Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby NTESHFT » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:03 am

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Skritz wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:Whether one has made peace with the “new” deluxe sizes..... or not.... i’m Loving the scale of everything


I mean, are they really that small? I got Skythread who is basically a 'deluxe minus' for that line and he's mostly in scale with CW deluxes and a smidge smaller than TR deluxes.



I don't see any problem with the size myself. I have Skytread nextto my Monsterbots. Hee is slightly shorter than them but scales nicely to me..

As for Omega... WWWWOOOOOOWWWW!!!! I zo can't wait for him...
Image
User avatar
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: Dirty South
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Alt Mode: NISMO 370Z
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:16 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:I'd be more impressed if Siege Jetfire has waist articulation since he has that huge column of jet nose all the way down his front.


It is tough to tell if he has waist articulation or not. All of the Hasbro digital renders have him mistranformed. The nose of the jet is supposed to fold under the cockpit but it isn't in the official renders (so very Hasbro). The Takara official photos have him correctly transformed, but I can't tell if there is a waist swivel or not.
TF-fan kev777
Brainmaster
Posts: 1258
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:48 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby dragons » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:16 pm

SciFi80sGameFan wrote:Big disapointment. Not motorized. Gonna look real foolish for us 40 year olds (because we're the only ones that can afford this - NOT kids) to look like 5 year olds pushing a tank around a track. CHOO-CHOO, anyone? Please, Major Pass!



Are you sure before transformers was popular by bay I read comments from other members cashiers have said are you little old be buying toys any adult who buy toys for collection people who don’t understand them consider them adults being little kids so it don’t matter if toy motorized or not if you have toys in you house for you collection not little kids to touch other adults who are not in your type of collection may look at you as five year old these toys are made for kids not adults by company that makes things for kids not adults
Image
dragons
Gestalt
Posts: 2963
News Credits: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:24 pm

dragons wrote:Are you sure before transformers was popular by bay I read comments from other members cashiers have said are you little old be buying toys any adult who buy toys for collection people who don’t understand them consider them adults being little kids so it don’t matter if toy motorized or not if you have toys in you house for you collection not little kids to touch other adults who are not in your type of collection may look at you as five year old these toys are made for kids not adults by company that makes things for kids not adults


Trying to read this made my brain hurt and my left eye twitch a little...
TF-fan kev777
Brainmaster
Posts: 1258
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:48 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:17 pm

sol magnus wrote:
Hasbro Pulse:
Before we go any further, I have to ask, does this Omega Supreme figure have waist articulation?

John:
He does, he definitely does. We get that question a lot! “He’s cool, but does he have waist articulation?” It’s funny how much the G1 toy design has influenced people’s opinion. I remember as a kid this guy really throwing down in the cartoon, and he would bend at his waist, and could do all this different cool stuff. I remember playing with the G1 toy as a kid, and thinking to myself, “Wow…not only is it smaller than the cartoon, but it’s definitely not moving like the cartoon.” Fans of Siege know there’s a lot of articulation we built into these figures, and we wanted to make sure that the Titan Class character also had the same level of articulation.


Amazing how cartoon accuracy comes into play here as desirable, whereas some Masterpiece collectors now decry it as a crime.


You are talking about two different things, what fans dislike in the MP line is cartoon aesthetic. That's not what's being talked about in what you quoted.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 24701
News Credits: 2413
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Motto: ""There is no fate, no destiny, only your will.""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
sol magnus wrote:
Hasbro Pulse:
Before we go any further, I have to ask, does this Omega Supreme figure have waist articulation?

John:
He does, he definitely does. We get that question a lot! “He’s cool, but does he have waist articulation?” It’s funny how much the G1 toy design has influenced people’s opinion. I remember as a kid this guy really throwing down in the cartoon, and he would bend at his waist, and could do all this different cool stuff. I remember playing with the G1 toy as a kid, and thinking to myself, “Wow…not only is it smaller than the cartoon, but it’s definitely not moving like the cartoon.” Fans of Siege know there’s a lot of articulation we built into these figures, and we wanted to make sure that the Titan Class character also had the same level of articulation.


Amazing how cartoon accuracy comes into play here as desirable, whereas some Masterpiece collectors now decry it as a crime.


Their is a difference between what Siege does in that regard as compared MP figures. The Siege stuff still has lots of heavy detailing and although it is more show accurate it can still mesh with past generations figures. MP on the other hand has taken such a drastic shift from being a mix of aesthetics to being almost purely G1 toon than people are being turned off since the new stuff doesn't mesh as well.
You can trust the man who speaks in purple
Wireless_Phantom
Vehicon
Posts: 325
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:57 pm
Watch Wireless_Phantom on YouTube
Alt Mode: White Transmetal Dragon
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Gemstonegemini » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
I picked up my first couple Battle Masters today, and they're cool enough I guess, kinda like a side grade to mini-cons. What was disappointing was something that is either a design flaw or quality control issue. The pegs that are meant to be held in gun mode don't do their job at all, and they end up flopping around all over the place unless the gun is held straight down or completely horizontal. I'm not in full on buyers remorse mode, but I don't imagine I'll be getting any more.
;;)
User avatar
Gemstonegemini
Micromaster
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 am
Location: UK
Alt Mode: Lil jet
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby sol magnus » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:30 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
william-james88 wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
Hasbro Pulse:
Before we go any further, I have to ask, does this Omega Supreme figure have waist articulation?

John:
He does, he definitely does. We get that question a lot! “He’s cool, but does he have waist articulation?” It’s funny how much the G1 toy design has influenced people’s opinion. I remember as a kid this guy really throwing down in the cartoon, and he would bend at his waist, and could do all this different cool stuff. I remember playing with the G1 toy as a kid, and thinking to myself, “Wow…not only is it smaller than the cartoon, but it’s definitely not moving like the cartoon.” Fans of Siege know there’s a lot of articulation we built into these figures, and we wanted to make sure that the Titan Class character also had the same level of articulation.


Amazing how cartoon accuracy comes into play here as desirable, whereas some Masterpiece collectors now decry it as a crime.


You are talking about two different things, what fans dislike in the MP line is cartoon aesthetic. That's not what's being talked about in what you quoted.


Not precisely, no. But related. "It's definitely not moving like the cartoon" and such (nevermind the fact that Omega Supreme and the later mentioned Jetfire had no real "waist" in the show) still takes as a positive a point about how the figures were in the cartoon aesthetic.

My point is really more about the evolution of the complaint. When I was a kid, while I was fine with the toys themselves, I did enjoy the idea of a more cartoon accurate figure. When we got them, they didn't transform, but we did get them.

As time has gone on, the masterpiece line has become more criticized (rightly or wrongly) about "slavish devotion" to the animation, but to me, that's a fantastic innovation. That's not to say I don't still love figures that don't adhere so stringently - I basically traded my Classics/Generations collection for my Masterpiece one, and I've considered returning with the really, really cool Siege figures.

Anyway, I don't want to go too far off on a tangent. I'm looking at potentially getting these (I already bought the Ultra Magnus and am eyeing a Soundwave at my local Walmart), and I like the reminiscence but not exactness to the show they've built into these figures while also taking some cues from the Masterpiece line. Omega would be a (ahem) huge addition in that regard.
sol magnus
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby sol magnus » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:32 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Wireless_Phantom wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
Hasbro Pulse:
Before we go any further, I have to ask, does this Omega Supreme figure have waist articulation?

John:
He does, he definitely does. We get that question a lot! “He’s cool, but does he have waist articulation?” It’s funny how much the G1 toy design has influenced people’s opinion. I remember as a kid this guy really throwing down in the cartoon, and he would bend at his waist, and could do all this different cool stuff. I remember playing with the G1 toy as a kid, and thinking to myself, “Wow…not only is it smaller than the cartoon, but it’s definitely not moving like the cartoon.” Fans of Siege know there’s a lot of articulation we built into these figures, and we wanted to make sure that the Titan Class character also had the same level of articulation.


Amazing how cartoon accuracy comes into play here as desirable, whereas some Masterpiece collectors now decry it as a crime.


Their is a difference between what Siege does in that regard as compared MP figures. The Siege stuff still has lots of heavy detailing and although it is more show accurate it can still mesh with past generations figures. MP on the other hand has taken such a drastic shift from being a mix of aesthetics to being almost purely G1 toon than people are being turned off since the new stuff doesn't mesh as well.

See my later post.
sol magnus
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:39 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter which universe or timeline you’re from. If you’re dedicated to defending it, you’re on my side."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:I'd be more impressed if Siege Jetfire has waist articulation since he has that huge column of jet nose all the way down his front.


It is tough to tell if he has waist articulation or not. All of the Hasbro digital renders have him mistranformed. The nose of the jet is supposed to fold under the cockpit but it isn't in the official renders (so very Hasbro). The Takara official photos have him correctly transformed, but I can't tell if there is a waist swivel or not.


I'm pretty sure he does have a waist swivel. Looking at the Takara photos, it appears as though the sides of his waist are curved to allow one, his belt buckle is low enough to not impede with his waist, and the waist section looks like it could be jointed.

If he does end up with waist articulation, he's already. Better articulated than most 3rd party versions. If not, who's to complain for 1/4 the price and a ton more accessories, not to mention that the height is similar.
Nathaniel Prime
News Moderator
Posts: 683
News Credits: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:51 am
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Omegatron. » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Motto: "When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Funny, my Ultra Magnus came with Japanese instructions as well as English ones.

20190312_223236.jpg


20190312_223438.jpg


20190312_223447.jpg


20190312_223551.jpg


20190312_223600.jpg


As expected, there's basically no differences. Though there is a QR code which goes here, which is apparently something to do with WeChat.
User avatar
Omegatron.
Micromaster
Posts: 78
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:19 pm
Location: England
Alt Mode: Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
SGMLordMirage wrote:D-max, that would be an awesome pic to see of your living room. I guess for the sake of showing off ages and having a little fun with our transformers, I will be 48 in June. :). Any consolation, I rotate what I have with me here in Virginia in my one display case and at work.
Back to Omega Supreme, I know if i could afford it, i would almost buy two of these, just to display in both modes. I know my future transformers room back home, won’t have room for that!

If you want to see, you can just go HERE!
Ironhidensh wrote:So, anybody actually planning on paying full price for Omega? I can't wait for him to hit the discount sales.

I'm debating it. He is really cool and impressive, and I have the expendable income, and I'll potentially have a space there during the summer where there will be few other purchases. And I did go all in on Predaking, so I don't think I'll mind full price.
Immortal Starscream wrote:
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
AlphaBass wrote:You have no idea the random conversations I get at my desk when they see POTP Predaking against Shattered Glass Optimus Prime. Actually helps to lighten the mood a bit; co-workers consider my desk a "safe space" to forget themselves for a bit.

Sometimes it isn't always about you ;)^


Before I got let go, my desk was full of Transformers and SW Black Series. Not only did they help me get through the day, but they were good conversation starters.


Same for me. my office at work is loaded with a spattering of transformers, legends, and motu. and count me on the list of 40year olds who play with their toys, and DAMN PROUD OF IT! :-D

Same here! You should have seen the day I brought in Predaking, I had a coworker walk into my cube and go "You are not ******* around today are you?!" it was fantastic.

And several of my coworkers have young kids, and the one has a boy who loves RiD Sideswipe, so he takes great interest in any Sideswipe I bring in, like the Siege one, which he said was awesome.
sol magnus wrote:Amazing how cartoon accuracy comes into play here as desirable, whereas some Masterpiece collectors now decry it as a crime.

I feel like in this case, the "cartoon" design is done better because it has the details to work with it. Look at MP Inferno and then look at Omega: Inferno is almost entirely flat red, while Omega is a sea of colors with detailing and greeble. This is Masterpiece during the Super Car era, not the modern era, and I think that is the difference.
Gemstonegemini wrote:I picked up my first couple Battle Masters today, and they're cool enough I guess, kinda like a side grade to mini-cons. What was disappointing was something that is either a design flaw or quality control issue. The pegs that are meant to be held in gun mode don't do their job at all, and they end up flopping around all over the place unless the gun is held straight down or completely horizontal. I'm not in full on buyers remorse mode, but I don't imagine I'll be getting any more.

That's the downside to ball joints sadly. Mine hold up fine, but they are usually in weapon mode, save for Lionizer, so they don't hold their weapons often.

Shame you are out of the Battlemasters too, considering we have the epic SMASHDOWN coming!
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15445
News Credits: 1322
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby SGMLordMirage » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:21 pm

Motto: "In my book: Treat as hostile here and now, apologize later!"
Weapon: Air-To-Ground Missiles
For D-Max, sweet collection, love it!
User avatar
SGMLordMirage
Minibot
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:31 pm
Location: Ft. Lee, VA
Buy from SGMLordMirage on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Gemstonegemini » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:I picked up my first couple Battle Masters today, and they're cool enough I guess, kinda like a side grade to mini-cons. What was disappointing was something that is either a design flaw or quality control issue. The pegs that are meant to be held in gun mode don't do their job at all, and they end up flopping around all over the place unless the gun is held straight down or completely horizontal. I'm not in full on buyers remorse mode, but I don't imagine I'll be getting any more.

That's the downside to ball joints sadly. Mine hold up fine, but they are usually in weapon mode, save for Lionizer, so they don't hold their weapons often.

Shame you are out of the Battlemasters too, considering we have the epic SMASHDOWN coming!


Sorry, I think I was unclear. I meant to say the handle of their gun mode is like, slippery? Or maybe just a hair too small. Like there's no friction when the gun mode is held so it can basically spin around freely unless in a position where gravity has little effect.
;;)
User avatar
Gemstonegemini
Micromaster
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 am
Location: UK
Alt Mode: Lil jet
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:30 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Gemstonegemini wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:I picked up my first couple Battle Masters today, and they're cool enough I guess, kinda like a side grade to mini-cons. What was disappointing was something that is either a design flaw or quality control issue. The pegs that are meant to be held in gun mode don't do their job at all, and they end up flopping around all over the place unless the gun is held straight down or completely horizontal. I'm not in full on buyers remorse mode, but I don't imagine I'll be getting any more.

That's the downside to ball joints sadly. Mine hold up fine, but they are usually in weapon mode, save for Lionizer, so they don't hold their weapons often.

Shame you are out of the Battlemasters too, considering we have the epic SMASHDOWN coming!


Sorry, I think I was unclear. I meant to say the handle of their gun mode is like, slippery? Like there's no friction when the gun mode is held so it can basically spin around freely unless in a position where gravity has little effect.

Ah, ok, I see now. Mine still don't have that issue, so it might be a bad copy in your case.

But don't let that stop you from trying some others out. Smashdown looks to be great, and they're only small pocket money guys, so it doesn't hurt to try them out, especially with the cool blast effects
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15445
News Credits: 1322
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Gemstonegemini » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:I picked up my first couple Battle Masters today, and they're cool enough I guess, kinda like a side grade to mini-cons. What was disappointing was something that is either a design flaw or quality control issue. The pegs that are meant to be held in gun mode don't do their job at all, and they end up flopping around all over the place unless the gun is held straight down or completely horizontal. I'm not in full on buyers remorse mode, but I don't imagine I'll be getting any more.

That's the downside to ball joints sadly. Mine hold up fine, but they are usually in weapon mode, save for Lionizer, so they don't hold their weapons often.

Shame you are out of the Battlemasters too, considering we have the epic SMASHDOWN coming!


Sorry, I think I was unclear. I meant to say the handle of their gun mode is like, slippery? Like there's no friction when the gun mode is held so it can basically spin around freely unless in a position where gravity has little effect.

Ah, ok, I see now. Mine still don't have that issue, so it might be a bad copy in your case.

But don't let that stop you from trying some others out. Smashdown looks to be great, and they're only small pocket money guys, so it doesn't hurt to try them out, especially with the cool blast effects


It's not a huge disappointment seeing as I got them to see what the blast effects where anyways,and those are cool regardless. And to be completely honest, I may say that I'm not buying in to the battlemasters anymore, but I'm ignoring my complete lack of will power, especially when, like you said, they're pretty cheap.
;;)
User avatar
Gemstonegemini
Micromaster
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 am
Location: UK
Alt Mode: Lil jet
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Gemstonegemini wrote:It's not a huge disappointment seeing as I got them to see what the blast effects where anyways,and those are cool regardless. And to be completely honest, I may say that I'm not buying in to the battlemasters anymore, but I'm ignoring my complete lack of will power, especially when, like you said, they're pretty cheap.

I feel you there, I was not gonna get the Siege voyager Prime, and then I did in a moment of weakness, and by golly he is one of the most fun figures to Transform I own. He is an amazing figure and I am so glad I picked him up.

On another note, for those who were looking at the box art, we got some really awesome shots of them from back at Toy Fair in this story here:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... air/42944/
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15445
News Credits: 1322
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Gemstonegemini » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:It's not a huge disappointment seeing as I got them to see what the blast effects where anyways,and those are cool regardless. And to be completely honest, I may say that I'm not buying in to the battlemasters anymore, but I'm ignoring my complete lack of will power, especially when, like you said, they're pretty cheap.

I feel you there, I was not gonna get the Siege voyager Prime, and then I did in a moment of weakness, and by golly he is one of the most fun figures to Transform I own. He is an amazing figure and I am so glad I picked him up. /


Same story here. When I first saw Siege Prime I was like, "I don't need this, I already have 2 classics Primes, and the Ultra Magnus repaint. Getting this would be pointless." Yeah, that didn't last long, and I'm super glad I got him too. It's kinda nice to have a pretty definitive G1 Prime in my collection.
;;)
User avatar
Gemstonegemini
Micromaster
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 am
Location: UK
Alt Mode: Lil jet
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:21 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Gemstonegemini wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:It's not a huge disappointment seeing as I got them to see what the blast effects where anyways,and those are cool regardless. And to be completely honest, I may say that I'm not buying in to the battlemasters anymore, but I'm ignoring my complete lack of will power, especially when, like you said, they're pretty cheap.

I feel you there, I was not gonna get the Siege voyager Prime, and then I did in a moment of weakness, and by golly he is one of the most fun figures to Transform I own. He is an amazing figure and I am so glad I picked him up. /


Same story here. When I first saw Siege Prime I was like, "I don't need this, I already have 2 classics Primes, and the Ultra Magnus repaint. Getting this would be pointless." Yeah, that didn't last long, and I'm super glad I got him too. It's kinda nice to have a pretty definitive G1 Prime in my collection.

Agreed. I finally have a G1-ish Prime that is completely competent in both modes, transforms in a very fun manner, and is just great by himself. Oh and he has an ax, that is a huge thing for me, I love axes
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15445
News Credits: 1322
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Gemstonegemini » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:26 pm

Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:It's not a huge disappointment seeing as I got them to see what the blast effects where anyways,and those are cool regardless. And to be completely honest, I may say that I'm not buying in to the battlemasters anymore, but I'm ignoring my complete lack of will power, especially when, like you said, they're pretty cheap.

I feel you there, I was not gonna get the Siege voyager Prime, and then I did in a moment of weakness, and by golly he is one of the most fun figures to Transform I own. He is an amazing figure and I am so glad I picked him up. /


Same story here. When I first saw Siege Prime I was like, "I don't need this, I already have 2 classics Primes, and the Ultra Magnus repaint. Getting this would be pointless." Yeah, that didn't last long, and I'm super glad I got him too. It's kinda nice to have a pretty definitive G1 Prime in my collection.

Agreed. I finally have a G1-ish Prime that is completely competent in both modes, transforms in a very fun manner, and is just great by himself. Oh and he has an ax, that is a huge thing for me, I love axes


Yeah! The axe is badass, plus after I bought him I realized that it's the only Prime I own that actually has the Original G1 style blaster, which was super cool, as it always was one of my favourite weapon designs. Although, it does seemed to have sparked something of an Optimus collecting addiction. Since him I've also picked up SS05, The TR Voyager, I've got a POTP Optimus coming soon, and I've got my eye on ss38 :lol:
;;)
User avatar
Gemstonegemini
Micromaster
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 am
Location: UK
Alt Mode: Lil jet
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:30 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Gemstonegemini wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:It's not a huge disappointment seeing as I got them to see what the blast effects where anyways,and those are cool regardless. And to be completely honest, I may say that I'm not buying in to the battlemasters anymore, but I'm ignoring my complete lack of will power, especially when, like you said, they're pretty cheap.

I feel you there, I was not gonna get the Siege voyager Prime, and then I did in a moment of weakness, and by golly he is one of the most fun figures to Transform I own. He is an amazing figure and I am so glad I picked him up. /


Same story here. When I first saw Siege Prime I was like, "I don't need this, I already have 2 classics Primes, and the Ultra Magnus repaint. Getting this would be pointless." Yeah, that didn't last long, and I'm super glad I got him too. It's kinda nice to have a pretty definitive G1 Prime in my collection.

Agreed. I finally have a G1-ish Prime that is completely competent in both modes, transforms in a very fun manner, and is just great by himself. Oh and he has an ax, that is a huge thing for me, I love axes


Yeah! The axe is badass, plus after I bought him I realized that it's the only Prime I own that actually has the Original G1 style blaster, which was super cool, as it always was one of my favourite weapon designs. Although, it does seemed to have sparked something of an Optimus collecting addiction. Since him I've also picked up SS05, The TR Voyager, I've got a POTP Optimus coming soon, and I've got my eye on ss38 :lol:

Oh man, you want to talk about OP collecting, this all happened by accident, I was not planning to collect Optimus Primes!

Image

I look at the Optimi from the previous lines, and while each has some good, none are quite perfect. CW Battle Core Prime gorgeous and I love the bulk and the headsculpt. Just wish he was a bit more posable and had better combined mode legs. TR Powermaster Prime/Ginrai (I have Magnus Prime) is pretty good, but I'm not a huge fan of the head, and Magnus owns that mold to me. That is my definitive Magnus. The voyager Laser Prime is really nice looking, but the arms are limited unfortunately. and then the PotP one doesn't have a great alt mode, but fantastic robot modes.
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15445
News Credits: 1322
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Gemstonegemini » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:39 pm

Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:It's not a huge disappointment seeing as I got them to see what the blast effects where anyways,and those are cool regardless. And to be completely honest, I may say that I'm not buying in to the battlemasters anymore, but I'm ignoring my complete lack of will power, especially when, like you said, they're pretty cheap.

I feel you there, I was not gonna get the Siege voyager Prime, and then I did in a moment of weakness, and by golly he is one of the most fun figures to Transform I own. He is an amazing figure and I am so glad I picked him up. /


Same story here. When I first saw Siege Prime I was like, "I don't need this, I already have 2 classics Primes, and the Ultra Magnus repaint. Getting this would be pointless." Yeah, that didn't last long, and I'm super glad I got him too. It's kinda nice to have a pretty definitive G1 Prime in my collection.

Agreed. I finally have a G1-ish Prime that is completely competent in both modes, transforms in a very fun manner, and is just great by himself. Oh and he has an ax, that is a huge thing for me, I love axes


Yeah! The axe is badass, plus after I bought him I realized that it's the only Prime I own that actually has the Original G1 style blaster, which was super cool, as it always was one of my favourite weapon designs. Although, it does seemed to have sparked something of an Optimus collecting addiction. Since him I've also picked up SS05, The TR Voyager, I've got a POTP Optimus coming soon, and I've got my eye on ss38 :lol:

Oh man, you want to talk about OP collecting, this all happened by accident, I was not planning to collect Optimus Primes!

Image

I look at the Optimi from the previous lines, and while each has some good, none are quite perfect. CW Battle Core Prime gorgeous and I love the bulk and the headsculpt. Just wish he was a bit more posable and had better combined mode legs. TR Powermaster Prime/Ginrai (I have Magnus Prime) is pretty good, but I'm not a huge fan of the head, and Magnus owns that mold to me. That is my definitive Magnus. The voyager Laser Prime is really nice looking, but the arms are limited unfortunately. and then the PotP one doesn't have a great alt mode, but fantastic robot modes.


Wow, that's quite impressive! I think that could fill my entire spare bedroom (which my wife would be none too happy about :lol:) But yeah, it's funny how siege Prime is the first Voyager in a while that doesn't have a defining flaw. CW Prime was a little bit awkward to accommodate the combination, Powermaster was fun, but ultimatelywhen I had a trim down, I chose Magnus over him as Magnus is the better mold use I agree. Plus, as much as I liked PM Prime, the Grey plastic always looked a little cheap, I think because it was that weird yellowy Grey.

I have fun with my TR Voyager Prime, but it does feel a little bit awkward to pose with it's odd feet and limiting elbows, plus that jet mode is unconvincing at best. (Fun fact: This guy is so different to normal Primes, in my head anon I just call him Diac after his Titan Master, and pretend he's suffering from a severe case of Primus Apotheosis :lol: ) I can't vouch for POTP Prime but I love his combined mode from the photos and reviews I've seen and it just looks fun as hell to play with. But Siege Prime really is the first one since Classics that I can't point to one thing and say, "That's the worst thing about this toy." Classics Prime used to be my favorite Optimus of all time, but now I think I'd put Siege Prime right with him.
;;)
User avatar
Gemstonegemini
Micromaster
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 am
Location: UK
Alt Mode: Lil jet
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I do not and have never owned the Classics Prime mold at all, so I cannot say for me if Siege is better or not, but I'm super happy with him!

The only way I'd really get the Classics voyager would be if I somehow got a hold of the Shattered Glass voyager. That would be the one exception to the rule
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15445
News Credits: 1322
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Gemstonegemini » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I do not and have never owned the Classics Prime mold at all, so I cannot say for me if Siege is better or not, but I'm super happy with him!

The only way I'd really get the Classics voyager would be if I somehow got a hold of the Shattered Glass voyager. That would be the one exception to the rule


I've resigned myself to the fact that SG Prime will always be my white whale.

But, getting back on topic, how's everyone's experience with Prowl for those who bought him? I've got one on Pre-order but he's not due in the UK till April, and I was curious as to all you folks' thoughts.
;;)
User avatar
Gemstonegemini
Micromaster
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 am
Location: UK
Alt Mode: Lil jet
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:24 pm

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I do not and have never owned the Classics Prime mold at all, so I cannot say for me if Siege is better or not, but I'm super happy with him!

The only way I'd really get the Classics voyager would be if I somehow got a hold of the Shattered Glass voyager. That would be the one exception to the rule

Siege is better. But Classics still has its charm and some of the decos are really great. I especially like the evolution one which goes all out on original G1 toy accuracy.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 24701
News Credits: 2413
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
Twincast / Podcast #225:
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS-- HEATWAVE THE FIRE BOT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 40 Bumblebee Movie Shatter - Used, Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 1 ANGRY CHEESE Grilled Cheese Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 1 STICKY MCGEE Tape Dispenser Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 1 SIPPY SLURPS Drink Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 1 SHREDDER JACK Cheese Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 1 SCREEN FIEND Tablet Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 1 MS. TAKE Eraser Figure" on EBAY