This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Howard Stern in the movie?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Howard Stern in the movie?

Postby Darth Decepticonus » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:57 am

Radio shock jock Howard Stern was asked to lend his voice to the upcoming "Transformers" movie but had to turn it down at his agent's request.

In one scene Soundwave, a robot who takes the form of small consumer electronic devices, will appear as a radio which was supposed to briefly sprout Stern's voice.

According to Stern on his Monday radio show, he was contacted a week ago in a letter asking him to be in it, but "My agent gets a hold of me. It's almost like he shakes me up and smacks me. I said to him: This movie, The Transformers, it could be a really big movie. And he goes 'So, it won't be because of you, because your f'n voice is on the radio. I thought it might be kinda cool but my agent said 'you don't want to be in the movie as an f'n voice on the radio. And I said, you know, you're right."

Meanwhile some pretty spectacular but brief clips from the film aired during the MTV Movie Awards on Sunday and can be seen at MichaelBay.Com.

- darkhorizons.com

'Tis a shame he turned it down, but no big loss really. I can't picture it anyway. Unless Arcee came into the studio topless.[/url]
Darth Decepticonus
Micromaster
News Credits: 6

Postby decepticonjon » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:10 am

uhh, the radio is frenzy
Mykltron wrote:Surely it's not THAT hard to train monkeys... Is it? Maybe the monkeys were trained by monkeys who hadn't been trained properly.

G1Blaster wrote:Saying an album is ten times better than St. Anger is like saying you'd rather be hit in the head with a bat instead of kicked in the nuts.
decepticonjon
Godmaster
News Credits: 5

Postby MaikeruSama » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:55 am

well a creep to play a creep i think frenzy is the only movie design i dont like becuase he reminds me of a crap witch i fear crabs.
MaikeruSama
Vehicon

Postby Bottom Out » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:01 pm

why not?

it would be a cool little cameo...like it would do anything to ruin his career
Bottom Out
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby Night Raid » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:13 pm

Motto: "You can't hit what you can't see!"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I am SO glad he refused... With so many people already dissing this movie, we don't need any more STUPID in it.
Life can be pretty sweet when your alt-mode is a B-2 Stealth Bomber.

And for those of you who are wondering... I'M A GIRL!

I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally.
Night Raid
Headmaster
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:31 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Night Raid wrote:I am SO glad he refused... With so many people already dissing this movie, we don't need any more STUPID in it.

Word up G, all the homies be dissin this yo.

Creepin out to catch a seen of it is gonna be the dirty downlow of the summer.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby decepticonjon » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:31 pm

Night Raid wrote:I am SO glad he refused... With so many people already dissing this movie, we don't need any more STUPID in it.

i disagree with that.
howards great, i listen to him about every day, but he does talk some **** on his show, but i do not doubt he might have had the chance..
it is a novel idea..
i mean, scatman voiced the original jazz, somewhat cliche' as well if you think about it, but it turned out perfect
Mykltron wrote:Surely it's not THAT hard to train monkeys... Is it? Maybe the monkeys were trained by monkeys who hadn't been trained properly.

G1Blaster wrote:Saying an album is ten times better than St. Anger is like saying you'd rather be hit in the head with a bat instead of kicked in the nuts.
decepticonjon
Godmaster

Postby Cheetron » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:32 pm

Would that have been this movie's "dare to be stupid" moment?
Cheetron
Pretender

Postby Archanubis » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:43 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
As the article says, Stern was not supposed to voice the character, Stern's voice was supposed to come *out* of the stereo speakers at some point. I can't see Frenzy actually "talking" outside of a few electronic zips or something.
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Ultra Magnus » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Motto: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
I have to say, Howard's agent made a HUGE mistake. First of all Howard Stern IS a radio personality; he's not an Actor OR a movie star by any means. I sure as hell wouldn't recognize him until he started talking. Furthermore, it's just more exposure for him! I would think that ANYONE approached about being in the biggest movie of the summer, especially one that markets to a different demographic than the majority of his regular listeners, would JUMP at the chance! Beyond that, being that Howard Stern IS a radio personality, it would add yet another layer of every day realism to this movie that they are trying so hard to make "Real". I'm disappointed in Howard Stern's agent.

Now if we could just get Casey Kasem...
"Alright Bots, the time is Now. Transform and Finish it!"

Ultra Magnus
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7

Postby Emperor Primacron the 1st » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:47 pm

Well, it makes sence since he's not doing normal radio anymore.
Agents can be odd sometimes. But yea, I also think that the film would get an R rating if Howard says stuff he wants to say on that small bit, but they'd probably make him say some watered down stuff, perhaps.
Emperor Primacron the 1st
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Phenotype » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:54 pm

I'm glad he's not doing it, keep that misogynist pig out of Transformers. That guy has no respect for women, men that act like him make me sick.
Phenotype
Vehicon

Postby 1337W422102 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:57 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
It could have been funny if they pulled it off well.

Since Stern isn't going to be in the movie, why not get Casey Kasem instead (Ultra Magnus, you beat me to it!)? He could even be in the middle of his countdown, or something: "And now the #1 song on this day back in 1986..." and The Touch plays. Would have made me laugh.

Another idea would be Art Bell. He could be on his show taking calls about 'shape-shifting alien robots' and doubting the crazies, as usual. Hey, he was good in 'Prey,' he could be good in the TF.
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Skill: 8

Postby City Commander » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Weapon: Air Rifle
Put Tim Shaw on that Radio!!!!!
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8

Postby Cyber Bishop » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:15 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
I listen to him every day and heard when he was talking about this yesterday.

I think Buckwald (his manager) is making a mistake.

Oh he also mentioned how he thought the movie looked extremely cool.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby ZoneDaiatlas » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:15 pm

Motto: ""Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies.""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
1337W422102 wrote:It could have been funny if they pulled it off well.

Since Stern isn't going to be in the movie, why not get Casey Kasem instead (Ultra Magnus, you beat me to it!)? He could even be in the middle of his countdown, or something: "And now the #1 song on this day back in 1986..." and The Touch plays. Would have made me laugh.

Another idea would be Art Bell. He could be on his show taking calls about 'shape-shifting alien robots' and doubting the crazies, as usual. Hey, he was good in 'Prey,' he could be good in the TF.

Art Bell would be the most logical choice. I also agree that he was excellent in the "Prey" Videogame/PC Game...
ZoneDaiatlas
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Wheeljack35 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:25 pm

His super agaent Don Buchwald told him this was a bad idea?

I hope Howard fires his ass
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby proximus » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:36 pm

Motto: "The more you know, the less you don't know.

Find me and my photos on Instagram @doctor_decepticon"
If he wants to turn that down that's his choice..but I still don't understand his managers reasoning, how is it a bad thing? Am I to assume his manager doesn't want howard to be associated with radios? Odd. Maybe it's an ego thing. "I'm worth more than just a radio cameo..." which, he's not.

The more you know, the less you don't know
proximus
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby Bottom Out » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:39 pm

i wouldnt mind if it was the coast to coast AM guy....would sort of go well with the movie being sci-fi and all
Bottom Out
Vehicon

Postby YouFearGalvatron » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:42 pm

Good riddance.

The film is better without him.
YouFearGalvatron

Postby Black Bumblebee » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:44 pm

I second the nomination of Casey Kasem.

Howard Stern, though...no. Don't want him associated with TF at all. People who find his brand of humor funny need to have their heads examined.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby dragons » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:46 pm

im glad he turned it how guys like that treat woman like crap and have wife of there own while the nice guys that are respectuful are single and have trouble getting woman in there life doesnt make much sense to me.

howard stern agent he is an idiot for twlling him to turn it down the part in the film many poeple who have done voice overs or had small voice parts of there voices added in the films have made it big, peter cullen, frank welker, the guy who does the movie commercials and the 2 guys from the matrix one is playing megatron's voice and the other is playing the silver surfer voice.

if theye decide to still go with this idea i wouldnt mind hereing casey casem.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby ZoneDaiatlas » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:47 pm

Motto: ""Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies.""
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Bottom Out wrote:i wouldnt mind if it was the coast to coast AM guy....would sort of go well with the movie being sci-fi and all

You mean George Noory? That's a good choice also, but I think Art Bell would be better since he's been doing these Paranormal and UFO topics on his radio show for years...
ZoneDaiatlas
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby decepticonjon » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:57 pm

ZoneDaiatlas wrote:
Bottom Out wrote:i wouldnt mind if it was the coast to coast AM guy....would sort of go well with the movie being sci-fi and all

You mean George Noory? That's a good choice also, but I think Art Bell would be better since he's been doing these Paranormal and UFO topics on his radio show for years...

yea, art bell would get my vote. that would be pretty cool.. or maybe an old star trek radio show my dad told me about and have spock or something as the underlying track..

decepticonjon
Godmaster

Postby Fireblast » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:17 pm

That guys a creep. This guy's worse than Imus except Imus made racist remarks which if you make in society today your career is pretty much screwed.
Fireblast
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ESCALATION #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2007 3B (W) Furman (CA) Scherwinski"
Transformers ESCAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers War Within DARK AGES #1 Dreamwave Comics 2003 (CA) Figueroa"
Transformers War W ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #23 Cover B IDW Comics 2018 23B "Unicron is here""
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231222V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #50 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 230915U"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS + MY LITTLE PONY #3 IDW Comics 2020 MAR200693 (CA) Fleecs"
TRANSFORMERS + MY ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210580 36A (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #3 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 171019F"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926M"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS '84 Legends & Rumors 100-Page Giant IDW Comics 2021 231222C"
TRANSFORMERS '84 L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 1023IM388 3D (CA) Bergara"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #43 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Macchio (CA) Trimpe 231222W"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210544 13B (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #37 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON