Thursday, April 30th, 2020 7:42am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 47,937

Transformers News: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount

Credit(s): Gamestop

This article was last modified on Thursday, April 30th, 2020 7:45am CDT

Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2062875)
Posted by carytheone on April 30th, 2020 @ 9:03am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:For those of you who are interested, Seibertronian WonkoTheSane has given us a heads up on a great deal at Gamestop's website. Their listing for the G1 Optimus Prime model kit is available to preorder for only $16.99, which is a savings of nearly 60% off the usual $40 MSRP of these figures. For those of you unfamiliar with Flame Toys figures, they're officially licensed model kits that you assemble yourself. They're highly poseable, and in general, tend to be more stylized than you'll find with regular transforming toys. Click the link above, or any of the pictures below to be taken to the preorder page.
A week ago it was also 20% off as well. :lol:
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2062948)
Posted by -WonkoTheSane- on April 30th, 2020 @ 4:15pm CDT
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2063044)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on May 1st, 2020 @ 10:35am CDT
WonkoTheSane42 wrote:It's now claiming it's no longer available online. Maybe Gamestop finally caught it, Or something. I dunno.

Perhaps it sold out, but you're probably right they caught it. I wonder if we'll see a wave of cancellations.
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2063045)
Posted by carytheone on May 1st, 2020 @ 10:57am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:
I do a decent amount of shopping and purchasing from GS and that's their normal out of stock status. The price hasn't changed, but who knows with the shit show that is gamestop :-?

If my order gets cancelled, I'll report here.

EDIT: Still seems on, but they price is now showing the "standard retail" and I ordered it at 20% off. I ordered it with something else and my total hasn't changed... yet.

Dat order status.jpg

Gamestop is a garbage company and I fully expect them to screw me or go out of business before this order is fulfilled.
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2066998)
Posted by emlit on June 6th, 2020 @ 9:30pm CDT

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... m_content=
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2067008)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 6th, 2020 @ 10:41pm CDT
emlit wrote:BBTS has a killer discount going for a pre-order of Generation Toy GT-99 ReBuilder. $360.00 off $629.99 MSRP plus a bonus drill set. Here’s the link:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... m_content=
This site doesn't advertise unofficial third party products in its official product sections.
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2071779)
Posted by o.supreme on July 14th, 2020 @ 12:50am CDT
Just found Earthrise Leader Doubledealer on Amazon for $42.49 USD. (15% off) Prime Day deal pre-order:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZQ ... UTF8&psc=1

Studio Series Blitzwing $26.86

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Stu ... BB5DBXHKGZ

Also last years Siege Autobot Alphastrike set spiked on the secondary market is seemingly back at normal retail price for the moment:

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Gen ... 444KPW7X2Z
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2072196)
Posted by o.supreme on July 16th, 2020 @ 6:23pm CDT
The Amazon Prime 15% off on Doubledealer is back (last time it was gone in a few hours) $42.99

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Toy ... 657&sr=8-2

this time it has a slightly longer expected shipping date, but it's still a great deal if this is an item you are interested in.
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2073755)
Posted by Slashercon on July 26th, 2020 @ 2:57pm CDT
Target here in the US has a sale for teh Transformers generations deluxe figures at $16.99 versus the standard $19.99 right now. Not much of a selection on thier website, (although it's the cheapest place I've seen Sunstreaker so I nabbed another of him.) but maybe there may be some other figure assortments at a nearby store. The sale extends to Studio Series deluxes as well.
sale.png

Screenshot_2020-07-26 Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Deluxe WFC-E36 Sunstreaker.png

Also, I coincidentally noticed a similar price reduction on Amazon for many of the exact same figures.

Screenshot_2020-07-26 Amazon com Transformers Toys Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Wfc-E7 Cliffjumper Action[...].png
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2073802)
Posted by Emerje on July 27th, 2020 @ 12:10am CDT
If you've been holding off on picking up the latest Deluxe offerings from Earthrise, Studio Series or even Siege hoping to find a good price then Target may have the deal you've been waiting for! All week Target will be selling any Generations Deluxes figures for $16.99 in stores and online (though online stock is a bit limited, but it can be used on pre-orders). Unfortunately, this deal does not work with Cyberverse Deluxe.

Not enough savings? Then head over to Circle in the Target app where you'll find two great offers. One is for $10 off an in-store purchase total of $50 or more and the other is for $10 off a pickup or drive up purchase total of $40 or more. I can confirm this sale will stack with the $50 Circle savings.

Additionally, thanks to Seibertronian Slashercon for pointing out that Amazon is matching this sale on some figures as we've seen them do on occasion in the past.

Ironworks
Cliffjumper
Hoist
Wheeljack (currently out of stock)

Were you able to take advantage of these sales or no of any other great deals out there? Let us know in the Energon Pub Forums!
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2073808)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on July 27th, 2020 @ 1:42am CDT
Still don't want to pay $17 for that guy. If I ever see him for $10 I'll bite.
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2073809)
Posted by Emerje on July 27th, 2020 @ 1:48am CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:Man, for the most part I like the look of Cliffjumper, just wish they would've made the front of the car shorter so he didn't look so much like a hobbit in bot mode.
Still don't want to pay $17 for that guy. If I ever see him for $10 I'll bite.

Are there other Deluxe class Generations figures you want because between the sale and the extra $10 off you can practically get Cliffjumper for free with two other Deluxes. I picked up Ironworks, Hoist, and Cliffjumper for $41 and some change total using these deals.

Emerje
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2073810)
Posted by Killerewok on July 27th, 2020 @ 2:04am CDT
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2073811)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on July 27th, 2020 @ 2:22am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Still don't want to pay $17 for that guy. If I ever see him for $10 I'll bite.

Emerje

Yeah, thanks for that heads-up... I didn't really think about that with the additional deal.
The problem is that I'd consider getting the Allicon, Smokescreen, Prowl, and Ironhide, and none of that's possible... Which is fine; I've preordered the conehead 2 pack, and have Thrust and SS '86 figures to look forward to. I'm hoping to get the Walmart exclusive Soundwave as well.
But again, thanks!
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2073814)
Posted by Emerje on July 27th, 2020 @ 2:38am CDT
Killerewok wrote:Are the circle deals regional? These links don’t go anywhere for me, and they don’t appear in the app. Speaking specifically of the $10 off $40 or $50 deals.

Shouldn't be. Try logging into Target.com and then going to Circle, it shows up at the top of the page for me.

Emerje
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2073818)
Posted by Killerewok on July 27th, 2020 @ 4:04am CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

They might be regional or targeted, they are no where to be found for me. NJ, USA fwiw. Not on the app, desktop or mobile site.
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2073819)
Posted by bovinefromspace on July 27th, 2020 @ 5:41am CDT
Killerewok wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

I'm in NJ as well. I used the $10 off $50 in-store coupon last week but never got the $10 off $40 coupon.
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2073822)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 27th, 2020 @ 8:23am CDT
I'm in the Chicago area and the $10 off $40 deal works for me.
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2073825)
Posted by Dinobot4ever on July 27th, 2020 @ 9:03am CDT
I’m located in SC and only got the $10 off of $40+ pick up/drive up Circle offer. Love to use it but my two Targets have next to nothing for Transformers available to order (which I find hard to believe). Don’t have the $10 off of $50+ in store offer.

Looks like I’m out of luck ...
Re: Flame Toys G1 Optimus Prime Available to Preorder at Gamestop At Significant Discount (2073826)
Posted by william-james88 on July 27th, 2020 @ 9:16am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Still don't want to pay $17 for that guy. If I ever see him for $10 I'll bite.

Emerje

Also, unless I am mistaken, Target deals with assortment numbers rather than UPCs for their returns. Meaning you can stock up on deluxes at this price, to later exchange with for the new deluxes that come up later in the year. It's like pre buying this year's output.
Obviously, the only issue here is you are betting on target to get the rest of the deluxes you want.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Dark of the moon studio series barricade topspin road buster loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters SHOCKWAVE Predacon Rising Target Excl. Hasbro 2" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: Transformers VS. G.I. Joe - (GS Exclusive) Cobra Commander & Optimus" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS EARTHRISE EX-22 DELUXE CENTURION DRONE WEAPONIZER SET" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GALACTIC ODYSSEY PARADRON MEDICS SET RATCHET & LIFELINE EARTHRISE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "NOS Transformers GRIMWING Beast Hunters Prime Voyager New NIB" on EBAY