Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video

Transformers News: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video

Monday, November 10th, 2014 5:54pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, People News, Company News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 52,781

We've included the video embed below:

Published on Nov 10, 2014
Today we meet with Transformers toy designers, Joshua Lamb and John Warden, to talk about Combiner Wars. They'll show you how to swap and combine all-new Legend, Deluxe and Voyager class Generations figures into SUPERION, MENASOR or a Combiner robot from your own imagination!

Credit(s): Hasbro, Autobot Genocide

Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620936)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on November 10th, 2014 @ 6:26pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:I went into a Target today, and they had Generations Springer just sitting there. Do they still sell him in stores regularly, or was this just a very fortunate discovery? Because I was about to buy him online last week for a higher price, but decided against it. So, I'm glad I found him at retail.

I'm sure I saw Springer at retail some time within the last month, but don't remember exactly when/where, as I didn't really pay too much attention because I've already had one a while. If I had to guess, I'd say TRU, just because they always seem to have a ton of older Voyagers, but it could have been a Target or K-Mart. I'm sure it wasn't a Walmart as I've not been there for a while.

I did see Sandstorm in a Target today, and managed to pick up a Skids for myself. After opening it, I kinda wish I didn't get it. Oh well, they can't all be winners.
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620938)
Posted by cruizerdave on November 10th, 2014 @ 6:32pm CST
Well heck yeah! Our biggest advance is that the limbs are all interchangable! You know, like they were back in 1985!
Ha!
Seriously, I'm excited for these.
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620940)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 10th, 2014 @ 6:37pm CST
ScottyP wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Anyone have a moment to recap the quality control issues with Brainstorm?

Mostly has to do with the headmaster's head.
It's on a post attached with a screw. If your not careful with the mechanism that connects with the torso, the headmasters head will break off when you pull. stripping the threads in the neck and severing the head. The head tends to insert to far into the mechanism, and too much force is needed to get it out.
Also sounds like some sloppy residuals from sprew(spell?) separation.

Yikes. Good thing to know ahead of time though, so I can check for mold flash, extra gate, and maybe loosen up the assembly a bit.

Legendary internet reviewer Vangelus got his late last week and had to disassemble the entire torso to fix the spring. I think he had an issue that was above and beyond what's been mentioned here. Keep in mind he owns a pin press and you'll need that to remove the skirt pieces that along with screws hold the torso together. I hate to say it but I don't think these are QC issue but once again horrible flaws in the design that should've been worked out.
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620942)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 10th, 2014 @ 6:40pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:The official Transformers YouTube channel has posted a new video from their Designers Desk series, this time focusing on the upcoming Combiner Wars line.

We've included the video embed below:

Published on Nov 10, 2014

I can't wait for these to hit. If I could go back in time, I go to when I was a child and thought combiners were a scam then proceed to smack myself in my head.
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620944)
Posted by cruizerdave on November 10th, 2014 @ 6:44pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

You were not wrong. They are a complete scam to get kids to buy five toys instead of just one toy.

Fortunately, we are old and wise enough now that we don't fall for such schemes.

And yes, I GOTTA GET EM ALL! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620946)
Posted by Cobotron on November 10th, 2014 @ 6:47pm CST
cruizerdave wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

And yes, I GOTTA GET EM ALL! :KREMZEEK:

SUCKAAAAA!!!!
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620948)
Posted by cruizerdave on November 10th, 2014 @ 6:56pm CST
Cobotron wrote:
cruizerdave wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

And yes, I GOTTA GET EM ALL! :KREMZEEK:

SUCKAAAAA!!!!

:sad: Aw, leave me alone guys! I can't help it if these toys own my weak ass!
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620950)
Posted by Cobotron on November 10th, 2014 @ 6:59pm CST
cruizerdave wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
cruizerdave wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

And yes, I GOTTA GET EM ALL! :KREMZEEK:

SUCKAAAAA!!!!

:sad: Aw, leave me alone guys! I can't help it if these toys own my weak ass!

You're not the only one. :D
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620952)
Posted by Cobotron on November 10th, 2014 @ 7:04pm CST
Just watched the video.

I peed in my pants a little bit. :-(
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620955)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 10th, 2014 @ 7:22pm CST
Waitaminit. The limbs actually snap in place using SLIDES/SLOTS instead of just being pegged in?! That makes for way more solid limbs attachement! Also, they finally came to their senses and made a VOYAGER torso!

Me, the ghestalt hater, may begin to finally love them again after the excellent G1 Scramble City line.
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620956)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on November 10th, 2014 @ 7:24pm CST
Cobotron wrote:Just watched the video.

I peed in my pants a little bit. :-(

Yup... Damn..
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620958)
Posted by Cobotron on November 10th, 2014 @ 7:30pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote: Also, they finally came to their senses and made a VOYAGER torso!

You didn't know that?!?!

These dudes are gonna be HUGE!
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620961)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 10th, 2014 @ 7:40pm CST
Cobotron wrote:

You didn't know that?!?!

These dudes are gonna be HUGE!

I knew that. But seeing them on video confirm it. JFC, after so many lame, LAME combiners with the torso the same size as the limbs, NOW we are finally getting the combiners we deserves without having to pay a gonzillion $ to a 3rd party company.
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620965)
Posted by Railbomb on November 10th, 2014 @ 7:49pm CST
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620967)
Posted by Cobotron on November 10th, 2014 @ 7:50pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Cobotron wrote:

You didn't know that?!?!

These dudes are gonna be HUGE!

Yup. You know you wanna get on this train buddy.
Gonna be a fun ride.
Gitty up!
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620969)
Posted by padfoo on November 10th, 2014 @ 7:58pm CST

We've included the video embed below:

Published on Nov 10, 2014

SUPERION looks good, but Menasor's upper body looks really off. He could be mis-transformed I cannot tell.
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620971)
Posted by SlyTF1 on November 10th, 2014 @ 8:00pm CST
Optimum Supreme wrote:

Skids or Sandstorm? Because I've been looking to get both of those, as well.
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620975)
Posted by Cobotron on November 10th, 2014 @ 8:08pm CST
Railbomb wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the toys they have behind them from G1 always seem to hint at what new figures were going to get? So they may have been working on a new Devastator and Defensor...

I did a little double take when I saw that Devastator.
I'll bet he's in the line up for next year.
Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620976)
Posted by --B-- on November 10th, 2014 @ 8:11pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:

Skids or Sandstorm? Because I've been looking to get both of those, as well.

Re: Generations Combiner Wars Designers Desk Video (1620978)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 10th, 2014 @ 8:17pm CST
--B-- wrote:Sandstorm is awesome, better than Springer, IMHO. Skids sucks. I hate the not removable arm guns and his arms are not very good since his shoulders don't move. I wish I wouldn't have bought him, and I got him on sale with a gift card.

I agree for Sanndstorm. He's so marvelous! Springer only appeared once at my local TrU so I had to get mine from BBTS (on clearance, lucky me!) Having springer in hand, it confirm that Sandstorem is the best of the two. However, it's like saying that Chocolate pie is tastier than apple pie. Both are pie, both are marvelous, but I prefer one over the other.

As for Skids, he was not bad. Just, hmmmm'kay.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #245 - On a Boat
"On a Boat"
Posted: Saturday, April 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers The Loyal Subjects 8" Action Vinyl: Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS AUTOBOT WHIRL 30TH ANNIVERSARY 2014 Sealed Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Class, Ratchet  (Exclusive)" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects Transformers Trailbreaker, Swoop,Wheeljack, & Sludge Wave 3 Set" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AoE Drift Hasbro TF4 Age of Extinction Autobot Voyager Class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls Wave 3 BLITZWING & Rumble Figures" on EBAY
Buy "G1 TRANSFORMERS 1985 HELICOPTER WHIRL PHOTON BEAM RIFLE GUN PART ACCESSORY GEN 1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Lot of 32 Arcee Roadbuster Chromia More" on EBAY