3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced

Transformers News: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced

Thursday, January 22nd, 2015 4:16pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 41,795

The company behind that highly-detailed but non-transforming licensed Bumblebee figure from Dark of the Moon, 3A, have released some new images showing off their next project: DOTM Megatron. The collectible statue will be on sale at Bambaland starting January 30th, will be around 47cm/18.5 in tall, and have LED features as well as removable cape and gun. Check out some mirrored images below!

Transformers News: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced

Transformers News: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced

Transformers News: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced

Transformers News: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced

Transformers News: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced

Credit(s): 3A

Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1642111)
Posted by Shockwave7 on January 22nd, 2015 @ 6:19pm CST
That's probably about the only way I might buy any of the Bayverse crap.
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1642233)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 23rd, 2015 @ 1:13am CST
Hmm. I think I'm far too used to how the toys kept the truck bumper more intact, distinct, and ultimately more Transformer-esque. Screen-accuracy be damned, alt mode parts don't look as interesting when they're pulled, morphed, and hammered into 'organic' blobs.
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1642355)
Posted by TulioDude on January 23rd, 2015 @ 9:52am CST
Megatron looks greatThough reminds that I still want a Leader class version of that form.
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1642384)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 23rd, 2015 @ 10:24am CST
Another non-transforming, over-priced statue based on the most disliked iteration of Transformers in its 30-year history. Awesome! We needed more of these on the market.

Somewhere out there, there must be some millionaire with a house full of TF statues, and this one guy supports the entire industry.
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1642431)
Posted by Black Hat on January 23rd, 2015 @ 12:54pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:based on the most disliked iteration of Transformers in its 30-year history.

But this is based on the Movieverse, not Kiss Players.
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1642446)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 23rd, 2015 @ 1:59pm CST
Delta Magnus wrote:

But this is based on the Movieverse, not Kiss Players.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the KISS Player figures were Alternators, and I don't think the Alternators were as hated as the Baybots.
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1642450)
Posted by Black Hat on January 23rd, 2015 @ 2:09pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:

But this is based on the Movieverse, not Kiss Players.

I take it you aren't familiar with Kiss Players, AKA Transformers: Lolicon Psychosexual Horror Fest.

The figures were basically redecoed Binaltech TFs, albeit with creepy PVC little girls and cringeworthy boxart.

And I'm pretty sure that the Bayverse has brought some widely loved figures- especially the ROTF era. Look at ROTF Leader Prime for example- one of the best Transformer toys ever made. And if you're talking about the movies, they aren't nearly as bad as the pundits make them out- they're hardly great but they're fun to watch, and let's be honest, Transformers has never been known for having outstanding stories.
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1642453)
Posted by william-james88 on January 23rd, 2015 @ 2:29pm CST
Delta Magnus wrote: and let's be honest, Transformers has never been known for having outstanding stories.

Please direct your attention towards Beast Machines >:oP

;)
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1642468)
Posted by Black Hat on January 23rd, 2015 @ 3:01pm CST
...Which everyone hated for...some reason.

(I've only seen the first 4 eps so I can't comment on that.)
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1642473)
Posted by william-james88 on January 23rd, 2015 @ 3:08pm CST
Delta Magnus wrote:...Which everyone hated for...some reason.

(I've only seen the first 4 eps so I can't comment on that.)

Oh, it is VERY easy to see why it was hated. All the characters had close to 180s and even though the voices and names were the same, it was like looking at different characters on screen. That said, it was a very interesting show. And the art style has aged MUCH better than Beast Wars.
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1642481)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 23rd, 2015 @ 4:05pm CST
Honestly, Movieverse is the best series to get this high-end treatment. Their designs are crazy detailed, which you can't properly appreciate in childrens toys or even on-screen. They demand these kinds of statues so you can just sit and absorb all the little things going on in them.

... wait, BB has 65 points of articulation?! So these aren't static statues? Ffffffffffmmmnnnn I wish I had the money for these things.
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1642482)
Posted by Black Hat on January 23rd, 2015 @ 4:06pm CST
That Megatron looks beastly.
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1704220)
Posted by Va'al on June 29th, 2015 @ 8:25am CDT
In the 3A line that brought us Transformers: Dark of the Moon Bumblebee, then Megatron, a new movie replica has surfaced: Optimus Prime! The news comes from Autobase Aichi, though it can also be found on the company's main site here (in Japanese) - and you might want to check out the mirrored images below from the catalogue showing off this highly posable, non-transforming figure, available via Bambaland (Hong Kong) as of June 30th.

Bambaland Limited Edition transformer -
Optimus Prime premium scale collectible figure

$ 430 USD (all world correspondence of postage included)

- Height about 19 inches (about 48.25cm)
· Fingertips also systemic full moveable including. Moveable point 85 or more places.
High detail of modeling and painting and realistic weathering effects Energy blade is two included - blade knuckle is one included - eyes and headlights of the body portion for mounting the LED light-up function

Bambaland Limited Edition exclusive weapon:
Mega striker

Other specifications:
- Material - ABS, PVC, POM
- Battery - AG1 × 9 (batteries not included)

※ is the final production version might design and coloring is different

Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1704223)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 29th, 2015 @ 8:41am CDT
3A makes awesome figures... time to think about replacing my ROTF Optimus with this thing... I've never transformed my ROTF OP anyway. =X
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1704270)
Posted by Emerje on June 29th, 2015 @ 11:43am CDT
Keep in mind that the figure itself isn't a Bambaland exclusive, just the Battle Blaster (that's what the English page is calling it). There will also be a general retail version sold without it (you only get swords and the exclusives tend to sell out to the 3A collectors fast).

Emerje
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1704275)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 29th, 2015 @ 11:50am CDT
Damn. It's beautiful. I want!
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1720470)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 24th, 2015 @ 10:59am CDT
IDK.. I mean, yea the figure is gorgeous. But that price point of 430.00 USD is extremely expensive. I think the DOTM Megatron has to be my 2nd Fav, with the rebuilt TF2 movie version being number 1, and the 1st movie Cybertronian Jet is my third fav.. But does anyone see these figures a bit bulkier then they should be?? I mean, Prime looked a bit skinny, so did Bumblebee, and Megatron from my recollection of the movie.. But at a 400 dollar price point, it sure makes It hard to collect the whole movie line up.. and makes larger scaled figures seem a bit more unlikely.. If 3A releases a 12 inch line up with Megatron and Optimus, with 7-8 inch bumblebee, and so on... at a 250.00 price point like Hottoys figures, I'd be in for the entire round up.. but at 450.00 for just one figure.. phew..

that's going to leave a lot of Megatron's and Bumblebee's on the shelf.. I can see why they released Bumblebee and Megs first..

As it stands now.. I am still debating on whether to grab Optimus, or just wait to see if 3A does a scaled down offering at a more marketable price point for the Average hard working fan.. as apposed to the upper class richy rich fans who can afford 400+ a pop for a Transformer figure.. level of detail, and lighting up.. if 450.00 costs that, then 3A should send their people to Hot Toys for a lesson in how to do it and make it cost 200.00 less..

who needs a 19 inch figure anyways? I would prefer a 12 inch line.. or 1/6 scale for humans.. it would be around 1/4 scale for Optimus, or maybe like Gundam.. Master grade is 1/100, perfect grade is 1/800 scale.. even then, that is only about 15-16 inches tall at the most for those kits.. I have been wanting high quality action figures of the TRANSFORMERS movie characters for a long time now. But I never imagined them being that scale.. too much.. too expensive.. come out with a high quality lineup from the 1st movie.. 12 inch, and 70 points of articulation. with excellent paint apps, and loads of accessories.. then you can justify the 250.00 I am willing to commit on the entire Autobot crew from the movie trilogy, and Decepticon crew as well. Also the Hottoys light up with LED lights too, so it's not impossible to get that level detail, articulation, and light effects into a 12 inch figure at a 250.00 Price point.. I mean, at 450.00 that thing should have voice sounds from the Movie, respond to commands and crap 1 inch sized 18K golden bars!! :BANG_HEAD:

Wish list fro 3A: 12 Inch Optimus Prime, 8 Inch Bumblebee, 12 Inch Megatron

Wish list: Autobots
1. Optimus Prime Movie 2 12 inch figure
2. Megatron Rebuild Movie 2 12 inch figure.
3. Ironhide 9 inch figure
4. Ratchet 9 Inch Figure
5. sideswipe 8 inch figure
6. twins 6 Inch figure
7. Sentinel Prime Figure
8. Optimus Prime Knight armor version 12 Inch Figure
10. DEFINITELY MIRAGE 8 INCH FIGURE!!

Wish list: Decepticon
1. Megatron Movie 2 12 inch figure
2. StarScream Movie 2 9 inch figure
3. Brawl (devastator) 12 inch figure
4. soundwave 8 Inch car version movie figure
5. laserbeak, scorponok, and ravage 6 inch figure PACKs
6. Bone crusher 12 inch figure
7. Barricade figure 8 inch
8. Blackout 9 Inch figure (tho if in scale it should be much larger)
9. The Fallen 12 inch figure
10. DEFINITELY SCHOCKWAVE 12 INCH FIGURE!!
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1720492)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 24th, 2015 @ 12:02pm CDT
Why you got Megatron as number 2 in Autobot list? :P

Anyways your lists would be great if they ever become a reality. Win the lottery and pay crazy money to get them to manufacture those just for you (and me).
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1720559)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 24th, 2015 @ 3:35pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Why you got Megatron as number 2 in Autobot list? :P

Whooops! I didn't realize I placed ole' Megs in the Autobot list.. LOL..

anyhow, as far as them producing stuff for me.. it's odd, but if you were to have a complete list of my wishes and wants from being here on seibertron.com, like the action figure and super detailed figures non-transformable of the Transformers.. I have mentioned that like a year ago.. it seems like everytime I mention an idea, it gets made.. karma.. not saying I am a Transformer production godlike being bringing my ideas into reality through mental control (although I may, you can never be sure! Muahhahahaa!) anyways, I figure at some point the people over at 3A will realize that a smaller production scale, with a higher run would be more productive and garner more fan purchases then the lucrative 1% rich market who can afford 450.00 per figure..

I can wait.. seems like my ideas always come out about a year or so later.. LOL

Seriously, it's eerie how much I have shouted I want this, and they should make that, and then al of a sudden, there it is!! LOL.. :DANCE:
Re: 3A DOTM Megatron Non-Transformable Figure Announced (1739270)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on November 4th, 2015 @ 8:53pm CST
The World of 3A Facebook page has updated with images of their newest Transformers Dark of the Moon release Starscream. This is just the latest entry into their Premium Scale Collectable Figures. Check out the images and features below.

Coming to Bambaland Store
Friday November 13th, 2015
9:00am HK Time

BAMBALAND EXCLUSIVE
TRANSFORMERS
STARSCREAM
Premium Scale Collectible Figure

The treacherous Lieutenant of the Decepticons, Starscream soars the ranks in Premium Scale. Using his guile and cunning Starscream slyly seeks any opportunity to overthrow Megatron and take his place as leader of the Decepticons. The Premium Scale Edition features extremely detailed sculpt and paint applications including Cybertronian Tattoos. Equipped with interchangeable Missile Cluster Arm and an additional interchangeable Saw Blade Arm that is exclusive only to Bambaland!

- Figure Stands 16-Inches (40.64cm) Tall
- Fully Poseable With Over 75 Points of Articulation including Articulated Fingers
- Highly-Detailed Sculpt and Paint Application
- Features Realistic Weathering Effect
- Comes with additional Interchangeable Missile Cluster Arm
- LED Light-Up Eyes

BAMBALAND EXCLUSIVE EDITION INCLUDES
- Interchangeable Saw Blade Arm

ADDITIONAL INFO
- Materials Used - ABS, PVC, POM
- Requires AG13 X 2 Button Cell Batteries (Batteries Not Included)

USD $430
Price Includes Worldwide Shipping
*Design and color may change on final shipping version

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
"On a Boat"
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon DOTM Movie Legion Class Cyberverse SOUNDWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 46, DROPKICK Bumblebee Movie, New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon SKIDS Deluxe Figure's ROOF Part Dotm" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MECHTECH WEAPONS AUTOBOT SKIDS CHEVY SPARK MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Deception Shockwave New" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Soundwave DOTM Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Deluxe Autobot Sideswipe [Dark of the Moon] (MechTech)" on EBAY