Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues

Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues

Saturday, March 13th, 2021 3:22pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 37,835

There are listings now for all 4 Beast Wars reissues. The listings do confirm that Rattrap and Cheetor are in the same class/price point. The listings come with new images showcasing the mutant masks and the weapon storage. Rattrap and Cheetor have subtle deco differences, but Megatron and Optimus have much more obvious differences. Megatron no longer has silver paint on his head, for instance and Optimus has very light coloured weaponry and no red on his robot mode chest, among other deco changes.

These will come in their original boxes and the listings below should become live with preorders this tuesday:

Megatron https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers/791542741
Optimus Prime https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers/632803916
Rattrap https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers ... /200598161
Cheetor https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers/662391149

Transformers News: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues

Credit(s): Walmart

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2098090)
Posted by blackeyedprime on March 13th, 2021 @ 3:46pm CST
Owch on rattrap price. Always thought that there should have been some color change paint on the figures with a few of them having water squirting weapons.
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2098092)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 13th, 2021 @ 3:50pm CST
Well the original Rattrap release had yellow eyes in Beast Mode, if that counts?
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2098096)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 13th, 2021 @ 4:14pm CST
Hmmmm... is it bad that only Rattrap appeals to me here? Too many other versions out there for the rest, with better decos and new parts in the case of Primal and Megs. Already have Universe 2003 Primal and BM T-Wrecks, so I'm covered on those mold variants.
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2098097)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 13th, 2021 @ 4:19pm CST
I've always had a soft spot for Basic Rattrap (and the Basic Megatron/Iguanus). But, I still have my original one and custom piece. So I wouldn't really want another one.
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2098100)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 13th, 2021 @ 4:32pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Barney Megatron is a bad figure. Arguably the worst Predacon design of the original line.

I think it's an awesome design. Have the leader turn into a T Rex is as cool as it can get. And I like the design. If we are gonna talk about gimmicks hampering toys, I feel that's the case with Primal. Really hate not being able to move his arms freely without hearing the gears clicking in miscontent.

Dragma Kerp wrote:I hope those reissues are not walmart exclusive T_T

Sabrblade wrote:
GrangerPerry wrote:Or a states release for the first time of ravage would be nice
Unfortunately, back during the 10th Anniversary line, Hasbro went looking for that mold and either couldn't find it or it was lost beyond recovery.

I hear that but no one ever presents evidence of this. Was that said in an interview or at a show somewhere? I thought they didn't put Rattrap because he didn't fit the price point.

Isn't this where we came in?
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2098127)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 14th, 2021 @ 1:35am CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
TulioDude wrote:Anyone else wanting the original Dinobot?His tail gimmick seens a lot of fun.

I'm good. I have a good copy of the original. Not a big fan if that toy though, it's very awkward.

The best thing about that toy is how people used to believe it actually used parts of the Jurassic Park Raptor.

I have the BW Neo Hardhead retool, and he's fun to transform. Compared to his contemporaries, Dinobot's articulation isn't as restricted. True, the legs could have been dealt with better, but it was a learning moment for everyone.

Hardhead always appealed to me. I never liked the look of Dinobot, even the show model took a while to grow on me, but Hardhead looked great. I really wanted a retool of the Universe Dinobot (god I recently rediscovered that thing and I questioned why I thought it looked amazing at the time XD) mold into Hardhead.

I would like to add, that the packaging isn't actually the original. It's inspired by it, but it has a couple differences. The background is better defined, the artwork is clearer and placed differently, and they changed some of the writing on it. But honestly, I think it looks much better than the original. Even though I kinda miss the original tags for the modes.
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2098134)
Posted by Emerje on March 14th, 2021 @ 6:56am CDT

Emerje
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2098160)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 14th, 2021 @ 2:19pm CDT
Emerje wrote:Not sure how I feel about Primal's weapons all being baby blue now. I do like that his head is now a darker blue like the 10th anniversary version. Looks like the back of his head is no longer red (what a missed opportunity for light piping!) so I guess they must have painted his eyes red unless the whole head is painted. :-?

Emerje

The back of the head is gangmolded with the arm gun, the foot pistons and the flipping gorilla face, so light-piping wasn't as high a priority as having eyes that didn't need to be painted.
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2102746)
Posted by william-james88 on April 22nd, 2021 @ 9:15pm CDT
The site In Demand Toys now has new stock photos for the upcoming reissues of Beast Wars Megatron and Optimus Primal. These are Walmart exclusive in some parts of the world (like the US) but clearly, there are other places selling them online, like that very site, which is based in the UK. The images show that the toys will come in packaging that is very close to their original packaging of back in the day. The back is a bit disheartening since they have both Cheetor and Rattrap as Megas. While the deco for Optimus Primal is the same we saw in the reveal images, Megatron's is drastically different. On the packaging photos and in the stock photos, he has the silver paint on his head that the original toy had (to replicate the G1 Megatron look). So we are not sure what the final colour will be.

Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2102749)
Posted by Lore Keeper on April 22nd, 2021 @ 9:41pm CDT
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2102751)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 22nd, 2021 @ 9:44pm CDT
I'm very happy with my 2006 anniversary releases, so I'm passing on this Primal and Megatron. If Inferno is ever re-released in this new line, that's the 1 I'll get, along with Depthcharge most likely. Otherwise the Kingdom releases are the way to go for me.
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2102753)
Posted by william-james88 on April 22nd, 2021 @ 9:59pm CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:This is good news! The silver helmet was make or break for me. I don't want cartoon accurate colors on reissue toys. That's what Kingdom and 10th anniversary toys are for. IMO, reissues are meant to be as accurate to the original toy as possible.

We'll only know for sure when we find him in stores
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2102763)
Posted by Betenoire on April 22nd, 2021 @ 11:30pm CDT
Wow, that Primal packaging really takes me back. I may get this and leave it in there just for that sake.
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2102765)
Posted by Emerje on April 23rd, 2021 @ 1:02am CDT

Emerje
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2102771)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 23rd, 2021 @ 6:07am CDT
Emerje wrote:Just making this an easier pass for me. Will probably get Rattrap since I don't own an original one and the aftermarket price is more than I'm willing to pay.

Emerje
It's a decent figure, but I do still wish it had been the Takara second-run deco with the copper head and fists. That's a deco rarity that any Rattrap fan ought to have a second chance at.
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2102860)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 24th, 2021 @ 3:38pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Emerje

I guess the Kingdom one will fill that spot, with the reissue toy-accurate. :-?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Terrorsaur scheduled in a later wave? If so... what mold would they use? I just learned that there are two distinct molds for the Basic Pteranodon: the original Terrorsaur, and Lazorbeak with minor differences in proportions, plus an indent for a mood sticker. Here's which mold made that figure, according to TFWiki:

Terrorsaur
Terrorsaur (original run)
Fractyl
AoE Dinobot Strafe

Lazorbeak
Terrorsaur (later EU runs)
Lazorbeak
BW Neo Hydra
Dinobots Terranotron/Swoop

More than likely the original Terrorsaur mold, but... Why make a variant mold at all?!
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2102897)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on April 25th, 2021 @ 3:34am CDT
I was trying to find an image of all the original Terrorsaur variants together, akin to the Dinobot and Cybershark molds. But it doesn't look like anyone has bothered to make one [online]? :-?
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2102904)
Posted by william-james88 on April 25th, 2021 @ 8:28am CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Emerje

I guess the Kingdom one will fill that spot, with the reissue toy-accurate. :-?

Terrorsaur
Terrorsaur (original run)
Fractyl
AoE Dinobot Strafe

Lazorbeak
Terrorsaur (later EU runs)
Lazorbeak
BW Neo Hydra
Dinobots Terranotron/Swoop

We only know of this first wave for the Beast Wars reissues. We know they have the original run mold close at hand so I'd guess they would use that one.
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2102981)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 25th, 2021 @ 7:15pm CDT
Putting more thought into that Optimus, the mutant mask looks really sharp
Re: Additional Images and Listings for Walmart Exclusive Beast Wars Reissues (2103011)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 26th, 2021 @ 5:43am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Putting more thought into that Optimus, the mutant mask looks really sharp

I personally love the Mutant masks, on my original bw Megs, I used to cover one side of it (the only part of the mask remaining) and pretend he had a phantom of the opera vibe going on :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "MIB~JAPAN Takara Transformers G1 D311 Black Zarak COMPLETE Headmasters scorponok" on EBAY
Buy "JAPAN Takara 1987 Transformers G1 D93 Scorponok 100% COMPLETE~Lord Zarak black" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS02 Voyager Red Wing Exclusive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Trailcutter mosc sealed trailbreaker g1 idw mib" on EBAY
Buy "G.I. Joe Comic Lot of 26 DDP 2005-2007 America's Elite Storm Shadow Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Runabout WFC-E41 Target Exclusive Clean Packaging New" on EBAY