Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours

Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours

Saturday, August 13th, 2011 9:40am CDT

Category: Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 44,868

Mastermind Creations have updated their Facebook page with two proposed colour schemes for their upcoming figure Hexatron, which is a homage to the legendary Sixshot. There are two proposed schemes are Civil War Format - which is more toy and anime-accurate, and WWI - Which references his colourscheme in the Dreamwave and IDW comics. Let Mastermind Creations know what you prefer by commenting on their Facebook page or join the discussion here on SEIBERTRON.com!

Civil War:

WWI:

Credit(s): Mastermind Creations

Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275695)
Posted by Mkall on August 13th, 2011 @ 9:42am CDT
I cannot wait for this fig. Personally I like the Civil War colours more. It strikes me as less garish.
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275698)
Posted by BeastProwl on August 13th, 2011 @ 9:44am CDT
WWI Has alot of nice detailing going on...
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275699)
Posted by Rated X on August 13th, 2011 @ 9:45am CDT
This is a homage to a G1 character, so I say G1 all the way !!! ANIMIE ;)
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275703)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on August 13th, 2011 @ 9:48am CDT
There is simply no question....Civil War 'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275707)
Posted by Astronopolis on August 13th, 2011 @ 9:54am CDT
Civil War ver. all the way. maybe use the WWI ver. for an exclusive (that i wont buy)
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275710)
Posted by unicron nemesis on August 13th, 2011 @ 9:57am CDT
Definitely Civil War.
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275712)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on August 13th, 2011 @ 10:05am CDT

by the way who is sixshot?
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275714)
Posted by g60force on August 13th, 2011 @ 10:09am CDT
starwarrior1227 wrote:though i like both i prefer the ww version cuz of the whole WFC energon vein look to it.

by the way who is sixshot?

Exactly why I bloody hate it! :BOOM:
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275717)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on August 13th, 2011 @ 10:13am CDT
if you look to the right-bottom corner you can see different formats, weapons, and something else i can't remember that was designed for the fig.

i wonder what that concusion blaster looks like. :-?
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275718)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on August 13th, 2011 @ 10:20am CDT
g60force wrote:

by the way who is sixshot?

Exactly why I bloody hate it! :BOOM:

i would like civil war better if it had some more paint detailing on the white arms.
there to bland for me.
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275727)
Posted by dinogeist on August 13th, 2011 @ 10:34am CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:There is simply no question....Civil War 'nuff said! :VEHI:

I give another vote for the civil war colors.

The WW1 versions seems to have a awful glaring neon puple high light color thing going on that reminds me too much of Generation 2.

SOLUTION: Since i'll be buying 2 of this toy,release it in both color schemes.

Update: I take back my comment/suggestion on them making both color schemes. Since I'll be buying 2,I prefer to get 2 of the Civil war colors.
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275731)
Posted by zodconvoy on August 13th, 2011 @ 10:39am CDT
I would go with Civil War colors but why not offer both?

Still, if I can spare whatever organ I'll have to sell to get this, it will be mine! But if they're at the "which color?" stage we probably have at least 6 months to go.
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275735)
Posted by cylor on August 13th, 2011 @ 10:42am CDT
Civil War, hands down.
I don't like the neon purple of the WWI, and to me it doesn't seem to be so consistent with the IDW colors too...
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275740)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on August 13th, 2011 @ 10:48am CDT
I like the Civil War colors better, Sixshot (sadly) wasn't in WFC so he doesn't need those Energon veins in my opinion.

starwarrior1227 wrote:by the way who is sixshot?

WHAT?! :shock:
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275742)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on August 13th, 2011 @ 10:49am CDT
Oh com’on! we get the first six changer since RID Galvatron and Megs’ and its based upon the original six changer Sixshot and they can’t decide the color scheme?

Headmasters/G1 ALL THE WAY!!!
Also repaints with remolds as: Sixknight, Greatshot, Quickswitch
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275743)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on August 13th, 2011 @ 10:50am CDT
Civil War. The added highlight in the other version only make him took tacky, and not really add to the figure. The Civil War one looks more like Sixshot anyways.

starwarrior1227 wrote:by the way who is sixshot?

Read up. He is only one of the most bad-arsed G1 characters ever. The first character (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) to have more than 3 modes.
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275744)
Posted by amtm on August 13th, 2011 @ 10:52am CDT
It's impossible to tell which one looks better when they're presented on completely different backgrounds--one with a big white burst, the other all dark. They need to put them both on the same plain, preferably white or similarly neutral background to be able to judge without being influenced by the background.
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275748)
Posted by Covenant on August 13th, 2011 @ 11:05am CDT
It's Civil War colors. This ain't even a question.
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275753)
Posted by korisifu on August 13th, 2011 @ 11:09am CDT
Covenant wrote:Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours

What they said!
Re: Help Mastermind Creations Decide on Hexatron's Colours (1275755)
Posted by xyl360 on August 13th, 2011 @ 11:10am CDT
Clearly I'm in the minority here, but I like the WWI colors much better. I love the intensity of the green and the highlights add more depth to the overall look.

Sixshot is one of my all-time fav characters, but with all modern updates I prefer it when they "modernize" the color schemes etc. (that's why I generally prefer Henkei and United over Generations and RTS). It just looks more "metal" and real to me, but it's certainly a matter of taste.

Since my POV is obviously doomed to failure, I just hope they make both so that I can get the WWI version.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers lot of 3  - Generations Select - Deluxe - Ricochet - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Heatwave The Firebot With Axe Hand Bots Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader DOUBLEDEALER  NIB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Bundle Rare, Medix, Blades And Blurr Morbot Job Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Ricochet with Nightstick MISB Commemorative Series IX 9 Transformers Stepper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chief Charlie Burns Rescue Cutter Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Cloudraker" on EBAY