Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed

Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed

Friday, April 2nd, 2010 11:05am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 42,880

If you don't like Generation Two, then please don't Breakdown! In all actuality, we are getting G2 Breakdown at this year's Botcon, from the Universe Sideswipe/Sunstreaker mold. The Botcon website has been updated with the first Decepticon of this year's convention, and it is this teal and pink racer.

In 1994 -- Generation 2 was in its Prime and the first BotCon was held. Now, sixteen years later the BotCon exclusive that started them all will be back again in a whole new way! Generation 2 Breakdown, based on the tooling from the Universe line and featuring an all-new head sculpt! This great figure will be part of this years five figure "Generation 2: Redux" convention set.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Botcon

This article was last modified on Friday, April 2nd, 2010 11:56am CDT

Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060863)
Posted by Nekoman on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:09am CDT
AWESOME I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!

Much, much better than Pyro, this guy looks GREAT. It's like he jumped right out of the 90's! Guess I know what my first Botcon figure's going to be...

That head sculpt is gorgeous.
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060866)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:11am CDT
Hot damn is that FUGLY!
And I mean it, people keep saying Thunderclash (damn do I like him though) has the ugliest colours from G1.5/2, but wow this thing just takes the biscuit, dips it in gasoline and sets the f**ker on fire.
The alt-mode looks kinda good, but hell does that bot-mode cry for a mercy killing.
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060869)
Posted by Mkall on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:14am CDT
That. Is. AWESOME!!!!
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060870)
Posted by El Duque on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:19am CDT
I'm lovin' this neon freak show! That Uni Sunstreaker mold is gettin' a work out!
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060871)
Posted by dragons on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:19am CDT
like the head but the colors on these exclusives are ulgy are these g2 colors? i never got into g2 i wouldnt know
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060873)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:20am CDT
That is incredible :grin:

I know people are complaining about the colors but if they're going to do a Generation 2 theme then go all the way. I really hope they do a Gen 2 Ramjet.

I really want that Breakdown. Total win.
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060875)
Posted by Amelie on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:22am CDT
El Duque wrote:I'm lovin' this neon freak show!

Definately I agree! :D

Let's hope we get Classics Onslaught as G1\G2 Stalker!
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060877)
Posted by Mkall on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:24am CDT
Compared to the original, I'd say this is pretty cool!
The Original G2 Breakdown
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060878)
Posted by Rated X on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:26am CDT
I like the mold, new head, and the fact that he is a Decepticon.

Only 2 issues...

1. Why is his engine piece pink ???

2. Stop putting their names on the toys !!!
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060881)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:27am CDT
Amelie wrote:
El Duque wrote:I'm lovin' this neon freak show!

Definately I agree! :D

Let's hope we get Classics Onslaught as G1\G2 Stalker!

Personally I would prefer that to be made from Cybertron defence RedAlert, but Onslaught would be good enough. I'd have someone to keep my BotCon Thunderclash company.
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060882)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:28am CDT
Stop putting their names on the toys !!!

In G2 a lot of them had their names on the alt mode. It was so silly.

Oh man. I'm just starting to think about some of the gaudy nightmare versions of existing characters G2 gave us that the classics molds can be painted as. Silverbolt, Onslaught, Grimlock, Bumblebee.

Hee Hee Hee 8-}[
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060884)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:29am CDT
That is fantastic.

Wow.

I hope they retain that headsculpt for some serious Classics style action.
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060887)
Posted by Seibertron on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:33am CDT
Had a feeling Breakdown would make an appearance. Looks awesome. Just wish I had the other 2 versions of Breakdown for comparison pics. One day ...
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060892)
Posted by DavidT on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:43am CDT
I didn't care for the Pyro/Spark figure but this for some reason just looks awesome to me... I actually want this figure... If the rest of the figures impress me, then I guess I'll be dropping some $$$ on this set....

Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060896)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:48am CDT
OOOHHHH EEMMMM GEEEE!!!! Words CANNOT describe how incredibly AWESOMELY this looks to me. I think this is gonna be easily one of my favorite Botcon set. Square head! Check! Gawdy colors! Check! Big ass G2 logo on hood! Check! Blood stains on roof and name on door! Double Check. Squeeeeee!!!!
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060898)
Posted by Rated X on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:49am CDT

YUCK !!!!!!!!
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060900)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:53am CDT
Haw! Oh man that's ugly as sin! I have to get my hands on one some how. It would be awesome if these G2 repaints some how found their way into retail, I woulg totally grab them all!

Like, totally.
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060903)
Posted by Windsweeper on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:58am CDT
Be nice to see it in G1 colours at some stage.

Wonder if Dragstrip will be available.

A G2 Ramjet renamed as Slipstream would be fantastic. It would increase the Seeker count and homage the similarly coloured Animated female.
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060904)
Posted by rpetras on April 2nd, 2010 @ 11:58am CDT
I think I'm going to be saving some money on this set.

G2 is the reason I got OUT of TF collecting way back when. :P
Re: Botcon 2010 - First Decepticon Revealed (1060905)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 2nd, 2010 @ 12:01pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I like the mold, new head, and the fact that he is a Decepticon.

Only 2 issues...

1. Why is his engine piece pink ???

2. Stop putting their names on the toys !!!

The pink should be purple.

G2 they put their names on some of the toys, it would not be an accurate G2 homage if they did not.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series SS-22 Dropkick Bumblebee Movie Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Mini-cons Night Rescue Divebomb Strongarm Firebot" on EBAY
Buy "transformers prime beast hunters blight blot" on EBAY
Buy "New Sealed Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Cogman 2016" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Studio Series Buzzworthy Bumblebee lot of 2 #26 #40 Shatter WW2 ????" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Studio Series Buzzworthy Bumblebee lot of 2 #15 #26 BB + WW2 BB ????!" on EBAY
Buy "Mirage - Transformers Series 2 The Loyal Subjects Vinyl Blind Box Figure 1/16" on EBAY
Buy "Target Exclusive Transformers Beast Hunters Cindersaur / Smokescreen" on EBAY