigger mess of continuity than the original cartoon and Marvel comics ever did.

So as not to hijack the thread completely, I'll get back on topic and ponder what other homages Hasbro could and could have put out for the Beast Hunters line. I'm sticking with BH Bulkhead as a Roadbuster stand-in (the ambiguous headsculpt seals the deal for me on this). Maybe a redecoed BH Wheeljack as Slicer?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
News Staff
Posts: 3681
News Credits: 60
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Wolfman Jake wrote:Maybe a redecoed BH Wheeljack as Slicer?
Dark Energon Wheeljack already covered that. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33302
News Credits: 335
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Seibertron » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:43 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Honestly, Hasbro has been very tepid about really nailing down War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron as definitively part of their "modern/aligned continuity, going forward." When you take into consideration that the creative team behind WfC intended for it to be heavily G1-inspired and compatible before Hasbro made its vague declarations of a "new continuity",
Yet, Hasbro was already working on their new continuity by the time High Moon first approached them about making a new video game (WFC). ;)

Plus, wouldn't it naturally make sense for the first chapter of Hasbro's new continuity to be largely based on the first chapter of the brand, with later chapters in the story gradually evoking the later chapters of the brand, and then finally reaching the present day chapter (TF: Prime) that happens to be inspired by the brand's own present day chapter (the movies)? Just a thought. :-B

Dean ML wrote:the use of the characters as their G1 selves in Takara's comparable "Classics" lines,
That was only the case for the United toyline's use of the WFC molds. All FOC molds in Takara's Generations toyline are their Aligned selves, with bios that even more Aligned-y than Hasbro's. ;)

Though, Takara's use of FOC Shockwave was in their Prime line instead, but same case with him being his Aligned self in Japan.

Dean ML wrote:the adoption of many of these designs by IDW in their ongoing G1 comic book stories, and the myriad of continuity conflicts and errors between various modern Transformers media, you really have to wonder how important this "modern continuity" is to Hasbro in the first place.
The short answer is that, unfortunately for those of us who care about it, Hasbro simply has a different definition of "continuity" than the fans do. :-(


And what do you think will happen to the Aligned continuity now that the key people behind it are no longer there? Should be interesting to see how things play out over the next 5 to 10 years.
Image

Black lives matter! Show your support for racial equality. Update your motto on Seibertron.com forums to say 'Til All Are One!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 13084
News Credits: 3454
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Wolfman Jake » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Sabrblade wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:Maybe a redecoed BH Wheeljack as Slicer?
Dark Energon Wheeljack already covered that. ;)


#-o I forgot about those PRiD exclusives. Yeah, that's not a bad Slicer stand-in, if you get some reprolables. I was thinking more along the lines of the current BH remolds with the spiky armor and "bestial" flourishes in design. A repainted BH Wheeljack could be a Slicer who could really live up to his name. ;) Or, how about a repaint of BH Soundwave as Soundblaster?
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
News Staff
Posts: 3681
News Credits: 60
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Predacons Rising" Exclusives Revealed

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Seibertron wrote:And what do you think will happen to the Aligned continuity now that the key people behind it are no longer there? Should be interesting to see how things play out over the next 5 to 10 years.
Indeed. That is a good question. The future's pretty questionable once Prime, TF4, and Rescue Bots season 2 come and go.

Twould be a shame for all that hype for this continuity to have been mostly all for naught, as well as for the big hole in the middle of its story to be left unexplored. But, I'd think Hasbro would at least be smart enough to not let a 300+ page Binder bible go to waste after all the time and effort that was spent into making it, so we might still at least get something based around the Binder's info.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 33302
News Credits: 335
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Galvatronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
Twincast / Podcast #256:
"Netflix and Siege"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers fall of Cybertron Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SDCC 2005 Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 3 DINGLEDEEDOO Toilet Plunger Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw, Frenzy and Rabat.." on EBAY
Buy "AFA 8.5 Transformers Generations Shockwave Fall of Cybertron made by Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Bumblebee And Spike New In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations WfC/ FoC Deluxe 5 figure lot Megatron, Soundwave,..." on EBAY