IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview

IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview

Saturday, January 20th, 2018 2:23am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 14,898

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Targetmaster Kup pointing us towards Newsarama, we now have a full five-page preview for the upcoming thirteenth issue of IDW's Lost Light! Due out this Wednesday, January 24th, the story picks back up with Rodimus & Crew as well as Fortress Maximus, Red Alert and Cerebros coming to the rescue of those left on Necroworld! Check it out below, and come back to the Energon Pub on Wednesday when it's released to discuss what happens!

Transformers: Lost Light #13
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Jack Lawrence (c)
CABIN FEVER! Crammed into a dead Decepticon astropod that's ten sizes too small, the displaced crew of the Lost Light face their most serious threat yet: each other. As tensions rise and tempers fray, only one Autobot is arrogant enough to think he can save the day. Enter Rodimus, expert mediator.

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview

Credit(s): Newsarama

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932587)
Posted by Bounti76 on January 20th, 2018 @ 2:34am CST
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932592)
Posted by BeePrime on January 20th, 2018 @ 3:28am CST
Bounti76 wrote:UGH. After reading that preview, I'm glad I canceled my subscription to Lost Light. After last issue, and the way super-powered super strong Star Saber took out Defensor like a chump (where was his forcefield??) and sliced Mirage to pieces....not to mention Rook being blown to bits......we go in this issue with Anode and she's back to being annoying as all hell. Does Roberts genuinely think he's so hilarious making everything that comes out of her mouth so "clever" and "witty"? The way she's being written, I seriously hope she meets up with Star Saber, too. An extra head up her robo-a**?? Are you KIDDING me?? It's almost over-the-top embarrassing to read her dialogue and storylines because the way it's written is so cringeworthy. :SICK:

Seconded. I still read the synopsis on TFWiki though, because I guess I LIKE punishment... :BOOM:
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932597)
Posted by Bounti76 on January 20th, 2018 @ 4:33am CST
BeePrime wrote:

I do, too. I can skip the far-too-clever dialogue and still get the gist of the story, but I'm convinced Roberts has lost his touch, and is now making his original characters do and say the most over the top crap..... if it turns out that there's some spectacular story he's building, and I just can't see it, I'll eat my words gladly, LL is too silly, over the top and all over the place with story to earn my money.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932599)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on January 20th, 2018 @ 5:32am CST
Va'al wrote:
Daniel Adkins wrote:
misfire19d wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Targetmaster Kup wrote:That coloring on the B Covers is horrendous!

How so?

How is it not horrendous?

shill :roll:

It would help if you actually described your problems with it.

Indeed! I was just asking to see if I understand the misgivings, whether I accept them or not. ;)

Lack of depth.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932600)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 20th, 2018 @ 5:44am CST

The star saber thing, I've got a couple of theories:

1# he's received a power up to make him more of a threat, he was injured in his last fight so it makes sense that tryest would repair him and make him stronger.

2# this is based on the theory that getaway is stuck in a memory loop as well. Now starsaber was only able to do that to Defensor due to getaway believing that would be the result, basically, starsaber is as strong as getaway thinks he is. Although starsaber would have no trouble with mirage at all.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932601)
Posted by Randomhero on January 20th, 2018 @ 5:59am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I didn't think she was annoying, but I guess my humour aligns quite well here in what is supposed to be the lighter half of the tf comics. Also not all the blame falls on Roberts as there is someone above him, checking all these ideas. The editor is someone who seems to never get the blame I'm these circumstances, I wonder why that is...

The star saber thing, I've got a couple of theories:

Or option three: bad writing.

You’re giving way too much credit and thinking way too hard
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932605)
Posted by Moody magpie on January 20th, 2018 @ 6:45am CST
Well at least the artwork looks good.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932609)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 20th, 2018 @ 7:51am CST
Randomhero wrote:

The star saber thing, I've got a couple of theories:

Or option three: bad writing.

You’re giving way too much credit and thinking way too hard

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932623)
Posted by LE0KING on January 20th, 2018 @ 9:53am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

The star saber thing, I've got a couple of theories:

Or option three: bad writing.

You’re giving way too much credit and thinking way too hard

Did you read Till all are one? In my opinion Scott wrote circles around Roberts last year. Ever since John Barber stopped editing him, James has continued to make bad decisions and add poorer dialogue.
I don't know if Barber was holding him in check, or he's lost his touch, or what, but Lost Light feels like a poor shadow of mtmte.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932630)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on January 20th, 2018 @ 11:03am CST
The cloak though, now *that* interests me. The Benzene cluster is roughly where the LL is, and the Warren, which is presumably the cause of the cloaks inaccuracy. If this is a thread to bring Max, Red, Outrigger/Beak and (most importantly) Cerebros into the main plot again, I am super on board.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932632)
Posted by Deadput on January 20th, 2018 @ 11:10am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:No, he isn't. Robert's is probably the greatest Transformers writer we've ever had. I may not like the direction the story is going, but that does not make it a bad story.

If Transformers greatest write is James Roberts then that just means Transformer is always a horribly written franchise.

The only decently written parts of MTMTE was the first season right up to Remain in Light after that is when things started to fall apart narrative wise.

Lost Light is miles wide but has the depth of a puddle.

He can get a story and characters going but he sure as hell can't stay on course and it doesn't help that his ego has been fed by the rabid fans who clamor for more silly random crap.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932635)
Posted by ricemazter on January 20th, 2018 @ 11:25am CST
ArmadaPrime wrote:"Noggin" has to be going somewhere, this is altogether too far-fetched to just be a bizarre joke.

I'm going to guess that "Noggin" is just velocity playing a joke an Anode. Probably the next page will start with her smiling and saying gotcha. The whole other head thing is too stupid to be real.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932638)
Posted by ricemazter on January 20th, 2018 @ 11:34am CST
LE0KING wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

The star saber thing, I've got a couple of theories:

Or option three: bad writing.

You’re giving way too much credit and thinking way too hard

Ditto on Scott and TAAO. It's a shame that book was canceled. At the least the annual was a beautiful send off. I really wish the rest of IDW would catch up and confirm "lord" Windblade and nice Starscream.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932647)
Posted by Va'al on January 20th, 2018 @ 12:09pm CST
Gentle reminder (before we get to that point) that criticism of people - be they users or creators or anyone else - is fine, but also to make sure we don't fall into name-calling and uncalled for insults.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932654)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 20th, 2018 @ 12:33pm CST
@Randomhero you may consider it bad writing but I don't, it's more you don't like his story choices which is fair enough. Not everyone will agree with story direction, I mean look at the last jedi.

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932684)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on January 20th, 2018 @ 2:37pm CST
I’m trying to avoid LL spoilers here (although MTMTE has pretty much been entirely spoiled due to my own fault), but I have a question. On a purely objective level, is James Roberts, in general, a good writer?

For example, while not everyone is a fan of Charles Dickens or William Shakespeare, they were most definitely good writers (Not that someone in the comic book industry could live up to that level).

Thanks in advance! ;)^
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932691)
Posted by Deadput on January 20th, 2018 @ 3:02pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:@Deadput not to be that guy but G1 is hardly good writing so yeah...the franchise has been all over the place in terms of writing, even Simon Furmans run on the marvel G1 comics was patchy in places. Beast wars was good writing, and again with Beast Machines (though, again you can argue about direction)

Never thought G1 had good writing ever but it was still entertaining sometimes, to me the only good written things in the whole franchise is Beast Wars, Animated, and some comic issues from some of the comics we have gotten over the years. (No I do not think Transformers Prime had good writing)

I don't consider writing to be everything that makes something good (I love the Room) but it has to be the number 1 most important thing...

if it is entertaining

This is why I've liked the Bay movies over the years, they are written horribly on the most part and some parts were bad but there were plenty of things that were very entertaining which is all that matters to me.

MTMTE in the beginning had some good writing but it was also entertaining to read as well with great art, good characters, some good world building and presenting some mysteries and questions.

But Over time we either lost things such as Alex Milne's great art (Although it's nice to see him back) which is a big part of MTMTE being replaced by overly cartoony or just bad looking art, the characters are now either stale, don't do much and are just there or have had their character development dropped and forgotten such as the obnoxious Rodimus, the story no longer went to other places and was very self confined compared to before, things were either not answered or if they were they were they had lackluster answers such as Tarn's identity being a red herring and the actual answer having little build up.

Oh yeah and we keep on getting obnoxious oc's like Anode that are just annoying as hell and take page time away from other characters, there are other people on the Lost Light like Inferno and Smokescreen who have done nothing why not use them or bring more obscure characters from the franchise instead of having to come up with characters nobody likes?

So I'm not entertained anymore and the only reason I'm sticking around is in the hopes the end of Lost Light is good...not that I'm optimistic about those chances.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932699)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 20th, 2018 @ 4:03pm CST
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932704)
Posted by Deadput on January 20th, 2018 @ 4:37pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Thank you for explaining your views :-) deadput. Im still entertained and I was never bothered by the reveal about tarn as it was clear given Roberts writing that it was never who everyone thought it was.

Yeah I'm not mad about who Tarn was but there wasn't enough evidence and build up to who he actually was, could of made about two or three other guys who could of been Tarn to keep viewers guessing.

The reveal kinda felt out of left field.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #13 Full Preview (1932745)
Posted by WreckerJack on January 20th, 2018 @ 10:48pm CST
I'll admit I read LL mostly for the characters that I like but, I am looking into reading some other TF comics since LL can be such a coinflip at times.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Dragstrip Wildbreak Dragbreak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Air Raid" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Barricade Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Class 2010" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Moon Roadbuster + Backfire Spike Witwicky Mechtech NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege - Starscream - Voyager Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O Transformers Bumblebee #36421 & Megatron #30688 Set With 7 Kreons Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series ~ BUMBLEBEE MPM-7 ~ Takara-Tomy/Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Twinferno Action Figure" on EBAY