This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson. NFL's Megatron

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson. NFL's Megatron

Postby GetRightRobot » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:09 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Posted on TSN, a Canadian sports news website, was an edition of Cabbie Presents from Sport Centers in which wide receiver Calvin Johnson is awarded a Megatron statue in recognition of his nickname and his achievements in the NFL. Johnson earned his nickname in 2007 during the release of the first Michael Bay Transformers film. At that time Roy Williams (currently with Chicago) gave him the name Megatron and it has become an endearing title to Johnson and Detroit fans. Click here to watch Johnson talk about being the NFL villain and receive his Megatron trophy.

GetRightRobot
Godmaster
News Credits: 187
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson. NFL's Megatron

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:20 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
I wish I was also Megatron...
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby EverythingIsFodder » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:52 am

Motto: ""Everything is fodder." - The original Megatron motto, and still the best. Accept nothing less from any bio-mechanoid tyrant you happen to meet."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
SlyTF1 wrote:I wish I was also Megatron...

Don't we all... don't we all.
~sigh~

- EIF out -
EverythingIsFodder
Mini-Con

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Hah, that's awesome. Everyone will want a statue like that now. Just as awesome as these little gems from a real man's sport!

**Well the second image isn't showing, but click on it because it is awesome!
Attachments
images.jpg
Prime Helmet2
images.jpg (10.32 KiB) Viewed 5367 times
80090986_1206242125.jpg
Prime Helmet
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3

Postby Megatron Wolf » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
EverythingIsFodder wrote:

~sigh~

- EIF out -

Trust me being Megatron isnt all its cracked up to be, yeah having and army is cool and trying to take over the universe kicks ass but you get stuck with incompetent troops that retreat at the first sign of trouble, you cant go anywhere without an autobot trying to kick your ass & then you have to deal with starscream trying to kill you every other day. Only thing i dont get is if he got his name from bayformers should that be scrapheap megatron and not animated megatron on the statue?
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby EverythingIsFodder » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Motto: ""Everything is fodder." - The original Megatron motto, and still the best. Accept nothing less from any bio-mechanoid tyrant you happen to meet."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Megatron Wolf wrote:
EverythingIsFodder wrote:

~sigh~

- EIF out -

Trust me being Megatron isnt all its cracked up to be, yeah having and army is cool and trying to take over the universe kicks ass but you get stuck with incompetent troops that retreat at the first sign of trouble, you cant go anywhere without an autobot trying to kick your ass & then you have to deal with starscream trying to kill you every other day.

Fusion Cannon: Problem solved. Problem staying solved.

- EIF out -
EverythingIsFodder
Mini-Con

Postby Blurrz » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Megatron Wolf wrote:. Only thing i dont get is if he got his name from bayformers should that be scrapheap megatron and not animated megatron on the statue?

Can't exactly make an inspiring custom with either Movie Leader figures, no way in heck they could've decal'd Johnson 81 in Jersey like fashion on the back of either.

They got it right with the Animated leader.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 5

Postby dinogeist » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:52 pm

So does everyone call themselves Megatron these days? their was a rapper that recently died who was referring to himself as megatron for years.

Is that factory dyed blue paint on the megatron toy. or did someone hand paint/air brush/dry brush stroke that blue color on the animated leader sized megatron toy that's counted to the statue board?

the blue on the animated leader sized megatron that got mounted to a statue makes it look like galvatron
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Since there's a Megatron in football, we need an Optimus Prime in baseball. Or a Bumblebee in soccer. Possibly a Starscream in gliding. 8-}
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby SirSoundwaveIV » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Motto: "Wreck And Rock"
Weapon: Double-Barrelled Air-Compressor Cannon
Dude's a fricking beast two, can catch passes in triple coverage and is just a physical freak (unfortunate that it was given by Roy Williams who can't catch a damn pass to save his life but...hey, it fits!)
SirSoundwaveIV
Minibot
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Mechastrike » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:58 pm

"stormtroopers are coming"

not being racist. i mean Megs is a bad guy, right? it's fitting to Megs he looks like a Stormtrooper.
Mechastrike
Combiner

Postby MGrotusque » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:01 pm

Should have been a MP megatron used for the statue. But whatever. A fun gesture never the less. ;)
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby dinogeist » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:03 am

monstergrotusque wrote:Should have been a MP megatron used for the statue. But whatever. A fun gesture never the less. ;)

IMHO,MP Megatron is a very unstable figure & they would of had to cement glue all his joints & moving parts to keep it from falling apart.
dinogeist
Godmaster

Postby Kiyza » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:32 am

Motto: "Who says there are no girls on the internet?"
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Mindmaster wrote:Since there's a Megatron in football, we need an Optimus Prime in baseball. Or a Bumblebee in soccer. Possibly a Starscream in gliding. 8-}

There's already a Starscream who's a D.J....
Kiyza
Micromaster
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Courage: 2

Postby Optimus Payne » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Motto: "Don't look at me."
Weapon: Plasma Energy Blaster
Mindmaster wrote:Since there's a Megatron in football, we need an Optimus Prime in baseball. Or a Bumblebee in soccer. Possibly a Starscream in gliding. 8-}

Up here in Toronto, the goalie for the Maple Leafs hockey team, James Reimer, has been dubbed "Optimus Reim" (the last part rhyming with prime). He even has it painted on his helmet.
Optimus Payne
Mini-Con
Strength: 6
Speed: 9

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 4A GI JOE 0124IM247 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
NEW!
DUKE #4 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 FEB220414 3RI Meugniot"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 1E 1123IM201 (CA) Sorrentino"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915J"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D GI JOE 1123IM275 (CA) ACO (W) Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230290 2A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220460 2B (CA) Lattie"
GI JOE Saturday Mo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0723IM409 4D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 2C 1223IM261 (CA) Burnham"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM407 4B (CA) Diberkato (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721B"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222D"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON