#Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics!

#Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics!

Wednesday, April 13th, 2016 10:52pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Hellscream9999   Views: 40,079

Fellow Seibertronians, following our previous coverage of the Botcon display, we now bring you an update to the Computron and Technobot display from Saturday. The gallery, which can be viewed Here, features Scattershot and the rest of the Technobot gang, along with Scrounge, a remold of Legends class Cosmos, and his Targetmaster. So check out the updated gallery, and let us know what you think of the Technobots in the comments below.

Transformers News: #Botcon2016 Computron Display Gallery

Transformers News: #Botcon2016 Computron Display Gallery

This article was last modified on Wednesday, April 13th, 2016 11:36pm CDT

Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1780933)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 13th, 2016 @ 11:06pm CDT
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1780937)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 13th, 2016 @ 11:14pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I figured it out!!!!! Scrounge keeps the target master because the targetmaster is his special arm!!!!!!!! THERE IS NO OTHER ONE LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :MAXIMAL:

Except it's the wrong arm...
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1780938)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 13th, 2016 @ 11:15pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Except it's the wrong arm...
At the Hasbro display, I asked John Warden about the little Payload redeco that comes with Scrounge, asking if it's supposed to be his Special Arm or if it's a new character. He chuckled at the idea of it being Scrounge's arm, saying that one could think of it as such, but then stated that it isn't a new character and is basically still just Payload.
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1780942)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 13th, 2016 @ 11:21pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Except it's the wrong arm...

I'm still saying it is his special arm.... :MAXIMAL:
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1780943)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 13th, 2016 @ 11:25pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Except it's the wrong arm...

I'm still saying it is his special arm.... :MAXIMAL:
One could reconcile both together into saying that Payload transforms into the Special Arm. ;)
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1780944)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 13th, 2016 @ 11:30pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Except it's the wrong arm...

I'm still saying it is his special arm.... :MAXIMAL:

Special arm. The Primal has spoken. :MAXIMAL:
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1780945)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 13th, 2016 @ 11:45pm CDT
Since Payload transforms into a blaster weapon, doesn't that make him Scrounge's "special arms" instead? :-?
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1780946)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 13th, 2016 @ 11:47pm CDT
The real life reason is probably that the Micromaster is gangmolded with Cosmos, and Hasbro isn't too keen on "throwing away perfectly usable parts" but where's the fun in accepting that? :lol:

A similar case can be made for Lightsteed/Lightstorm/Lightspeed, except it's from Autobot to Autobot, not switching factions:

... or maybe it's because I remember playing with a friend's G1 Nosecone at his house. :oops:
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1780949)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 14th, 2016 @ 12:09am CDT
oi Hasbro let me buy Scrounge seperate from Computron! grr...
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1780950)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on April 14th, 2016 @ 12:12am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:oi Hasbro let me buy Scrounge separate from Computron! grr...

THIS

I also wouldn't mind if they released the hands and feet in various colors... :-s
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1780955)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 14th, 2016 @ 1:17am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:For some reason I'm drawn more and more to Hasbro's Nosecone. Probably because I consider him to be a "stand-in" member of some sort, along the likes of Alpha Bravo and Hasbro's Blast Off, being a straight redeco (with a switched out part). Look at him and tell me you don't agree:

These two are perhaps the easiest ones to accept as "second stringers" for the Technobots team. They are completely different molds with completely different looks compared to their Takara counterparts. Strafe has different molds too, but in his case, it reads more like two similar yet different attempts at the same outcome, while with Nosecone and Lightspeed, it feels more like two completely different takes on a similar concept. Does that make sense? Anyway, I like to think of Hasbro's Nosecone as "Screwdrive" and Lightspeed as "Warpspeed." Yes, I'm going to pimp those names every chance I get! :lol:
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1780976)
Posted by Kurona on April 14th, 2016 @ 5:25am CDT

I just noticed this in the Fort Max display. It has me in tears :lol:
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1780994)
Posted by X3ROhour on April 14th, 2016 @ 7:29am CDT
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:Did anyone bother to buy Armada Megatron or is it just a shelfwarmer?

:MAXIMAL:

I did.
don't know why
I like it
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1780997)
Posted by X3ROhour on April 14th, 2016 @ 7:43am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Gearslide wrote:Just in case anyone wanted some nice comparison of the fresh Hasbro and Takara stock photos:

1st... will-j88 & gearslide... thank you so frakkin much. smart, real smart.

2nd... aside from Afterburner's colors...
TAK IS THE OBVIOUS CHOICE!

I preordered mine already, but feel the need to share.

;)^
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1781003)
Posted by Insurgent on April 14th, 2016 @ 8:04am CDT
I look at Hasbro's one and I just don't see Technobots, except in their combined mode. Sure, they look nice, but they don't say Technobots to me.
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1781009)
Posted by william-james88 on April 14th, 2016 @ 8:29am CDT
Z3ROhour wrote:

:MAXIMAL:

I did.
don't know why
I like it

I dont see what's not to like. It's a green tank, just like what Armada is supposed to be, and with working treads. It has minicon ports which make more sense to be on this version than the G1 deco. And you can position the back kibble to look just like the shoulder towers. He is an amazing homage to Armada Megs and I cant understand why nobody cares about him. This feels to me more that G1 simply sells more, thats all. Because objectively, this mold is a more loyal interpratation to Armada Megs than it is to G1 Megs.
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1781020)
Posted by Kurona on April 14th, 2016 @ 8:53am CDT
For me there's kind of a few things that prevents me from really liking CW Armada Megs. I mean first the deco isn't quite as good as the Takara version but aside from that, it just doesn't exactly say Armada Megatron to me... just the way it transforms and the placement of all the tank parts - most especially the tank cannon - just says to me 'G1 Megatron cosplaying'. And then there's the fact that while with the Leader G1 Decepticons they can sort of go well together and sort of work as MP replacements, Armada Megatron does not scale at all with Generations Armada Starscream - it ends up looking extremely comical.
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1781023)
Posted by Genericon #378 on April 14th, 2016 @ 8:57am CDT
I find it interesting that the stock photos of Afterburner show him with Groove's head, but the actual toy in the display has Takara's Afterburner head. Also, is this coming to U.S and, possibly, Canadian retail?
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1781027)
Posted by 1984forever on April 14th, 2016 @ 9:01am CDT
Re: #Botcon2016 Combiner Wars Computron Gallery -- updated with robot mode pics! (1781034)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 14th, 2016 @ 9:11am CDT
1984forever wrote:Is Scrounge being released seperately this fall? Or will I be buying him off ebay for $50 or more?
Scrounge only comes with Computron.

Hasbro only did him cuz their Computron needed a Legends figure like most of their other CW combiners.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY