Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released

Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released

Tuesday, July 12th, 2016 3:53pm CDT

Category: Collectables
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,408

We had reported that Hallmark was releasing a new Trasformers G1 Grimlock ornament, and now we have news that it is released. Both Seibertronians crazyfist and xrotorstormx reported getting these. Crazyfist reported that it was released this past week-end. Here is his quote below followed by images from these two Seibertronians.

To those that might be looking for the G1 Grimlock Hallmark Keepsake Christmas Ornament, it was released this past weekend. July 9th-10th saw the release online and in stores. I got mine in Winston-Salem, NC for $15.95 plus tax. Start Christmas early…ha ha!

Transformers News: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released

Transformers News: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released

Transformers News: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released

Transformers News: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released

Transformers News: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released

Transformers News: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released

Transformers News: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released

Transformers News: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released

Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1805016)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on July 12th, 2016 @ 4:05pm CDT
wow the description on the back isn't even about grimlock
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1805022)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on July 12th, 2016 @ 4:18pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:wow the description on the back isn't even about grimlock

This thing is super cute. But yeah, that's some odd packaging-and with the decepticon lettering even!
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1805026)
Posted by Emerje on July 12th, 2016 @ 4:24pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:wow the description on the back isn't even about grimlock

Right? It doesn't even mention Transformers at all outside of the logo (which chopped off the trademark). I'm also a little surprised that there's no mention of Hasbro licensing anywhere on the box when it's all over the website. Really strange, a little shocked Hasbro let them get away with that.

Emerje
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1805033)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on July 12th, 2016 @ 4:34pm CDT
I think it should transform. Just make it out of the same plastic the KO's use and use the same mold as the G1 toy. It'd be easy, cheap, and a great way to reintroduce the mold.
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1805065)
Posted by autobot00 on July 12th, 2016 @ 5:44pm CDT
trademark, hasbro stuff is on the bottom of the box
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1805073)
Posted by .... on July 12th, 2016 @ 7:00pm CDT
Does this thing actually transform??
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1805074)
Posted by william-james88 on July 12th, 2016 @ 7:04pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:Does this thing actually transform??

Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1805078)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on July 12th, 2016 @ 7:31pm CDT
Looks nice and all, but call me crazy, I think Christmas ornaments should actually, you know, have something to do with Christmas. Even something as simple as throwing a santa hat on Grimmy would have made it a thousand times more appropriate for a Christmas ornament.
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1805089)
Posted by Braker on July 12th, 2016 @ 8:41pm CDT
It's... It's beautiful.
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1805146)
Posted by xRotorstormx on July 13th, 2016 @ 7:12am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:wow the description on the back isn't even about grimlock

Emerje

Here is a picture of the bottom :)

Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1805257)
Posted by NTESHFT on July 13th, 2016 @ 3:04pm CDT
I picked mine up Saturday. He looks really cool. The only question I have is why is the logo on the front a Decepticon logo and not Autobot?
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1805415)
Posted by Emerje on July 13th, 2016 @ 10:56pm CDT
xRotorstormx wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:wow the description on the back isn't even about grimlock

Emerje

Here is a picture of the bottom :)

Ah, ok, that's a little better, though I'm still a little surprised to see the Hasbro logo isn't somewhere obvious like the bottom corner of the box. I guess that's the difference between being the licensor and licensee.

That aside, I don't see a problem with this being an ornament. It's based on a toy, kids open toys on Christmas, sounds like a fit to me.

Emerje
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1877493)
Posted by Va'al on April 26th, 2017 @ 5:28pm CDT
You will remember the Hallmark ornaments from previous years, such as Grimlock - we now have news of the 2017 edition, Soundwave, thanks to fellow Seibertronian zebanshee! Release date is July 15 2017, and it joins 2014's Optimus Prime, 2015's Megatron, and 2016's Grimlock. Check it out below.

Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1877494)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on April 26th, 2017 @ 5:29pm CDT
2917 wow thats a long way off
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1877499)
Posted by Kurona on April 26th, 2017 @ 5:39pm CDT
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1877506)
Posted by transformnerd114 on April 26th, 2017 @ 5:53pm CDT
"Soundwave superior, non-biologically immortal beings inferior."
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1877527)
Posted by Tresob on April 26th, 2017 @ 7:37pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Hmmm. The Grimlock ornament was cute and had its own unique little chibi style going for it, but in this case I'm not entirely sure what would make this attractive over just straight-up buying the actual G1 toy. Or maybe he's Titan Class-priced on Ebay by now, I dunno.

They make great little statues for G1 nostalgia.

And if you patrol Hallmark stores after Christmas, these things go for half price. I only have Grimlock, and that's how I bought him.

(I'm also not sure how Grimlock was "chibi." It seemed like a very faithful reproduction of the toy to me...just much smaller.)
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1877547)
Posted by william-james88 on April 26th, 2017 @ 8:52pm CDT

I dont get it, the Grimlock one was just his G1 toy made smaller. If he looked chibi to you, then that just means the original G1 would look chibi to you too:

Transformers G1 1985 Grimlock Gallery

Without me telling you, would you know that was a pic of the G1 toy and not the ornament?

Soundwave is the same. And I dont know why we are better off buying the G1 one instead when this just serves as an ornament on a tree and doesnt transform. I wouldnt put G1 soundwave in my Christmas tree, but I would put this cute ornament instead.
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1877621)
Posted by NTESHFT on April 27th, 2017 @ 8:38am CDT
Got mine preordered..... I like it. I feel nostalgic getting these...transformable or not they are still cool. Plus, I collect Hallmark ornaments too ...
Re: Hallmark Transformers G1 Grimlock Ornament Released (1877647)
Posted by Flashwave on April 27th, 2017 @ 11:00am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Transformers G1 1985 Grimlock Gallery

Same reason the Lionel ornaments are almost always the first to go, even though most trees have an actual train encircling them. People get them because they represent a love of something, or a gift to someone who loved something. Most of the otnaments in my family's tree are either 1)things we love, or 2) of or from family. In this case, G1. You can't (easily) hang G1 Soundwave on a tree, and ehy would you? This is much easier.

Edit: but it occurs to me the distinction here might be in a difference to each person's particular traditions over the holiday

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Earthrise War For Cybertron Trilogy Bombshock And Growl New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok Triple Changer & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue bots Morbot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Lot of 2 Flip Racers Bumblebee & Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Racing Trailer Optimus Prime missing trailer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS02 Voyager Red Wing Exclusive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Heroes Epic Rescue Bots Action Figure Large 2013 22"" on EBAY