This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers ROTF Scalpel Gets Animated

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Rotf scalpel design by Derrick wyatt

Postby Mach » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:39 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
TFA designer Derrick Wyatt tried his hand on rotf character where he put up his work on the doctor on his blog. Check it out:

http://derrickjwyatt.blogspot.com/
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Transformers ROTF Scalpel Gets Animated

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:20 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Derrick Wyatt, designer for the recently completed fan favorite Cartoon Network program 'Transformers Animated', takes design inspiration from the movie to create ROTF Animated Scalpel.

Does this mean that TF Animated is returning for a 4th season? Well, of course not, but Mr. Wyatt is known for really enjoying the creation of his favorite characters, and people, in the TF Animated style whether they would ever be seen in the show or not.

You can see Derrick Wyatt's blog here to read his post and comments.

And on the 'More Scalpel News is good Scalpel news front'...

Seibertron.com member Jenus has informed us that TFW member sunlink has identified and photographed a variant in the ROTF Scalpel toy. Not much is known about which version is rarer, but you can get your Scalpel toy with long antenna, or short, it would appear. You can find the original post on TFW by clicking here.

Seibertron.com member Jenus has identified and photographed a variant in the ROTF Scalpel toy. Not much is known about which version is rarer, but you can get your Scalpel toy with long antenna, or short, it would appear.

You can comment on this in Jenus thread here.

Seibertron.com for all of your Transformers news and resource needs.

Vector Sigma Database
Comprehensive Photo Galleries
Most Recent Transformers News
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Rotf scalpel design by Derrick wyatt

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:32 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Real Devastator wrote:TFA designer Derrick Wyatt tried his hand on rotf character where he put up his work on the doctor on his blog. Check it out:

Thanks, I actually started a thread on this in the cartoon forum...merge coming.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Firepower: 8

Re: Transformers ROTF Scalpel Gets Animated

Postby Jetstorm92210 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:36 am

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Animated was probably the first franchise made completely by the fans.
Anyway, Animated style Dr. Scalpel looks so funny and yet so cool. :lol: Thank you, Mr. Wyatt.
Jetstorm92210
Fuzor
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby ACIDSTORM » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:39 am

this is cool.i hope they never bring back tfa though :D it was rubbish :D storyline was good but everything else was sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt :grin:
ACIDSTORM
Micromaster

Postby Mechastrike » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:59 am

Animated had interesting storylines and the show really needs a 4th season. Blurr and Magnus needs salvaging, I want to see Arcee in action and more CONSTRUCTICONS. Oh and recently,I want to see more females in action. (Autobots AND Decepticons)

As for animated Scalpel...looks cool :D Nice touch w/ the glasses.
Mechastrike
Combiner

Postby DreadwindsGhost » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:02 am

Motto: "Hail Decepticons! Hail Cobra!"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
Lovin' Animated Scalpel. And yes, a 4th season was needed. I'll really miss that show.
Click on my sig for Youtubey goodness - it has the power to surprise!

DreadwindsGhost
Mini-Con
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Aussie348 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:11 am

ACIDSTORM wrote:this is cool.i hope they never bring back tfa though :D it was rubbish :D storyline was good but everything else was sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt :grin:

The toyline wasn't s***.
Aussie348
Mini-Con

Postby Aussie348 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:15 am

Mechastrike wrote:Animated had interesting storylines and the show really needs a 4th season. Blurr and Magnus needs salvaging, I want to see Arcee in action and more CONSTRUCTICONS. Oh and recently,I want to see more females in action. (Autobots AND Decepticons)

As for animated Scalpel...looks cool :D Nice touch w/ the glasses.

I agree on that point because two of the characters in the show ended up having no clear fate: Soundwave's chip gets picked up by laserbeak and flys of to nowhere. Swindle escapes from the elite guard in an emergency pod but then what happens. And those toys (Activators Soundwave, Rodimus Minor, Hydrodrive Bumblebee etc) would certainly see release.
Aussie348
Mini-Con

Postby Pot Bot » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:58 am

Weapon: Electro-Sword
i hated TFA when it first came out...then my lil bro made me sit an watch it when i was babysittin him an after watchin a few episodes i was soon on the net catchin up with the entire first series..........i am a G1 nut....but i actually think TFA is now tied with it imho. Im still mourning its passing :sad:
Pot Bot
Godmaster

Postby Joshua Vallse » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:06 am

Motto: "Build a Giant Robot? Sure it's safe, I mean...it's not like two Stars from a childhood tv show are going to hotwire it and take over the world....right?"
Ha ha ha, I'm just picturing this bug talking with a German accent.
Neat though, looks like something from Ben10 however. Did this artist work on this series as well? The style seems simular, and they're both on CTN. Or were.....

Laters,
Josh
ImageImage
CLICK HERE: http://youtu.be/WM394EfR2hk
To see what happens to our two troublemakers. So much for my motto!

Also Visit my website for more artwork:
http://joshuavallse.blogspot.com/
http://www.wix.com/JoshuaBallze/Art-Website/
Joshua Vallse
Headmaster Jr

Re: Rotf scalpel design by Derrick wyatt

Postby Mach » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:18 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Real Devastator wrote:TFA designer Derrick Wyatt tried his hand on rotf character where he put up his work on the doctor on his blog. Check it out:

Thanks, I actually started a thread on this in the cartoon forum...merge coming.

Oic, I did not notice ur thread. Sorry for the repeated post on this topic :grin:
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Solrac333 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:33 am

Just stop it and go away.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Seibertron » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:38 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Scalpel might be one of my favorite characters and toys that came out of ROTF. I'd love to see this character make it to TFA officially (and as a toy).

I have the long antennae version of Scalpel. I've got three of them (that's how much I like him) so I'll have to check out the other two that I haven't opened to see if I have a short antennae version. Though I have to admit that I prefer the longer version.

I'm still holding out hope for a 4th season of TFA. Hasbro has a lot of toys they can still make from season three.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5

Postby Pot Bot » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:47 am

Seibertron wrote:Scalpel might be one of my favorite characters and toys that came out of ROTF. I'd love to see this character make it to TFA officially (and as a toy).

I have the long antennae version of Scalpel. I've got three of them (that's how much I like him) so I'll have to check out the other two that I haven't opened to see if I have a short antennae version. Though I have to admit that I prefer the longer version.

I'm still holding out hope for a 4th season of TFA. Hasbro has a lot of toys they can still make from season three.

surely theres more chance of hell freezing over than season 4?????? as much as id love it
Pot Bot
Godmaster

Postby Seibertron » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Pottermus_Prime wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Scalpel might be one of my favorite characters and toys that came out of ROTF. I'd love to see this character make it to TFA officially (and as a toy).

surely theres more chance of hell freezing over than season 4?????? as much as id love it

Well, here's hoping that hell freezes over. :P
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Firepower: 5

Postby Pot Bot » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:15 am

whilst crossing everything we can
Pot Bot
Godmaster

Postby Oilspill » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:50 am

That's five flavours of awesome right there.

I really hope Mr Wyatt will still do the odd new Animated design now and then, I can't get enough of that awesome show/toyline.

I don't like my chances, but I've got all my bits crossed for an Animated 2.0.
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 5

Postby Marcdachamp » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:52 am

Very awesome, but it just makes me miss Animated even more. :-(
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1

Postby Pot Bot » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:00 am

id love to see a animated galvie or unicron or summin.......shame they couldnt throw galvie an megs together see how they wouldve coexisted an stuff.....with the writin in ani methinks that couldve been awsome
Pot Bot
Godmaster

Postby Jacob P. Galvatron » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:14 am

Motto: "Decepticons, till the day I die! West side!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Marcdachamp wrote:Very awesome, but it just makes me miss Animated even more. :-(

Same here.
Scalpel looks sweet.
Jacob P. Galvatron: Because You're Worth It!!

Custom Things:
Atmospheric Re-entry Bumblebee

Jacob P. Galvatron
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6

Postby Megatron Wolf » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Not a fan of Scalpel in any form. Only way id buy the figure is if one of those versions is really rare and it would boost my collections value. As for animated i wasnt a huge fan. It had some good stories(every 3rd episode was watchable) but i hated the animation style and the damn humans were the most annoying to date. No to mention some of the characters were plan stupid. But i will say id rather deal with animated rather then bayformers. At least animated had some competent writers that could string a plot together. And we got a new Hot Rod and a real Arcee out of it.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Warbreaker » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:30 pm

Motto: "Lines must be drawn. Limits must be defined."
Weapon: Air Concussion Cannon
Nice evil look there, Mr. Wyatt! :APPLAUSE:

Scalpel variants? Should I get the one that looks better, or the one that transforms better? Hmmmm....
Warbreaker
Fuzor
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Skullgrin140 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:11 am

Such a good design, I am considering it a crime agaisnt humanity that TFA ended with so much unexplained :sad:
Skullgrin140
Brainmaster

Postby sideswipe98 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:41 pm

I DEMAND A 4th SEASON!!!they left out so much,what happened to soundwave,where was arcee at the end of the last episode,what about skywarp and thundercracker,blurr might still be alive(i saw a picture of him when he was a cube,you can see his spark or something),is ultra magnus still in a stasis,and the third lugnet supreme on dinobot island,the dinobots themselves,the constructicons,slipstream(slipstream is the female starscream clone),meltdown,blackarchnia,waspinator,the team that was defending the space bridge in transwarped,rodimus prime(oil slick threw a vial of cosmic rust at him,under rodimus prime at transformers wikia at trivia it says that derrick wyatt sai that rodimus is currently being de-rusted)!?!there are sooo many mysterys left that they forgot to answer.I DEMAND A 4th SEASON!!!I'M NOT KIDDING!!!the scalpel art the looks cool,to me he looks like a spider that's VERY,VERY,EVIL!!!tfa will be missed,i'm still in mourning to,it's a tragic loss. by the way I'M NOT EVEN **** KIDDING,I WILL GO TO HASBRO OR WHOEVER THE HELL CREATED THE SHOW AND CONVINCE THEM(OR MAKE THEM)BRING BACK THE SHOW!!!bye. :evil: :-x :evil:
sideswipe98
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #57 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915J"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231010J"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010F"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222U"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #6 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Kupperberg 230915R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON