TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby WhiteRabbit » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:43 pm

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:
Image

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted.
These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love.
No one has been paid for the production of these stories.


”One Second” Story by Daniel (DanielW) Worsley, Art by Nathaniel (Legend Of Blackout) Sharkey

Image
WhiteRabbit
Vehicon
Posts: 315
News Credits: 156
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:21 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby zemper » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:23 am

nice story and nice art!

although i don't think this fits in any particular episode in the Beast Machines series (which i'm currently watching again right now after getting the 2 complete seasons), more like an overview of the series through Megatron's point of view (at least before he became Savage/Noble). good condensation of what had happened during the Beast Machines timeline.

i must give credit to the art also; that BM Cheetor never looked so good hand-drawn. excellent work guys, keep it up.



:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster
Posts: 1853
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:04 pm

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby Pyrostrata » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:59 am

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
WOW!!! Not a big Beast Machines fan at all, but that was right-on-GREAT! Story was great. Art was great. Another YAY! for Mosaic!! :grin: :DANCE: ;)^
Image
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!


The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
User avatar
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Posts: 3001
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: Missouri...Land where dreams wither and die!
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:47 pm

Sweet. BM is pretty cool. you did a great job.
:APPLAUSE:
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Targetmaster
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:09 pm
Location: Iacon

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby Talous » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:36 pm

Motto: "The problem with fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
More than a little self loathing in Megatron in this one. Very nice.
It has begun, let the parts fall from the sky.
User avatar
Talous
Fuzor
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:20 pm
Location: South of the border... almost..
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby zemper » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:54 pm

Talous wrote:More than a little self loathing in Megatron in this one. Very nice.


well, yes, since he longs for technological purity (like the original Megatron who was pure robot) but at this point in the series, he was still trapped inside the technorganic dragon mode he was formatted into in the original Beast Wars.



:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster
Posts: 1853
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:04 pm

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby Pyrostrata » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
All through Beast Machines, Megs was overflowing with self-loathing! He spent the entire 2 seasons trying to rid himself of his "disgusting beast form", almost to the point of detroying himself! He was a LOT darker in nature than he was in Beast Wars...hell, the whole show was a bit darker....


...but I am no fan of Beast Machines, really. It wasn't atrocious or anything, but I prefered Beast Wars quite a bit moreso.
Image
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!


The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
User avatar
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Posts: 3001
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: Missouri...Land where dreams wither and die!
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:44 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Bravo! Bravo! I especially like the use of Titanium Cheetor and toy-accurate Rattrap. But Strika and Obsidian lok alittle... "disfigured". Other than that, this is superb! Keep doing more Beast Era mosaics, guys. :D
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30974
News Credits: 281
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby Duke of Luns » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:16 pm

Interesting how in the last two panels the tone suddenly changes from Megatron being the calm ominpitent overlord to a raging beast, which is of course just like in the show. Hmm, I think it would have been a neat(if not a little cliche'd)ending if he had switched to his dragon mode. If there's a flaw in the piece it's that it really doesn't give us any new information, just a recap of what we already knew. The art is very good, no complaints in that department.

But still, another top-notch entry from Mosaic ;)^ .
Image
Duke of Luns
Gestalt
Posts: 2138
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:19 pm
Location: North Central West Virginia

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby Decepticon Spike » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:20 pm

Motto: "Do what's right."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Not bad, but not the greatest. Didn't really ad to BM Megatron's character.
Image
User avatar
Decepticon Spike
Brainmaster
Posts: 1314
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:20 pm
Location: Ohio/Indiana
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 2
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby Uniprimus » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:42 pm

Um...where is it? I only get the word "Image" at the bottom of the post.
Image
Uniprimus
Headmaster
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:56 pm

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby Pyrostrata » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:50 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Eradicator wrote:Um...where is it? I only get the word "Image" at the bottom of the post.


I can never read them here, all I do is see a new one is out and go look at it at DeviantArt.....I can never see but one half of them on here, so I have no choice but to find them elsewhere!
Image
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!


The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
User avatar
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Posts: 3001
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: Missouri...Land where dreams wither and die!
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby Talon523 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:35 am

I would love to see more BW/BM mosaics. They were the best characters of any series. These have been great, keep up the good work.
Talon523
Minibot
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:54 pm

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby olokin » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 am

Great art on this one. Its pretty slick. Another nice Mosaic.
User avatar
olokin
City Commander
Posts: 3869
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:12 am

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby zemper » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:21 am

Pyrostrata wrote:All through Beast Machines, Megs was overflowing with self-loathing! He spent the entire 2 seasons trying to rid himself of his "disgusting beast form", almost to the point of detroying himself! He was a LOT darker in nature than he was in Beast Wars...hell, the whole show was a bit darker....


some of the funniest moments (if you can call it "funny") for me in the entire BM series is Megatron switching to his dragon form whenever he gets angry or loses his temper... i mean, for a technological purist like him, it must be the ultimate humiliation - given also the fact that because of his ego, he loses control of his emotions quite quickly.

also, if you have watched the entire continuity (from Beast Wars season 1-3 to Beast Machines) it's kinda weird (and inconsistent) having Megatron relish his Organic saurian forms, even embracing it, then very suddenly having a change of heart and despising organics thoroughly.



:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster
Posts: 1853
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:04 pm

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby Pyrostrata » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:01 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
zemper wrote:
Pyrostrata wrote:All through Beast Machines, Megs was overflowing with self-loathing! He spent the entire 2 seasons trying to rid himself of his "disgusting beast form", almost to the point of detroying himself! He was a LOT darker in nature than he was in Beast Wars...hell, the whole show was a bit darker....


some of the funniest moments (if you can call it "funny") for me in the entire BM series is Megatron switching to his dragon form whenever he gets angry or loses his temper... i mean, for a technological purist like him, it must be the ultimate humiliation - given also the fact that because of his ego, he loses control of his emotions quite quickly.

also, if you have watched the entire continuity (from Beast Wars season 1-3 to Beast Machines) it's kinda weird (and inconsistent) having Megatron relish his Organic saurian forms, even embracing it, then very suddenly having a change of heart and despising organics thoroughly.



:MAX:



It did humiliate Megs to have that beast form "rear it's ugly head" when he lost his temper! There was very little funny in Beast Machines, compared to the comedy of Beast Wars! Beast Machines was a bit more "tree-huggin' hippy-dippy" than Beast Wars, which is one of the reasons I did not enjoy it as much.

I think the total change of heart in Megs regarding his beast form is due to the fact that he considered himself the victor in the beast wars, and no longer had use for the beast form since he was back on Cybertron. Getting rid of said beast form, however, was difficult for him....and frustrated him to no end! Megs was never one to not get what he wanted when he wanted it, and denial of thus pissed him off!
Image
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!


The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
User avatar
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Posts: 3001
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: Missouri...Land where dreams wither and die!
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby Mechabreaker » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:28 pm

Motto: "The only good Decepticon is a deactivated Decepticon."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I wasn't too crazy about Beast Machines, but this Mosaic story is just dynamic, I just love the artwork, great job!
Image

Counterpunch wrote:I'll go into the street and slap someone's momma for a Leader-1 repaint.


http://taztitan85.deviantart.com/<---My deviantart account (It's mostly poetry that I write, but I will throw in a drawing or two every now and then)
User avatar
Mechabreaker
Vehicon
Posts: 360
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:38 am
Location: Corona, CA
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby zemper » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Pyrostrata wrote:It did humiliate Megs to have that beast form "rear it's ugly head" when he lost his temper! There was very little funny in Beast Machines, compared to the comedy of Beast Wars!



yeah, i did find humor in that. that's one sad thing about BM; it DID not have its own share of many comedic moments unlike the original Beast Wars. funny moments are few and between, and mostly these were situational comedies rather than the punchline-oriented humor BW had.


Pyrostrata wrote:Beast Machines was a bit more "tree-huggin' hippy-dippy" than Beast Wars, which is one of the reasons I did not enjoy it as much.



i did not like this aspect at all; the concept of Primal doing Zen meditation to connect with the Oracle (who was very ambiguous to a large extent) and Cybertron as having an organic core. just doesn't sit well with me, even almost a decade after watching the first few episodes of this series.


Pyrostrata wrote:I think the total change of heart in Megs regarding his beast form is due to the fact that he considered himself the victor in the beast wars, and no longer had use for the beast form since he was back on Cybertron. Getting rid of said beast form, however, was difficult for him....and frustrated him to no end! Megs was never one to not get what he wanted when he wanted it, and denial of thus pissed him off!



yes, yes... quite an insight you got there. i never thought of it that way, and based on his actions both in BW and BM, it DOES make sense. :mrgreen:



:MAX:
all the comments above are the HUMBLE OPINIONS of the said user only. 'nuff sed.
zemper
Godmaster
Posts: 1853
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:04 pm

Re: TRANSFORMERS MOSAIC: "One Second"

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:41 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
It's also probably because he was an organic on a technological planet. He was abnormal compared to the rest of the population and sought to rid himself of his freakish form, only to have part of it taken by Cryotek, which left him with a hideous scarred form, which reminded him even more of how he was impure on such a planet.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 30974
News Credits: 281
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9


Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
Twincast / Podcast #219:
"Big Cat Convoy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers RID Robots in Disguise CRYOTEK MEGATRON *MISB* sealed G1 BEAST WARS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Universe Generations Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2018 SDCC Exclusive Bumblebee Vol 1 Generations Incomplete NO TAPES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2018 SDCC Exclusive Bumblebee Vol 2 Generations Incomplete NO TAPES" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Vinyl Tech Meister feat. Mazda RX8 Velocity Red BT08" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Clash of the Transformers Starscream Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Windblade Scout Action Figure Turbine Thrash NIB" on EBAY
Buy "transformers war for cybertron siege Starscream And Soundwave" on EBAY