This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Masterpiece MP-14+ Alert Anime Color Edition (TakaraTomy Mall exclusive)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Masterpiece MP-14+ Alert Anime Color Edition (TakaraTomy Mall exclusive)

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:44 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Looks like MP-14 (Red) Alert is getting a show-accurate redeco named MP-14+ Alert Anime Color Edition - http://item.rakuten.co.jp/toyhobbymarket/4904810875215/

Original MP-14 on the left, MP-14+ redeco on the right

Image Image

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Masterpiece MP-14+ Alert Anime Color Edition (TakaraTomy Mall exclusive)

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:58 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:Looks like MP-14 (Red) Alert is getting a show-accurate redeco named MP-14+ Alert Anime Color Edition - http://item.rakuten.co.jp/toyhobbymarket/4904810875215/

Original MP-14 on the left, MP-14+ redeco on the right

Image Image

Finally! Since I missed tyhe original, I'll be getting this.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:10 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I'm not sure what to make of this yet. I usually love animation accurate colors, but this Red Alert looks like he clash with the rest of the Masterpiece aesthetic so far. I think I'll stick with my regular edition of MP-14.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:14 am

I had a feeling Takara wasn't entirely happy with MP-14. They left him out from the commercial and from the back of Ultra Magnus' the booklet.

I knew this day would come but I was hoping they would also redo his arms and shoulders. That's like a key part of his design and a prominent difference from Sideswipe.

Also, I think leaving out the lights details and the Lamborghini logo is taking it a bit too far.

Still, he looks really nice. It's an exclusive right?
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:59 am

Apparently this is a first in a series. Translated by Google:

New series birth to Masterpiece brand!
The traditional popular items were closer to the anime set color "PLUS" series will start.
Security personnel alert of Cybertron is the that was chosen as the first step.
It renewed the color ring with the image of the episode that body color has been drawing in gray.

"Dinobot Island, Part 2" and "The God Gambit", and the like in the in the setting color of 2 pattern exists anime, the alert of gray drawing version was often the most appearance frequency image.
Etc. to arms to print the character of appearing only in robot mode "CHIEF", detail color scheme and vehicle mode was also as close as possible to verify the anime story.
Head effect parts of has to reproduce the scene of sensors that showed in the change to the clear orange "Blaster Blues" times emits light to warn the danger orange.
Since anime broadcast, please in addition to fellow vivid gray color alerts to be the first ever of commercialization

I like the "chief" tampo on his arms.

Image Image
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Wolfman Jake » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:07 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
So, it looks like he comes with an exclusive orange version of his "circuit trouble" accessory from before to mimic his "danger sensor." The thing I'm really not wild about is the tampograph. I wish he had some large, clear pictures of it so that I can make up my mind, but it looks kind of dodgy from what we have so far. I think making the faction sigils look like the half-assed Sunbow animation ones is just a bit too far. I also wish they wouldn't skip on the car details like the headlights and the Lamborghini mark just for the sake of "screen accuracy."
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Firepower: 2

Transformers Masterpiece MP-14+ Red Alert Anime Color Edition Revealed

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:45 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Looks like Takara isn't done with the Masterpiece Lambour mold yet. Fellow Seibertronians Sabrblade and Cyberpath have sent some news out way from Takaratomymall which anounced that Takara will have a new edition of Masterpiece Red Alert labelled as MP-14+ Alert Anime Color Edition. As the name implies, this is a deco which is more loyal to the animation, like leaving out the lights details and the Lamborghini logo, having a different tint of red closer to orange, and a new "CHIEF" logo.

This will be a TTMall Exclusive for ¥8,424 and it will be available to order on their site from April 11th to June 9th 2016.

For those not living in Japan, an Asia release with coin will probably be available worldwide at a premium with preorders available at a later date.

The biggest news of this listing though is that Takara has announced that this is the first of a whole new line of Masterpiece repaints which aims at achieving a more toon accurate deco. Who do you think is next? Who do you want the most in this style? Let us know!

In the meantime, here are a bunch of pictures below along with some nice comparisons to the animation model and the original MP 14 Alert:

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby mooncake623 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:02 am

Weapon: Concussion Rifle
YES!! A new Red Alert! My old one for some strange reason has paint defects.
Looking for:
Botcon Redux Spark (Pyro)
"Comfort is the death of creativity "
"My country is the world... and my religion is to do good"
mooncake623
City Commander
News Credits: 461
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-14+ Red Alert Anime Color Edition Revealed

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:10 am

I want this but don't want to pay retail. And I don't know how to order from TakaraTomy Mall.

william-james88 wrote:The biggest news of this listing though is that Takara has announced that this is the first of a whole new line of Masterpiece repaints which aims at achieving a more toon accurate deco. Who do you think is next? Who do you want the most in this style? Let us know!

IMO no other MP needs the "Plus" treatment.

There will probably be an MP+ Wheeljack. But I feel that MP-20 Wheeljack is plenty cartoon-accurate as is, it's just that his Lancia colours were simplified for animation, and this is what his character would look like in "reality" with his very specific vehicular mode (down to the number on the doors.) So I'm good. But it will be interesting to see what comes next.
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:16 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Maybe. I'm not very happy with my KO, so maybe. Should be offered at a reduced price, but we know that won't happen.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Cobotron » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:19 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
If we ever get the likes of Mirage, Jazz, Hound, etc., I hope that we get a real world/toy accurate version before a toon accurate one.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby xMXUx » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:29 am

Motto: "True hell is life gone wrong"
Weapon: Corrosive Acid Bolt Gun
This looks fantastic, and I would love to replace my KO MP-14.
But this being a TT Mall exclusive, it'll probably end up costing more than I'm willing to spend :(
If drinking's what it take to be accepted
I'd rather stay aware and be rejected

Uniform Choice - No Thanks
xMXUx
Minibot
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby shajaki » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:42 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
>:oP

Seriously? isn't he accurate enough? Why not give us an anime accurate of one more deserving? Like say.... WHEELJACK? Or if you want to release more Lambo's then Deepcover? Come on guys. :-x
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Glarryg » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:55 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I don't know... it's not bad, but it's not something I'm interested in. I like the "real-world vehicle styling/coloration" coupled with the "cartoon-accurate robot mode" aspect of the Masterpiece line. Having real-world vehicle coloration spill onto the robot mode is actually a plus for me. Let's face it, the production schedule of the cartoon forced a lot of concessions, particularly with the color (and with proportions, which often spills over to vehicle mode proportions, so why aren't people worried about that? :-P ). I'm in no hurry to buy "cartoon-accurate coloration" versions of a bunch of these guys; I like the ones that were already made.

Glarryg
The battle rages on...
Looking for: Netflix/ER Soundwave
Glarryg
Targetmaster
Buy from Glarryg on eBay
Alt Mode: Bitter Old Man
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:09 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
shajaki wrote:>:oP

Seriously? isn't he accurate enough? Why not give us an anime accurate of one more deserving? Like say.... WHEELJACK? Or if you want to release more Lambo's then Deepcover? Come on guys. :-x

I know you wold chime in for Wheeljack :lol:

Also, wheeljack would be more approriate since that robot mode old is perfect for the show model. Red Alert's robot mode is still not accurate for the show since his doors are supposed to hang off his shoulders. So this is still not a "perfect toon accurate" version.

Ironhidensh wrote:Maybe. I'm not very happy with my KO, so maybe. Should be offered at a reduced price, but we know that won't happen.

xMXUx wrote:This looks fantastic, and I would love to replace my KO MP-14.
But this being a TT Mall exclusive, it'll probably end up costing more than I'm willing to spend :(

Yeah, it aint gonna be reduced. At best, it will end up like Clampdown with a "reduced" price of 79.99$ http://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-14c-clampdown/

Cobotron wrote:If we ever get the likes of Mirage, Jazz, Hound, etc., I hope that we get a real world/toy accurate version before a toon accurate one.

Shockwave is pointing to the opposite though :twisted:
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4468
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Cobotron » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:12 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
william-james88 wrote:
Cobotron wrote:If we ever get the likes of Mirage, Jazz, Hound, etc., I hope that we get a real world/toy accurate version before a toon accurate one.

Shockwave is pointing to the opposite though :twisted:
You're right. So are Traxxx and Hot Rod. :(
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:34 am

I agree, one of the many reasons why I love this line is the combination of cartoon-accurate robots and real-world cars in the same toy.

I like how you can pull an image of the real deal from Google and compare it to the toy, down to really small details.

Insofar as I know Red Alert's car deco is made up anyway, so Takara can kinda go wild with it. (Though the "Lamborghini Countach" label would have been nice on this one, too.)
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:59 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
You guys know what kinda undermines the aim of this toy (and the whole MP line itself) being more show-accurate? The fact that, thanks to a discovery made by the Wiki, there were episodes of the cartoon that were done by a studio or studios that weren't Toei or AKOM, in which outdated animation models for several season 2 characters (Red Alert included) were used, giving them a slightly different appearance in those episodes from how they looked in other episodes.

Red Alert in particular was colored bright white (like his normal MP-14 toy) in these episodes instead of gray-white (like this new MP-14+ toy), and had a much softer, less detailed looking face and helmet. Here's a comparison of his two designs (along with those of Astrotrain) from one of these episodes and a Toei-produced episode:

More details about the animation model differences of the characters in these episodes compared to those made by Toei and AKOM can be found in the above link.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7

Postby grimdragon2001 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:06 am

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
very nice, missed out on Red Alert so maybe I'll get lucky with this one
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

Postby REX-203 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:06 am

Interesting! I don't really mind variations like this because it gives me an excuse to have a second one to keep in alt mode. :-P

I also hope they do an MP-10+ now.

REX-203
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby Emerje » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:29 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Seems to be the new direction they're dedicated to. We just got animation accurate Ironhide, Hot Rod, and Shockwave. Makes sense that they'd want to revisit some older figures to make them less toy or real world accurate and more cartoon accurate.

I wonder if they're only interested in doing the cars or if we'll see larger figures like a Soundwave in a different shade of blue and with a light blue and yellow chest window? Or a gray and yellow Grimlock?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 229
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Deathsaurus1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:26 am

This is cool!

I hope they keep up this trend.
And even do real world, or toy accurate versions of other mp's that have been released. I would love a toy accurate MP -11!
Deathsaurus1
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby galvatron00 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:46 am

Motto: "Peace through sandwiches."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
REX-203 wrote:Interesting! I don't really mind variations like this because it gives me an excuse to have a second one to keep in alt mode. :-P

I also hope they do an MP-10+ now.
If they do that deco. Crap.

I think there was a Mario Kart DS commercial that showcased "online play". One of the players said "Oh, no, come on!" That's what I feel reading news about a potential "more animation accurate line".

Found the commercial.
galvatron00
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Buy from galvatron00 on eBay
Alt Mode: Kings Hawaiian Food Truck
Strength: 4
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7

Postby Spanbauer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:54 am

Emerje wrote:Seems to be the new direction they're dedicated to. We just got animation accurate Ironhide, Hot Rod, and Shockwave. Makes sense that they'd want to revisit some older figures to make them less toy or real world accurate and more cartoon accurate.

I wonder if they're only interested in doing the cars or if we'll see larger figures like a Soundwave in a different shade of blue and with a light blue and yellow chest window? Or a gray and yellow Grimlock?

Emerje

Some of the more recent figures have been teetering in this direction, but none have been nearly this drastic. They took Shockwave 90% there in terms of the finish (which is why he's so out of place with the current line), but ditched the solid cartoon-styled chestplate from the unpainted prototype for the transparent detailed chest based on the original toy. Ironhide and Ratchet may have simplified legs and blue-tinted glass, but they still feature chrome and strong contrasting colors (as opposed to the muted blacks and whites of Red Alert).

I get the impression there's been debates amongst the Masterpiece designers in terms of which direction the line should go, which is why the last few releases have been sort of in-between bastard children. The question now is, which line gets priority? And will all new figures going forward no longer see a release that isn't "anime color edition"? Will new molds themselves lose details to be more anime-accurate? Are we going to get a "Toy Color Edition" of Shockwave to make up for the Anime Color Edition they already sold us?

Lots of questions.
Spanbauer
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Hero Alpha » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:28 pm

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
This new Sunbow coloured Red Alert, plus more animation correct colour reboot figures is almost enough to get me to start a masterpiece collection and sell off my generations. If only I had the cash...hmmmm. He just looks so good. What would really put me over the edge would be a new mould Sunbow Grimlock.
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MM-10 DRIFT Transformers Armada Micron Legends X-Dimension Race Takara 2002"
NEW!
MM-10 DRIFT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME PEN Transformers Energon Stylus Hasbro 2004 230427A"
OPTIMUS PRIME PEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WIND SHEER Transformers RID Robots In Disguise Deluxe Basic complete 2001 230821"
NEW!
WIND SHEER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCRACKER Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2006 230719A"
NEW!
THUNDERCRACKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST ROBOT MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190518"
SKYBLAST ROBOT MOD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEMOLISHOR Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
NEW!
DEMOLISHOR Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMOKESCREEN Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 210811A"
SMOKESCREEN Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASCENTOR Transformers Cybertron Mini-Con complete + instructions 2005 Hasbro"
ASCENTOR Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spychanger W.A.R.S. Transformers RID Spy Changers complete WARS 2001 230821A"
NEW!
Spychanger W.A.R.S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON SABER Transformers Energon Class complete + more 2004 230427D **AS-IS**"
ENERGON SABER Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719B"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energon Blade parts for LASERBEAK / BUZZSAW Transformers Botcon 2006 230427B"
Energon Blade part ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MUDFLAP Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete w/ Cyber Key v6t7 2005 231101A"
NEW!
MUDFLAP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada POWERINX HOT SHOT + JOLT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
NEW!
Armada POWERINX HO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON