This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Diamond Select Bust: Power Master Optimus Prime

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Diamond Select Bust: Power Master Optimus Prime

Postby Blurrz » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
The busts are back courtesy of BigBadToyStore and Diamond Select Toys. The latest sculpt involves an incarnation of Optimus Prime in his Power Master form. Feel free to check out the product page, description, product image and Seibertron.com's own gallery of Power Master Prime below!

A Diamond Select Release! Art Asylum design and sculpt! DST's exciting mini-bust line continues to deliver the most iconic and memorable robots-in-disguise from Transformers history! This latest entry to the line depicts the "Power Master" merged version of the bravest and most noble of all the Autobots, Optimus Prime This super-detailed bust and base takes this line to a whole new level of awesome!

Power Master Prime Product Page

Power Master Optimus Prime Gallery

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: New Diamond Select Bust: Power Master Optimus Prime

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:53 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
If only the real deal could've looked that cool...
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:32 pm

I hate that they call those "busts". They're not busts; they're statues with no legs. And a statue of a Transformer is basically a Transformer that's permanently stuck in robot mode and can't be repositioned. Any they usually cost a lot more than a TF. I've never understood why anyone would buy one.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Seibertron » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
GuyIncognito wrote:I hate that they call those "busts". They're not busts; they're statues with no legs. And a statue of a Transformer is basically a Transformer that's permanently stuck in robot mode and can't be repositioned. Any they usually cost a lot more than a TF. I've never understood why anyone would buy one.

Same here, not to mention they're fragile. I don't understand the market for statues/busts. Someone must be buying them though because that's all I see at Comic Conventions these days.

It's a really nice sculpt though. Powermaster Optimus Prime is still one of my all-time favorite Transformers toys. I still think G2 Megatron goes nicely side-by-side with this version of Prime.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
I shall call him "Ginrai" and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Ginrai.

Kudos to whomever gets this reference.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Supreme Convoy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:49 pm

I know the original Optimus Prime toy is iconic and classic but Powermaster will always be my favorite. He was the first Prime figure I owned and loved. Great toy. This bust may be tempting...

GuyIncognito wrote:I hate that they call those "busts". They're not busts; they're statues with no legs. And a statue of a Transformer is basically a Transformer that's permanently stuck in robot mode and can't be repositioned. Any they usually cost a lot more than a TF. I've never understood why anyone would buy one.

Busts are normally just the head and shoulders of a sculpted image.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby Amelie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:58 pm

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
It'd be cheaper (and more fun), just to saw a spare PM Prime in half and glue it into position... =;

My problem with busts really is the price - in some cases, it's cheaper to get the actual toy.
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Bumblevivisector » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 pm

Yeah, badass as this looks, I'm a little stumped as to why the headsculpt and proportions are so closely based on the toy, as the point of busts/statues is usually to make a 3D representation more accurate to a character's cartoon or comic appearances. I don't get the appeal of easily breakable statues either, but I'd honestly be tempted if they'd made this one accurate to Geoff Senior's interpretation of his PM body, or a 'battle-damaged' one based on how Andrew Wildman drew him in Marvel U.S. issues 72-74, since that's how Optimus looked when Furman gave him his all-time greatest character moments, IMO.

There was a lot of Dreamwave-accurate TF sculpture back when said company existed, and several different versions of the same characters ranging from cartoony to "realistic", so I'm surprised at the lack of tributes to the best of Marvel's TF art. Have there been any? Does Marvel have some legal roadblocks in place to prevent that from happening?
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby GEEWUN » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:29 am

Motto: ""I'm not Psychotic... just Crazy!!!""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
so much cheaper to get the regular toy....
GEEWUN
Pretender
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Liftgate » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:09 pm

Motto: ""I can fix anything.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun

I agree with you in a way. Sculptures and bust are usually done in monochrome color or left in the color or the material it's created from. But for some odd reason fully painting them is the standard fair for sci-fi and comic characters, or TF in this instance. Personally I think it look utterly ridiculous -- rather than looking like a work or art, it makes them look like action figures with missing legs.

I don't get why they make them in this way, or why people buy them, it's just bizarre. You will NEVER walk into an art museum and find a fully painted bust, NEVER. But color aside, some of them look kinda cool and I've been tempted to buy one and toss it in some paint stripper and see how it turns out.

On another note, this thing actually has about the same amount of articulation as the real figure! Ha.
Liftgate
Fuzor
Intelligence: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:58 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Liftgate wrote:

I agree with you in a way. Sculptures and bust are usually done in monochrome color or left in the color or the material it's created from. But for some odd reason fully painting them is the standard fair for sci-fi and comic characters, or TF in this instance. Personally I think it look utterly ridiculous -- rather than looking like a work or art, it makes them look like action figures with missing legs.

Yes. A simple BUST would suffice. This is a perfect example of less is more. Didn't they get the memo?

Liftgate wrote:I don't get why they make them in this way, or why people buy them, it's just bizarre. You will NEVER walk into an art museum and find a fully painted bust, NEVER. But color aside, some of them look kinda cool and I've been tempted to buy one and toss it in some paint stripper and see how it turns out.

I wouldn't be surprised if paint stripper would utterly destroy these.

Liftgate wrote:On another note, this thing actually has about the same amount of articulation as the real figure! Ha.

Hah! Good one, sir. Kudos.

And it's true...

I'd love to see Takara tackle a masterpiece Ginrai. I think we'd all line up to buy that sucker. Throw in Godbomber (with the same level of engineering) and we'd sell our firstborns.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Liftgate » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:27 am

Motto: ""I can fix anything.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Autobot032 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if paint stripper would utterly destroy them.

As far as I know, most of these are made from porcelain, so the material itself should be safe. However, it's possible the porcelain could be stained from the paint, or that glue would be showing from where the assembled it. Or the paint stripper could dissolve the glue and then it falls apart.

In any case the parts could be tossed in bleach to see if that makes them porcelain white again, or it could just be painted a basic color like white or gray if that fails. I've seen these sell for $12-$19 on ebay, so it's not a huge loose if it got ruined anyway.
Liftgate
Fuzor
Intelligence: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby Mkall » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:I shall call him "Ginrai" and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Ginrai.

Dora from Finding Nemo

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Sabrblade wrote:I shall call him "Ginrai" and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Ginrai.

Doc Evil to Minime in Austin Powers 2 (I think it was 2).

This looks like a heavy remold of the normal Prime bust.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:28 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Mkall wrote:

Dora from Finding Nemo
"Dory", but yes. You got it.

Dead Metal wrote:

Doc Evil to Minime in Austin Powers 2 (I think it was 2).

This looks like a heavy remold of the normal Prime bust.
Sorry, never saw Austin Powers 2. ^_^'
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Skill: 9

Postby ang3l3s » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:03 pm

I would so love to see this figure redone with today technology !!! And also the god bomber part a well hhhmmmm fansproject does great add on trailers......

Sale thread:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-sale-trade/323806-ang3l3s-plastic-crack-sale.html

FEEDBACK:http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21543&highlight=ANG3l3s
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-e ... g3l3s.html
ang3l3s
Vehicon

Postby Flux Convoy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:23 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
The hell is going on with his waist? This looks kinda terrible IMO.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:14 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Who buys these things?

I know embarrassment will keep you silent for the most part, but share some insight with us you weirdos.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Flux Convoy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:17 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Counterpunch wrote:Who buys these things?

I know embarrassment will keep you silent for the most part, but share some insight with us you weirdos.

This would be the only one to tempt me. PMOP is and has always been one of my favorite TF figures. This, however, looks bad. I have several other comic related busts and statues though. Although Bowen hasn't let me down on any of the comic ones I own.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #4 2nd ptg Cvr B Jazz Image Comics 2024 0124IM895 (CA) Howard"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #4 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 1023IM388 3D (CA) Bergara"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #2 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Decepticon cover"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JAN220494 War's End 2A (CA) Panda"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #12 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915K"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #63 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Akin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #5 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 OCT210414 5RI (CA) Byrne"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915A"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS 3-D #2 Blackthorne Comics 1987 (A/CA) Francis (W) Lafrance 230915J"
TRANSFORMERS 3-D # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #67 Marvel Comics 1990 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Lee 231222Z"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222H"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #24 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 24B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 FEB220442 War's End 3A (CA) Piriz"
Transformers WARS ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON