Derrick Wyatt Interviewed

Derrick Wyatt Interviewed

Saturday, April 4th, 2009 6:25pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, People News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 21,144

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Unicron.com- With the new Season of Animated rolling right along, Derrick Wyatt is quite a popular person to try to pry information from lately.

Unicron.com, the makers of the TF Animated accessories pack, interview the lead designer for the popular show.

Derrick shares his thoughts on many things, and drops a few bombs that may disappoint some, and encourage others.

"Unicron.com: Speaking of THE KEY, so now that Sari is a teen aged upgrade, have we seen the last of the key?
derrickjwyatt: Yeah, that's it for the Key. It finally did what it was created to do.
Unicron.com: Aaaaaahhhhhhh....... cool!
Unicron.com: Rodimus/Stryka and their crews, have we seen the last of them in Season 3?
derrickjwyatt: They may get some small cameo screen time, but that was their big moment for this season."


"derrickjwyatt: Yeah, wait until you see the Elite Guard headquarters!
Unicron.com: Metroplex City, on Cybertron! Well, it's about time!
Elite Guard Headquarters you say?
derrickjwyatt: Yep. It's a total Fortress."


You can read the full interview here.

Credit(s): Derrick Wyatt, Unicron.com


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (906658)
Posted by Baha08 on April 4th, 2009 @ 6:54pm CDT
Way to make characters that will have little or no personality or much back story.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (906662)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on April 4th, 2009 @ 7:12pm CDT
A fortress he says.....I'd better see my favorite Headmaster in the near future. Of course, not as a Headmaster.....
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (906669)
Posted by Slayershoop on April 4th, 2009 @ 7:30pm CDT
SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY?!? Oh come on now, you introduce some of the coolest characters of the show and give them about five minutes if that of screen time and THAT'S IT?!? Some of the cooler characters we have seen yet, and that's it? WHAT ARE THEY THINKING? Well at least there's a possibility of Fort Max...
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (906680)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on April 4th, 2009 @ 8:33pm CDT
Baha08 wrote:Way to make characters that will have little or no personality or much back story.


They all got profiles in the Collector's Club newsletter, and some of them appear in "The Rise of Safeguard." I'd hardly claim they have "little or no personality or much back story."
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (906682)
Posted by ChrisR291 on April 4th, 2009 @ 8:37pm CDT
what does he mean by this season.....

I don't want TFA to end!!! :shock:

maybe that is a sign.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (906689)
Posted by Baha08 on April 4th, 2009 @ 8:57pm CDT
They all got profiles in the Collector's Club newsletter, and some of them appear in "The Rise of Safeguard." I'd hardly claim they have "little or no personality or much back story."


It does when/if people don't get that newsletter or buys the comic(s) and not to mention it's really terrible idea to do such a thing to characters in a series that's been here for a while.

Not to mention in this day it's really kind of half-assed to do it that way in the sense that you have more cameo characters then you have active characters.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (906692)
Posted by Marcdachamp on April 4th, 2009 @ 9:02pm CDT
ChrisR291 wrote:what does he mean by this season.....

I don't want TFA to end!!! :shock:

maybe that is a sign.

I think the internet is blowing the whole thing out of proportion. He says ratings are strong. Cartoon Network is probably just waiting to make sure those ratings keep up before signing for another season.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (906719)
Posted by Tristar on April 4th, 2009 @ 11:07pm CDT
for some odd reason I'm thinking the Spittor and maybe Cyclonus arrive on earth Spittor (Big purple robot that looks like a frog) gets a transorganic upgrade in Predacons Rising...Atleast thats what I think will happen.

Something also tells me Team Charr or is it Chaar is gonna make appearence on earth looking to smash some bots under shockwave's orders. and does anyone else think that the theft of the magnus hammer is important?

Hmmm...Fort Max....there is a slim chance that a headmaster unit is gonna go rogue on On the Headmaster....(And I'm not talking about Dirtboss!)

If we're lucky after Human error Pt 2 CN is gonna renew TFA. Possibly place it on the back burner till after ROTF till it leaves theaters then begin production of Season 4....

then again all of this is speculation on my part. I can dream can't I?
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (906720)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 4th, 2009 @ 11:08pm CDT
Season 3 is the last season. Period.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (906739)
Posted by Marcdachamp on April 5th, 2009 @ 12:47am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Season 3 is the last season. Period.

What makes you say that?
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (906746)
Posted by First-Aid on April 5th, 2009 @ 1:41am CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Season 3 is the last season. Period.

What makes you say that?

Because he doesn't like it.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (906748)
Posted by Marcdachamp on April 5th, 2009 @ 1:45am CDT
First-Aid wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Season 3 is the last season. Period.

What makes you say that?

Because he doesn't like it.

How can ANYONE dislike Animated? It's the best TF series since Beast Wars.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (906774)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 5th, 2009 @ 5:56am CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Season 3 is the last season. Period.

What makes you say that?

Because he doesn't like it.

How can ANYONE dislike Animated? It's the best TF series since Beast Wars.


People dislike Beast Wars too. It's not always about what it seems should make sense. There will always be people who don't like certain aesthetics or characters, or whatever. And that's just fine.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (906932)
Posted by Windsweeper on April 5th, 2009 @ 4:25pm CDT
How can anyone dislike Animated?

The awful human villains like Headmaster and Professor Princess.

The Constructicons with the ridiculous facial 'hair'.

Personally, I also dislike Lockdown because I don't like TF's without the traditional 'helmet' look like Armada Scavenger who Lockdown reminds me of. Silly maybe, but that's just me.

Don't get me wrong I love the series overall, but those are the things that stop it from knocking Beast Wars off the top spot, at least for me.

Also not happy about Rodimus, Strika and their respective teams not getting more airtime. In 5 minutes, Rodimus became one of the coolest Transformers in the history of the franchise. Bad enough they slagged Blurr too.
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (907027)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 5th, 2009 @ 9:25pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Season 3 is the last season. Period.

What makes you say that?

Because he doesn't like it.

How can ANYONE dislike Animated? It's the best TF series since Beast Wars.


People dislike Beast Wars too. It's not always about what it seems should make sense. There will always be people who don't like certain aesthetics or characters, or whatever. And that's just fine.

I LOVE ANIMATED!!!

AND BEAST WARS!!!

Don't say that I don't like either. These are my two favorite TF series.

I'm saying that season 3 is the final season because it is! It was confirmed to be so. And I'm tired of people thinking that there's going to be a fourth season, when there's not.

Whenever people mention that they want a fourth season of Animated or that they think there's going to be a fourth season, their wishes just keep reminding me that there isn't going to be a fourth season and makes me feel sadder.

As for Beast Wars, loved the aesthetics, loved the charatcers, LOVED the "whatever"! Beast Wars is the BEST TF series ever! And Animated takes the crown at second place! Followed by Chojin Masterforce!
Re: Derrick Wyatt Interviewed (907080)
Posted by Baha08 on April 6th, 2009 @ 12:48am CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:
First-Aid wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Season 3 is the last season. Period.

What makes you say that?

Because he doesn't like it.

How can ANYONE dislike Animated? It's the best TF series since Beast Wars.


If anything Beast Wars would be on the top, G1 2nd, Animated 3rd.

Since if you think about it, BW was the best because it introduced new ideas and even gave them more character (for the most) since it wasn't just worrying about like 10 for both sides, all the BW characters had that.

G1 stays close to the top due to nostalgia factors but was terrible in terms of storyline, on par with Power Rangers.

Animated is third only cause the other series we had we bad anime and Beast Machines (which would be fourth at best) since Animated took a good concept and then proceed to take a dump on it. If anything it's a mix of Transformers, Teen Titans, Batman, and cameos.

I say this because break down things ruin the series, it's not hard to do it for anything but on this it hurts animated. So far most the Autobots have back stories, I think only Wasp, Blackaracnia, Shockwave, Lockdown, and the Constructicons and SC clones have much of a back story, the others have characteristics, but no story (unless you try comics and stuff which is cheating in my book)

It takes cameos way too much since there are some characters that only make short appearances but do it far too often, or there are character to apply to fans (as of now anyways) that may or may not get more time. That goes for Rodimus's and Strika's team as that seem unnecessary to create characters that if this is the last season or not, only has five minute on screen and no story other then being enemies.

Then the Teen Titan part comes in with the humor. I;m glad it's only that and not the Japanese humor though so it gets points for being made by the makers of Teen Titans, but not falling for the half that made that series awesomely bad.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers RBT Optimus Prime Race Track Trailer Playset" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 ALPHA TRION Super 7 ReAction Action Figure Vintage MOC - NEW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cenurion Drone WFC-E33 NIOB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - #46 Duke & #45 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Mighty Muggs Megatron + Destro Loose Transformers GI Joe" on EBAY