Black lives matter. 'Til all are one!

Black lives matter. 'Til all are one!

Saturday, June 6th, 2020 5:35am CDT

Category: Event News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 43,968

Transformers News: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one!

Transformers News: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one!

Fellow Seibertronians and Transformers fans,

20 years ago this month, I built Seibertron.com. It was once a megaphone that I would use on occasion to show my support for things like Rock The Vote or to share my thoughts about 9/11 or other things non-Transformers related of which I was passionate. As Seibertron.com became more of a business over the years and as I became married and a father, I ceased using it as a megaphone for the things in which I believe are right. For too long, my megaphone has been silent.

For those of you who are upset because you came to Seibertron.com today to escape reality, I'm sorry. Today, is not the day that we get to come here and ignore what is going on elsewhere within the world. Today is a day that we need to acknowledge what is happening. You can't hide behind your computer today when others need us.

We are at one of the most historic junctions in our lifetime. We are in the midst of a pandemic. We are in the midst of financial challenges not seen in generations. We are in the midst of a racial crisis. These are just some of the challenges that face us at this moment. It is time to be silent no more.

Aside from telling all of you to practice social distancing, wear masks, be safe, and be smart ... there is little influence I can have over mother nature and a pandemic. However, the same can not be said about my ability to have some influence over the injustice and unfair treatment others must endure simply because of the color of their skins.

While we were all created equal, our society does not treat us all as equal. There are so many things that divide us and keep us apart. It is time for some deep soul searching my friends, my fellow Seibertronians and my fellow Transformers fans. It is time to ask yourself ... what can you do to help stop racial injustices?

We are all at a junction where we need to chart a different course than the road with which we have all traveled for so very long. It is time for change. It is time for us to all come together. It is time to say we are all equal and mean it. It is time to stand up to the unfair treatment that others receive because of the color of their skin.

Today, there will be demonstrations throughout our nation, and possibly the world. Peaceful protests expressing that BLACK LIVES MATTER. Protests against police brutality. Protests against being treated unfairly or unequal. Protests to hopefully change our course for the better.

As Transformers fans, the phrase "'Til All Are One" means so much to us. These words were first spoken by the Transformers Autobot leader Optimus Prime in the 1986 Transformers animated movie. In the fictional world of the Transformers, it is a statement, a rallying cry, a call for hope, a desire to unify, a moment of reflection, a wish for peace. It is a phrase that exemplifies this current moment where we need to bring all colors of people together, to be treated fairly and as equals. If "'Til All Are One" means something to you, it's time for you to share that with others. It does not just have to belong to the Transformers fiction. It is an ideal and a belief that we can share with everyone around us around the world.

If you do not wish to take part in today's protests, that's fine. But please, ask yourself what you can do to help make a difference. Donate to a charitable cause that helps others. Denounce racism. Spend some time trying to understand systemic racism. Ask yourself whether or not you are part of the problem or the solution. Spend 30 minutes today to educate yourself about some of the tragedies that have befallen people of color. Just do something to help move all of us forward as a society. Everyone plays a part in this.

I have been asking myself that same question throughout this week. To help make a difference, I turned my megaphone back on for today to reach out to the 250,000+ unique visitors that come to Seibertron.com each month. I am helping my bringing further awareness to this issue. I reached out to ask all of you ... What can you do to help make a difference?

My megaphone is silent no more. Rest assured, this won't be something I abuse. This topic needed to be addressed today.

Do your part. Show your support. Do whatever you can.

Black lives matter.
Show your support for equal rights.
'Til all are one.

Ryan Yzquierdo
Seibertron.com

Transformers News: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one!

This article was last modified on Saturday, June 6th, 2020 5:51am CDT

Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066735)
Posted by Z3ROhour on June 6th, 2020 @ 5:52am CDT
Thanks, Seib.

PS...I CAN'T BREATHE!

:BOT:
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066736)
Posted by .... on June 6th, 2020 @ 5:53am CDT
All lives matter.

This is a Transformers site. I don't want fucking political topics in the news.
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066738)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 6th, 2020 @ 5:56am CDT
UnderYourCloset wrote:All lives matter.

This is a Transformers site. I don't want **** political topics in the news.

It's not politics, it's humanity. Please read it again.
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066739)
Posted by Seibertron on June 6th, 2020 @ 5:58am CDT
UnderYourCloset wrote:All lives matter.

This is a Transformers site. I don't want **** political topics in the news.

It's a Transformers site. But it's my site. This is happening today here on Seibertron.com. This is MY form of protesting. There are a lot of other Transformers fansites out there if you want to hide under a rock and pretend that all of this isn't happening. Today, here on Seibertron.com, we are going to acknowledge the unfair treatment black people are continuing to suffer and hopefully some of you can come up with some things we each can do to help make the world a better place for people of all colors.
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066740)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 6th, 2020 @ 6:06am CDT
I stand with those who stand against prejudice. Reading about all those lives that got snuffed out so carelessly, it makes me angry to think that it's 2020 and this is the world we have.

Your words stand strong.

Till All Are One
#BlackLivesMatter
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066742)
Posted by .... on June 6th, 2020 @ 6:10am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
UnderYourCloset wrote:All lives matter.

This is a Transformers site. I don't want **** political topics in the news.

What I have an issue with it people "for the sake of protesting" are destroying people's livelihoods right now, burning their homes, stealing their belongings, because there was some hit on a black man by probably a crime organization of some sort, and people think it's a simple race issue. Please fucking look at shit for two seconds other than what your friends on Twitter say. Thank you.

What happened was a terrible thing. No question about it. However, I WATCHED the video and looked into the info that came out about the various people involved. It wasn't a random black guy killed by a random police officer. The guy was hunted down by a bunch of people. Just saying "cops are bad and racist" is the cause of it is honestly the most dimwitted thing I can think of.

Giving money to some random organization and saying "racism bad" isn't gonna do jack shit. All it does is stir up more emotional bull shit by random people who won't even care in a week.

This shit happens constantly. Some event happens, people protest (riot), and then in two weeks nobody cares anymore. The hired rioters get their paychecks and stolen TVs, and everyone lives happily ever after (except for the people with destroyed homes and businesses and dead/injured family members) until the next riot over the next freakout worthy news article.

In conclusion: ALL LIVES MATTER.
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066743)
Posted by Z3ROhour on June 6th, 2020 @ 6:11am CDT
UnderYourCloset wrote:All lives matter.

This is a Transformers site. I don't want **** political topics in the news.

Ummmm...
You're going to pull this Mod $#!% on Ryan (Seibertron)?
You got some set of bearings, kid!

:BANG_HEAD:
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066744)
Posted by Caesarbot on June 6th, 2020 @ 6:12am CDT
Thank you for this. These are truly exceptional times, and it's weird to cruise the web, pretending this isn't happening around us. Thank you for making me feel like this site, which I visit daily, is one where all of our humanity is welcome and respected.

Love the banner. Great work!
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066745)
Posted by Z3ROhour on June 6th, 2020 @ 6:13am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
UnderYourCloset wrote:All lives matter.

This is a Transformers site. I don't want **** political topics in the news.

Here, here!
Well done, my boy!
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066746)
Posted by .... on June 6th, 2020 @ 6:13am CDT
Z3ROhour wrote:
UnderYourCloset wrote:All lives matter.

This is a Transformers site. I don't want **** political topics in the news.

Ummmm...
You're going to pull this Mod $#!% on Ryan (Seibertron)?
You got some set of bearings, kid!

:BANG_HEAD:

Ban me, idc. If me actually looking into things beyond a news headline, and actually caring about all the people suffering right now gets me kicked off, Idc.
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066749)
Posted by Z3ROhour on June 6th, 2020 @ 6:23am CDT
UnderYourCloset wrote:
Z3ROhour wrote:
UnderYourCloset wrote:All lives matter.

This is a Transformers site. I don't want **** political topics in the news.

Ummmm...
You're going to pull this Mod $#!% on Ryan (Seibertron)?
You got some set of bearings, kid!

:BANG_HEAD:

That rage you feel... that is part of this too.
We know ALL LIVES MATTER.
But what they are saying is
SOME LIVES MATTER MORE &
BLACK LIVES MATTER, AS MUCH AS OTHERS.

Just calm down.
No one is forcing you to read any of this.
People just want to get involved and in touch with their community.
Even this community.
It's a safe place for us.
But to ignore this is folly.
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066752)
Posted by .... on June 6th, 2020 @ 6:29am CDT
Z3ROhour wrote:
UnderYourCloset wrote:
Z3ROhour wrote:
UnderYourCloset wrote:All lives matter.

This is a Transformers site. I don't want **** political topics in the news.

Ummmm...
You're going to pull this Mod $#!% on Ryan (Seibertron)?
You got some set of bearings, kid!

:BANG_HEAD:

That rage you feel... that is part of this too.
We know ALL LIVES MATTER.
But what they are saying is
SOME LIVES MATTER MORE &
BLACK LIVES MATTER, AS MUCH AS OTHERS.

Just calm down.
No one is forcing you to read any of this.
People just want to get involved and in touch with their community.
Even this community.
It's a safe place for us.
But to ignore this is folly.

I just feel this is unwarranted. What happened was almost certainly not a race issue, so why the hell are people doing this shit now? Every creator I enjoy is doing this bullshit "anti racism charity" stuff when that makes 0 SENSE because HOW can sending money to some organization cause people to stop hating other people. Yes, racism is a real issue, and yes police should be more carefully selected. I feel like "restructuring the police force to prevent this from happening again" should be the cause to go for, not "fuck the police". This situation is too fucking complicated for a simple Transformers forum. You're not doing ANY "part", this is a pointless and frustrating endeavor.
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066753)
Posted by Black Hat on June 6th, 2020 @ 6:30am CDT

I've always been hugely opposed to overreach of the law- I am wholeheartedly in support of the pro-democracy campaigners in Hong Kong being oppressed by the CCP for example- but there are a lot of lies and misinformation being peddled at the moment about this mess (from both sides), and it pays to be vigilant to avoid being deceived. There is a difference between the genuine peaceful protestors and the huge amount of violent thugs who just want a reason to cause mayhem.

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. 'Till all are one.
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066755)
Posted by .... on June 6th, 2020 @ 6:34am CDT
Black Hat wrote:Whilst I agree with the sentiment behind the post, and the circumstances surrounding the beginnings of this situation are awful, I cannot in good conscience support BLM itself. Not with their failure to properly condemn the looting, arson and general violence performed by rioters using the protests as an excuse to act like barbarians, not to mention their close ties with Soviet-founded terrorist group Antifa (recently exposed by Project Veritas). And that's before we start on the higher-up bad actors supporting the riots (see: magically appearing bricks) and bailing out rioters. The original cause is just, but what these protests have devolved into is utterly abominable and I cannot, and will not, support them.

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. 'Till all are one.

^^^^^^THIS
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066757)
Posted by Z3ROhour on June 6th, 2020 @ 6:36am CDT
UnderYourCloset wrote:
Z3ROhour wrote:
UnderYourCloset wrote:
Z3ROhour wrote:
UnderYourCloset wrote:All lives matter.

This is a Transformers site. I don't want **** political topics in the news.

Ummmm...
You're going to pull this Mod $#!% on Ryan (Seibertron)?
You got some set of bearings, kid!

:BANG_HEAD:

That rage you feel... that is part of this too.
We know ALL LIVES MATTER.
But what they are saying is
SOME LIVES MATTER MORE &
BLACK LIVES MATTER, AS MUCH AS OTHERS.

Just calm down.
No one is forcing you to read any of this.
People just want to get involved and in touch with their community.
Even this community.
It's a safe place for us.
But to ignore this is folly.

I just feel this is unwarranted. What happened was almost certainly not a race issue, so why the hell are people doing this **** now? Every creator I enjoy is doing this bullshit "anti racism charity" stuff when that makes 0 SENSE because HOW can sending money to some organization cause people to stop hating other people. Yes, racism is a real issue, and yes police should be more carefully selected. I feel like "restructuring the police force to prevent this from happening again" should be the cause to go for, not "**** the police". This situation is too **** complicated for a simple Transformers forum. You're not doing ANY "part", this is a pointless and frustrating endeavor.

It's not going to cure racism.
It's just not.
But it might help someone.
Just one someone.
Isn't that enough?
It's EVERYTHING to someone.
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066759)
Posted by BumbleDouche on June 6th, 2020 @ 6:44am CDT
Anyone else amused by the irony of changing the site background colour to white?
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066760)
Posted by .... on June 6th, 2020 @ 6:45am CDT
Z3ROhour wrote:It's not going to cure racism.
It's just not.
But it might help someone.
Just one someone.
Isn't that enough?
It's EVERYTHING to someone.

Ok MatPat. Wouldn't the riots most likely make racist people even MORE bitter?

I think a good ol existential crisis would be good for some people nowadays.
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066761)
Posted by Dorkimus on June 6th, 2020 @ 6:51am CDT

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. 'Till all are one.

Check your "facts". Antifa was founded in Germany pre ww2 and again later in the 1980's.And the fact that your dear president Trumbo calls them terrorists doesn't make it 100% true.
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066764)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 6th, 2020 @ 7:02am CDT
First thing that needs to be said is a thank you to Ryan for addressing this. No matter our own personal views, the best way to achieve a solution to a problem is by discussion and a shared effort to reach a common goal.

The second thing that I need to say is that I'm white. Just so those reading my post have a frame of reference.

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. 'Till all are one.
This is largely how I feel as well.

If black lives truly matter to those taking part in this, why is no one speaking about David Dorn? He was black. He was murdered in the riots.

I don't subscribe to all the conspiracies surrounding this whole thing, but I'm not saying anyone else shouldn't. Believe what you want, it's your freedom to do so.

I do firmly believe there is systemic racism towards minorities, especially blacks, but I don't believe white people as a whole should be pointed to and said "it's your fault!" That's nonsense. The blame belongs on those who made the rules of our society 200 years ago. Not just the founding fathers, but the next few generations after them, when the United States was still a developing country. Then it was almost perpetually continued by those who make the rules and laws on both sides of the political spectrum, at least until the 1950s.

Being told to "educate yourself" is condescending and rude, and whenever I'm in a conversation and that phrase is thrown at me, I usually check out, because it reveals a lot about the other person's frame of mind and point of view. When I get told that it comes off as the other person looking down on me simply because I don't agree with what that person said.

George Floyd was a victim of a tragedy. But he was not innocent and not a hero. He didn't "change the world," like some have said. The cop that killed him sparked these events.

Same with Colin kapernik. I approved of his initial actions, but once he got the big money from both nike and the NFL, he became a fraud to me. I'm sure he gives a lot to charities, and he's still somewhat active in protests, from what I'm told. But I'm certain he sits on a lot of that money and is keeping it himself, which is wrong. He got that money due to the notoriety he received because of horrible events that happened to others. It's blood money. Until he gives it all to the cause he helped bring to the light, I will never respect him. And no matter how much his supporters want to claim this, he did not get blacklisted from playing football. He had opportunities befitting his talent level, and chose not to play.

Lastly, blacks (not all of them, just most of the ones who like playing the victim) need to stop putting all the blame on whites. Blacks cause plenty of damage to their own communities through their own actions and elements of their own culture, especially in entertainment. I know plenty of respectable and hardworking black people, and even they condemn these leftist loudmouths who are mostly looking for a handout under the guise of fighting inequality or pretend to be one of the oppressed, yet they sit in their million dollar mansions sipping champagne.

Yes, there's a serious racial divide in our society that needs to be healed. But just as it took both sides to rip it open, it will take both sides to bring it together.

White privilege exists mostly in largely white communities. I live in a town where 75% of the population is black. Here I'm not treated any better or worse than black people I know or am around in any public setting.

Antifa IS a terrorist group. If I am ever confronted by them, I will respond accordingly.
Re: Black lives matter. 'Til all are one! (2066765)
Posted by Coptur on June 6th, 2020 @ 7:03am CDT
Sounds like this site now advocates.

"peace through tyranny"

BLM is nothing more than a left wing power movement.

EVERYONE MATTERS!!!!

I will remember Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Constructicons Long Haul Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.o.t.f  Fast Action Battlers Devastation blast long haul 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Action Figure LONG HAUL 42" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series Voyager Class - KSI Boss #43 US Seller!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TF Generations TG31 Rhinox" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Constructicons Devastator Lot - Long Haul Scrapper Bonecrusher +" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction Figure Lockdown Deluxe new sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 43 Age of Extinction KSI Boss New In Box Lot Of 10" on EBAY