Untitled Transformers / Cybertron Prequel Movie Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby william-james88 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:09 pm

Randomhero wrote:
leokearon wrote:If they do a animated Cybertron movie it won't have to be in any continuity


That just means it will be all CGI. Something Knight said wanted to make a month ago as a prequel to bumblebee about the war before he decided he wanted to focus on smaller stuff

Also, this film has been in the works since last year https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... vie/39165/

And it was then already confirmed to be definitely part of the Paramount/Hasbro cinematic universe (just as much as Bumblebee is)
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 23460
News Credits: 2194
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby Deadput » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:53 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
You know there is a way to some what creatively get a few of Optimus Prime's backstories in one film/story.

Put in most of them! (Yeah I probably lost a few people with that)

Some people go through different jobs in life, the OP movie could partially deal with Optimus trying to find his place in the world prior to becoming the Autobot leader. (And maybe a Prime along the way if were going with the Prime is a rank thing.)

He could start off in life as lowly repair technician like TFA (Probably not something as grand as space bridges), later getting the attention of Alpha Trion who hires him to be a data archiver like TFP, however later on he gains the desire for adventure and glory whether that's inspiration from Megatron or a personal desire (Op doesn't have to be perfect prior to becoming Prime since this is a "heroes journey" type movie) and joins up with some sort of police force or Elite Guard as a cadet like IDW and I guess TFA to an extent, his heroics in the line of duty gets him noticed by the current council or Prime which leads to him getting the official Prime title or a high position which leads to jealousy from Megatron which leads to them to officially break their partner ship, afterwards on Prime has to lie low which he does by becoming a dock worker before being eventually found.


Also had this idea for a Knights of the Round table inspired council of Prime's which would be a group of 13 who are inspired by the legend of the 13 (No actual proof if they actually exist or not in the movie), with different Primes, some being ones we know like Sentinel Prime, Zeta Prime, Star Saber Prime and Nova Prime or some of the Cybertron guys like Override with some new guys like Steelbane Prime (Yes inspired by that TLK toy), a Constructicon Prime and maybe some minor characters who visually take from some of the different Optimus's like RId2001 or Armada.

Optimus would be the newest member and replacing a recently killed member which could either be someone he never met or maybe his mentor Prime like Sentinel or something.

And not every single member would be dead by the time the war starts like say Star Saber who gives up his title to lead an Autobot fleet in space or Override becoming a high ranked soldier.


Anyways I think an Optimus Prime film should not also be the Cybertron war film, I would say leave the War for it's own film besides the start of it and a notable battle or two that way the war can get the screen time it deserves as well as focus on a different cast.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3800
News Credits: 50
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby o.supreme » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
william-james88 wrote:Also, this film has been in the works since last year https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... vie/39165/

And it was then already confirmed to be definitely part of the Paramount/Hasbro cinematic universe (just as much as Bumblebee is)


This is exactly what I was referring to in my last post which got buried as the last post of the previous page. Thanks for finding the link ;)^
Image
o.supreme
Gestalt
Posts: 2853
News Credits: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:15 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Deadput wrote:You know there is a way to some what creatively get a few of Optimus Prime's backstories in one film/story.

Put in most of them! (Yeah I probably lost a few people with that)

Some people go through different jobs in life, the OP movie could partially deal with Optimus trying to find his place in the world prior to becoming the Autobot leader. (And maybe a Prime along the way if were going with the Prime is a rank thing.)

He could start off in life as lowly repair technician like TFA (Probably not something as grand as space bridges), later getting the attention of Alpha Trion who hires him to be a data archiver like TFP, however later on he gains the desire for adventure and glory whether that's inspiration from Megatron or a personal desire (Op doesn't have to be perfect prior to becoming Prime since this is a "heroes journey" type movie) and joins up with some sort of police force or Elite Guard as a cadet like IDW and I guess TFA to an extent, his heroics in the line of duty gets him noticed by the current council or Prime which leads to him getting the official Prime title or a high position which leads to jealousy from Megatron which leads to them to officially break their partner ship, afterwards on Prime has to lie low which he does by becoming a dock worker before being eventually found.


Also had this idea for a Knights of the Round table inspired council of Prime's which would be a group of 13 who are inspired by the legend of the 13 (No actual proof if they actually exist or not in the movie), with different Primes, some being ones we know like Sentinel Prime, Zeta Prime, Star Saber Prime and Nova Prime or some of the Cybertron guys like Override with some new guys like Steelbane Prime (Yes inspired by that TLK toy), a Constructicon Prime and maybe some minor characters who visually take from some of the different Optimus's like RId2001 or Armada.

Optimus would be the newest member and replacing a recently killed member which could either be someone he never met or maybe his mentor Prime like Sentinel or something.

And not every single member would be dead by the time the war starts like say Star Saber who gives up his title to lead an Autobot fleet in space or Override becoming a high ranked soldier.


Anyways I think an Optimus Prime film should not also be the Cybertron war film, I would say leave the War for it's own film besides the start of it and a notable battle or two that way the war can get the screen time it deserves as well as focus on a different cast.

To be fair, he was only a technician because of that mission he and sentinel screwed up. I prefer the space cop approach of IDW, but would love to see a new take on it. They could even do the whole Prime is Megatrons brother and run away with that,
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 8265
News Credits: 187
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby Deadput » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:50 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
ZeroWolf wrote:To be fair, he was only a technician because of that mission he and sentinel screwed up. I prefer the space cop approach of IDW, but would love to see a new take on it. They could even do the whole Prime is Megatrons brother and run away with that,

Yeah I know, just wanted to start him out with a lowly job therefor his whole rise to the greater good has more oomph.

Also wanted to start Optimus (Or Orion Pax) as an every man and not as a "awesome guy" from birth, even then the other jobs like Data Archiver and then Cop/Elite Guard Cadet aren't really special positions either, he would get noticed and eventually become Prime (Or just a high position if we don't go for the Primes as ranks thing) for his own actions and outstanding heroics, not just he so happens to already have a specific job.

From the way I would write him, I want him to be this humble guy who has to work to earn his position and as well as not putting in the work because he wants a higher position but because he's trying to do the right thing for his fellow Transformers, early on he would have his rough bumps but that's so he can have character development and eventually become the great Optimus Prime, I don't want him to start out as already perfect.

Edit: Actually with the idea of Megatron I had the idea that Transformers don't normally have military type bodies normally, Seekers and other military bodies like Vehicons and tanks would be stock bodies that other Transformers transfer their bodies into whether voluntarily or having to repay a debt.

Megatron would start as a mining type vehicle, and the only differences he would make once becoming the Decepticon leader would be to add a canon and get a fresh coat of paint, so Megatron wouldn't have a military type body but a normal body that was modified for war.

It would give more of a reason for why Autobots tend to just be normal body type characters.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3800
News Credits: 50
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:12 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Some interesting ideas there :)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 8265
News Credits: 187
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby Dominus Prime » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:10 pm

Motto: "Death before dishonor"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Bonaventura had their hands in the 1986 animated film if I recall. Whether they were or not, I believe this film will be based on the siege toy line to jumpstart it and create interest in it for the younger generation while doing a fan service for us OGs
Dominus Prime
Mini-Con
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 am
Alt Mode: Cybertronian armored assault vehicle
Strength: 9
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby Dominus Prime » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:12 pm

Motto: "Death before dishonor"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I stand corrected. It was delarentes that dealt with 1986 film
Dominus Prime
Mini-Con
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 am
Alt Mode: Cybertronian armored assault vehicle
Strength: 9
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby Deadput » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:23 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
I do have my suspicions that Siege and it's following toylines in the War for Cybertron series will be used as a base for the Cybertron story and characters.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3800
News Credits: 50
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby Dominus Prime » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:54 pm

Motto: "Death before dishonor"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Agreed. It makes sense for them to do that. Just the look of the toy line is like a soft reboot of G1 and the comics are following suit also if I'm not mistaken. It makes sense to unify it to help promote the toy line and reignite interest for those just getting into the franchise
Dominus Prime
Mini-Con
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 am
Alt Mode: Cybertronian armored assault vehicle
Strength: 9
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby Deadput » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:10 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
I mean if we actually get characters like Cog and Six Gun or Flywheels and Brunt that would be awesome.

Brunt himself makes a good template for Decepticon Vehicon/soldiers, maybe Brunt is a higher ranked member of said group if he was to be a character himself.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3800
News Credits: 50
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby Dominus Prime » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:56 pm

Motto: "Death before dishonor"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
That would be good. Hopefully the movie is true animation and not cell shaded computer animation, unless it's done really well.
Dominus Prime
Mini-Con
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 am
Alt Mode: Cybertronian armored assault vehicle
Strength: 9
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby Deadput » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:59 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Dominus Prime wrote:That would be good. Hopefully the movie is true animation and not cell shaded computer animation, unless it's done really well.


I doubt we will get a full film in the style of the Bumblebee Cybertron scene. (Not the robot designs but the sort of "live action" cgi)

It definitely will be 3d and stuff since I doubt that 2d animation will be worth it.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3800
News Credits: 50
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby Dominus Prime » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:12 pm

Motto: "Death before dishonor"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Yea, I wouldn't think it'd be animated like the bumblebee film. Just hope it's not crappy computer animation like transformers energon or something. Really good 2D animation would be ideal but I don't see them doing that
Dominus Prime
Mini-Con
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 am
Alt Mode: Cybertronian armored assault vehicle
Strength: 9
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby Deadput » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:20 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Dominus Prime wrote:Yea, I wouldn't think it'd be animated like the bumblebee film. Just hope it's not crappy computer animation like transformers energon or something. Really good 2D animation would be ideal but I don't see them doing that


This will be a movie so it won't have the budget of a tv show so I wouldn't worry about it being as bad as Energon.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3800
News Credits: 50
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Discussion on Next Transformers Film after Bumblebee

Postby Dominus Prime » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:33 pm

Motto: "Death before dishonor"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I'm sure it won't be that bad. Just want them to do it right
Dominus Prime
Mini-Con
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 am
Alt Mode: Cybertronian armored assault vehicle
Strength: 9
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Untitled Transformers / Cybertron Prequel Movie Thread

Postby william-james88 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:15 pm

Just bumping this to make it easier to find now that it has popped back up in the news
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 23460
News Credits: 2194
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Untitled Transformers / Cybertron Prequel Movie Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:48 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I doubt it will be based on Siege for the sole reason that Siege will be over and done with by the time this movie releases which may be 2020 at the earliest, when the war for Cybertron line will be in its second year under a different tag. Also I speculate it will be 3D animation solely.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 8265
News Credits: 187
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Vorath and Mindwipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
Twincast / Podcast #215:
"New Year, New Toys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Rachael Taylor Autographed Signed 8x10 Photo COA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Stalker Scorponok Hasbro 2009 New on Card" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS _ TAILGATE _ BATTLESLASH _ ROADBLOCK _ POWER OF THE PRIMES LEGENDS" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Slipstream" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon Shattered Glass Junkheap & Scrap Iron Junkions - Transformers FunPub TFCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Henkei C-19 Legends Class Minibot Cosmos" on EBAY
Buy "Rom Vs Transformers Shining Armor 2, Transformers Lost Light 12. IDW, 2017. NM." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Daca Toys Kronos (MP Jetfire or Skyfire) 3rd Party Masterpiece MIB" on EBAY