Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16

Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 3:46AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 13,053

And finally, in actually new comics actually out this week from IDW Publishing, the ongoing series of Transformers: Lost Light brings us back to the main cast in the story after the Scavengers two-parter, as we find out what Rodimus and the crew have been up to in issue #16!

Read the full preview below, and expect a Seibertron.com review to appear after the book's release this Wednesday - but you can join the conversation in the Energon Pub right now, and speculate away as to what is happening and what may actually be happening - other than sudden death of characters.

Transformers: Lost Light #16—Cover A: Jack Lawrence
James Roberts (w) • Jack Lawrence (a & c)
ALL GOOD THINGS…! Rodimus and the Crusadercons have reached their final destination. The trouble is, it’s not Cyberutopia. In fact, it’s not ANYWHERE. But they’d better get used to it, because they’re going to be there until the end of Time...
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet Points:
B&W variant cover by Alex Milne!

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16
Credit(s): IDW
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1945856)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 13th, 2018 @ 5:25am CDT
The well of all sparks? I hope they bring ten back, and maybe improve his body for him. Now is the reason his spark was taken because he was happy? Let the speculation begin!

Also zerohour, he wasn't just arguing, especially if you look over the last few pages.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1945861)
Posted by Randomhero on March 13th, 2018 @ 6:53am CDT
Okay....umm...this isn’t really happening. Ten doesn’t have a spark.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1945867)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 13th, 2018 @ 7:29am CDT
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1945870)
Posted by Randomhero on March 13th, 2018 @ 7:47am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Unless Roberts is saying that he's gained one...or does roddy believe he had one? Or you could argue that whoever did this believed he had one just because he was a similar being...

He’s not though. He couldn’t pass the ambus test and he didn’t get one along the way. Hell hes made from corpses. Technically he doesn’t even have a spark chamber because he’s a drone. He wasn’t built to have a spark.

This shows they are not in an afterlife. Skip being their ship is also something since he was shown in the last issue in a flashback. It’s a bigger picture being laid out. I’m not gonna be surprised if they were all captured and they’re all in some shared coma not unlike what was shown to be done to Thunderclash and the protectobots.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1945877)
Posted by Big Grim on March 13th, 2018 @ 8:25am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Soft Reboot brings to mind AHM. Personally I think that would be the worst case scenario. A full reboot is good. It represents change and that's always a positive, as opposed to the stagnation of the status quo.

Fair enough, I just don't feel it's stagnant. I could get rid of some of the extra nonsense added for the Hasbroverse but ROM Vs Transformers shows how it works, Vs Visionaries shows how it really, really doesn't.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1945881)
Posted by Randomhero on March 13th, 2018 @ 8:50am CDT
Big Grim wrote:

I don’t know about that. I’m reading visionaries and I have no problems with it.

Honestly I personally think it’s the fans fault. Revolutions was set to fail from the start because everyone screamed how much they don’t want it and through out the whole thing it was just fan rage about how much they don’t want it. First strike same thing. Ever since they announced they were bringing other franchises in people didn’t want it and the vocal minority made sure their voice was heard.

Can’t deny the passed 2 years has been people ranting “I don’t want this I don’t want this!l” and when it happened it’s been “I don’t like this! I don’t like this!”
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1945885)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 13th, 2018 @ 9:18am CDT
To be fair, that is the era we live in at the moment: The age of the vocal (minority) complainer. In decades past such people were rightly ignored, now for some mystifying reason they are being catered to and everyone else is being dragged along regardless. The constant whining of petulant adults acting like children is the perpetual din in the background of life in 2018.

But I digress. I tapped out of IDWverse with Death of Optimus Prime. I didn't like it, MTMTE or RiD (as they were back then). I didn't make a big song and dance about it, I just stopped buying the books. So I just await the reboot that is coming. If it includes more than just the Transformers, it won't really concern me as in most TF media, I just gloss over the human characters anyway.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1945887)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 13th, 2018 @ 9:28am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Big Grim wrote:

This is true sadly, though I think this has been growing for a while
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1945895)
Posted by Randomhero on March 13th, 2018 @ 10:11am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Big Grim wrote:

This is true sadly, though I think this has been growing for a while

Comics are dying. This was IDWs attempt to give it a bump and a facelift. I’ll admit I didn’t read everything. I stayed away from Rom Micronaughts and MASK because I just dont by know them. I stayed away from gi G.I. Joe because I didn’t read their universe back in the day so I when they brought it back I didn’t know anything and that intimidated me. I did however read revolutions and I enjoyed it, Rom vs TF which I loved and first strike was awesome to me and Revolutionaries was one of my favorite books last year. I read the entire series in bulk and was super bummed it stopped.

I read comics they’re my media so a lot of what has happened is stuff that happens with other companies. DC and Marvel did reboots once or twice the passed 8 years and they’re working toward another. It’s comics.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1945903)
Posted by YoungPrime on March 13th, 2018 @ 11:23am CDT
Sigh......

Cyclonus was smiling as well. So will he get the spark ripped out of him to?

With all this speculation about things wrapping up or rebooting and the CCO stepping down (Getting fired). I'm kinda lossing interest in the IDW-verse, especailling the OP book and clear indication of them bringing Bumblebee back :BANG_HEAD: and shoehorning those other Hasbro books in it and IDW authors not seemingly having a clue that followers are turned off.

Barber was never my fav but he was a step above Costa (keyword "was") now it's hit or miss with there being so many irratating characters that take up this book's space. With Roberts it feels like the broad vision and world building he once had in the begining has a security gate around it now.

Just sad how this seems to be ending.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1945947)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on March 13th, 2018 @ 2:48pm CDT
Ok so it might just be me, but my first thought on seeing what just happened to Ten was, "Is that the core of the Matrix?" I'm sure that probably doesn't make any sense, considering half is with Prime and the other is drifting on Luna 1, but still.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1945991)
Posted by Galactic Prime on March 13th, 2018 @ 4:28pm CDT
[list=]
Z3ROhour wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:
Burn wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:Not upset at all man. I'm just right.
Fact = fact when it's garbage.

Fixed it for you
Really? Now you're going to pick a fight with an administrator? I can only give you a warning, but hopefully he bans you. You contribute nothing to the discussion and are just trolling.

arguing is wrong now?

God forbid.

No one was picking a fight, except it seems him with me. Apparently you're only allowed to agree with the majority here.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1945999)
Posted by Va'al on March 13th, 2018 @ 4:43pm CDT
I have a couple of thoughts about this issue that I want to see if ScottyP, who's helping by taking on the review, will address. If not, I'll make a longer post about it once the review is up!

But I will say I think it's one of the strongest displays of Lawrence's work. :D
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1946004)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 13th, 2018 @ 5:03pm CDT

Zerohour: nothing wrong with disagreeing but you can disagree amicably by acknowledging your differing opinions (which aren't facts) statements like "I am not a fan of Roberts writing" is fine and dandy.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1946006)
Posted by misfire19d on March 13th, 2018 @ 5:19pm CDT
Galactic Prime wrote:[list=]
Z3ROhour wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:
Burn wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:Not upset at all man. I'm just right.
Fact = fact when it's garbage.

Fixed it for you

arguing is wrong now?

God forbid.

Yeah. A lot of these fan sites are operated like good ol’ boy networks. They ask for comments but get whiny and triggered when they don’t like what you have to say. Here, I’ll show you.

I dont like Roberts’ writing because he espouses (tweets and retweets) an evil and tyrannical ideology that is reflected in his work. I haven’t purchased an IDW in over a year.

Intersectionality is a meaningless concept in Transformers canon. (Is my toaster a boy or a girl?)It’s meant to pander to an almost nonexistent set of consumers. (Hot Topic employees)

Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1946009)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 13th, 2018 @ 5:52pm CDT

I'll admit I want the Drift and Ratchet cover for #18 though. I'm barely hanging on to this series as I mentioned previously. But on a positive note - I was gifted Windblade: The Last City and the used book store had Last Stand of the Wreckers so I have something else to get into.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1946015)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 13th, 2018 @ 6:17pm CDT
misfire19d wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:[list=]
Z3ROhour wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:
Burn wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:Not upset at all man. I'm just right.
Fact = fact when it's garbage.

Fixed it for you

arguing is wrong now?

God forbid.

To be fair it wasn't idw who opened that can of worms as hasbro started it when they introduced arcee back in 86 (wait I'm wrong it started in the search for alpha trion episodes) and continued in almost every series (I think amarda was an exception) and fan favourite furman really brought it home to idw with spotlight Arcee. This is why I'm quite confused when people bring it up as a problem.

Also as an aside female robots have always captured the imagination with the most famous being Maria who of course featured in metropolis and is very iconic. So robots having genders has been with us for a very long time. Now if it is needed or not, that is a different question that depends on how you view the origin story of the transformers but that's for an entirely different thread.

You're welcome to your opinion on Roberts as it's just that, an opinion which is not a fact. You think he's pushing an ideology whereas in my opinion he's just writing a comic but touching up on issuses that he thinks are important. Comics have long since been vehicles for politics and the like, ever since the days where superman beat up Hitler (something he shared with cap America).
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1946017)
Posted by Va'al on March 13th, 2018 @ 6:18pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:From that va'al I guess you didn't like this issue that much or is it more, it's good aside from one or two things.

More the latter yeah. I just want to talk through some of the parts that have me thinking about things. :-?

WreckerJack wrote:This issue just screams "Oh look all your favs are dead/dying" and then with the next two issues "Oh look they are fine again, made you worry haha." [-(

There's some good reading in there! Though a warning, Last City has some unfortunately rushed middle sections, especially with second Windblade arc.

As for the deadbait - I dunno. Maybe. Having read the issue, I am actually none the wiser.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1946026)
Posted by Burn on March 13th, 2018 @ 7:13pm CDT
Galactic Prime wrote:[list=]
Z3ROhour wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:
Burn wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:Not upset at all man. I'm just right.
Fact = fact when it's garbage.

Fixed it for you

arguing is wrong now?

God forbid.

How is telling you that your opinion does NOT equal fact picking a fight? Reading into too much there mate.

You're more than welcome to disagree with peoples opinions, but do it without resorting to insults as you've been doing.

misfire19d wrote:I’m not interested in reading about Transformers that resemble you because you are not interesting.

I'm just over the whole socio-political statements they sneak in.

Comics are supposed to be an escape from reality, not a platform for an individuals opinion.

Wait ... did a staff member just say something negative about IDW? Yeah, sorry but your first statement is in fact incorrect. Staff are divided on these books as much as members.

All opinions are welcome, be it for or against, just accept and respect the opinions of those that don't agree with you. We can disagree in a civilised manner.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #16 (1946029)
Posted by ScottyP on March 13th, 2018 @ 8:04pm CDT
Burn wrote:I'm just over the whole socio-political statements they sneak in.

I really don't think there's a whole ton of that in these books. I do think many readers actively look for such things. The most political part of Lost Light is the Megatron story in issue 6. Anode was not much of anything to me but some quick analysis on the sociological impact of a homonormative/asexual/etc intelligent species going out into the galaxy, and it helped lampshade Spotlight Arcee which is always nice. I found it too academic to be political. Getaway is a study in Cybertronian sociopathy, which is again more academic than anything.

On the second point, I think that's a little shortsighted on the purpose of any entertainment. While primarily around to provide leisure or pleasure, it can be a way to broaden horizons, challenge beliefs, and spread ideas that might help the world be better. The purpose of Transformers is for us to have fun while Hasbro makes money (mostly the latter, let's be honest), but if the entertainment it presents is mixed with a dose of material that helps us spread empathy, equanimity, and wisdom - or leads us to at least thinking about these things - then I don't see the big deal. If something does that by providing a Cybertronian avatar for underrepresented or marginalized groups, I also don't see the big deal. If anything it's great that inclusivity is such a focus, because it builds the fanbase and most of y'all are pretty cool :)
Transformers products from AMAZON