This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:39 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
UK based toy retailer Kapow-Toys reveals on their Blog, that e-Hobby is going to carry a new exclusive this year. The exclusive is a Black repaint of Masterpiece Rodimus Prime, the product name will likely be MP-09 B. It is currently unknown how limited this will be or how much it will cost, the release is stated to be sometime near the end of this year.
Click here to see the original news on their blog!
And to get a taste of black Rodimus figures, visit our Black Friday galleries!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: E-Hobby exclusive: MP-9 Black Rodimus

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:15 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
MINE.

There aren't even pics yet, but if I just imagine my MP-09 in black, there it is.

MINE.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby g60force » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:51 am

How am I getting this in The Netherlands without being ripped of every time!!! :BANG_HEAD:
g60force
Micromaster
Buy from g60force on eBay

Postby RhA » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:00 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
g60force wrote:How am I getting this in The Netherlands without being ripped of every time!!! :BANG_HEAD:

You won't.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby Jazz-1982 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:38 am

Nobody should be surprised or shocked about this one. A very predictable repaint. Pass.

With 2 more Masterpieces confirmed (Prime v2 and Rodimus reissue) I think anyone wanting Soundwave or Galvatron (like me) is in for a long wait.....
Formerly known as the Tokyo-Matrix.
Jazz-1982
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby alldarker » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:05 am

Motto: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Weapon: Vibro-Force Gun
g60force wrote:How am I getting this in The Netherlands without being ripped of every time!!! :BANG_HEAD:

No offence, but every time I read your posts (both on Seibertron and on TFW2005), you are complaining about how hard it is to get TF's in the Netherlands. I live in the Netherlands, and the answer to this question is always going to be the same: yes, most European countries (and not just the Netherlands) get shafted with Transformers. We suffer high prices and terrible distribution, everyone knows, but complaining about it all the time isn't going to get us any more sympathy.

Furthermore, and more importantly in this case, this topic actually concerns a TAKARA / E-HOBBY exclusive: it's not a product even intended for any other market than the Japanese market. Anyone and everyone who doesn't live in Japan will have an expensive time getting this (unless they have good Japanese connections). Instead, you should be thankful that there are plenty of channels (TFSource, BBTS, Robotkingdom, Kapow, etc.) through which this TF will be available at all, even if they do charge for that service.

And at the end of the day, why would you even let yourself get 'ripped off'? No one is forcing you to buy this. It's only ever a question of finding something worth it or not (and having the cash available). By the way, I never felt MP-09 Rodimus was ever worth it, let alone a MP-09b.

Jazz-1982 wrote:Nobody should be surprised or shocked about this one. A very predictable repaint. Pass.

With 2 more Masterpieces confirmed (Prime v2 and Rodimus reissue) I think anyone wanting Soundwave or Galvatron (like me) is in for a long wait.....

So much this...
I'm so meta, even this acronym...
alldarker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 7
Buy from alldarker on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:20 am

yeah, they're killin' us on the wait. I'm still holding out for Masterpiece Soundwave myself. I think I have a better chance of seeing a 3rd party beat them to the punch than actually seeing it.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:22 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
I find no reason to buy this at all unless you are a Rodimus collector.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:29 am

A Rodimus collector.... or a collector of awesome black repaints. :-?
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby REMINATOR » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:30 am

Weapon: Road Blade
Jazz-1982 wrote:Nobody should be surprised or shocked about this one. A very predictable repaint. Pass.

Yes, right now you're not shock with the black MP9 repaint. You'll be shock soon after MP11, ehehhe. Just take it as a joke for now :twisted: :twisted:

Back on topic, indeed MP9 black will look beautiful. If my favorite character from the MP line was made into black, I would've purchased in a heart beat.
MP-22 Ultra Magnus: Autobot City Commander
REMINATOR
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:40 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
gothsaurus wrote:A Rodimus collector.... or a collector of awesome black repaints. :-?

Fair enough.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby CrimsonPrime » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:43 am

A black Rodimus o.O...I wonder if it's gonna come with a beard like the SG version...But I think I'm gonna stick on buying the original Rodimus.
CrimsonPrime
Vehicon

Postby Jazz-1982 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:59 am

Interesting.

BTW. I do like the black repaints but just can't justify the cash unfortunately. If they had packaged it as Wildrider it would have been cool but wouldn't have sold as much. Shattered Glass....?
Formerly known as the Tokyo-Matrix.
Jazz-1982
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby kirbenvost » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Pass. I only collect original color Rodimi. Bring on the new molds, Takara!
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Blurrz » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:33 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Intriguing. But the price will be through the roof.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Flux Convoy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:33 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Counterpunch wrote:I find no reason to buy this at all unless you are a Rodimus collector.

Even then, I'm finding it hard to justify. Of course I still need to get hold of the normal deco first. Hopefully that second run with the rumored fixes pans out.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Grahf » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Motto: "The only cure for stupidity is death."
Easy pass for me. It is way cheaper for me to use one of the rts extras I own and just repaint my own. That or wait to see how much the KOs will be. Only time will tell. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Sometimes, just checking one more store isn't worth it

Maynard James Keenan wrote:Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion.
Grahf
Headmaster
Buy from Grahf on eBay

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Kre-o Capsule RED ALERT Transformers Kreon G1 toy Japan Takara Tomy 2014 New"
Kre-o Capsule RED ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220491 14B (CA) Chi"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210538 1B"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Micro Machines Hauler Playset G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 DEC200412 1A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure"
HYPER STEEL OPTIMU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BEETLE Transformers Beast Wars McDonalds Happy Meal Fast Food Premium 230609A"
BEETLE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210460 12RI (CA) Jones"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #2 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 2A AUG190762 (CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers G1 Cassettes complete pre-rub Hasbro 1984 220802A"
NEW!
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #3 Vol 1 Dreamwave Comics 2002 G1 Autobots Mini-Bot"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLASTER + FLIGHT-PACK Transformers G1 Action Masters complete 1990 240109A"
NEW!
BLASTER + FLIGHT-P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #16 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220504 16A (CA) Lopez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON