First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon

Saturday, October 14th, 2017 4:01PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: D-Maximus_Prime   Views: 31,110

Comicbook.com has given us a new update on the upcoming Transformers: Cyberverse cartoon, in the form of a new interview and a first image! The interview states that the new series will once again focus on Bumblebee, but this time Windblade will be his main compatriot for the series. The series will deal with Bumblebee recovering lost memories of his past. You can read some snippets from the interview below, and view the first look image!

Cyberverse will star Bumblebee and his best friend Windblade, but the storyline will feature other popular Transformers as well. As you can see in the first image from the show, the art style and overall design is much more of a Generation 1 throwback than its predecessor Robots in Disguise, but this show carries over the Bumblebee focus.

.....

Of course, it wouldn't be a Transformers show without Decepticons, and they will be returning in force for Transformers: Cyberverse.

"As each memory is repaired, another clue comes to light that will lead them both to complete their shared mission to save their friends and Earth… however, the Decepticons are hot on their heels and time is running out.

Transformers News: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon
Credit(s): comicbook.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916510)
Posted by Kurona on October 14th, 2017 @ 4:17pm CDT
Woo, more Windblade!

... bleh, more focus on Bumblebee. In retrospect it should have been obvious; even if Cyberverse's focus eventually moves away from him, it was probably gonna happen initially in 2018. Something to do with him getting a live-action movie by Wollyhood or something like that; not sure if you guys have heard :lol:
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916513)
Posted by TulioDude on October 14th, 2017 @ 4:34pm CDT
[quote]Bumblebee's BEST FRIEND Windblade[/quote]
I wonder how that will play out.Is this still in the same Aligned continuity?The designs look like simplified IDW versions.

I'm interested.Waiting for the trailer!
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916516)
Posted by Quantum Surge on October 14th, 2017 @ 4:44pm CDT
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916519)
Posted by Deadput on October 14th, 2017 @ 4:47pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:[quote]Bumblebee's BEST FRIEND Windblade

I'm interested.Waiting for the trailer![/quote]

The Aligned continuity failed and crashed hard and based on the description it's a new universe.

It's not going to be IDW either since Cyberverse seems to be a simplified fresh start which also means don't expect anything outstanding compared to the past it will be the standard kids show and nothing deep or remotely interesting.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916520)
Posted by Deadput on October 14th, 2017 @ 4:49pm CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:Artstyle has a nice mix between Animated, RID15, Rescue Bots, and even IDW (when it goes cutesy, that is). Still want to see how the show turns out, and hopefully we can get more references beyond G1 or anything more recent (bring in RID Scourge and less organic Dinobot!)

Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916522)
Posted by TulioDude on October 14th, 2017 @ 4:58pm CDT
Deadput wrote:

One day Armada will get the love it deservers :x
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916526)
Posted by Prowl4 on October 14th, 2017 @ 5:05pm CDT
Windblade being forced into more media. Awful.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916528)
Posted by Delicon on October 14th, 2017 @ 5:07pm CDT
This doesn't look like a G1 throwback artistically at all, at least not original G1 style.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916532)
Posted by D R E W on October 14th, 2017 @ 5:24pm CDT
Absolutely not. Just, fuck no. I was initially excited for this, but now I see I misplaced my hope. Looks like cancer and the story is AIDS. You have failed me, Hasbro, you have failed me.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916534)
Posted by Microraptor on October 14th, 2017 @ 5:33pm CDT
I'm down. Love me some Bumblebee.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916535)
Posted by Graviton on October 14th, 2017 @ 5:41pm CDT
Ruined Forever! Just kidding, not a fan of the art style, but I am keeping an open mind. Although Windblade seems to becoming a Mary Sue.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916537)
Posted by dragons on October 14th, 2017 @ 5:42pm CDT
It have that rid animated art style
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916538)
Posted by Graviton on October 14th, 2017 @ 5:44pm CDT
D R E W wrote:Absolutely not. Just, **** no. I was initially excited for this, but now I see I misplaced my hope. Looks like cancer and the story is AIDS. You have failed me, Hasbro, you have failed me.
Don't judge it yet, it may be like how animated turned out.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916539)
Posted by Burn on October 14th, 2017 @ 5:47pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Knee-jerk "kiddie" complaints in 4... 3... 2... >:oP

In an ideal world I would hope that they would one day realize that Transformers is a children's franchise with said children being their number 1 priority always and that the brand has moved on past them in these last 30 something years.

But this is reality their just going to be ignorant and complain like something will happen if they do.

Ignorant? IGNORANT? No, not this time. You don't get to sit there and call others ignorant like you're some fucking elitist above everyone else.

This premise sounds like CRAP. And yes, it sounds "kiddie". Anyone want to denigrate me for that? FUCKING GO FOR IT!

Because here's the thing, Deadput, and anyone else who wants to have a go, previous series in the past have shown that they can make TF cartoons that appeal to both children AND adults.

You know who is ignorant? Hasbro. Hasbro for developing cartoons that they dumb down because they think kids can't handle stories that are a little more "grown up".

Actually, it's not ignorant, IT'S INSULTING!

Rescue Bots ... here was a show primarily aimed at young kids, but adults could still enjoy it.

On the flip side, Robots in Disguise was aimed at younger kids, and it started off great, but has progressively gotten dumber to the point that it's insulting to its intended audience.

But hey, you want to sit up there on your high horse branding people ignorant because someone dislikes this premise? Go right ahead, its what I've come to expect from you.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916540)
Posted by Graviton on October 14th, 2017 @ 5:50pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Deadput wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Knee-jerk "kiddie" complaints in 4... 3... 2... >:oP

Ignorant? IGNORANT? No, not this time. You don't get to sit there and call others ignorant like you're some **** elitist above everyone else.

This premise sounds like CRAP. And yes, it sounds "kiddie". Anyone want to denigrate me for that? **** GO FOR IT!

Actually, it's not ignorant, IT'S INSULTING!

Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916541)
Posted by Deadput on October 14th, 2017 @ 5:53pm CDT

I understand not liking an art style but the show has not even come out yet you can't say the story is crap when you don't know what it is...that is incredibly stupid.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916543)
Posted by Burn on October 14th, 2017 @ 5:57pm CDT
Graviton wrote:Just remember this is a first look, it may surprise us, or it may contend with Energon. Also it may just be a filler show until something in 2020, much like RiD (2000) was.

I'm well aware of this.

Hopefully Captain High and Mighty is aware of this as well.

Like always, I will be giving it a chance, but from this premise, an amnesiac over-used character running around with a character rammed down our throats running around have crazy whack-a-doodle adventures doesn't sound promising.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916545)
Posted by Deadput on October 14th, 2017 @ 6:15pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Deadput wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Knee-jerk "kiddie" complaints in 4... 3... 2... >:oP

Actually, it's not ignorant, IT'S INSULTING!

(You posted a rant first so this is going to happen)

HA HA HA you really expect that this Awesome, perfectly flawless, expertly written Transformers show that everyone in the planet will love can even exist? If it was going to happen it would of already happened by now it's been over 30 years.

Hasbro is a company that only wants money like every other human being on the planet they don't care and they never will it's 2017 in the real world! Generation toys and comics only exist so they can milk us of our money while exploiting inflation and making the figures worse in quality then several years ago.

I wasn't trying to act all "high and mighty" but you know what I do think the majority of the fan base in general who are older then I am at 25-40 years old and worship this childish franchise like it's meant to be something greater and constantly whine and fret over not getting what they want.

Even if Hasbro is ignorant in some parts it doesn't change on how ungrateful and ignorant people like you are which is fine I guess nobody is perfect which is why crap like this happens all the time.

Burn wrote:

I'm well aware of this.

Hopefully Captain High and Mighty is aware of this as well.

Oh shut up it's a cartoon you could just ignore it and move on but no more complaining.

It's called marketing their going to use mascot characters like they always do get use to it.

How childish and disgusting why should I even respect this fandom when it just gives me headaches... I tried being nice Burn in the past but this kinda stuff is enough, being insulted just because I used the word ignorant to describe the rabid casual fans?
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916546)
Posted by SureShot18 on October 14th, 2017 @ 6:18pm CDT
When I saw the news article I thought "A perfect combination for dislike and hate if I've every seen one". It appears I was correct.

I for one haven't seen The Last Knight or any of RiD and I don't plan on watching Machinima's TR show. I can't see that pattern stopping with this cartoon either.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Cartoon (1916548)
Posted by Zeedust on October 14th, 2017 @ 6:33pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Forget about it the current team at Hasbro is only G1 fan boys and are not interested in any other series besides adapting Beast Wars to G1 style as the POTP Optimus Primal would like to remind you.

That only happened because Primal won a poll where that was part of the deal. I'm pretty sure they didn't actually want to do that one either, they just got stuck with it because Primal wound up on the ballot for whatever reason. and people voted for him.

And it's pretty clear they don't care about sticking to the original this time. After all these G1 toys that look like near-replicas of the original, we get Primal, who has to combine with a separate piece of hardware just to get his beast mode back, and otherwise his alt mode amounts to little more than being flattened.

TulioDude wrote:One day Armada will get the love it deservers :x

Armada at least got a Starscream a few years back. If they ever give Cybertron (the series/toyline, not the planet) its due, I'm pretty sure it'll be a sign of the apocalypse.

Graviton wrote:Although Windblade seems to becoming a Mary Sue.

Graviton wrote:Mary Sue.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Dual Model Kit DMK 03 AOE Optimus Prime Original New - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 23 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Cybertron LANDMINE Misb Hasbro Deluxe Figure w Dirt Boss tiny tin - Time Remaining: 6 days 13 hours 26 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Cybertron DIRT BOSS Misb Hasbro Deluxe Figure w Downshift tiny tin - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 32 minutes 53 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TITAN CLASS METROPLEX SCAMPER HASBRO FIGURE ES AQ4017 - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 51 minutes 3 seconds
Last Unit! Transformers Uniquetoys Odin Fenrir Sinnertwin MISB - Time Remaining: 7 days 13 hours 52 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers G2 SURESHOT European Optimus Prime Autobot Robot Figure 1993 Rare - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 53 minutes 1 second
Transformers G2 ARCHFORCE European Megatron Decepticon Action Figure 1993 Rare - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 2 minutes 27 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON MEGATRON HASBRO ROBOT CAR ACTION FIGURES KIDS TOY - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 8 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent